FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > should no shows get a second chance

should no shows get a second chance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

i have held a few parties and had some no shows i know some have been good and things have come up and they have let me know but should the one who no show and then next day say sorry something came up be given a second chance

we all know things do crop up like babysitters letting people down

just want your thoughts on this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would give them the benifit of the doubt, but if they did it a second time then that would be it as far as I was concerned.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I guess you need to consider each individual. I'm a believer that everyone deserves a second chance, but if they manage to let you down on the second time, they don't get a third.

It would very much depend on the excuse given though and the exception I would make is if someone just didn't bother to let you know at all.

Life does get in the way sometimes but with the mobile phone world we live in, it doesn't take a second to send a text or a quick phone call to say you're unable to meet. Good manners are important and to stand someone up, unless it's a life or death reason then it's just rude not to say anything at all.

ive been let down 3 times think ive got mug tattooed on my forehead

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Depends on the vibe you got off them initially I guess, I'm a pretty forgiving type so I probably would.

By *eppersCouple  over a year ago

telford

As stated earlier everyone deserves a second chance,and we do give a second chance depending on the excuse,

no contact before - no second chance

unbelievable excuse- no

work related, sitter, or other family related - yes second chance,as we know real life does sometimes interfere with playtime.

Of course life gets in the way sometimes, but a swift message or phone call is the minimum respect id expect otherwise no second chance with me x

If they let us know in advance then that is fine..

But if however they only let us know the reason afterwards.. then no..

I would always let someone know if I had to cancel for any reason..

Katie. x

If theres a valid reason yes give them a second chance BUT it doesn't take a lot to phone or email or even text to say you can't attend. The amount of people who fail to do any of these astonishes me. As far as we are concerned there are some great genuine folk on here and we can't be bothered with those that mess us around.

When we arrange a greedy girl night for me, we usually invite 10-15 guys and if we're lucky 4 will show. The rest either come up with excuses just before or just don't bother turning up. I guess most if these are dreamers who only like the idea of playing and have no intention of making it reality. So if this describes you please block us now! Rant over lol.

I'd agree it worth considering each case on merit,,,, but on the whole,,, ,I've always found a no second chance policy is the best way to be assured of not getting let down by the same person twice or more...

I guess maybe for some people, there is also the consideration which needs taking into account of how many other potential options or opportunities they have. hus therefore presenting a reasonable expectation when electing to not giving a previous no-show a second chance, it won’t ultimately detract from the amount of successful meets that person gets

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

the last party i arranged there were 10 couples and 3 singles invited at the end 4 couples showed and one single girl

only one couple let me know they could not make it due to sudden case of nerves the others did not bother

this really got on my goat as i spent 5 weeks arranging the right people i thought would make a great night

never stopped the rest of us having fun

"ive been let down 3 times think ive got mug tattooed on my forehead "

You did that yourself in the bathroom mirror, didn't you???

It reads GUM!

LoL...only joking xx

It's never happened to me. I've had men cancel a couple of times with lots of notice, but I have a short attention span and easily distracted. If it becomes difficult to arrange an hour for a social meet how are they going to manage half a day to play?

I don't waste my time on them, just ignore!

I hold frequent house parties for regular and invited guests and because they are planned in advance and all the attendees have plenty of notice, we rarely have occasions of anyone not showing on the day....

Saying that,,, I've had tons of no-shows, by individuals for one on one encounters, which were arranged a couple of days prior to the planned time of meet..... Hence, why I now only agree to meet individuals on a same-day as arranged basis, which seems to work far more successfully in cutting out the no-shows

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm in the process of arranging a meet when I go down south... had quite a lot of interest and arranged times and stuff... has seemed relatively easy so far so I'm waiting for the no show to happen... we figured if we invited more than one then we have a chance of at least one of them turning up... if they all do then I guess I'm having myself a bit of an orgy!!

I seldom give anyone a second chance.

Depends on the reason, I certainly wouldn’t expect someone to take the time to cancel a meet if there was a sudden death in the family or if they were involved in an accident etc, we use what we call a swing sim to contact meets, so if something serious happened on the day of a planned meet more often than not we wouldn’t have that sim with us to even contact said persons even if we wanted to.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

We had to cancel a meet once an hour before it. The man was already at the meeting place so we went to meet him for a quick drink and re arranged the meet for the week after.

He then had to cancel that meet...we arranged a third meet and we had to cancel that one too.

We did think he would give up at that point as he might think we were blagging, but we arranged yet another meet, met up, had great fun and had many more meets after it.

Sometimes life just takes over and can't be helped.

"I seldom give anyone a second chance. "

I 'm a forgiving kind of guy as long as there is dialogue .

I follow the 3 strikes and your out theory

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

for me it depends... if it is before then I would say yes.....

if it was after It would have to be a really good excuse.........

» Add a new message to this topic