FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Isn’t technology great!

Isn’t technology great!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

In a discussion about covering trails…. deleting browser histories, msn chat logs, text messages etc, it occurred to me very few people talk about removing details from their satnav. Not that I need to look, but if I had cause to want to check where someone had been going, I’d have a scroll through their satnav. If their satnav was constantly being reset to clear destinations…. I may start wondering why.

You could even go on google map and have a look at the address.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

In a discussion about covering trails…. deleting browser histories, msn chat logs, text messages etc, it occurred to me very few people talk about removing details from their satnav. Not that I need to look, but if I had cause to want to check where someone had been going, I’d have a scroll through their satnav. If their satnav was constantly being reset to clear destinations…. I may start wondering why.

You could even go on google map and have a look at the address.

"

Good points, loads of cheating people will be running out to check their satnavs now

the other thing is not to save your home adress as if its lost or stolen then they will know where you live

i can honestly say ive never even thought of that before but i suppose if youre cheating its a good un to catch them out lol

Apparently theives love satnavs as many people have "home" programmed in, if they find one while breaking into your car they can often move on to your home as they know your not in!

I knew someone who was on here who was cheating and got caught out by a fuel receipt

"Apparently theives love satnavs as many people have "home" programmed in, if they find one while breaking into your car they can often move on to your home as they know your not in! "

Best setting home to be a place you know near your town, you should no where you are when close to home anyway

"Apparently theives love satnavs as many people have "home" programmed in, if they find one while breaking into your car they can often move on to your home as they know your not in! "

How do they know you're not at home? They know you're not in your car but does that mean you're not at home or that nobody in your family is at home?

"i can honestly say ive never even thought of that before but i suppose if youre cheating its a good un to catch them out lol"

It's not just the person playing away who gets caught out though is it.... the betrayed get directions to where the deed was done

I wonder how many text messages start flying around ...

"Did you borrow your partner's car when you came here? Go and delete the satnav history NOW!"

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I always delete my sat nav with a hammer afterward.

technology is pretty much beyond me.....i struggle just to turn the bloody kettle on!!

"technology is pretty much beyond me.....i struggle just to turn the bloody kettle on!! "

You got mains leccy?

"technology is pretty much beyond me.....i struggle just to turn the bloody kettle on!!

You got mains leccy?"

lol...yeah....and running cold water

get a pegeon on a long string, then when your done you can just kill and eat it!!! job done

"technology is pretty much beyond me.....i struggle just to turn the bloody kettle on!!

You got mains leccy?

lol...yeah....and running cold water "

Luxury.

I recall when Glasgow folk used to go on caravan holidays to Whitley Bay 'cos the mod cons were better than they had at home.

Back to sat nav. Is it the case when you delete a destination that it vanishes completely or is it still hidden away in there somewhere - like when you 'delete' stuff from your computer hard drive?

"Back to sat nav. Is it the case when you delete a destination that it vanishes completely or is it still hidden away in there somewhere - like when you 'delete' stuff from your computer hard drive?"

Many satnav systems don't have the option to delete individual destinations.... you have to reset and clear them all.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Taking the used condom wrappers out of your pockets is good too.

"Taking the used condom wrappers out of your pockets is good too.

"

Especially if you wrote the address on them

Another low tech suggestion.... dig the drive after heavy snow..car tracks and footprints in the snow leading to your front door can tell a bonnie tale......

"Another low tech suggestion.... dig the drive after heavy snow..car tracks and footprints in the snow leading to your front door can tell a bonnie tale...... "

but it was only the gas man :D

Katie.x

"Another low tech suggestion.... dig the drive after heavy snow..car tracks and footprints in the snow leading to your front door can tell a bonnie tale......

Katie.x "

but did the gasmans footsteps go to all of the other houses too? I live in a cul-de-sac with only one other house lol so in the bad weather my snow is pure as the driven snow with no footprints - just like me ......

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Another low tech suggestion.... dig the drive after heavy snow..car tracks and footprints in the snow leading to your front door can tell a bonnie tale......

Katie.x

but did the gasmans footsteps go to all of the other houses too? I live in a cul-de-sac with only one other house lol so in the bad weather my snow is pure as the driven snow with no footprints - just like me ...... "

*splutters coffee all over the keyboard*

By *andy muncherMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"i can honestly say ive never even thought of that before but i suppose if youre cheating its a good un to catch them out lol

It's not just the person playing away who gets caught out though is it.... the betrayed get directions to where the deed was done

I wonder how many text messages start flying around ...

"Did you borrow your partner's car when you came here? Go and delete the satnav history NOW!""

just remember you can be tracked by your blackberry iphone and android phones one bit of advice dont sign up to google latitude

Better still sign up for one of those granny tracker buddy things... then one day leave granny locked up somewhere safe and pop the tracker in the glovebox of your partner's car.

Katie.x

but did the gasmans footsteps go to all of the other houses too? I live in a cul-de-sac with only one other house lol so in the bad weather my snow is pure as the driven snow with no footprints - just like me ......

*splutters coffee all over the keyboard*"

Wrong end surely?

Ow im so glad im single. Im always clearing my satnav. Simply because i use it for my job. I wouldnt want any fingers being pointed at me for cheating.

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

"the other thing is not to save your home adress as if its lost or stolen then they will know where you live"

ous street doesnt appear on any satnav map,lol,nearest is the main road,lol

haha i delete my satnav history every month or so... I have some really nosey family members so i can never be sure if they will check if they borrowed it

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

Set your 'home' address as the local police station and have your actual address under another name.

I always reset my SatNav, because sometimes it's either that or smash the damn thing. Have a hate, hate relationship with it!

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

If they are following my sat nav theyll never bleedin' find me anyways

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

You cant beat a good old road atlas. (remember them?)

» Add a new message to this topic