FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Reporting to admin

Reporting to admin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I report quite alot of things to admin but I never get any feedback. Do you fabsters think admin should give you feedback on your reports.

Reasons why the fake person is still on here etc etc or the person that sent you an abusive message is still on here. What admins conclusion was? I feel it would be good.

Thoughts???

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *iggers4uCouple  over a year ago

Over down by There

I've heard that they are just about to move their admin department from Tripoli....

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I dont believe they have the time to respond to all they receive.

They take the action tho.. and that's the main thing.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It would be a pointless episode in my opinion.

If they write to tell you they have banned the profile either because it was fake or abusive, there is nothing stopping another profile being opened by the same person.

No becaue if they sat each and every day responding to peoples reports, then messsaging everyone to tell them what they've done, they'd have no time to do other things - like run the site.

Furthermore, would you like Admin to discuss with every Tom Dick and Harry any action which they may have taken against you or your account ?

Thought not - neither would I, hence the reason they don't do it

No. I don't think that it is a good idea for them to respond to every message.

This site is free. If someone is going to spend time replying to the mountain of messages that are legitimate grievances and also the mountain of mail from disgruntled , unreasonable malcontents then we should be prepared to pay a pretty penny for it.

I don't care whether they tut at miscreants , slap their wrists , taser or maim with a flamethrower.

I only want one outcome. That I don't hear from the accused again.

Seems to work.

Don't change it.

Besides.......there's loads of lonely nutters out there who would just like the dialogue with admin.....

you know the type .... complains a lot and gets a hard on when their self righteous streak is stoked by some petty revenge...

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"No. I don't think that it is a good idea for them to respond to every message.

This site is free. If someone is going to spend time replying to the mountain of messages that are legitimate grievances and also the mountain of mail from disgruntled , unreasonable malcontents then we should be prepared to pay a pretty penny for it.

I don't care whether they tut at miscreants , slap their wrists , taser or maim with a flamethrower.

Seems to work.

Don't change it.

Besides.......there's loads of lonely nutters out there who would just like the dialogue with admin.....

you know the type .... complains a lot and gets a hard on when their self righteous streak is stoked by some petty revenge... "

well said Granny xx

If I'd reported someone for say a homophobic message and the person was still on here I'd like a reason why from admin surely some reports are a bit more serious and need to be handed in that matter

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"If I'd reported someone for say a homophobic message and the person was still on here I'd like a reason why from admin surely some reports are a bit more serious and need to be handed in that matter "

Yes, but you don't get to choose which reports.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Seems to work.

Don't change it.

you know the type .... complains a lot and gets a hard on when their self righteous streak is stoked by some petty revenge... "

Indeed

Never reported anyone and we've never felt the need either. We feel some take some comments as abuse and will report anything. Sorry but we really can't be bothered unless someone was over the top. We are here to swing make friends and have fun not run to teacher each time someone upsets us or blocks us this isn't the playground.

Cecilia x

"If I'd reported someone for say a homophobic message and the person was still on here I'd like a reason why from admin surely some reports are a bit more serious and need to be handed in that matter "

So who decides what is 'serious' and what isn't and where do we draw the line ?

Edinburgh

"If I'd reported someone for say a homophobic message and the person was still on here I'd like a reason why from admin surely some reports are a bit more serious and need to be handed in that matter

So who decides what is 'serious' and what isn't and where do we draw the line ?"

Admin, admin and erm, admin.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 24/02/11 19:31:21]

I guess persistant offenders should be looked at.

Stalkers with hatchets.....

Racist and Homophobic comments....

Problem is ..... some people engage in argument then don't like the responses they get..... so they run to admin to try to get the last word.

maybe Admin will mail ? Tell us how it is?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think the problem could be if they reported back for every report is.....it would end up in more dialogue when people don't agree with what they have done.

EG...profile A calls profile B a turd...profile B thinks thats offensive and wants profile A chucked off the site...so argues the toss when Admin say they can stay.

Nah, I would say it could end up a mountain of mails.

But something which I consider to be serious might not have the same gravity with Admin and vice versa.

The OP has still not said whether he would be happy to have Admin discuss, with another member or members, the ins and out of any action taken against him and the reasons behind it ...

Best left as it is. Following a report, Admin will take whatever action they feel appropriate if any at all and there is no benefit to any of us in knowing what that action was.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Pasted below is what Admin say they do with reports.

*****Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is re_iewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly re_iew your feedback and take the necessary action. After re_iewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you. *****

Anything I have reported has always been dealt with eventually.

I feel sorry for admin... I am sure they must have to deal with quite a lot of tit for tat where someone eventually throws a wobbly and hits the report button (probably because the other person is better at throwing insults). I can understand why they wouldn't want to reply and get involved, never mind have the time to.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I've only complained once, and within hours the profile was no longer there, I did say in my complaint to admin that they can make their own mind up about the message.....but it was friends on here that told me to report it in the first place as sometimes your not sure what would be offensive to others and is not just you! (if that makes sense??)

Yes I would be happy for admin to discuss with other members the in and outs of it

"Never reported anyone and we've never felt the need either. We feel some take some comments as abuse and will report anything. Sorry but we really can't be bothered unless someone was over the top. We are here to swing make friends and have fun not run to teacher each time someone upsets us or blocks us this isn't the playground.

Cecilia x"

You will soon report something not everything is all roses and fluffy kittens on here

"Yes I would be happy for admin to discuss with other members the in and outs of it"

That's cool, maybe they'll make an exception and gossip about you at every opportunity

"

not everything is all roses and fluffy kittens on here "

it can be

Edinburgh

"

not everything is all roses and fluffy kittens on here

it can be "

Roses and Fluffy kittens?

Sick perverts, the lot of you.

"Yes I would be happy for admin to discuss with other members the in and outs of it

That's cool, maybe they'll make an exception and gossip about you at every opportunity "

Very happy for them to

I would piss myself laughing if admin came on and posted a great big list

"

not everything is all roses and fluffy kittens on here

it can be "

We treat people how we like to be treated. We find if your nasty they will be nasty back. We are happy people and intend to stay that way. No we don't think fab is all sweetness and light but what we have seen so far it's been great.

Cecilia x

I got blatantly attacked on here last night. i just ignored it.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 24/02/11 19:53:48]

"I got blatantly attacked on here last night. i just ignored it. "

It's easier to shrug your shoulders and get on with it, well that's our motto anyway x

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I got blatantly attacked on here last night. i just ignored it.

It's easier to shrug your shoulders and get on with it, well that's our motto anyway x"

hear hear x

As others have said, the couple of times I've reported issues, it's been dealt with. I trust admin to deal with it appropriately, however they feel that to be.

They'd have to make it a full time job if they were to reply to everyone and then it wouldn't be free!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Youve been on here 4 weeks and you have already reported lots of things to admin!!!!!!!!!!! Three and a half years ive been on here and i havent reported one thing to admin.

By *arahPCouple  over a year ago

Banbridge

"I report quite alot of things to admin but I never get any feedback"

4 weeks on the site and you feel the need to report quite alot of things? We have never had concern to complain about anyone or anything in nearly 2 years.

Just a thought, but maybe the problem may be a little closer to home?

Yes I have remember your not a tv so you don't get the same messages I do.

Another thing I know the mods don't get paid but I bet admin do so yes it should be a full time job to sort out problems

"As others have said, the couple of times I've reported issues, it's been dealt with. I trust admin to deal with it appropriately, however they feel that to be.

They'd have to make it a full time job if they were to reply to everyone and then it wouldn't be free!"

do you think Adim have there favorites? like if thay are friends with mods or people who help run site thay are the people who get help or are we all the same here ....... no one better them a other if in need of help ??

So what if I have to report things to admin your a transvestite, no! You don't get the messages I do so I'm in my right to report and it's my right to get feedback

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Yes I have remember your not a tv so you don't get the same messages I do.

"

I doubt it is because you are a TV, on the whole this site is very welcoming to all sexualities.

It may be the style/content of some of your postings.

"So what if I have to report things to admin your a transvestite, no! You don't get the messages I do so I'm in my right to report and it's my right to get feedback"

Your right to report something maybe. Your right to get feedback, no.

"So what if I have to report things to admin your a transvestite, no! You don't get the messages I do so I'm in my right to report and it's my right to get feedback"

It's not your right to get feedback. Admin say you won't get feedback.

I doubt it is because you are a TV, on the whole this site is very welcoming to all sexualities.

It may be the style/content of some of your postings.

"

I agree

So I get abuse because of the forums

ha ha I wish it was that

What they said.

"So what if I have to report things to admin your a transvestite, no! You don't get the messages I do so I'm in my right to report and it's my right to get feedback

It's not your right to get feedback. Admin say you won't get feedback."

Then admin need to change it just a thought especially for those that pay to be a site supporter

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"As others have said, the couple of times I've reported issues, it's been dealt with. I trust admin to deal with it appropriately, however they feel that to be.

They'd have to make it a full time job if they were to reply to everyone and then it wouldn't be free! do you think Adim have there favorites? like if thay are friends with mods or people who help run site thay are the people who get help or are we all the same here ....... no one better them a other if in need of help ??"

I think Admin would take that as a big insult myself.

I don't it's a great point

" Then admin need to change it just a thought especially for those that pay to be a site supporter "

Still have to say I disagree with that. From what they say, it's not a full time job for them - hence why it sometimes takes them a while to get back to people.

It's your right to report, but still think it takes enough time for them to investigate without getting in to a conversation with the initiator about it.

"So what if I have to report things to admin your a transvestite, no! You don't get the messages I do so I'm in my right to report and it's my right to get feedback

Then admin need to change it just a thought especially for those that pay to be a site supporter "

They don't need to change anything... it's their site not yours.

You will find a lot of sites won't tell you what they have or haven't done if you report something.

Then admin need to change it just a thought especially for those that pay to be a site supporter "

It says in the rules that admin wont give feedback, you chose to join the site/stay on the site knowing that.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I don't it's a great point "

Was that in reply to mine?

They'd have to make it a full time job if they were to reply to everyone and then it wouldn't be free! do you think Adim have there favorites? like if thay are friends with mods or people who help run site thay are the people who get help or are we all the same here ....... no one better them a other if in need of help ??

I think Admin would take that as a big insult myself. "

why i am asking is it same for all , no one get better looked after then others ? we are all the same here . Like to think its same for everyone .... on this site ..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

They'd have to make it a full time job if they were to reply to everyone and then it wouldn't be free! do you think Adim have there favorites? like if thay are friends with mods or people who help run site thay are the people who get help or are we all the same here ....... no one better them a other if in need of help ??

I think Admin would take that as a big insult myself. why i am asking is it same for all , no one get better looked after then others ? we are all the same here . Like to think its same for everyone .... on this site .."

And why I said what I did.

Just to clarify...forum mods/ chat mods and pic mods don't do Admin.....Admin do it themselves.

" why i am asking is it same for all , no one get better looked after then others ? we are all the same here . Like to think its same for everyone .... on this site .."

I have no reason to believe it isn't a fair system... and I am mates with none of them.

Have you actually checked how many people are on this site or how many people log on to the site every day?

Another thing I know the mods don't get paid but I bet admin do so yes it should be a full time job to sort out problems "

And they do sort out the problems - maybe not the way YOU wouild want them sorted, but as it's their site, it's up to them not you ....

I think Admin would take that as a big insult myself. why i am asking is it same for all , no one get better looked after then others ? we are all the same here . Like to think its same for everyone .... on this site ..

And why I said what I did.

Just to clarify...forum mods/ chat mods and pic mods don't do Admin.....Admin do it themselves."

well its nice to know that .. you mods could not cope as have things here to sort so yes i under stand that now thankyou x

Another thing I know the mods don't get paid but I bet admin do so yes it should be a full time job to sort out problems

And they do sort out the problems - maybe not the way YOU wouild want them sorted, but as it's their site, it's up to them not you ...."

I know it's their site but they need to listen to the users on here too

And they do sort out the problems - maybe not the way YOU wouild want them sorted, but as it's their site, it's up to them not you ....

I know it's their site but they need to listen to the users on here too "

They don't NEED to do anything other than what they agreed to do in the T&C when you joined the site ....

Banbridge

"I know it's their site but they need to listen to the users on here too "

At the moment its looking as though 100% of the "users" on this topic disagree with you....

"I know it's their site but they need to listen to the users on here too

At the moment its looking as though 100% of the "users" on this topic disagree with you...."

I think he meant to say, " I know it's their site, but the need to listen to ME"

Some people feel they can give abuse to others on these forums but can't take it when it's focused on them.

The same people think because they add their bit to others posts they are above the admin team.

Admin on here deal with complaints asap in our opinion & we have reported 2 people so far & been very happy with the response.

The forums are meant to be for chat & to discuss issues amongst people not to moan!!

At the moment its looking as though 100% of the "users" on this topic disagree with you...."

Don't care what other users on this post think I've had plenty message me saying they agree, so yes there may only be a few of us that disagree but it mounts up

I find it quite sad that anyone finds the need to report 'quite a lot' may be they need to take a look at themselves.

Anyway, surely we all have the ability to block!

"I report quite alot of things to admin but I never get any feedback. Do you fabsters think admin should give you feedback on your reports.

Reasons why the fake person is still on here etc etc or the person that sent you an abusive message is still on here. What admins conclusion was? I feel it would be good.

Thoughts???"

Maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive.

I've been here four years and rarely reported anyone. Do you grind axes for a living?

Oh I block too and reporting needs to be done at times

No I don't grind axes for a living but maybe my next career move

Banbridge

"Don't care what other users on this post think I've had plenty message me saying they agree, so yes there may only be a few of us that disagree but it mounts up"

No point in asking a question on a forum and then not caring about the answer, because everyone disagreed with you

Plenty message you and only a few disagree??

"No I don't grind axes for a living but maybe my next career move"

With those nails? I think you may want to rethink.

At the moment its looking as though 100% of the "users" on this topic disagree with you....

Don't care what other users on this post think I've had plenty message me saying they agree, ..."

They obviously don't agree strongly enough to post then.

Don't care what other users on this post think I've had plenty message me saying they agree, so yes there may only be a few of us that disagree but it mounts up"

So you don't care what other people think about a subject you asked them to think about.

Weird.

Are you Egyptian... ie.. are you in denial?

"No I don't grind axes for a living but maybe my next career move

With those nails? I think you may want to rethink. "

They are falses easy to come off

Banbridge

"They obviously don't agree strongly enough to post then."

Theres always the option of reporting them for not showing support?

Don't care what other users on this post think I've had plenty message me saying they agree, so yes there may only be a few of us that disagree but it mounts up"

So only those who don't agree post on here then ? 'All those in favour' must be shy eh ?

And you don't care either about what anyone thinks - about a thread which you started and sought opinions. Now that isn't a very nice way to treat people just because they don't agree with you ......

Yes I do care wishy I know that 99% disagree with me on this subject and I am the only was that agrees. But it was a subject I wanted to bring up and ask

"They obviously don't agree strongly enough to post then.

Theres always the option of reporting them for not showing support?"

Now that's childish

"Yes I do care wishy I know that 99% disagree with me on this subject and I am the only was that agrees. But it was a subject I wanted to bring up and ask"

So you have your wish then.... admin listening to the users and not changing it.

Yes I do care that's the reason I posted it I asked opinions and I gave mine.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Seems to work.

Don't change it.

totally agree with granny,i may need a lie down!

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

i have onlt felt the need to report one person 1. they looked well under 16 and 2. there profile said it all

As for fed back i dont feel anyone has the right to demand anything from admin as it is a FREE site after all

"Yes I do care wishy I know that 99% disagree with me on this subject and I am the only was that agrees. But it was a subject I wanted to bring up and ask

So you have your wish then.... admin listening to the users and not changing it."

But is admin listening that's the answer

"Yes I do care that's the reason I posted it I asked opinions and I gave mine. "

So now you do care - is that a U Turn I spy (Not not part of camerons Government by any chance ?)

Banbridge

"They obviously don't agree strongly enough to post then.

Theres always the option of reporting them for not showing support?

Now that's childish"

No, thats comedy. Pretty much like this topic.

"i have onlt felt the need to report one person 1. they looked well under 16 and 2. there profile said it all

As for fed back i dont feel anyone has the right to demand anything from admin as it is a FREE site after all "

It's not free some pay £5 £10 to be a site supporter that's not free is it?

"Yes I do care that's the reason I posted it I asked opinions and I gave mine.

So now you do care - is that a U Turn I spy (Not not part of camerons Government by any chance ?) "

Nah I don't do politics only politians

"Yes I do care wishy I know that 99% disagree with me on this subject and I am the only was that agrees. But it was a subject I wanted to bring up and ask

So you have your wish then.... admin listening to the users and not changing it.

But is admin listening that's the answer "

There's one way to see if they are....

If tomorrow they haven't changed their policy on giving feedback regarding reported issues... then they have listened to the majority.

"i have onlt felt the need to report one person 1. they looked well under 16 and 2. there profile said it all

As for fed back i dont feel anyone has the right to demand anything from admin as it is a FREE site after all

It's not free some pay £5 £10 to be a site supporter that's not free is it?"

But they don't HAVE to pay - it's a conribution to the site for which you get additional benefits, but so far as I understand, paying you 5 or 10 quid doesn't give you the right to demand anything other than what you have paid form which is also made clear before you pay your money ...

Banbridge

Id report this to admin. You were forced to pay £5 or £10....

no but it is optional..and feedback wasn't in the deal

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You pay that knowing you won't get feedback when you report.

I am sure there must be sites out there that will mail you everytime you report someone but this isn't one of them like Admin say.

I am sure if they change what they are doing they will let people know.

[Removed by poster at 24/02/11 20:45:21]

Do you get kicked off if you don't pay? No

Do you get kicked out of chat if you don't pay? No

Can you still use the forum if you don't pay? Yes

It's a FREE site.

"Yes I do care wishy I know that 99% disagree with me on this subject and I am the only was that agrees. But it was a subject I wanted to bring up and ask"

No, you don't care. You said so yourself:

"

But rugby can't users made suggestions to admin?

By *DD1EMan  over a year ago

sea

An automated email response would be good, when admin click on your email. it automatically sends a response saying than you for your email we are looking into the matter that you have rised with us.

This way at least you know they have received it and have quite possibly read your mail.

By *hi-John69Man  over a year ago

chichester

the basic site is free, you choose to pay a subscription for the extras, but the same T&C apply whether free or subscribed, if you're getting a lot of abuse and your reporting it, it will be dealt with, if you're not happy with the outcome there's not a lot that can be done about it, sorry.

"But rugby can't users made suggestions to admin? "

You can - it's on the feedback thread

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

most reports to admin about a spat between 2 users will normally have 2 sides raised...

and we all know, there is usually 3 sides... Mr A's & Mr B's and then the truth somewhere in the middle.

"An automated email response would be good, when admin click on your email. it automatically sends a response saying than you for your email we are looking into the matter that you have rised with us.

This way at least you know they have received it and have quite possibly read your mail."

You already get that, as soon as you submit your report

"An automated email response would be good, when admin click on your email. it automatically sends a response saying than you for your email we are looking into the matter that you have rised with us.

This way at least you know they have received it and have quite possibly read your mail."

Smashing idea

Why would anyone want to know what happened apart to gloat that is. We have reported a few people and quite happy for admin to look into it and make their decision in private.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"But rugby can't users made suggestions to admin? "

Yes, put your suggestion in the feedback section.

I really don't know why you twist anything that anyone says all the time.....but in none of my posts did I suggest you couldn't.

In the time I've been here I think I've reported two people for insulting male and a couple of nasty forum posts. The problems were dealt with.

If I had to report on a daily basis I'd have to ask myself what I was doing wrong. It's easy and convenient to cry "homophobic" but there are other bi, gay, tvs and none complain.

I personally would rather admin dealt with the person/persons I report rather than take the time to reply to me telling me how they dealt with it...not sure how big the admin dept is but I have reported messages of abuse and have had action taken very quickly, I have also reported others and still see them on here....so for some reason admin have not acted in what I would say was my favour, they obviously have their reasons!....me however, I act, I simply block the abusive folk and very quickly forget them....works for me.

This way at least you know they have received it and have quite possibly read your mail.

Smashing idea"

But that wouldn't achieve what you want would it ? You want to know the nitty gritty and an auto response would come nowhere near to your expectations, besides which, as you must alreday be aware given that you have made lots of reports alreday, there is an auto response when you sumbit the report which tells you that it will be looked into.

So whats the difference between an auto message which states that it WILL be looked into and a one which says it IS BEING looked into .. ?

No difference, they are still auto responses and none of them give the information which you are looking for

"But rugby can't users made suggestions to admin?

Yes, put your suggestion in the feedback section.

I really don't know why you twist anything that anyone says all the time.....but in none of my posts did I suggest you couldn't."

How was that twisting I didn't know you could suggest things to admin that's why I asked

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Go to the feedback section.....it is self explanatry what it is for.

Will shut this once you put it in there and will paste this thread in.

"Why would anyone want to know what happened apart to gloat that is. We have reported a few people and quite happy for admin to look into it and make their decision in private. "

You have a life and don't feel the need to get bogged down in the minutiae on a swinging site!