FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > PUA is it a bad thing?

PUA is it a bad thing?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Pick up artists, we've all seen them in action, are they self centred douch bags, or are they just guys who use psychology to their own advantage, is it exploitation, or guys who are just using another tool in a modern world, where you have to stand out.

Your thoughts please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Yes, generally a bad thing. The tactics aren't just psychology, they are abuse.

The guys teaching these seminars don't get visas revoked or denied for no reason.

Their philosophy and methods are vile.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Isnt it what guys have always done? Isnt it just chatting someone up. Surely if your out on a night out male or female then you use your given tools how else would you get to meet people

Oh hang on id better google it properly first

"Isnt it what guys have always done? Isnt it just chatting someone up. Surely if your out on a night out male or female then you use your given tools how else would you get to meet people"

No, it's not. These are guys who use and teach "game", which are manipulative techniques designed to pull women by targeting their esteem and self-worth.

Some of them - a lot of them - are not very nice. They go as far as to advocate violence.

One well known guy campaigns for the legalisation of rape in private properties.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't believe it really works. Yes I've seen the documentaries but the type of girls they 'picked up' were... well... to put it nicely... not ones I'd introduce to my mother.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julien_Blanc

Right ive just been on a site, browsed the forum and read a couple of threads all i can see is guys being taught to be assertive and not shy around women. I guess there will be extreme cases like everything but it all looks fine to me

Google for Owen Cook (a.k.a. Tyler Durden), Julien Blanc and the company Real Social Dynamics if you want to know more. There are lots of articles and reports.

These guys have been refused entry to and ejected from quite a few countries due to the content of their seminars.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/19/julien-blanc-barred-entering-uk-pick-up-artist

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2835758/Use-coercion-threats-intimidation-emotional-abuse-American-dating-guru-posts-shocking-checklist-picking-women-pressure-mounts-ministers-ban-Britain.html

I know one and to be honest the way he manipulates women is pretty vile

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/julien-blanc-is-a-racist-sexual-predator-teaching-men-to-prey-on-women-like-me-he-must-be-stopped-9843939.html

most are clued up on it now

women included

Like that Roosh V guy that wanted to make rape legal? It's kinda obvious they're bad people

and what they teach isnt gonna turn every guy that attends these seminars into a pussy magnet

all it really does is improve your chances of pulling

"and what they teach isnt gonna turn every guy that attends these seminars into a pussy magnet

all it really does is improve your chances of pulling"

Pulling what though?

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Not nice

"Like that Roosh V guy that wanted to make rape legal? It's kinda obvious they're bad people "

Yep, like him.

He's written some truly dreadful blog posts. One blames women for making him behave in an unpleasant way towards them by refusing to have sex with him when he was nice.

He felt so entitled to sex with the women he fancied, when asking nicely didn't work, he starting using manipulation and abuse, and advocating using force, to get what he felt he was owed. And he blames women for not putting out when he pretended to be nice in the hope of getting laid.

I've never heard of the extreme ends of it that have been.mentioned, and when put the way it has been, it dies sound pretty vile, but would you say that there is a place for men learning psychological tools, to get ahead in the dating world, is that acceptable, how would you feel for example if you had been in a meet, had a good time, and then found out that the person you had met, used psychological tricks when chatting to you? If say nothing bad happened, obviously.

I've always been interested in the way psychology plays its part in sex and dating, and determines success or failure with the opposite sex (or same sex if you're that way inclined)

"and what they teach isnt gonna turn every guy that attends these seminars into a pussy magnet

Pulling what though? "

women

most of the demos are set in clubs with alcohol involved

most get by in those kinda environments without the need for this stuff

Pulling what though?

women

most of the demos are set in clubs with alcohol involved

most get by in those kinda environments without the need for this stuff"

It 'works' on a certain type of woman... not the type I'd want to pull in the first place

"I've never heard of the extreme ends of it that have been.mentioned, and when put the way it has been, it dies sound pretty vile, but would you say that there is a place for men learning psychological tools, to get ahead in the dating world, is that acceptable, how would you feel for example if you had been in a meet, had a good time, and then found out that the person you had met, used psychological tricks when chatting to you? If say nothing bad happened, obviously.

I've always been interested in the way psychology plays its part in sex and dating, and determines success or failure with the opposite sex (or same sex if you're that way inclined) "

We all use tools to an extent though. They just come more naturally to some and some learn them earlier or more easily than others.

Flirting is basically a collection of psychological tools.

There's nothing wrong with learning how to read, and use, body language, for example.

"Like that Roosh V guy that wanted to make rape legal? It's kinda obvious they're bad people

Yep, like him.

He's written some truly dreadful blog posts. One blames women for making him behave in an unpleasant way towards them by refusing to have sex with him when he was nice.

He felt so entitled to sex with the women he fancied, when asking nicely didn't work, he starting using manipulation and abuse, and advocating using force, to get what he felt he was owed. And he blames women for not putting out when he pretended to be nice in the hope of getting laid."

Vile stuff, and not something anyone of a sound mind would agree with I'm sure.

"Like that Roosh V guy that wanted to make rape legal? It's kinda obvious they're bad people

Yep, like him.

He felt so entitled to sex with the women he fancied, when asking nicely didn't work, he starting using manipulation and abuse, and advocating using force, to get what he felt he was owed. And he blames women for not putting out when he pretended to be nice in the hope of getting laid.

Vile stuff, and not something anyone of a sound mind would agree with I'm sure."

In other words, he was attracted to women with poor taste to start with. They rejected him, so rather than do the sensible thing and find girls that are attracted to him, he learnt how to manipulate women with poor taste.

Not the choice I would have made...

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I have certainly said things that I knew the person wanted to hear to get a shag...

I am a very bad person

Yep, like him.

In other words, he was attracted to women with poor taste to start with. They rejected him, so rather than do the sensible thing and find girls that are attracted to him, he learnt how to manipulate women with poor taste.

Not the choice I would have made... "

He was attracted to women who didn't fancy him. Given what he did when he didn't get what he wanted, I would say they were eminently sensible to want nothing to do with him. I wouldn't say it was poor taste at all.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roosh_V

Yep, like him.

He was attracted to women who didn't fancy him. Given what he did when he didn't get what he wanted, I would say they were eminently sensible to want nothing to do with him. I wouldn't say it was poor taste at all."

I've no idea, there was an implication he was "a nice guy" before and there are certainly women who don't like "nice guys".

It's just people abusing the insecurities of another of the opposite sex.

It's not anything new, just a crappy thing to do.

The whole thing makes me cringe. If someone doesn't like you, they don't like you. There are plenty of others that do

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/07/daryush-roosh-v-valizadeh-and-his-acolytes-pilloried

"It's just people abusing the insecurities of another of the opposite sex.

It's not anything new, just a crappy thing to do."

I'm going to stick my neck out here, and hope no one loses their head.

But don't you think there's a lot if this on.fab?

I've seen a lot of posts lately, where people have sent messages saying your gorgeous, without seeing a pic (or at least clear pic) isn't this just someone thinking "if I butter her up a bit I'm in there"

"http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/07/daryush-roosh-v-valizadeh-and-his-acolytes-pilloried"

Never heard of the guy. His techniques must be awesome because I can't imagine the women I know sleeping with him. Ever.

Yep, like him.

He was attracted to women who didn't fancy him. Given what he did when he didn't get what he wanted, I would say they were eminently sensible to want nothing to do with him. I wouldn't say it was poor taste at all.

I've no idea, there was an implication he was "a nice guy" before and there are certainly women who don't like "nice guys". "

I doubt it.

From reading some of his writing I think he was "nice" to try to get laid and women saw through it.

I don't think a genuinely nice guy would have become what he did just because some women said no to him.

Some guys on here become bitter and nasty when they don't get what they want but it seems to be a small minority, thankfully. There has to be an underlying attitude problem, I think, and that is probably a significant part of the lack of success. Women tend to be fairly aware of who is genuinely nice and who is just trying to get into our knickers.

If you read up on Roosh, (not that I recommend it, he's vile), you'll see he advocates targeting vulnerable women. As an example, his writing includes a piece on how to get sex from women with eating disorders, by using that against them.

Nice guys don't become that sort of revolting.

I've seen a lot of posts lately, where people have sent messages saying your gorgeous, without seeing a pic (or at least clear pic) isn't this just someone thinking "if I butter her up a bit I'm in there""

Yes, guys tell us what they think we want to hear all the time. Every woman is a gorgeous, stunning creature to the men who want to shag her and think she might let them.

We know this.

It's not really a PUA technique though. It's what Roosh used to do, before he got frustrated women saw through it and it didn't work.

A PUA would look for weaknesses to exploit with nastiness. He aims to break down a woman's self-esteem.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

there is exploitation of weaknesses, stripping back people's self esteem/self worth for gain here, there and everywhere...

both sexes.

"

If you read up on Roosh, (not that I recommend it, he's vile), you'll see he advocates targeting vulnerable women. As an example, his writing includes a piece on how to get sex from women with eating disorders, by using that against them.

Nice guys don't become that sort of revolting."

I was going to Google him later, but I better not, ill just end up finding ways to send him abusive messages.

I've seen a lot of posts lately, where people have sent messages saying your gorgeous, without seeing a pic (or at least clear pic) isn't this just someone thinking "if I butter her up a bit I'm in there""

» Add a new message to this topic