FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Grief

Grief

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My lovey dad died suddenly 2 weeks ago and I'm finding it hard to comes to terms with ,I cannot cry and feel anger towards the On call Doctor who came out and gave my dad gaviscon for heart pain ,I even quit my job today .....anybody else felt or been like this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol.

So sorry to hear that you have lost yr dad...You sound heartbroken. .keep talking about how you feel..It may help talking to a stranger..Ring the samaritans on 08457 90 90 90.

There is no right way to deal with it,a huge loss has left a painful hole..Sending you a big hug..Ax

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Sorry for your loss but why quit your job.

Speak to a professional

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

You don't have to cry and anger is one of the stages of grief. I lost my mother 4.5 years ago and still miss her every day. We just learn to cope with the loss. My work was my saviour as I was alone at home and no local family so going to work was a distraction and meant I had to talk about other things rather than my feelings. We all cope differently, but see your doctor for grievance counselling or you can call Cruise and they will help you. Don't feel you can't talk x

By *he girl with dreadlocksWoman  over a year ago

need to know basis in Wolverhampton

I can't even begin to understand how you feel, I'm so sorry for you lose.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I quit my job Becouse I was being called 24/7 they new I was upset about my dad but kept ringing me I was under to much pressure somthing had to give

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My lovey dad died suddenly 2 weeks ago and I'm finding it hard to comes to terms with ,I cannot cry and feel anger towards the On call Doctor who came out and gave my dad gaviscon for heart pain ,I even quit my job today .....anybody else felt or been like this "

There's no easy way , my dad died of cancer and it was diagnosed too late .

I think you should look into why your dad was just given gaviscon tho ?

If it's neglect as it sounds you should when you feel able follow this up ?

All the best x Jay x

"Sorry for your loss but why quit your job.

Speak to a professional "

This ... Lost my mum 18 months ago and of course I was sad , but quitting my job never crossed my mind .

Get some help

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my father a few years ago and it was one of the hardest things I've ever gone through. Everyone has their own ways of dealing with grief, but try not to let it consume you. Speak to friends and family, and if you can't do that then there are professionals who can help you.

My thoughts are with you. Things get better with time.

You definately need to speak to someone.

Please don't delay.

Anger (and I suspect a burden of personal guilt) will eat you up otherwise.

You deserve better.

Your Dad deserves better.

I hope you find an outlet soon x

Sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad it is so hard when you lose someone so close to you, words don't help and only time will allow you to grieve as you need to, the emotion will come out but when and how only you will know when it happens.

Hope you can get through these very difficult times

"My lovey dad died suddenly 2 weeks ago and I'm finding it hard to comes to terms with ,I cannot cry and feel anger towards the On call Doctor who came out and gave my dad gaviscon for heart pain ,I even quit my job today .....anybody else felt or been like this "

yes I know how you feel lovely and my heart goes out to you, big hugs. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I lost my Dad 10 years ago suddenly as he had a massive stroke. It's not easy just take a day at a time. I still miss him.

As others have suggested speak to a counsellor.

Go to your GP if you can't cope. Take care.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Sorry for your loss.

We all deal with greif in our own way and time.

I am only just coming to terms with the loss of mine and Dicks mum's all within 6 months of each other and both suddenly.

Go and talk to a professional

Hope you feel more like yourself soon x

By *ildt123Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Their isn't a standard formula for how you should feel or behave. Yes there are commonalities but it's not a rule. You don't have to cry, anger is very common, finding someone to blame is a mental mechanism it will pass. Take your time and don't over think how you are supposed to feel. Talk to friends if you can, if not as already suggested there is help out there. Take care xx

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It was a huge blow to me when my dad suddenly died. I can understand how your life's in turmoil and how hard it must be. There isn't a one right way to feel or express yourself but I'd encourage you to be supported by others as much as possible. Even if it's just having others show their care, maybe talking so that you're potentially able to deal with this in some small bits.

And I understand that you're an adult but I'm concerned that you've quit your job and what this may mean. If you have a HR department then they may be supportive, if you potentially would benefit from that stability - albeit with leave.

Lots of people here are loving and caring and will offer what they can.

Hope that things get a little easier for you in the near future.

My dad was an alky he sadly died through alchohol......i have no words

My Dad brought me and 2 sisters and 3 brothers up on his own . He was 44 when my mum walked out . The oldest was 13 the youngest 6 months . He was a very very special man . It hurt so much when he died but it does get easier. And you are just left with fantastic memories xx

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

See your GP for advice as the immediacy of the grief is difficult for everyone. Wishing you well and trust that in time you will be yourself again.

By *a petite madameWoman  over a year ago

London / Essex

I feel your pain. Mine died suddenly last week and I feel my world has been turned upside down. It's a tough time.

Loss like that is a very hard emotion to come to terms with and everyone deals with heartbreak differently I found that once I started talking and saying how I felt it hit me and allowed me to process it.

It's hard because you need your friends around you to support you but most of the time you find it hard to be around friends.

Sorry for your loss

Sorry for your loss and people handle grief in all kinds of ways, so don't be shocked when the tears come at an impromptu moment X don't hold them back give yourself a good cry and sob anybody who you are with will understand. Try remember the good times you had together X

» Add a new message to this topic