FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Times where you almost died, but are still here today to tell the tail

Times where you almost died, but are still here today to tell the tail

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My most recent one was in Mexico City last year, 2 robbers jumped into my taxi gun to my head and said they were going to shoot me if I did not give them my PIN numbers for the credit cards, I can't remember them at the best of times !!! Lucky I write them in my phone 2 hours later after being slapped around and told I was going to get raped and shot, they kicked me out of the taxi (driver was in on it), the client I was out with got several fingers broken and busted face as could not remember his

What's your near death experience ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My most recent one was in Mexico City last year, 2 robbers jumped into my taxi gun to my head and said they were going to shoot me if I did not give them my PIN numbers for the credit cards, I can't remember them at the best of times !!! Lucky I write them in my phone 2 hours later after being slapped around and told I was going to get raped and shot, they kicked me out of the taxi (driver was in on it), the client I was out with got several fingers broken and busted face as could not remember his

"

Omg.. Well that's Mexico off the trip list ..

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

Christ but you were lucky.

Had a few, mostly involving bikes.

One was where I was descending a very steep hill, and was travelling at about 40mph, I came to a sharpish bend which was blind. Because I was trying to distance myself from the group behind me I was really going for it.

Stupidly I was a bit reckless and had too much speed/hadn't lined up for the bend in advance well enough, missed clipping the axis of it, and was still (more than)half way across the road at the 'centre point' of the bend. It was then that a car suddenly appeared heading in the opposite direction up the hill. Missed it by about 10cm.

On a bicycle I hasten to add!

The other time was my one and only school holiday trip away thing, skiing in Austria. We were going down the road on the side of the mountain with a sheer drop on the right hand side. Somehow I ended up accidentally skiing backwards, got to within half a metre of the precipice, panicked, and somehow managed to to get myself going in the right direction again. No idea how I did it. Full of hot panic and adrenalin. I was(and still am)a complete novice skier too, and it was our first run down after our introductory lessons.

Lucky boy..

By *helbeeCouple  over a year ago

Nuneaton

My recent one was last year

My health scare on November 8th 2015 I nearly died as i had acute pancreitits/gall stones if i hadn't called the ambulance when I did an left it any longer I wouldn't be here today ..an it was that serious I was in agony an very very poorly an put on a drip in hospital for 5 days..

I've still gall stones awaiting an operation for key hole surgery to have my gall bladder removed

I'm grateful for a 2nd chance of life.. an alive

Only the once here. I have big babies, my first was 9lb 11, then a year later i had my son and he was 10lb 2 and i heamoragged* after i had him. I crashed and needed a transfusion. It wasn't even that bad, i just felt tired but they kept keeping me awake.

Feel sorry for my mum coz she was there with me and thought she was going to watch me die.

Heamoragged after my next son as well, he was also 10lb 2, but they knew i was going to so put me on a drip so it didn't happen as quickly this time and there was no emergency.

Car crash 17, head injury. 1" more and that would have been it.

Have a scar, but the most lasting injury was the effect it has on my short term memory.

Bloke once threatened too shoot me if I didn't suck his cock......

I'm still here .....

Hey,,,,, them water pistols can look ever so realistic...

2006 routine patrol in Afghanistan. Mortar round landed about 15m away from me. I was pretty badly wounded and died for 12 minutes.

Nuneaton

Another scare was when I was 16 walking with my best friend an my my friend pushed me out the way a car mounted the pavement an nearly took me out thanks to my best fem friend at the time pushing me out the way I wouldn't be here the car was out of control an mounted the kerb/path an hit a brick wall the driver was d*unk..me an my best friend were shaken up...

Falling from a height of 8ft when i was 7 or 8, no bruises or broken bones just chipped my two front teeth...

Swimming in the sea at Kynance Cove near the Lizard. Took me 10 min to fight the back wash to get out, scared the shit out of me!

It was 1983. The west were conducting operation Abel Archer as a war game for nuclear war with the east. The east were countering with R.y.a.n on the belief archer was a real attack. Luckily one brave soul put himself on the line for the sake of humanity. Phew that was close.

Wee disclosure, I've just finished watching Deutscheland 83 so this might not be a wholly accurate portrayal of events.

Hit by a car at about 30 mph on bike, thrown in to the opposite carriageway where a bend meant the oncoming traffic had no idea there was a cyclist lying in the middle of the road. I used up a lot of luck that day!

The time I was clinging on to railings as the length of a bendy bus brushed against my shoulder was another scary one. Driver hadn't seen me and I was stopped in traffice at lights, he'd pulled up next to me almost hitting me. I had nowhere to go and just hung on once the lights changed. I could hear passengers shouting at him to stop

"My most recent one was in Mexico City last year, 2 robbers jumped into my taxi gun to my head and said they were going to shoot me if I did not give them my PIN numbers for the credit cards, I can't remember them at the best of times !!! Lucky I write them in my phone 2 hours later after being slapped around and told I was going to get raped and shot, they kicked me out of the taxi (driver was in on it), the client I was out with got several fingers broken and busted face as could not remember his

"

Not sure who your client is but they certainly didn't do their due diligence. Standard protocol in Mexico City for business travellers is armoured car and armed security. Just sent one of mine to Rio. Same thing down there.

Had several near death experiences.

I had a round come through the car in Iraq.

A car spin in front of my path on the M25 at 80mph.

Had a tyre come off again on the M25 at 80mph.

However have yet to sample Girly's cooking so that could be the next.

Not sure who your client is but they certainly didn't do their due diligence. Standard protocol in Mexico City for business travellers is armoured car and armed security. Just sent one of mine to Rio. Same thing down there.

However have yet to sample Girly's cooking so that could be the next. "

It's not my cooking you need to worry about, remember who's driving you from the airport Handsome?

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

I was a coach driver booked on the ill fated Herald of Free Enterprise. We were too late to board

My near death experience was when u was born.

I was born at 30 weeks. I was pronounced dead at birth but after a few hours of being in my mum's arms I cried..

Was in icu for 6 months on life support. Each time they went to see if I could breath on my own. I stopped breathing and mum was advised to turn machine off. At 6 months my mum finally agreed and I started breathing on my own. Unable to eat or drink because I didn't know how to. I was kept in hospital till I was 18 months old. Unable to sit up or stand couldn't even crawl. Mum got told I would never walk. I walked 1st time at age 4. At the age of 9 I started my periods ( so we thought ) my womb had collapsed and was told I'd never have kids... ( I now have 5 of the little monkeys lol)

By *ny1localMan  over a year ago

READING

just the two,first was a tyre blowout on m6,car written off.last was stupidly chucking petrol to get bonfire going,I went up like a torch.drove myself to a nearby hospital 30% dt burns,medics said if I'd waited for an ambulance shock would have killed me...still got my good looks though

"I was a coach driver booked on the ill fated Herald of Free Enterprise. We were too late to board "

That brings back memories was returning from a ski trip and on it the day before.

Nuneaton

I would consider myself lucky to survive my two near misses

Where I nearly lost my Life

I see life different i see myself very lucky to be alive an take life as it comes

I don't feel sad..an take everything in life ie opportunity. .an see it as a positive

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Had a gun put to my head by an ex I was so broken by then I just told him to shoot me.

Nuneaton

"Had a gun put to my head by an ex I was so broken by then I just told him to shoot me. "

So sorry to hear that

Hugs to you

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Had a gun put to my head by an ex I was so broken by then I just told him to shoot me.

So sorry to hear that

Hugs to you

"

Shit happens I guess I'm lucky some are not so as a result of DV

By *rcticFoxxxWoman  over a year ago

Hereabouts

Not near death but could have resulted in death... Car crash when I was little. Before there were holes in dust caps on bottles I choked on the lid of my fruit shoot. On a flight to turkey we flew by a tornado and the plane was getting thrown about a bit and we had to emergency land (I was only little so it's probably not as bad as I remember it).

Nuneaton

[Removed by poster at 25/02/16 13:35:01]

Nuneaton

"Had a gun put to my head by an ex I was so broken by then I just told him to shoot me.

So sorry to hear that

Hugs to you

Shit happens I guess I'm lucky some are not so as a result of DV "

It does happen in life things you can't control

Wow some of these are just so crazy and i can't believe how lucky you were too survive. The closest i came was a car accident where the rear Axel fell of the back of my car coming of the interstate in the states at 70mph, the fact i was unaware of it until attempting too brake too slow down added too the drama, all i could do was free wheel until i stopped which included avoiding oncoming traffic, turning at a red traffic light, and actually parking up, all without working brakes, when i finally came too a halt in an actual allocated parking space and got out of the car, is when i realised how lucky i was too survive let alone miss having a full blown accident, it was almost like an outer body experience that one, i practically threw up when the black smog started pouring out of the completely worn down axel.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"2006 routine patrol in Afghanistan. Mortar round landed about 15m away from me. I was pretty badly wounded and died for 12 minutes."

More of a 'death experience' than a near death one!!!

Had many a close call when I was younger but the closest was probably on the m42 near coleshill.

I was working in traffic management and had to carry a large metal frame from the hard shoulder to the central res. It's 4 lanes wide there and as I approached lane three I knew I didn't have enough time to get all the way.

Had to stand on the white line between lanes 3&4 and turn the frame sideways as a truck passed me on one side and a car the other side, both less than a foot away.

Didn't think I would make it back home that day, quit as soon as I got back to the office and never went back to that occupation again.

Had a gun held to my head when I was 17 - he pulled the trigger but it wasn't loaded.

Driving on a busy motorway once in the middle lane and suddenly felt I needed to move into the slow lane. As I moved over there was a collision a few cars in front of where I had been, resulting in a huge pile up - I would have been in the middle of it.

Meningitis...I was 18. Coma for 3 weeks. I was very lucky

3 tours of Afghan and 4 to Iraq. Everyday a winner...

According to my parents when I was 6 I ate a load of nightshade berries and almost died. I don't remember any of it.

Steelworks I used to work at had a new furnace fitted, my shift finished at 2pm at 4 pm new furnace exploded killing one lad and severely burning a second on the backshift

[Removed by poster at 25/02/16 14:24:06]

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Several times.

Shot in the eye with an air pistol, now partially blind in one eye.

Going over the bonnet of a car that pulled out in front of me, when I was doing 60 on a bike. Both me and the CBR went over the bonnet, I landed on the back of my head and rolled.

As a kid, I got knocked off my bicycle and taken part way round the stanlow roundabout. Did quite a bit of damage to my head & face.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I've had a few near misses with horses, one 600kg guy was standing bold upright on two legs jumping backwards to try to stop himself from flipping over backwards onto me. My stirrup safety catch gave way and I came off flat on my back......then got straight back on again!

God thinking about it he had me unconscious face down on the tarmac in front of a cement mixer too.....lol!

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Had an Industrial accident 7 years ago, working as a Security officer

Whilst out on night patrol on site, I found an aluminum shutter which hadn't been closed by factory staff. What I didn't know was shutter had been struck by overheight vehicle earlier previous day and it should have been isolated, switched off etc, but it wasn't and we weren't aware.

I pressed motor to drop the shutter; it moved down 4' & stopped then without warning, it dropped completely swallowing me up; 5 tons of metal.

When I failed to return off patrol, my colleague called our boss. He failed to find me so company we worked for were called in. I was found 3 hrs later; Fire Service took over an hour to get me out and I was in hospital for 3 days with nothing more than severe internal & external bruising, whiplash and a badly lacerated ear which was almost severed as the shutter "shaved" down the side of my head.

Docs said if I'd been hit 1 inch over to centre of my skull, I'd have been killed outright!

By *iss AdventureWoman  over a year ago

Wonderland

One is a bit too traumatic to recount, even now and was essentially an attempt murder. The boys in blue arrived and not a minute too soon, and the idiot opened the door with the knife still in his hand.

Another was after surgery they couldn't stop the bleeding.

The last time was when I popped in my mum's room and she was naked.

It's not my cooking you need to worry about, remember who's driving you from the airport Handsome? "

It's actually neither of those things you should worry about!

It's the madwoman she's got lined up for your mff when you come 'oop North!

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

Nothing like that.Well - once I caught my foreskin in my trouser zip - thought I was going to die ..

"One is a bit too traumatic to recount, even now and was essentially an attempt murder. The boys in blue arrived and not a minute too soon, and the idiot opened the door with the knife still in his hand.

Another was after surgery they couldn't stop the bleeding.

The last time was when I popped in my mum's room and she was naked."

The last one is the scariest of the lot lol

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

Some experiences in Ireland during early 90s with guns being pulled on me. (I'm not military)

Avoided a check point bomb in cookstown by 15 mins.

Saudi Arabia in the "naughties" issues with road blocks. More guns pulled, but on driver not me.

Hong Kong, gun pulled on me whilst going through customs (mistaken identity)

I'm just realising, there's a pattern here......

Been knocked off my bike 3 times in the past 15 years I've been cycling, the last one was from a truck, the trailer wheels just missed my head by inches.

does having a lung collapse fit into this term?

Had 4 so far, worst one was about 20 years ago, having a very bad asthma attack, and my left lung decided to fill with fluid (don't know why they call it a collapsed lung) and the one that was working almost gave up the ghost!

Intensive card for 10 days, but i live to tell the tale.

Asthma.. Had breathing difficulties and temp at work.

Not allowed to go home.

Overnight, couldn't breathe. Ambulance. Intensive care.

Oxygen sats less than 20%.

Massive steroids and nebulisers.

Scary.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I was thirty weeks pregnant and was getting ready to visit my friend in hospital who had just had a baby. I was waiting for my friend to pick me up but she was late: she's never late. She phoned to say her starter motor had gone and she was off to get it replaced.

As I was waiting the door rang. I was surprised to see a nurse on my doorstep. She said you're hard to get hold off this is my third visit. I asked her why and she said when I'd visited the antenatal on Thursday the nurse was worried about my blood pressure. She had mentioned it to the consultant but he had dismissed it with, and I quote "you're fat, it's hot or course your blood pressure will be high!"

She had called Friday (I was at work, Saturday I was at the hairdresser's and I was about to go out. She took my blood pressure and paled. She asked me if I had a hospital bag, I said yes, I'll get it. She said no, tell me where it is I'll get it, don't move I'm calling an ambulance. I said ambulance, why? She said you're having the baby today you have preeclampsia, I can't record your blood pressure it's off the chart.

At that moment my husband came home with the girls the ambulance was behind him. It was a bank holiday weekend and there were no neonatal beds or delivery beds in South London. At one point they did have them but in different hospitals. I went to Dulwich hospital to be stabilised as now everything was going wrong. The surreal thing is everyone was running around I never felt better.

Eventually a neonatal and bed for me became available at King's, another ambulance ride.

I remember the ride to King's then nothing until four days later when I woke up in intensive care tubes coming out of my neck, hips, arms...you name it. I thought it inappropriate the doctors high fiving when I opened my eyes. They informed me I had a son. Apparently both of us had nearly died and my husband had to give consent for the emergency cesarean.

Ten days I was in hospital recovering.

Unfortunately this doesn't have a happy ending. My son was in hospital for five weeks. The happiest day of my life when we took him home, our family was complete.

Three weeks after bringing him home I woke up...He didn't.

By *ob nice but domMan  over a year ago

PAISLEY

"Meningitis...I was 18. Coma for 3 weeks. I was very lucky "

I to had meningitis. Was minutes from the end. Not that I knew about it. God bless NHS. Bob.

Wonderland

[Removed by poster at 25/02/16 15:43:51]

Wonderland

Miss Tress

I've got tears. I can share some of that pain. Must go for a little sob now ...... X

Had a few... Gun at head when I was like 15 for my bike.... A bike!!!!!

10 fellas kicked my head in on a night out, jumping up and down.... In one way I'm really lucky as no one has ever been able to knock me out so when a passing car mounted the kerb to help me I jumped up and dived in the car... Still don't know what that was about.

Had a pretty nasty motorcycle accident about 7 years ago... Going too fast on the motorway, gear selector for snapped and jammed the rear wheel, spat me off at about 90mph on a busy motorway, I'm so lucky I never got hit by a car or lorry but I did clip a barrier and shattered my wrist... Lucky to still have a hand, and a normal looking one at that.

Once as a passenger doing 50 on a dual carriageway, girl on her phone didn't stop at giveaway. hit my door and span the car onto the central reservation into a lamppost.... That one hurt... Had to climb into the back and out the boot.

Last year another fool didn't stop at a give way, clipped the back of my car and sent me spinning into a parked van on the opposite side of the road... Lucky the rear of my car hit the van because it looked like I was going side on into a concrete street lamp...

Is that bad luck or good luck? Cos I should have died in at least 3 of those

"I was thirty weeks pregnant and was getting ready to visit my friend in hospital who had just had a baby. I was waiting for my friend to pick me up but she was late: she's never late. She phoned to say her starter motor had gone and she was off to get it replaced.

As I was waiting the door rang. I was surprised to see a nurse on my doorstep. She said you're hard to get hold off this is my third visit. I asked her why and she said when I'd visited the antenatal on Thursday the nurse was worried about my blood pressure. She had mentioned it to the consultant but he had dismissed it with, and I quote "you're fat, it's hot or course your blood pressure will be high!"

She had called Friday (I was at work, Saturday I was at the hairdresser's and I was about to go out. She took my blood pressure and paled. She asked me if I had a hospital bag, I said yes, I'll get it. She said no, tell me where it is I'll get it, don't move I'm calling an ambulance. I said ambulance, why? She said you're having the baby today you have preeclampsia, I can't record your blood pressure it's off the chart.

At that moment my husband came home with the girls the ambulance was behind him. It was a bank holiday weekend and there were no neonatal beds or delivery beds in South London. At one point they did have them but in different hospitals. I went to Dulwich hospital to be stabilised as now everything was going wrong. The surreal thing is everyone was running around I never felt better.

Eventually a neonatal and bed for me became available at King's, another ambulance ride.

I remember the ride to King's then nothing until four days later when I woke up in intensive care tubes coming out of my neck, hips, arms...you name it. I thought it inappropriate the doctors high fiving when I opened my eyes. They informed me I had a son. Apparently both of us had nearly died and my husband had to give consent for the emergency cesarean.

Unfortunately this doesn't have a happy ending. My son was in hospital for five weeks. The happiest day of my life when we took him home, our family was complete.

Three weeks after bringing him home I woke up...He didn't. "

Oh god I'm so sorry!!

This made me cry! Xx

Miss tress

So sorry to hear that

London

"Miss Tress

I've got tears. I can share some of that pain. Must go for a little sob now ...... X"

Worst time ever. Our son's death ended the marriage : our grief tore us apart.

"Miss Tress

I've got tears. I can share some of that pain. Must go for a little sob now ...... X

Worst time ever. Our son's death ended the marriage : our grief tore us apart. "

so sorry to here this

London

Thanks all, you learn to live with it.

Wonderland

"Miss Tress

Worst time ever. Our son's death ended the marriage : our grief tore us apart. "

The pain literally rips your soul out and it takes so long to pick yourself up and continue living, but even then it's a long time before you really live.

Im still tearful and saying sorry for your loss sounds really silly cause I don't know you, but I know where you've been. Big love sugar x

[Removed by poster at 25/02/16 17:16:33]

"

Jesus!

Mine involves Mexico and a taxi also. I never normally get taxis abroad but on this one occasion, I was running late to catch an overnight bus to Cancun.

I got in a cab in a little mountain village called Palenque. Taxi driver rang a mate in another car and we followed this other car out of town. I had a bad feeling about this other car and I also realised we were going the wrong way - and told the driver so several times but he just ignored me. I opened the door and the driver slowed down in order to shout at me, so I jumped out with my backpack while it was still moving (only about 20mph). I found out afterwards they were both working for a human trafficking cartel, the 'Zs' and they were looking to get $20,000 dollars for me. Nice!

By *ike4362ukMan  over a year ago

Cheshunt

Zapped by a 16kV line. Got thrown off the back of the trailer by it and had a couple of small holes burnt in the tips of my fingers!

By *riskygazMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Well I have survived two quite bad motorcycle crashes, had a little ambulance ride both times, no permanent injuries from them, so that's lucky, and I have rolled a car onto it's roof, Mmm maybe I should just get the bus lol

I can't read anymore of these sad stories

Nuneaton

I see my 2 near death experience s as a positive

Not a negative esp my acute pancreitits. .It's giving me the kick I need to look after myself an to be more healthier

An join a gym it's hard to live with a health condition but I can't think negatively about it .I deal with it

"Miss Tress

I can relate to this, having been in the same situation. So sad

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

Shot in the chest

Body armour stopped the bullet, but the impact stopped my heart and threw me 10 feet.

One of the guys gave me CPR and my heart started after 3 minutes( I am told).

He was killed 2 days later by a bomb.

Nuneaton

Some of these stories on here puts my near death experience s very mild...

I feel im very lucky to have had my experiences. As it makes me think life is so precious. .

Some of these are very sad in here...hugs to all of you who have had very sad times

My two scary experiences were both through blood loss..

First as a poster above I had pph (heammorage) after two of my babies..first time was emergency and was transfused and second time they were prepared and was on a drip already.

Second was a freak accident where I went to close a door and my bf at the time went to open it from the other side.the glass pane broke and a shard of glass sliced through my artery on my left wrist. Luckily I'd already started my nurse training so I was the only calm one in the situation and put pressure on the wound while waiting for ambulance. I passed out once the paramedics arrived! The state of the kitchen when I got home...The ceiling was covered in my claret..very scary!

Miss tress I'm so sorry. Such a sad and traumatic thing to happen. My heart goes out to you x

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

To long a story but broke my skull which punctured my brain sack. Had to have plastic surgery on my nose and the puncture repaired and yep I'm just as ugly. A few pounds heavier and I'd be dead.

Nearly hit by lightening twice .. Felt static just before bolt missed by about 15 feet.. On both occasions. Had knife at me when working as a nurse in a and e years ago.

"Shot in the chest

Body armour stopped the bullet, but the impact stopped my heart and threw me 10 feet.

"

I was hit from behind. The rubber strap from my webbing stopped the round. It shattered my shoulder blade though, I still have the bullet. 2 months later I was in a danger and a round hit the back of my helmet.

I was a bit of an ordinance magnet!!!

"Shot in the chest

I was hit from behind. The rubber strap from my webbing stopped the round. It shattered my shoulder blade though, I still have the bullet. 2 months later I was in a danger and a round hit the back of my helmet.

I was a bit of an ordinance magnet!!! "

That should have said Sanger, not danger.

Or even sangar. Fucking phone!!!!

By *ngandnickCouple  over a year ago

Haverhill

That's just the worst ( hugs xx)

By * lick your clitMan  over a year ago

Newcastle upon tyne

Had many but last one was 15 months ago when i was blue lighted to hospital as i had sepsis and was near deaths door , i was pumped with antibiotics and had blood transfusions , i was in hospital for 2 weeks and went from 16 stone to 12 stone , cant remember most of it and wouldnt want to get it ever again .......

I was on the BBC 999 with Michael Burke programme.

It's not my cooking you need to worry about, remember who's driving you from the airport Handsome?

It's actually neither of those things you should worry about!

It's the madwoman she's got lined up for your mff when you come 'oop North! "

She has definitely emphasised in the mad!

Anyway I heard it was an mffff. I've had my weetabix treacle!!

"I was on the BBC 999 with Michael Burke programme."

Most wanted ??

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

went end over end five times after clipping a hidden stone mile marker whilst flat in sixth on a rally stage .car destroyed me unconcious woke up next day in hospital with avery sore head and lots of bruises where the full harnesses had worked

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"I was on the BBC 999 with Michael Burke programme.

Most wanted ??"

crime watch ?

By *haunyladMan  over a year ago

shropshire

When my x wife atempted sunday lunch...

By *unfortonight87Couple  over a year ago

Droitwich

My gosh some of these stories are terrible, puts my man flu that I thought I would die from into perspective!!!

"My gosh some of these stories are terrible, puts my man flu that I thought I would die from into perspective!!!"

Respect !!!

Man flu takes the lead

As a kid I was bored of playing on my wooden rocking horse, so I laid it on its side and jumped over it, my foot caught the runners and hit the edge of a concrete slab step with my nose, as you can imagine quite a mess.

Coming back from Matlock bath on my 125, I decided not to take the cat n fiddle but another road. It came to a 90 degree bend I got spooked and went across the road up and embankment, stopped by a wire mesh fence. Other side of the fence a big drop. I couldn't see the bottom of the valley, needless to say I rode home very subdued.

In work. We had to do an airstart on an aircraft, that is give the aircraft a helping hand to start the engines. Only one engine should be started, the other in the taxiway. The pilot got both engines started, I stopped a colleague from going to remove the airstart from the aircraft. I had heard that if you walk under the middle of the aircraft, you can go in between the running engines and safely disconnect the hose. Only thing was where you walk is in the ingestion area for the engines, it shit the life out of me but I am still here.

Had an aircraft taxi over me. one of the Russian airlines used to taxi away before you were safely out of the way, the tug got away leaving me to duck as the wingtip went over my head.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I had a pulmonary embolism (a massive blood clot on ma lung) 10 yrs ago. Was in the DRI for 12 days. Docs said I was lucky not to come out in a wooden box. I'm on warfarin for the rest of ma life

By *-angel-XWoman  over a year ago

hell

"I was thirty weeks pregnant and was getting ready to visit my friend in hospital who had just had a baby. I was waiting for my friend to pick me up but she was late: she's never late. She phoned to say her starter motor had gone and she was off to get it replaced.

So sorry to read this

I also had pre eclampsia and was on high dependant and then intensive care twice

I did die but was resuscitated and after a long time blood transfusions , four , blood clot on my lung , broken pelvis in the emergency to get baby out , I am alive

And so is my child

Bless you

By *ancyDrewWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

6 years ago I had been massively run down and one day my throat got uber sore. I couldnt eat my tea (or smoke) and the next day I woke up with no voice. Went to GP and she sent me to hospital. They gave me two options: go to a different hospital and be put into a coma or stay where I was and have a tracheotomy. They said that if I decided on the coma option, if anything happened en route to that hospital I would die and that if I hadn't have come into hospital in the first place I would have died. In retrospect am not convinced this was true but at the time it was really scary.

Drove a quadbike up a shale/rock hillside in Wales on one of those "fun experience" days, got to a hairpin and my hand slipped and slapped the throttle open.

Thought "ooh, it's quiet..why are we turning over? Shit..that's the ground down there.."..flew the bloody thing a fair distance before I elected to drop quite a way onto the slate/shale. The bike fared worse and it encountered a tree!

There were a few cries of "he's dead!"..yes, I did wonder for a minute..bloody hurt!

Or the time I was in a Volvo at 11.26 at night, and there was a huge BANG..we got out to find we'd been hit by a d*unken driver at speed, which had torn the front off the car, only just missing us. Wasn't much left of his car, mind..so glad the 360's were built like tanks..

Been attacked with knives on 3 occasions. Climbed into a boat in Indian ocean as a 300lb Bronz Whaler shark hit the side of the boat where I had just been, swam across a river to find a 15ft Nile Croc sunning its self on the bank.

Fell while free climbing and just grabbed a hand hold before I fell 3, 000 ft. Crash a motorbike avoiding a lorry cutting across an island directly infront of me causing me to almost go under the wheels bounce over the kirb between two lamp posts and just after a fence ended. A few more also and then I was British Army and close protection so I think my nick name unbreakable is good.

When I was a kid, I hated my room because I was a tomboy and in a vain attempt to make me girly my mother painted by room bubble gum pink, put creepy doll wallpaper up, and got me a canopy bed.

One night while I was asleep I woke up to a horrendously loud crash and crap all over me. When I turned on the light I found that my ceiling had caved in and was lying in rubble around me. I only made it out alive because my canopy bed stopped most of the ceiling from falling on me

-Courtney

Aerobatics.

Aircraft was put into a (deliberate) spin. Minimum safe altitude to recover from a spin is 3000ft (in a Grob Tutor, of course. Don't try this in a 747 ) and my instructor recovered at 3200.

Fucking thrill and a half

P.S. for those who don't know; A "spin" is when an aircraft basically turns into an out of control, tumbling piece of metal, literally falling out of the sky, spinning in every direction.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Too many to list and most are pretty painful to recall. A nicer one involved a foreign car overtaking blind from behind a truck to hit me head on, writing the car and me off for a while.

I keep those things in the past and am grateful for our wonderful NHS.

While in the army in Northern Ireland an IRA bomb went off. I was about 12-15 feet away. Not a mark on me.

By *indmill and weetabixCouple  over a year ago

Kettering

"My near death experience was when u was born.

I was born at 30 weeks. I was pronounced dead at birth but after a few hours of being in my mum's arms I cried..

Was in icu for 6 months on life support. Each time they went to see if I could breath on my own. I stopped breathing and mum was advised to turn machine off. At 6 months my mum finally agreed and I started breathing on my own. Unable to eat or drink because I didn't know how to. I was kept in hospital till I was 18 months old. Unable to sit up or stand couldn't even crawl. Mum got told I would never walk. I walked 1st time at age 4. At the age of 9 I started my periods ( so we thought ) my womb had collapsed and was told I'd never have kids... ( I now have 5 of the little monkeys lol)

"

And you turned out stunningly beautiful xxx

"Bloke once threatened too shoot me if I didn't suck his cock......

I'm still here .....

Hey,,,,, them water pistols can look ever so realistic... "

hehe think that's first time I actually laughed out loud to a forum post

"Bloke once threatened too shoot me if I didn't suck his cock......

I'm still here .....

Hey,,,,, them water pistols can look ever so realistic... "

hehe think that's first time I actually laughed out loud to a forum post

When I about a year old I was found floating face down at centre parcs

When I was 3 went to Portugal where I was taught how to handstand at the edge of the pool and let myself fall in except one time I was doing it while the step dad was watching my brother my arms gave way I head butted the side of the pool and landed in the pool

When I was 14 was swimming at the beach and my foot got caught in sea as I guess the tide was coming in so wave after wave knocked me under thankfully my brother was there next to me and saved me!

Still haven't learnt though I love swimming!

-Ads

I was jumped by 5 guys one evening.

One came from behind and knocked me out cold with a steel bar, my knees were masses of bruises, they then kicked me about for a bit before one put my face on the kerb and stamped ony head.

Someone coming out of a party in the early hours found me and called an ambulance.

My parents had two police cars arrive at their door at 3am and were given an escort to the hospital to make sure they got there in time to say goodbye - they were told I wouldn't survive until morning.

For two days they were told that I wouldn't wake up....I did, obviously, and a few days after had 8.5 hrs of surgery which involved taking my face off, bolting the right side together with 15 titanium strips and moulding a new eye socket out of surgical cement.

The surgical team said they had no idea how I survived and survived with no brain damage.

They caugth the 5 guys, couldnt prove which one stamped on my head so they were all found guilty of assault and served 6 months

Oh Miss_tress, I'm so sorry

I've been in several car crashes as a passenger and two were very serious, yet I came away without a scratch. There have been other near death experiences as a teenager, but they were deliberate.

"I was jumped by 5 guys one evening.

One came from behind and knocked me out cold with a steel bar, my knees were masses of bruises, they then kicked me about for a bit before one put my face on the kerb and stamped ony head.

Someone coming out of a party in the early hours found me and called an ambulance.

My parents had two police cars arrive at their door at 3am and were given an escort to the hospital to make sure they got there in time to say goodbye - they were told I wouldn't survive until morning.

For two days they were told that I wouldn't wake up....I did, obviously, and a few days after had 8.5 hrs of surgery which involved taking my face off, bolting the right side together with 15 titanium strips and moulding a new eye socket out of surgical cement.

The surgical team said they had no idea how I survived and survived with no brain damage.

They caugth the 5 guys, couldnt prove which one stamped on my head so they were all found guilty of assault and served 6 months"

I would be temped to seek payback after they got out in these circumstances

By *sianmale89Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Probably when I was really young and a few times I was so incredibly careless crossing the road that I nearly got hit a few times by a car, one time this happened Infront off my mother she was walking me home from school and some how I ended up jetting off down the road being the quick little shit I was and a car was coming in my direction and nearly hit me but luckily some man saved my life.....needless to say my mother was hysterical that day and had a combination off crying/sad and furious.

Op that read like a sex story

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

I had salmonella when I was a few days old and the doctors got my mum n dad in a room telling them to expect the worse.

My dad tells me this every time he's had one yo many.

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

I'm so sorry to hear this. We had an experience with pre eclampsia ourselves in November. It really is that urgent.

Have you been having headaches?

Yes

Swollen feet?

Yes

Feeling hot?

Yes

Hospital now!

We had our little boy in our arms via emergency cesarean not 12 hours later.

B

"I was jumped by 5 guys one evening.

They caugth the 5 guys, couldnt prove which one stamped on my head so they were all found guilty of assault and served 6 months"

I had a very similar thing happen to me leaving a club in central London but thankfully not to the same degree as yourself as passers by called police which scared the attackers off. A couple of friends left the club shortly after myself and see police and amubuace crew attending to someone on the ground so they went over to be nosey and found me lying there, eyewitness told them that it was a completely unprovoked attack by 5 blokes who just knocked me to the ground and repeatedly kicked me in the head whilst filming it on their phones resulting in black eyes, broken nose and eye socket and a stiched up lip.

Although still to this day I don't remember anything about it which I class as good thing, I still look in the mirror sometimes or feel the lump on the inside of my mouth from being stiched up I count myself as lucky as one more kick could have changed everything.

They were never caught.

[Removed by poster at 26/02/16 09:32:57]

Only one

I was rushed in for an emergency c section with my 3rd daugher, she was 9 weeks premature and born with no heart beat, they had to resuscitate her twice to get a heart beat and I was told because of the lack of oxygen to her brain she would be brain damaged, while that was going on they was fighting to save my life, I had three blood transfusion that day because as fast as the were pumping it in I was bleeding out

Anyway to cut a long and boring story short, we both lived and my daughter is a health 15 year old with no signs of brain damage at all

When I took her to see the pediatrician when she was a year old so they could assess the extent of her brain damage and she walked in holding my hand he told me there was no way she should be walking and by rights we should both me dead

Charming eh

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I don't have a story but I don't want to tempt fate in case I get run over at lunchtime.

Mistress that's properly made my heart ache for you. So sad. x

The rest of you need to be more careful!

X

Mine is a long story and involved my much missed pig, Pumfrey

"

Evil bastards would be sorted one by one if it was me. 6 months each is not enough to teach then a lesson. Your lucky to be alive.

By *indys loverCouple  over a year ago

Stratford on avon

Fell 25 ft onto concrete floor and walked away from it

Let's talk about me

"Let's talk about me"

Go for it, that's is what the thread is all about, if you have the balls to share like many others regarding the near loss or in some case loss of life and it helps just one small iota speaking about it again even if it means bringing back memories that shouldn't be there in the first place and get some support from others who have shared the same experiences, even if you don't know them then good for you.

That is unless it was just a sarcastic remark? But I can't imagine anyone being that insensitive surely.

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"Let's talk about me"

I am flabbergasted by your attitude. I was really moved by these stories. Thank you for sharing folks. X

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Omg.. Well that's Mexico off the trip list ..

"

Mexico city is quite different to the holiday destinations.. We went to Tulum 2 years ago and felt perfectly safe. we were in AIRBNB not a hotel and used taxis alot. cancun and playa are holiday places Mexico city is far away and yes far more dangerous.

The cost of a coffee in Costa

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I have read the whole thread now and seeing Mistress story again made me feel so sad.

I am so sorry brought tears to my eyes. Hugs x

I have been pretty lucky really knocked off my bike by a mad motorcyclist at 11 busted my beloved wheel

Was 18 and in the back of a car pre seat belts and fortunately boyfriend laid across me as the driver hit a curb and mounted pavement the girl in front went forward and knocked her teeth back into gums on the dash board she was the only one hurt.

The last one was the birth of my daughter went to the local hospital as had been very well. All good till after the birth and I haemorrhaged because my placenta was stuck..

They had to call the flying squad out from Reading by which time I had lost so much blood Hubby said it looked like a crime scene over walls and ceiling had 4 pint transfusion.. Nothing as bad as some.Thankfully.

» Add a new message to this topic