FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are You Happy With Toffs in Power?

Are You Happy With Toffs in Power?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ig bad OP   Man  over a year ago

Up North :-)

How do you feel about most of the government and opposition are the product of a middle class background with a large percentage having gone to public school. Do you think people from a privileged background are in the best position to champion your needs in parliament?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I dont consider their background much to be honest.. it is how they do the job today that matters.

it's all cool with me.

a lord or someone working class doing a good job for the benefit of all is what it is about.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bit of a heavy topic for a Sunday

I am not interested in where they came from, more what can they do?

Just because someone comes from a rich or poor background does not mean that they are good leaders and know how to run a country.

"Bit of a heavy topic for a Sunday "

Well i have just been looking to see how they are denting my pocket and it aint good! I was laso thinking even Labour have toffs. Gone are the days of Michael Foot and the like in the halls. I sometimes think they were more in touch than this lot today

"Bit of a heavy topic for a Sunday

Well i have just been looking to see how they are denting my pocket and it aint good! I was laso thinking even Labour have toffs. Gone are the days of Michael Foot and the like in the halls. I sometimes think they were more in touch than this lot today "

Ok I'll be quiet

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Bit of a heavy topic for a Sunday

Well i have just been looking to see how they are denting my pocket and it aint good! I was laso thinking even Labour have toffs. Gone are the days of Michael Foot and the like in the halls. I sometimes think they were more in touch than this lot today "

And of course, utterly unelectable.

i've started listening to the style council and billy bragg again

and its still just as relevant

I don't give a toss if the country was run by a half dozen chimps, so long as they do the job that they are meant to be doing and do it properly

"I dont consider their background much to be honest.. it is how they do the job today that matters.

it's all cool with me.

a lord or someone working class doing a good job for the benefit of all is what it is about."

Isn't how well someone does a job often down to their experience, both of previous work and real life?

There are people on both sides who've never had a job outwith the Westminster bubble and have never had to wonder where their next loaf of bread is going to come from.

They are all toffs and all went to public school but I do prefer the goverment we have at the moment labour fucked this country up

"They are all toffs and all went to public school ........"

That simply isn't true.

George Osborne's company makes very expensive wallpaper (Osborne & Little)

I'm a very experienced decorator who has hung a lot of it

If there is a link between the quality of his product and the quality of his Chancellorship then we're all fucked

"George Osborne's company makes very expensive wallpaper (Osborne & Little)

I'm a very experienced decorator who has hung a lot of it

If there is a link between the quality of his product and the quality of his Chancellorship then we're all fucked"

I didn't know that about Osborne. It might exlain why he's so keen on covering up the cracks in his policies.

By *ne ShotMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"i've started listening to the style council and billy bragg again

and its still just as relevant "

what a nice day for eton rifles

Manchester

"How do you feel about most of the government and opposition are the product of a middle class background with a large percentage having gone to public school. Do you think people from a privileged background are in the best position to champion your needs in parliament?

"

No

I dont think it makes any difference even when labour were in power they were up to the same tricks giving contracts and peerages left right and centre to there pals.

TOday unfortunatlely its not what you know but who you know.

"How do you feel about most of the government and opposition are the product of a middle class background with a large percentage having gone to public school. Do you think people from a privileged background are in the best position to champion your needs in parliament?

No

I dont think it makes any difference even when labour were in power they were up to the same tricks giving contracts and peerages left right and centre to there pals.

TOday unfortunatlely its not what you know but who you know. "

There is a lot of truth in that. The fact a huge percentage went to Eaton and other private institutes doesn't help i think .

Manchester

I think if you have the time to read a few other political threads posted, a lot of people already expressed there thoughts. i feel that all new labour ever were to start with were simply conservatives in disguise they were to alike we need a 3rd option look at the turnout last election im not saying this is statistically correct but only say 45% of the populace could be bothered gettin up of there arses to vote. I was one of em

"I think if you have the time to read a few other political threads posted, a lot of people already expressed there thoughts. i feel that all new labour ever were to start with were simply conservatives in disguise they were to alike we need a 3rd option look at the turnout last election im not saying this is statistically correct but only say 45% of the populace could be bothered gettin up of there arses to vote. I was one of em

"

Well i voted but it was a hard choice as no one seemed to offer a viable option being all much the same. I do wonder if we will end up at some point with a new left wing party as Labour is almost in the centre now

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I think if you have the time to read a few other political threads posted, a lot of people already expressed there thoughts. i feel that all new labour ever were to start with were simply conservatives in disguise they were to alike we need a 3rd option look at the turnout last election im not saying this is statistically correct but only say 45% of the populace could be bothered gettin up of there arses to vote. I was one of em

Well i voted but it was a hard choice as no one seemed to offer a viable option being all much the same. I do wonder if we will end up at some point with a new left wing party as Labour is almost in the centre now "

Nope, because while they will gain pouplar support with the 'we are the people' brigade, they will be unelectable.

The power in UK politics will lie for the foreseeable future in broadly centre left socially democratic politics, parties and politicians.

i.e Conservative, Labour and Lib-Dem

Well i voted but it was a hard choice as no one seemed to offer a viable option being all much the same. I do wonder if we will end up at some point with a new left wing party as Labour is almost in the centre now

Nope, because while they will gain pouplar support with the 'we are the people' brigade, they will be unelectable.

The power in UK politics will lie for the foreseeable future in broadly centre left socially democratic politics, parties and politicians.

i.e Conservative, Labour and Lib-Dem"

It looks that way and as long as it does i can't see any party doing owt for me which is a bitch. Still i wouldn't have chosen to go to Eaton. I hate hockey

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

"I don't give a toss if the country was run by a half dozen chimps, so long as they do the job that they are meant to be doing and do it properly"

You mean it isn't????

Planet of the Apes lied to me

I don't look so deep.

Whoever is in power, I'm working, not entitled to any kind of benefit so they'll never have my best interest at heart.

"I don't look so deep.

Whoever is in power, I'm working, not entitled to any kind of benefit so they'll never have my best interest at heart. "

Snap!! Never a truer word spoken. The only interests that these wankers have at heart are their own. It's nice to see that one MP has been sent to jail for fiddling his expenses (Should have been a lot more, but they wriggled out of it), lets hope that this serves as a wake up call to the rest of the shitheads the are creaming money off the top at the expense of us hard working tax payers

Manchester

"I don't look so deep.

Whoever is in power, I'm working, not entitled to any kind of benefit so they'll never have my best interest at heart. "

Yep one thing you can be sure of is they will tell you anything you want to hear to win office only to break them when they get elected.

before the last election my constituency has had two different MP's in the 20 years I have lived here:

Derek Conway; stood down after being caught misusing public funds.he paid his son for research he never did.which if i did it would be called theft

Ted Heath: Was my MP for ten years. Never seen in sidcup,just shuttled between westminster and salisbury

I suspect neither of them would have had my best interests at heart but its good to see their sterling work in the area is being carried on by bexley council

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

forward he cried from the rear,

and the front rank died.

i always think of these lyrics.when i hear,modern day politicians speak.

particularly david cameron.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"forward he cried from the rear,

and the front rank died.

particularly david cameron. "

One of the best posts I have seen on here for ages......So painfully true.

"forward he cried from the rear,

and the front rank died.

particularly david cameron. "

and it seems it really is Us and Them

I've tried to explain to Siren what happens during the term of a goverment. She had to negotiate a new mortgage deal a couple of years back and I told her to get a tracker (they were still available). She plumped for a fixed rate.

Lo and behold, we were in the lead up to the Gen Election (about 18 months to go) and that's when the govt (whoever they are) start 'buying' votes. I knew full well that the base rate would come down and that a tracker would come down with it, and that's precisely what happened. Sadly, Siren was fixed at a high % and it cost plenty.

That is the nature of politics. Part of what they do is because they believe in what they are doing but they also have a backup policy of buying the electorate with tax cuts, investment in social projects and infrastructure and promises of enough funding to combat crime etc etc etc...

...and then take it all away in the first two years of the next parliament.

Give = take = give = take.

Currently, we're in the 'take' stage of this parliament, but rest assured the 'give' stage will start to emerge circa 2013 (if the coalition lasts that long and if a vote of no confidence is motoned by the Labour party - tall order).

What will they use to buy our votes?

** Tuition fees are here to stay, but some form of funding better than what's available now will be dangled like a carrot in the run up to the next election.

** We'll pull out of Afghanistan in about 18 months time, conveniently.

** Petrol prices will have a lovely new fuel stabliser - in approx 2 years time, coupled with a nice reduction in fuel duty.

** I can see something happening to the BBC Licence fee also. The Beeb is a worn out old Aunty that ought to be packaged off to the retirement home.

** The billions pumped into the banking sector during the last government will start finding it's way back into the public purse - in around 2 years time.

~

Do you see the picture?

** edit

if a vote of no confidence ISN'T motioned by the Labour party

"I've tried to explain to Siren what happens during the term of a goverment. She had to negotiate a new mortgage deal a couple of years back and I told her to get a tracker (they were still available). She plumped for a fixed rate.

Lo and behold, we were in the lead up to the Gen Election (about 18 months to go) and that's when the govt (whoever they are) start 'buying' votes. I knew full well that the base rate would come down and that a tracker would come down with it, and that's precisely what happened. Sadly, Siren was fixed at a high % and it cost plenty.

That is the nature of politics. Part of what they do is because they believe in what they are doing but they also have a backup policy of buying the electorate with tax cuts, investment in social projects and infrastructure and promises of enough funding to combat crime etc etc etc...

...and then take it all away in the first two years of the next parliament.

Give = take = give = take.

Currently, we're in the 'take' stage of this parliament, but rest assured the 'give' stage will start to emerge circa 2013 (if the coalition lasts that long and if a vote of no confidence is motoned by the Labour party - tall order).

What will they use to buy our votes?

** Tuition fees are here to stay, but some form of funding better than what's available now will be dangled like a carrot in the run up to the next election.

** We'll pull out of Afghanistan in about 18 months time, conveniently.

** Petrol prices will have a lovely new fuel stabliser - in approx 2 years time, coupled with a nice reduction in fuel duty.

** I can see something happening to the BBC Licence fee also. The Beeb is a worn out old Aunty that ought to be packaged off to the retirement home.

** The billions pumped into the banking sector during the last government will start finding it's way back into the public purse - in around 2 years time.

~

Do you see the picture?"

I just see a robbin toff called Dave handing it out to the richie boy's! 2 years is a long time and i am guessing that's going to put a lot of coin out of my pocket into his.

You're probably right - it's fundamentally Conservative to hold the principal that the most successful are usually the most wealthiest and in a free market economy it is our captains of industry that drive our success.

Labour forgot that. And recklessly threw money around like confetti to people who didn't deserve to get it.

I love the American way of taking a successful person and saying to the youth of the USA "be like him!"

Not over here though - being like him is often portrayed as being one of them. It's devisive and unproductive.

Which kinds of brings us back to the original OP: Our leaders have almost always been educated on the playing fields of Eton (analogy), and whenever a leader supposedly represntative of the working class (Labour or NUT) has attained a position of power in this country they've managed to completely fuck it up.

Idiots don't start businesses, and they don't run countries either.

"You're probably right - it's fundamentally Conservative to hold the principal that the most successful are usually the most wealthiest and in a free market economy it is our captains of industry that drive our success.

Labour forgot that. And recklessly threw money around like confetti to people who didn't deserve to get it.

I love the American way of taking a successful person and saying to the youth of the USA "be like him!"

Not over here though - being like him is often portrayed as being one of them. It's devisive and unproductive.

Which kinds of brings us back to the original OP: Our leaders have almost always been educated on the playing fields of Eton (analogy), and whenever a leader supposedly represntative of the working class (Labour or NUT) has attained a position of power in this country they've managed to completely fuck it up.

Idiots don't start businesses, and they don't run countries either."

They have some good points along with Labour but essentially they both cain the fek out of me either via VAT or income tax. The fekers even want 3k off me for having a car which i need for work. I just get the opinion who ever is in charge its all the same and they all have hands in my pocket and its not to stroke mi cock

Set up a small business and purchase your car through that. You get to reclaim the vat, and the car decreases in value by 1/4 each year so by year 4 it's worthless and you buy a new one, taking a loss on the purchase price of the old one when you sell it, and pass the cost of the new one to the taxman.

It's a doddle.

» Add a new message to this topic