FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > prescription charges

prescription charges

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oresters OP   Couple  over a year ago

The Forest

Prescription charges have been increased to £7.40 today, but only for the few eligible working English people, like my good self. Everyone else gets them free. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling knowing that I'm helping out the less fortunate people of the world, namely the Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish.

How does it make you feel?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i thought everyone had to pay apart from children, those in FE, those with medical exemptions etc (like me )

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"but only for the few eligible working English people, like my good self"

And us

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Prescription charges have been increased to £7.40 today, but only for the few eligible working English people, like my good self. Everyone else gets them free. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling knowing that I'm helping out the less fortunate people of the world, namely the Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish.

How does it make you feel?"

less fortunate what you mean about that?

oh this could get nasty !

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

in scotland ,working my arse of and paying for prescriptions ,just like thousands of others up here lol !

birmingham

"oh this could get nasty !"

Why should it?

Can't we have a sensible debate?

"in scotland ,working my arse of and paying for prescriptions ,just like thousands of others up here lol ! "
exactly

The Forest

[Removed by poster at 01/04/11 20:34:10]

"Prescription charges have been increased to £7.40 today, but only for the few eligible working English people, like my good self. Everyone else gets them free. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling knowing that I'm helping out the less fortunate people of the world, namely the Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish.

How does it make you feel?less fortunate what you mean about that?"

They are Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish... Simples...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

May i humbly apologize for having diabitis and therefore am exempt from paying for prescriptions

birmingham

"in scotland ,working my arse of and paying for prescriptions ,just like thousands of others up here lol !"

"exactly "

How about hospital parking charges?

evesham

"oh this could get nasty !

Why should it?

Can't we have a sensible debate? "

hi there, welcome to fabs. there is a section in the welcome pack regarding sensible debates and why they are banned on here.

signed

The Welcome Committee

The Forest

"in scotland ,working my arse of and paying for prescriptions ,just like thousands of others up here lol ! "

Only announced today, not sure when it will be implementd - check any news site.

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

oh and its northern ireland not notheren irish lol

evesham

"May i humbly apologize for having diabitis and therefore am exempt from paying for prescriptions"

dont apologise - its the one good thing of having the fecking thing!!!

Why should it?

Can't we have a sensible debate? "

debates get bit heated when borders involved. english pay for prescriptions, scots n welsh dont. that doesnt mean engish are subsidising us.

just dont get onto subject of north sea oil lol

"in scotland ,working my arse of and paying for prescriptions ,just like thousands of others up here lol !

exactly

How about hospital parking charges?"

what about them down to nhs for charging it:dont bring car in use public transport

The Forest

"May i humbly apologize for having diabitis and therefore am exempt from paying for prescriptions"

There's no need to apologise at all - if you need free scripts, you should have them. Does everyone but the English need them for free?

birmingham

"The Welcome Committee "

They keep turning us down for a meet

"May i humbly apologize for having diabitis and therefore am exempt from paying for prescriptions

There's no need to apologise at all - if you need free scripts, you should have them. Does everyone but the English need them for free?"

I dont understand, are you saying everyone of a different nationality that lives in england doesnt have to pay?

"in scotland ,working my arse of and paying for prescriptions ,just like thousands of others up here lol !

Only announced today, not sure when it will be implementd - check any news site."

down to your local government ours for SNP an Scottish labor said yes for free so it pass

By *mack my bumMan  over a year ago

Hayle

don't aplogise my moms diabetic if she had to pay it wud cost a fortune. 2 lots of insulin, test strips, needles that wud cost 4 x 7.40

Funny thing is i take 15 lots of medication, the other medication is even more important to me, yet if i wasnt diabetic id have to pay for it. I cant make sense of it

The Forest

"May i humbly apologize for having diabitis and therefore am exempt from paying for prescriptions

There's no need to apologise at all - if you need free scripts, you should have them. Does everyone but the English need them for free?

I dont understand, are you saying everyone of a different nationality that lives in england doesnt have to pay?"

No, I meant it as everyone who lives in England that is eligible for paying the charges - I kept it short, but should have expanded to make it more understandable.

By *mack my bumMan  over a year ago

Hayle

When I did my shoulder I got a prescription 4 co codamol when I took the precsciption in the lady at the chemist said u can get them without prescription saving me over £5.50

I dont understand, are you saying everyone of a different nationality that lives in england doesnt have to pay?

No, I meant it as everyone who lives in England that is eligible for paying the charges - I kept it short, but should have expanded to make it more understandable."

It still doesnt make sense, scotland have their own parliment. If you went to live in scotland would you still have to pay for prescriptions?

Southampton

There's no need to apologise at all - if you need free scripts, you should have them. Does everyone but the English need them for free?"

well hardly everyone elses fault if the english goverment is lagging behind !! lol !!!

may time for the people to use their votes for their advantage .obviously works else where

Southampton

no diamond if you live here and under doctor up here it would be free .x

birmingham

"If you went to live in scotland would you still have to pay for prescriptions?"

The way I understand it, no.

"no diamond if you live here and under doctor up here it would be free .x"

Thankyou, thats what i thought.

So everyone in the uk who isnt exempt has to pay regardless of nationality and everyone who lives in scotland regardless of nationality doesnt have to pay.

So i cant see the point of the thread

birmingham

"So everyone in the uk who isnt exempt has to pay"

Only those in England have to pay, NI / Wales / scotland are free.

Southampton

hey all move to scotland !!! youd be made welcome here and people are fantastic !!!

Why should it?

Can't we have a sensible debate?

debates get bit heated when borders involved. english pay for prescriptions, scots n welsh dont. that doesnt mean engish are subsidising us.

just dont get onto subject of north sea oil lol"

hides for cover. I'm never ill anyway! (cough splutter sneeze)

"So i cant see the point of the thread"

Oh come on Diamonds...can you not?!!

"hey all move to scotland !!! youd be made welcome here and people are fantastic !!! "

Agreed! Scottish girls are friendly, just watch for the nutters wi red hair like her and me (i'm only dyed black hair)

"So i cant see the point of the thread

Oh come on Diamonds...can you not?!!

"

Maybe when ive slapped my hrt patches on i might lol

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"hey all move to scotland !!! youd be made welcome here and people are fantastic !!! "

Nah....we've exhausted most of the oil reserves....come back to us when you have discovered gold on the shores of Loch Loman!

I agree to medical exemption certificates to a certain degree.. think they should be just for the specific medication/s not for everything

Perhaps it would lower fee's for other people.

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

I took a prescription with me on holiday to Wales but when I went to collect it I had to pay as I live in England so I think it depends on the address on the prescription not your nationality.

"I agree to medical exemption certificates to a certain degree.. think they should be just for the specific medication/s not for everything

Perhaps it would lower fee's for other people."

You arnt exempt for everything

Ive just checked i take 17 different types of medication

17x7.40=£130.80 a month

so if i wasnt on medication for diebitis which is three tablets id still have to pay over £100 a month for prescriptions

[Removed by poster at 01/04/11 21:17:30]

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

ya might want to change....

actually the prescription charges actually comes out of the health budget for scotland, wales and Northern Ireland's NHS budgets... and those parliments/assemblies decided not to pass those charges on...

so I'm sure that the apology you owe those scotish, irish and welsh people will be forthcoming...

won't it????

so is it £7.40 for each item then?

"so is it £7.40 for each item then? "

yes per item, but you can pay a lump sum yearly for alot. But my argument is, if i didnt take my medication i would be in hospital no two ways about it and it would cost the nhs far more to keep me in hospital

"so is it £7.40 for each item then?

yes per item, but you can pay a lump sum yearly for alot. But my argument is, if i didnt take my medication i would be in hospital no two ways about it and it would cost the nhs far more to keep me in hospital"

oh blooming heck, i didn't know it was for each item, sorry. I thought it was for as many items then were written on that prescription.. christ £7.40 is steep

Torquay

ya might want to change....

actually the prescription charges actually comes out of the health budget for scotland, wales and Northern Ireland's NHS budgets... and those parliments/assemblies decided not to pass those charges on...

so I'm sure that the apology you owe those scotish, irish and welsh people will be forthcoming...

won't it???? "

Oh Fabio, Fabio...

Don't start asking people to actually address the FACTS when they start these kinds of threads.....musn't let the TRUTH get in the way of a good tear up in the forum!

If you have to pay and get more than one thing a month you can look in to pre-payment card. It's about £112 for the year and you don't pay for anything other than the PPC.

Google for it, as I would post a link but I think the link Nazis would remove the post for a link to the nhs website as it's not on the approved list

Torquay

"If you have to pay and get more than one thing a month you can look in to pre-payment card. It's about £112 for the year and you don't pay for anything other than the PPC.

Google for it, as I would post a link but I think the link Nazis would remove the post for a link to the nhs website as it's not on the approved list"

Nazi's?....that's a bit uncalled for don't you think?

birmingham

"but I think the link Nazis "

birmingham

"Google for it, as I would post a link but I think the link Nazis would remove the post for a link to the nhs website as it's not on the approved list"

Happy to use the site tho without contributing towards it's costs

I never visit doctor, no need, am picture of health!! but am told prescription charges in Scotland have been abolished!

"I never visit doctor, no need, am picture of health!! but am told prescription charges in Scotland have been abolished! "

As of today they have yes

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"If you have to pay and get more than one thing a month you can look in to pre-payment card. It's about £112 for the year and you don't pay for anything other than the PPC.

Google for it, as I would post a link but I think the link Nazis would remove the post for a link to the nhs website as it's not on the approved list

Nazi's?....that's a bit uncalled for don't you think? "

Very much so...even if people think if they put a smiley at the end it makes it a "joke"

"I never visit doctor, no need, am picture of health!! but am told prescription charges in Scotland have been abolished!

As of today they have yes "

Yes, but prescriptions were already free to the approx 90% of Scots who qualify through age, benefit status or an existing medical condition. That 90% includes people who could quite easily afford to pay for their prescriptions.

The 10% who became eligible for free prescriptions today will cost NHS Scotland about £57,000,000.

You'd never guess there's an election in a month's time, would you?

exactly

How about hospital parking charges?what about them down to nhs for charging it:dont bring car in use public transport "

The problem with free parking at NHS hospitals in Scotland is that it allows everyone and anyone - even those who have no connection at all with the hospital - to park for free and go about their business whilst occupying a parking space which could have been used by a member of staff, an out-patient or someone visiting a sick relative.

Not all members of staff are able to use public transport because of the times shifts start/ finish.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

thanks forrester,it makes me feel good,

and when i dont feel good.

it makes me feel happy,to know that your paying,to make me feel good again.

thanks again,yer the salt of the earth.xx

It doesn't quite work that way. The NHS in Scotland gets about 10% of the funding the NHS in England gets because of Barnett consequentials (ie the population of Scotland is roughly 10% of the population of England).

What the Scottish Executive chooses to spend NHS Scotland money on is entirely a matter for them. If they spend it on free prescriptions it just means there'l be less money for other stuff.

"

won't it???? "

So bottom line is.....the English Parliament are a bunch of grasping feckers who don't give a toss about the sick and pass the cost onto them?

Basically its an illness tax then.......typical......how very English of them! R

"

won't it????

So bottom line is.....the English Parliament are a bunch of grasping feckers who don't give a toss about the sick and pass the cost onto them?

Basically its an illness tax then.......typical......how very English of them! R"

I dunno about an English Parliament but there's no doubt the Con Dem government are "a bunch of grasping feckers who don't give a toss about the sick" .

glasgow

what always amazes me about the nhs,is. they are a massive organisation,buying an unbelievable,amount of drugs.

in any other walk of life,buying that quantity of goods.would bring huge discounted prices.

on the contrary for the nhs,it pays through the nose for everything.

is there a reason for this,apart from weak management,and backhanders.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Basically its an illness tax then.......typical......how very English of them! R"

the one million pound question!!!

now if that had been the question that the OP had ask.. then I think it may have been an interesting topic?

but instead... the OP decided to have a pop at the other administrations, rather than possibly looking at there own!!!

I'll be interested to see if the OP does come back to this thread to apologise... I shall not be holding my breath though....

"what always amazes me about the nhs,is. they are a massive organisation,buying an unbelievable,amount of drugs.

in any other walk of life,buying that quantity of goods.would bring huge discounted prices.

on the contrary for the nhs,it pays through the nose for everything.

is there a reason for this,apart from weak management,and backhanders."

The NHS in Scotland has a separate purchasing arm but it's decisions on 'what' to buy are often led by consultants who want access to the latest drugs. These, by definition, are invariably expensive 'cos the pharma firms have the big initial investment to recopup.

That's before you get into the realms of medical devices and equipment.

Needless to say, if anyone has evidence of backhanders (anywhere in public sector procurement), they should inform Crimestoppers on the usual number where their info will bring the reward they deserve.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

won't it????

Basically its an illness tax then.......typical......how very English of them! R

I dunno about an English Parliament but there's no doubt the Con Dem government are "a bunch of grasping feckers who don't give a toss about the sick" ."

You can't blame just one party, no other party has abolished charges in England either.

glasgow

"

won't it????

I dunno about an English Parliament but there's no doubt the Con Dem government are "a bunch of grasping feckers who don't give a toss about the sick" .

You can't blame just one party, no other party has abolished charges in England either."

it's 12.15am saturday night,stop talking sense.

or i'm reporting you hmmm.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Sorry

"

won't it????

I dunno about an English Parliament but there's no doubt the Con Dem government are "a bunch of grasping feckers who don't give a toss about the sick" ."

working peeps have been paying prescription charges for years now, it is not a recent thing.

glasgow

"Sorry "

ok last warning.

anybody can make a mistake,dont let it happen again.

(fantassy land,i'm telling rugby of.how often does that happen)

I wonder what would happen if all us poor sighted people couldnt afford to get there eyes tested and new glasses. Noone would be able to see anyone , would be interesting for meets though

By *aryDafiMan  over a year ago

Tripple e

Scotland seems like a good option right now if you are getting stung with lots of prescription charges.

I have accepted a long time ago that life is not fair for those who are healthy, in jobs that pay them well enough for them not to qualify for any benefits in their entire lives.

"I have accepted a long time ago that life is not fair for those who are healthy, in jobs that pay them well enough for them not to qualify for any benefits in their entire lives. "

Depends how you look at it. Coming from another aspect life has been very fair if you are healthy and in a job that pays you well enough not to need any benefit in your entire life. Has it not?

Don't really think there is a one of us who would refuse help to someone genuinely in need.

It is the scroungers and fiddlers scandals that wind us up.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

havnt read the rest of the thread, but im finding this very rude, 1 im english born but live in northern ireland, yes i work and have done most of my working life, give or take when i was having children, i pay taxes and NI contribution, if u pay for my prescription then send me the bill but i want proff 1st that you actually do

havnt read the rest of the thread, but im finding this very rude, 1 im english born but live in northern ireland, yes i work and have done most of my working life, give or take when i was having children, i pay taxes and NI contribution, if u pay for my prescription then send me the bill but i want proff 1st that you actually do "

wheee, and not a single "hiccup"

Lisburn

havnt read the rest of the thread, but im finding this very rude, 1 im english born but live in northern ireland, yes i work and have done most of my working life, give or take when i was having children, i pay taxes and NI contribution, if u pay for my prescription then send me the bill but i want proff 1st that you actually do "

forgot to add that we ARE one of the worst paid in uk and higher cost of living ,

"I have accepted a long time ago that life is not fair for those who are healthy, in jobs that pay them well enough for them not to qualify for any benefits in their entire lives.

Depends how you look at it. Coming from another aspect life has been very fair if you are healthy and in a job that pays you well enough not to need any benefit in your entire life. Has it not? "

No, not really.

I studied hard, worked hard and looked after myself sufficiently well not to have any health issues, and pay my taxes to fund those who are less fortunate than myself.

I don't mind that for those who are genuninely unwell or born with health issues.

However, there are plenty of spongers who take advantage and live off the state.

I would like to see those such as myself be rewarded when I retire not to have claimed a penny from the state.

"I have accepted a long time ago that life is not fair for those who are healthy, in jobs that pay them well enough for them not to qualify for any benefits in their entire lives.

Depends how you look at it. Coming from another aspect life has been very fair if you are healthy and in a job that pays you well enough not to need any benefit in your entire life. Has it not?

No, not really.

I studied hard, worked hard and looked after myself sufficiently well not to have any health issues, and pay my taxes to fund those who are less fortunate than myself.

I don't mind that for those who are genuninely unwell or born with health issues.

However, there are plenty of spongers who take advantage and live off the state.

I would like to see those such as myself be rewarded when I retire not to have claimed a penny from the state.

"

That is an excellent idea.

Nevertheless, life has treated you well. The government? Disputable; but life yes.

Lisburn

havnt read the rest of the thread, but im finding this very rude, 1 im english born but live in northern ireland, yes i work and have done most of my working life, give or take when i was having children, i pay taxes and NI contribution, if u pay for my prescription then send me the bill but i want proff 1st that you actually do

forgot to add that we ARE one of the worst paid in uk and higher cost of living ,"

lol im surprised seeing im pissed , but some things do make my blood boil and im actually very easy going and tend to stay away from things that antagonise peeps

» Add a new message to this topic