FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > THE EX

THE EX

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Before you say it - if you have nothing good to say keep thinking til you do.

I'd say the majority of,if not all here have an Ex of some kind.

Think most will have heard the bad -

So what is the best thing you can say about them ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

my ex hubby is a really great guy, just played too much golf

but there was one time he did piss me off so i shoved his toothbrush up me bum for revenge

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

Well I have never had a relationship longer than nine months myself, I have always got on really well with my ex sweethearts! Lol I think I am like my dad, he has been married three times, on the night of his third wedding celebration, both his ex wifes were sat together most of the evening.

mine made me bloody minded, and determined to have fun!

So u could say, i might not have been brave enough to try this, if it wasnt for the thought that he would be horrified if he knew!!! so neh, neh, neh, neh, neh!

Now i love it, so im staying

xxx

mine moved to aussie land out the way lol

ive never had an ex

He blessed me with my beautiful daughter

Now, can someone start a thread about "the worst thing about your ex"... I am holding back "War and Peace" here

mine was lovely, handsome, kind, generous and loyal.... shame he was more loyal to his overbearing mother than me.

My hubby was a great gentleman, he just does not tickle my fancy anymore. I regret having hurt him as he has done nothing wrong except not to provide the firework I longed for.

Soon after deciding I would leave my ex-hubby, I met my late partner through a social network of car enthusiasts.

My ex-hubby was so kind and generous that he said he would rather see me happy with someone else, than to be miserable with him. So he stepped aside graciously, arranged the divorce himself and saved a fortune. We agreed on who was to have what in less than 5min without any arguments.

He is one of 3 people whom I rang when my late partner died of a boating accident. We still communicate regularly to this day, and I see him once a year when I visit Norfolk to see my best mates.

My late partner was an officer and a gentleman, and I was smittened and charmed by him at our first face to face meeting. He knew which of my buttons to press, and provided the much needed fireworks of romance. I did not know love could be so intense that it could suffocate a person until I met him. We had 4 short but mostly glorious years together. RIP my love.

Thats so sad Pearl xxx

I also regret having hurt my ex too. We met when i was in a relationship with one of his friends, and his sister was babysitting my daughter. He would give her a lift home. We hooked up shortly after i dumped his friend, as there was no compatibility there. We got engaged shortly after meeting, but i knew there was going to be problems with his mum from the start. We had a beautiful wedding, but shortly before we got married his brother moved in with us, even though he was only meant to be there a week, he stayed 6 months. His monther wanted him to stay with us, but i wanted some privacy for us as a newly married couple, and because we stayed in the country, his brother had no transport therefore he never left the house, and was with us all the time. Even had a job in the same place as us. So, that killed the realtionship. Plus his mother used to come down at the drop of a hat, and take him and my daughter out for a coffee and leave me in the house. We split just before christmas, when i moved in with mr sticky. We all sat round a christmas table at mr stickys house, enjoyed a lovely christmas dinner, and exchanged the christmas gifts we had bought each other, before going our seperate ways.

He and i met up at my mothers house after 2 years of being apart, and arranged a diy divorce over a cup of coffee and cakes.

I do hope he meets or has met someone that is worthy of his love.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I have 2 main ex's in my life. 1 is in prison for beating me senseless. There is truly nothing good about him as a person. However, he made me stronger, he showed me I have strength that I never knew I had. If what happened hadn't, then I would still be a weak willed doormat, whose only words would be Yes, of course, etc etc.

My second ex. He's lovely, adorable, and now happily married with a small baby. We split up because he got stroppy when a 3some (my first one) went wrong. I wasn't bi at the time, although I certainly was by the end of it. Unfortunately I didn't realise he'd thrown a paddy and walked out about 30 minutes before!!!

So I have him to thank for finding my bi side, and consequently finding the swinging scene.

He still thinks he's damaged me in some way.

I must be one of very few women who did not get the house when divorced!

Joking aside, I kept my bachelor flat, and ex-hubby gave me the car as he knew she meant a lot to me, bless him!

I kept my cook's knife that I bought for the flat, my first property.

When my ex-hubby and I moved in together before we were married, I joked about keeping the saucepans if we decided to go our separate ways.

And yes, I got the saucepans!

I went to buy him some replacements, and he was so chuffed that when he bought himself a replacement cook's knife, he thought it would be a good present for my late partner who was a keen cook, and bought him one too, bless!

I retrieved that knife from my late partner's houseboat after his death, and gave it to his best friend who is also a keen cook, as I can't bear the thought of his not so pleasant family having their grubby greedy hands allover it!

My ex showed me what the best sex ever was!! He took me to heights I never knew existed, boy do I miss that!

By *rs kemeaCouple  over a year ago

angus

My ex is one of my best friends. It's partly due to him that I met my hubby, he was at our wedding and is the only person from the real world that I've told that we swing, because he's the only person I know who would truly never judge me.

We had lots of problems as a couple and looking back, we were never going to make it, but we've been through too much to not be best friends now.

I've had 4 ex's in my life and not friends with any of them and ex is an ex for a reason

Out with the old and in with the new I say x

Pearl, I didn't get the house when we divorced either. I didn't take one teaspoon out of our marital home. The only thing I took was my clothes, my personal belongings and my children. The removal van with all our belongings fit into the back of a Ford transit, not a lot to show for 24 years of marriage. Pictures of the children I left as they were on the walls, all I asked was for him to make copies so I could have a set and he did.

My ex husband and I simply fell apart after the death of our son. We really tried to hold it together for the sake of the girls, but we couldn't. The death of our marriage was slow and painful. My ex didn't think I'd ever leave, as it wasn't the done thing. You stuck to it...but then my mother died. She had the most miserable marriage with my father - 47 years - but stuck at it. Looking at her in her coffin I thought "oh hell no...that isn't going to be me." My mum looked happier dead than alive!!!

The following year I bought myself a new house, furnished it and left him. He suffered a nervous breakdown, as he really is a family man at heart and to lose us nearly destroyed him, but he recovered and came to terms with it.

Today, eight years on, he remains the only man I trust 100%. We spend the girls birthdays together, we attended college/uni open days together, both of us sat side by side at graduations. We visit our daughter at uni in Derby together. When our daughter got engaged on her birthday, new year's day we all celebrated together.

When he has a day off he'll come and take me to lunch, we spend bank holidays together. I've just helped him through the TUPE process...we get on, he's a good man.

He's the father of my children, we have three beautiful, smart, happy, funny girls who can turn to both parents for anything, are secure knowing that they are loved more than anything, and have grown to have healthy happy relationships of their own without any gender issues.

We did that together, we couldn't make it work, but I still say I picked a winner!

Best thing about my EX is that there my EX lol

Still get Sunday lunch from one of mine

take away of course

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

"Pearl, I didn't get the house when we divorced either. I didn't take one teaspoon out of our marital home. The only thing I took was my clothes, my personal belongings and my children. The removal van with all our belongings fit into the back of a Ford transit, not a lot to show for 24 years of marriage. Pictures of the children I left as they were on the walls, all I asked was for him to make copies so I could have a set and he did.

My ex husband and I simply fell apart after the death of our son. We really tried to hold it together for the sake of the girls, but we couldn't. The death of our marriage was slow and painful. My ex didn't think I'd ever leave, as it wasn't the done thing. You stuck to it...but then my mother died. She had the most miserable marriage with my father - 47 years - but stuck at it. Looking at her in her coffin I thought "oh hell no...that isn't going to be me." My mum looked happier dead than alive!!!

The following year I bought myself a new house, furnished it and left him. He suffered a nervous breakdown, as he really is a family man at heart and to lose us nearly destroyed him, but he recovered and came to terms with it.

Today, eight years on, he remains the only man I trust 100%. We spend the girls birthdays together, we attended college/uni open days together, both of us sat side by side at graduations. We visit our daughter at uni in Derby together. When our daughter got engaged on her birthday, new year's day we all celebrated together.

When he has a day off he'll come and take me to lunch, we spend bank holidays together. I've just helped him through the TUPE process...we get on, he's a good man.

He's the father of my children, we have three beautiful, smart, happy, funny girls who can turn to both parents for anything, are secure knowing that they are loved more than anything, and have grown to have healthy happy relationships of their own without any gender issues.

We did that together, we couldn't make it work, but I still say I picked a winner!"

Lovely post, sassy. xxx

I agree that was a lovely post and it's lovely you have that friendship xxx

I prefer to refer to mine as 'the best mistake to ever happen'

He gave me a daughter but has no part in her life. She is my life and love her with every part of me, but i hand on heart hate him for not wanting to know her..

I have had my fair share of "mistakes", however, I view them as lessons learned, enabling me to move on and be a stronger person.

Ah!!....The weeping and the laughter...The love, desire and hate....The smile of joys and sadness..The arguements irate....The sorrows shared...hurts decieved ....

Ah!!..a beautiful gal....always be a part of me ...memories burn`t into me ....all good ..

Yes ...indeed..a heart in the right place...I`ll always love her ...but like a dearest friend ...

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I talk to my ex almost every day. Six years since we split up... tis a long story, I won't bore you with it but we're good friends, always have been.

sassymissuk,

ur post really brought a lump to my throat. I dearly hope u are now coming into ur own, and finding all the excitement and happiness you deserve. Its not an easy decision to leave, and decide that your own happiness is of the utmost importance, especially when u have seen ur mother 'stick it out'.

Good on yer!!

xxx

By *DD1EMan  over a year ago

sea

The best thing about my ex is that she introduced me to 3sums with her girlfriend and swinging. god bless her x

"sassymissuk,

ur post really brought a lump to my throat. I dearly hope u are now coming into ur own, and finding all the excitement and happiness you deserve. Its not an easy decision to leave, and decide that your own happiness is of the utmost importance, especially when u have seen ur mother 'stick it out'.

Good on yer!!

xxx"

It was harder than you imagine. I was 43, never been alone and was recovering from an illness that had robbed me of 80% of my sight.

One of us had to make the decision as neither of us was happy and the girls were suffering. My leaving was the best for all of us, and the proof is my ex-husband and I are good friends, and our children and happy.

I lost my virginity when I was a carefree single young man but found it again when I married my first wife. And that's all I have to say about her.

"I lost my virginity when I was a carefree single young man but found it again when I married my first wife. And that's all I have to say about her. "

Oh Wishy...play nice!

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Don't have any.....which is wierd

Well i have long term,"others"who i no longer play with,if they count they are all lovely,and still friends.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I prefer to refer to mine as 'the best mistake to ever happen'

He gave me a daughter but has no part in her life. She is my life and love her with every part of me, but i hand on heart hate him for not wanting to know her.."

That's something I really never understand.

When we split that's something I was concerned that if it was made awkward for me to see my son.

To this day a few years on though seen him 3 nights per week.

Personally I feel the 'bond' between two people having a child is greater than any marriage etc in life.

I've spoken with many that now see their children.

Sometimes when people speak as to the real reason why they don't it can be apparent it's not a great one or a 'tricky' one.

Bottom line though in 99.9% of cases it's not the children's fault - why should they suffer and sometimes children can feel it's their fault.

There are a few 'exceptional circumstances' where it's not for the best.

Children can and are used as a 'lever' at times.

However if the real reason is found out and dealt with accordingly there could be a lot more happier people out there.

Including the children.

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

never been married, but was with someone for 15 years

relationship just became stale, for want of a better word for it,(nobodys fault - these things happen) mutually agreed to split

still are in regular touch, go out quite often when we can

no kids involved so no issues there

its more like a brother sister relationship now.

and we are both happy for that

when it comes to dating, new partners, we ask each other what we think about them

i guess the good thing to say about my ex was that he had the courage to leave after 35 years together and i didnt ..he said when he left he had done me a big favour...i couldnt see it at the time but i know now that he did ....there is no point in spending year after year together when neither is happy ....It always looked to me to be toodifficult to break everything up but actually it was easy ....so I thank him for that from the heart of my bottom ....

One of my exs i'm still great mates with. I can always count on him for honest advice, and to make me feel good about things when life isn't going to plan. We don't speak as much as i'd like as we're both so busy, but i can guarantee to have him around if i needed him.

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

mine blessed me with a beautiful daughter and i love her to bits she is my best friend as well at 14 yrs old

neither of us have an ex..childhood sweethearts

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

1st best thing my ex was good for? Well she gave me three wonderful kids.

2nd best thing was wanting a divorce so she could fuck another bloke (and yes, the kids are mine, the affair started a year after the youngest was born)

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

3 ex’s proposed marriage…. didn’t marry any of them.

All 3 stay in touch… for non-sexual reasons.

I am godmother to the children of one ex…. I am also godmother to an old fuck-buddy’s daughter.

All the relationships ended amicably and each time we just left with what we came with. None of them lied to me… that I know of nor do I have reason to believe they did… so I have no reason to feel any anguish.

They are all great guys… well of course they would be, I wouldn’t have been in a serious relationship with any of them if they hadn’t been.

It is great to have friends who know you to that depth.

"3 ex’s proposed marriage…. didn’t marry any of them.

All 3 stay in touch… for non-sexual reasons.

I am godmother to the children of one ex…. I am also godmother to an old fuck-buddy’s daughter.

All the relationships ended amicably and each time we just left with what we came with. None of them lied to me… that I know of nor do I have reason to believe they did… so I have no reason to feel any anguish.

They are all great guys… well of course they would be, I wouldn’t have been in a serious relationship with any of them if they hadn’t been.

It is great to have friends who know you to that depth.

"

Agree!

Mine blessed me with a broken nose so no I've nothing but unfond memories about mine

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Mine got arrested

the best thing about my ex is he gave me my 3 daughters, i wouldnt change being with him because without him i wouldnt have my girls

i really cant think of anything else lol

"Mine blessed me with a broken nose so no I've nothing but unfond memories about mine"

So did mine like a fool took him back

We had god times and bad times.

Sadly she is now dieing from cervical cancer and probably has less than 12months to live.

She's an ex, caused me mega amounts of shit but I'd never have wished that upon her....

Sorry to hear that

Thanks, but you know how it is .... your with someone and you just wish they'd piss off, you leave them, make a new life, then find out that this has happened..... despite all the shit, this blown me away big style

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

Best thing about my ex? erm.

Let me think....hope you have a min.

No really, the best thing about my ex was that i loved him with every part of me and didnt see any faults as was 100% in love with him. We have a couple of wonderful kids together but now very glad i am not surrounded by lies and lack of discussion and openness.

Still ashamed i am divorced but its life

nothing to be ashamed about, being divorce. 2 out of 3 relationships end in divorce hun. I been married twice but not gonna push my luck and see if i can make it third time lucky or a hat trick!

"Before you say it - if you have nothing good to say keep thinking til you do.

I'd say the majority of,if not all here have an Ex of some kind.

Think most will have heard the bad -

So what is the best thing you can say about them ??

"

We are no longer together lol

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

She was the love of my life and always will be, but we grew apart due to so many things and the crap life threw at us. We are still very much friends and we have both agreed that the care and happiness of our gorgeous son is the single most important thing in the world.

"Still ashamed i am divorced but its life"

I understand how you feel. I don't care that two out of three end in divorce, I wanted to be the one that made it. I wouldn't actually say I was ashamed, just rather sad actually, especially as we are very good friends and close. I do smile when I see him...but sigh in relief when he goes!

I am not ashamed to be a divorcee, however, it is highly unlikely I would re-marry even when the right person sweeps me off my feet!

My ex showed me how strong and deep love can be, how sometimes it can fly in the face of adversity. I think we showed each other how it feels to be truly loved and trust another with the most vulnerable parts of yourself. Ultimately, we also learned that sometimes love is not enough, that life can throw too much at you. We both struggled to let go of each other, but it was definitely the right decision. There will always be a place in my heart for him though.

» Add a new message to this topic