FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > glasses

glasses

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hemonkeyhead OP   Man  over a year ago

Reading

had to revert to my older pair after sleeping on my nice pair (actually had to peel the remains off my sweaty butt...)

put on my spare pair, went outside, they went darker. thought "ahh shit, they're the colour changing ones". i remember getting them thinking they'd changed very quickly, and work in the car. sales person was all like "yeah, yeah, they'll be fine in the car (as a passenger)". didn't know car windows filter UV light...

long story, now in the hunt for a new (cheap) pair of glasses. because apparently semi expensive ones don't hold up too well to being slept on. and not metal (chips too easily). or small lenses. hate looking at the frame - very distracting. i get distracted easily. or frameless glasses. too much optical distortion around the frameless parts. and ideally black. or white (i think i can pull off white glasses)

can't do contact lenses. hurts like a motherfucker...

laser eye surgery? i'm so used to wearing glasses i look odd without them. kinda like a black milhouse. nose and all...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

You can get really cheap ones over t'internet. I gae my prescription over the phone and 2 wks later had a lovely pair of glasses £40 P&P.

Shops rip you off for some bits of plastic.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

my glasses have arms that bend so are less likely to break if i fall asleep wearing them. laser surgery seems like a good option but the technology we have so far means you can only have it a few times over your life time, so if they get worse and need doing again you only have limited amount of times to laser them.

have a chat with your optician about the surgery though, i have done and decided it wasn't for me.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I have my good pair, all singing and dancing varifocal progressive lenses (£400)

And my two cheap pairs for reading and distance from the interweb £6 and £9 (semi-frameless) respectively

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

I got some beautiful ones in Prague a few years back. My mate was like, nah, it'll never happen!

First place I walked into was a lovely optometrist who'd spent five years in London.

Sorted me out in 30mins, collected specs same day.

1/4 of the price you'd pay here.

I got new glasses this week. Got told I look like Clarke Kent. I'll take that

It was cheaper for me to get new frames and lenses then just the lenses. Figure that one out!

Sarah

By *tt1Couple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Mr Gtt had laser nearly 2 years ago - best money ever spent, did loads of research first and spent extra to go to who we considered the best but worth every penny for the treatment and aftercare

Do the research and of course choose whatever is right for you but for Mr Gtt it's worked out perfectly

Xx Gtt

» Add a new message to this topic