FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bedroom pleasures

Bedroom pleasures

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *razykayakers OP   Couple  over a year ago

Durham

Hello

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of dealing with the website Bedroom pleasures (aka Sex toys.tv) We ordered from them beginning of October 2010. By end of October we were told them item wasnt in stock, so I asked for a refund. Several unanswered emails later about when I would be refunded, with 1 reply confirming the accounts department were aware and refunding me I rang them beginning of Jan at which I was told, very sorry we were process it. Still no refund. Customer services are only open Mon-Fri 9-5 hence going to call again 2moro as I am off work (not a call I fancy making at work).

How do I proceed from here as clearly my time isnt actually worth the amount refunded (7 pounds) but its the principle since the item was never available in the first place

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Have a look on consumer direct.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's four and a half months.

One last letter , politely stating refund in fourteen days or legal action.

Then ... forget it .... like you say Seven pounds isn't worth the time and the principle isn't going to save a life.

Just don't give them ANY publicity at all.

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

"That's four and a half months.

One last letter , politely stating refund in fourteen days or legal action.

Then ... forget it .... like you say Seven pounds isn't worth the time and the principle isn't going to save a life.

Just don't give them ANY publicity at all. "

Very true, but if they did this to a number of customers - you start times £7 by x number of customers, that a nice little earner for them giving up.

There are strict rules for website selling, far tighter than people imagine, so tell them that you will report them to Trading Standards to investigate a case of obtaining money by fraudulent methods (i.e. there are no goods).

Other than that, did you pay with your credit card? If yes, then contact your credit card company to deal with it.

I can do the maths and understand the principle

MY seven pounds would not encourage me to use my life persuing them on behalf of others...

This reminds me a scene in Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels where the gang conceive a cunning plan to raise £500,000 by selling sex toys. They take the £25.00 and then don't deliver the goods. The company is set up in one name and trades under another, something obviously sexual. The scam relies upon most clients not wishing to pursue their money through the courts as it would become apparent that they use sex aids etc etc..

£7 is nothing really, and it's more expensive to try and get it back than the actual amount itself - so you lose your £7.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

» Add a new message to this topic