FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Australia what the hell?

Australia what the hell?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So one of the bbc news websites fluff pieces today is some Australian schools have banned clapping.

"Instead of clapping, the students are free to punch the air, pull excited faces and wriggle about on the spot"

Seriously, other schools have banned hugging

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did they say why?

"Did they say why? "

to avoid upsetting sensitive students

"Did they say why?

to avoid upsetting sensitive students "

Poor lambs

Probably to stop distraction much like that school that sends girls home for having more than 25 curls in their hair, just getting rediculous now.

Awwwww bless.

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

Nothing wrong with banning ''the clap'' from the youth of today!

"Probably to stop distraction much like that school that sends girls home for having more than 25 curls in their hair, just getting rediculous now. "

All girls school to stop using girls, ladies and women too and switch to gender neutral pronouns

Don't get drawn into the media's baiting. Usually the story is inaccurate or not giving the full story.....there maybe kids with special needs in that class who become distressed? So the teacher adapted and considered their needs? Well done teacher.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Sounds like a distorted story.

" Don't get drawn into the media's baiting. Usually the story is inaccurate or not giving the full story.....there maybe kids with special needs in that class who become distressed? So the teacher adapted and considered their needs? Well done teacher."

I was thinking that too

" Don't get drawn into the media's baiting. Usually the story is inaccurate or not giving the full story.....there maybe kids with special needs in that class who become distressed? So the teacher adapted and considered their needs? Well done teacher."

There's a teacher with a hearing aid who didn't fancy adjusting it so everyone has to fit around them.

It's part of a broader outbreak of PC that is sweeping australia at the moment which includes other schools banning gender specific language, Christmas carols and baa baa black sheep

"Did they say why?

to avoid upsetting sensitive students "

I have yet to meet a sensitive aussie

where do they keep this rare breed?

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

"Nothing wrong with banning ''the clap'' from the youth of today! "

xxxx Suzi

" Don't get drawn into the media's baiting. Usually the story is inaccurate or not giving the full story.....there maybe kids with special needs in that class who become distressed? So the teacher adapted and considered their needs? Well done teacher.

There's a teacher with a hearing aid who didn't fancy adjusting it so everyone has to fit around them.

It's part of a broader outbreak of PC that is sweeping australia at the moment which includes other schools banning gender specific language, Christmas carols and baa baa black sheep"

Maybe. Or maybe it was teaching children to consider others and be inclusive? I'm cynical about the media and reporting I'm afraid. The concept of mass PC issues being forced upon is,is usually only affecting us in the headlines as opposed to our actual lives.

[Removed by poster at 21/07/16 10:11:45]

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Would a 1 handed clap be a better option?

" Don't get drawn into the media's baiting. Usually the story is inaccurate or not giving the full story.....there maybe kids with special needs in that class who become distressed? So the teacher adapted and considered their needs? Well done teacher.

It's part of a broader outbreak of PC that is sweeping australia at the moment which includes other schools banning gender specific language, Christmas carols and baa baa black sheep

Maybe. Or maybe it was teaching children to consider others and be inclusive? I'm cynical about the media and reporting I'm afraid. The concept of mass PC issues being forced upon is,is usually only affecting us in the headlines as opposed to our actual lives."

It's elanora heights public school so by all means fact check for yourself.

PC is a verbal form of gentrification that fails to change the underlying issues it seeks to cover up. In other words, a plaster over a broken leg.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

There's a lot of persistent myths about schools.

For example, the 'rule' that teachers cannot put their hands on students. Check out the latest legislation. In certain circumstances they can for obvious reasons though many are reluctant as the numbers of students making malicious allegations are on the rise. This is often career -ending even when the teacher has done nothing wrong.

Sounds like it's probably a school with autistic students or with hearing issues who struggle with loud noises and they are just trying to be inclusive.

One of our daughters freaked out at loud echoey spaces for a long time. She couldn't eat in the school dining hall for about 12 months because the noise made her anxious and couldn't go to any friends birthday parties.

The media are just having a slow news day.

Mrs x

My School banned Sports day for a year and held an activity day because a minority got upset over coming last.

People power brought it back and I think that was the sensible thing to do.

Nothing wrong with healthy competition once a year.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Maybe. Or maybe it was teaching children to consider others and be inclusive? I'm cynical about the media and reporting I'm afraid. The concept of mass PC issues being forced upon is,is usually only affecting us in the headlines as opposed to our actual lives.

PC is a verbal form of gentrification that fails to change the underlying issues it seeks to cover up. In other words, a plaster over a broken leg."

Political correctness is an empty right-wing smear designed to elevate only the user.

imo

What punishment do they give out to children who forget they are not allowed to clap?

PC is a verbal form of gentrification that fails to change the underlying issues it seeks to cover up. In other words, a plaster over a broken leg.

Political correctness is an empty right-wing smear designed to elevate only the user.

imo"

But what's your opinion of Catlyn Jenner?

"Sounds like it's probably a school with autistic students or with hearing issues who struggle with loud noises and they are just trying to be inclusive.

One of our daughters freaked out at loud echoey spaces for a long time. She couldn't eat in the school dining hall for about 12 months because the noise made her anxious and couldn't go to any friends birthday parties.

Mrs x"

It's not a special needs school. It's an ordinary school with one teacher who uses a hearing aid and finds clapping uncomfortable.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

"Sounds like it's probably a school with autistic students or with hearing issues who struggle with loud noises and they are just trying to be inclusive.

Mrs x

It's not a special needs school. It's an ordinary school with one teacher who uses a hearing aid and finds clapping uncomfortable. "

Ban all teachers!

Glastonbury

imo

But what's your opinion of Catlyn Jenner? "

I've just Googled her and I'm still non-the-wiser

imo

I've just Googled her and I'm still non-the-wiser"

Try searching "PC bro" into YouTube and all will be revealed. And try to keep up with current affairs in future, ok bro?

"Did they say why?

where do they keep this rare breed?"

Out back....

Glastonbury

imo

Try searching "PC bro" into YouTube and all will be revealed. And try to keep up with current affairs in future, ok bro? "

My cultural references tend to be a couple of millenia old. I don;t get it

imo

Try searching "PC bro" into YouTube and all will be revealed. And try to keep up with current affairs in future, ok bro?

My cultural references tend to be a couple of millenia old. I don;t get it"

Don't worry, Kanye West doesn't understand why people call him a gay fish

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

"Did they say why?

where do they keep this rare breed?

Out back....

"

Crikey

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Mrs x

It's not a special needs school. It's an ordinary school with one teacher who uses a hearing aid and finds clapping uncomfortable. "

Regardless of people imagining that new types of hearing aids are all singing and all dancing, all they effectively do is increase volume. Now deafness doesn't work like that. Sometimes it's tones which cannot be heard. Sometimes some tones when using an aid can be extremely painful. Clapping is a high tone.

There's nothing wrong with teaching the children that sometimes more able people should adapt their behaviour for the disabled. It's a positive lesson to learn about inclusion.

So the kids can't clap? Is that damaging them? No. But the person who is hearing impaired could be put in pain if they do. Isn't that the most important point?

"Crikey "

It's like educating pork isn't it bro

I spent a few years of my youth being taught in oz, I can't imagine them ever being so pc. I doubt it would actually filter down the the level of the classroom. Its just not a pc place, far to laid back for all that bull

Mrs x

It's not a special needs school. It's an ordinary school with one teacher who uses a hearing aid and finds clapping uncomfortable.

Regardless of people imagining that new types of hearing aids are all singing and all dancing, all they effectively do is increase volume. Now deafness doesn't work like that. Sometimes it's tones which cannot be heard. Sometimes some tones when using an aid can be extremely painful. Clapping is a high tone.

There's nothing wrong with teaching the children that sometimes more able people should adapt their behaviour for the disabled. It's a positive lesson to learn about inclusion.

So the kids can't clap? Is that damaging them? No. But the person who is hearing impaired could be put in pain if they do. Isn't that the most important point? "

The problem with being inclusive is.... It's just inclusive of what you think should be inclusive?.

If the students need to think about the teacher then surely the teacher needs to think about the students who wish to clap?.

Banning things is bad in its nature, I'd prefer the teacher to ask the students not to clap for xy and z reason and then the students to be considerate enough to oblige.... When you ban anything, your actually just enforcing your own will, it's just the steady slope to fascism

Mrs x

So the kids can't clap? Is that damaging them? No. But the person who is hearing impaired could be put in pain if they do. Isn't that the most important point? .

The problem with being inclusive is.... It's just inclusive of what you think should be inclusive?.

If the students need to think about the teacher then surely the teacher needs to think about the students who wish to clap?.

Banning things is bad in its nature, I'd prefer the teacher to ask the students not to clap for xy and z reason and then the students to be considerate enough to oblige.... When you ban anything, your actually just enforcing your own will, it's just the steady slope to fascism"

Exactly, I had to put up with some much bullshit at school. More teachers than not seem to have bad breath, plenty had BO, there was a big fat one who'd tell you off for chewing gum while she scoffed cake while we worked and I had a maths teacher who managed who managed to make algebra lessons into communist doctrine lessons.

It physically pained me to be around such cretins but I didn't get the school moulded around me.

Glastonbury

"Exactly, I had to put up with some much bullshit at school. More teachers than not seem to have bad breath, plenty had BO, there was a big fat one who'd tell you off for chewing gum while she scoffed cake while we worked and I had a maths teacher who managed who managed to make algebra lessons into communist doctrine lessons.

It physically pained me to be around such cretins but I didn't get the school moulded around me. "

But you're much better since the therapy?

Sea lions will just boycott Australia now.

"So one of the bbc news websites fluff pieces today is some Australian schools have banned clapping.

"Instead of clapping, the students are free to punch the air, pull excited faces and wriggle about on the spot""

I personally think it's a good thing. The clap can be highly contagious!

Well done to the school for taking preventative measures!

"Exactly, I had to put up with some much bullshit at school. More teachers than not seem to have bad breath, plenty had BO, there was a big fat one who'd tell you off for chewing gum while she scoffed cake while we worked and I had a maths teacher who managed who managed to make algebra lessons into communist doctrine lessons.

It physically pained me to be around such cretins but I didn't get the school moulded around me.

But you're much better since the therapy? "

Much better since I started earning double what all those teachers do. You probably know the school too! Fucking socialist brainwashing camp excuse for a baby sitting service.

If I were a teacher who felt uncomfortable when children clapped I'd wear some ear defenders during concerts,sports days or any other time that clapping is expected. Children are noisy,I would have gotten a job in a library.

We have finger-sized ear holes for a reason people

Glastonbury

Much better since I started earning double what all those teachers do. You probably know the school too! Fucking socialist brainwashing camp excuse for a baby sitting service. "

Is that something one your shoulder...?

My mistake...

Thought it was a chip

Much better since I started earning double what all those teachers do. You probably know the school too! Fucking socialist brainwashing camp excuse for a baby sitting service.

My mistake...

Thought it was a chip

"

Nothing wrong with a bit of 'fuck you' spirit to motivate ones self

Glastonbury

My mistake...

Thought it was a chip

Nothing wrong with a bit of 'fuck you' spirit to motivate ones self "

True. But mine wasn't directed at a 'socialist' system, just the shitty hand life dealt me

My mistake...

Thought it was a chip

True. But mine wasn't directed at a 'socialist' system, just the shitty hand life dealt me"

Guess you went to Millfield then

Glastonbury

My mistake...

Thought it was a chip

True. But mine wasn't directed at a 'socialist' system, just the shitty hand life dealt me

Guess you went to Millfield then "

Fucking did not!

I've been to fee-paying grammar schools and inner city schools, as well as small town secondaries. I didn't complete a single school as my parents moved around so much.

I got over it.

By *uerido55Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"We have finger-sized ear holes for a reason people "

I thought we only had ear-hole sized fingers; ya lern sumfink evry day!!

My mistake...

Thought it was a chip

Fucking did not!

I've been to fee-paying grammar schools and inner city schools, as well as small town secondaries. I didn't complete a single school as my parents moved around so much.

I got over it. "

You've had more time to get over it than me

My mistake...

Thought it was a chip

Fucking did not!

I got over it.

You've had more time to get over it than me"

I thought you were much older than him

My mistake...

Thought it was a chip

Fucking did not!

I got over it.

I thought you were much older than him "

He's 7 years older than me!!!

"What punishment do they give out to children who forget they are not allowed to clap?"

They get six of the best of course.....they forgot to ban this!

Like many others here, I suspect this is a special case.......of media exaggeration.

The press never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Glastonbury

My mistake...

Thought it was a chip

Fucking did not!

I got over it.

I thought you were much older than him

He's 7 years older than me!!! "

But much better preserved

» Add a new message to this topic