FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > anyone else getting blocked for absolutely no apparent reason?

anyone else getting blocked for absolutely no apparent reason?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I seem to be going through a spell of very random blockings for absolutely no reason. Anyone else get this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I block people I dont want to meet. Saves everyone time and awkward messages

Me, but probably for a reason.

Idk really if i am or not but people tend to block to stop you messaging again, just to cut don on messages usually.

By *lack_BoltMan  over a year ago

oxford

Nothing to worry about it's nothing personal. It's because you're a man.

Is it men or women blocking you?

Is it after you have messaged them?

[Removed by poster at 23/02/16 00:09:03]

You'll never know reasons, just move on - sure it's nothing personal unless you're offending people

"I seem to be going through a spell of very random blockings for absolutely no reason. Anyone else get this? "

I don't really look into it, of someone blocks me. They'd be doing us both a favour, if they're not interested.

If you've been blocked consider it a blessing, though it won't be down to 'no reason'. They've decided you're not for them.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for the reply folks.

The only time I know I've been blocked.. Is if someone sends a nasty message.. And then they block me because they have no balls .. I wouldnt know or care if I've been blocked.. Don't question things you can't do anything about....

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Do a search for this question in the forums as it's been answered loads of times

It's nothing personal though.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"I seem to be going through a spell of very random blockings for absolutely no reason. Anyone else get this? "

Of course there's a reason. Occasionally it's done accidentally but if it's intentional, there is always a reason.

[Removed by poster at 23/02/16 00:20:18]

Yes, it happens sometimes, but I guess women do it more than us lol.

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast

People on here can be a bit precious and petty. Just count it as a blessing and one less member you have to waste mails on before realising and move on.

I have accidentally blocked a few times while viewing profiles as the scaled down mobile profile pages are a bit fiddly combined with an overly sensitive touch screen, so it could be that too.

"Anyone else get this? "

I dunno. Probably.

*shrugs*

"Anyone else get this?

I dunno. Probably.

*shrugs*"

Blocked.

And I'm not saying why

-Courtney

By *c-ukMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

Dude... like you are totally a dude man!! if you message women on here you are just going to get soooo blocked.. If you look at a woman's profile blocked.. login blocked.. think of fab... blocked !!

Welcome to fab.. I am so going to totally block you now!!!

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I'm blocked by a regular forumite, but we still have a bit of banter on here. Am I bovvered? Am I fook

"I seem to be going through a spell of very random blockings for absolutely no reason. Anyone else get this?

Dude... like you are totally a dude man!! if you message women on here you are just going to get soooo blocked.. If you look at a woman's profile blocked.. login blocked.. think of fab... blocked !!

Welcome to fab.. I am so going to totally block you now!!!"

I read that in the voice of the sea turtle off finding memo,..

"I'm blocked by a regular forumite, but we still have a bit of banter on here. Am I bovvered? Am I fook "

I'm probably blocked by half the forum members *shrug*

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Who gives a shit shrugs

Manchester

"I seem to be going through a spell of very random blockings for absolutely no reason. Anyone else get this?

I read that in the voice of the sea turtle off finding memo,.. "

We are only blocked by one regular on the forum , and have no idea why . Oh well ....

I block anyone who looks at my profile or anyone from the forums. I also block everyone who is within the distance I'm prepared to travel to for a meet. Everyone with or without tattoos...blocked. Non smokers and smokers all blocked. People I totally fancy and those that I don't, also blocked.

It just saves time!

Manchester

"I block anyone who looks at my profile or anyone from the forums. I also block everyone who is within the distance I'm prepared to travel to for a meet. Everyone with or without tattoos...blocked. Non smokers and smokers all blocked. People I totally fancy and those that I don't, also blocked.

It just saves time!

"

Fuck ya I'm blocking you 1st. Blocked

By *c-ukMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

I read that in the voice of the sea turtle off finding memo,.. "

You mean Crush... he totally rocks.. OMG how do I know this shit

By *he_Raggedy_DoctorMan  over a year ago

Some where in West Sussex

You know its funny I clicked on here by mistake but now having read the post I have to add this.

I was blocked today by a lady who I've been chatting to over the last what is now 4 days. I thought we where getting on alright bit of banter bit of humour etc on Sat she even suggested we swap numbers and perhaps meet up for a coffee and so Wednesday was pencilled in but today I emailed her to see if she was alright etc and after 3 emails BLOCKED for no reason whats so ever ! But what she forgot was I have her number !

What I dont understand is I had done nothing or said anything offensive and so to me I had done nothing wrong but what really p**ses me off is the fact that she couldn't be bothered to say she had changed her mind now for me thats so shallow ! So I'm kind a glad I'm well shot of her.

But Hey Ho I'll carry on after all you don't get 9 yes 9 verifications for nothing ! And she had only one and that was a bit dodgy

So my old mate your not the only one !

As I said on my status " Respect and Politeness is a two way street ! " Ladies expect it from us, and deserved to, but show us single guys NONE in return

By *piritsonfabCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

How do you know if you're blocked? When you try to send a message, or something else?

"You know its funny I clicked on here by mistake but now having read the post I have to add this.

I was blocked today by a lady who I've been chatting to over the last what is now 4 days. I thought we where getting on alright bit of banter bit of humour etc on Sat she even suggested we swap numbers and perhaps meet up for a coffee and so Wednesday was pencilled in but today I emailed her to see if she was alright etc and after 3 emails BLOCKED for no reason whats so ever ! But what she forgot was I have her number !

What I dont understand is I had done nothing or said anything offensive and so to me I had done nothing wrong but what really p**ses me off is the fact that she couldn't be bothered to say she had changed her mind now for me thats so shallow ! So I'm kind a glad I'm well shot of her.

But Hey Ho I'll carry on after all you don't get 9 yes 9 verifications for nothing ! And she had only one and that was a bit dodgy

So my old mate your not the only one !

As I said on my status " Respect and Politeness is a two way street ! " Ladies expect it from us, and deserved to, but show us single guys NONE in return "

Hang on, you sent three emails before you were blocked? She didn't reply in this time?

I was looking for a social friend of mine on here and noticed that the blocker wasn't on my friends list any more so I then went to look at her profile just in case it wasn't deleted or anything but I couldn't view it. How ever all of her emails are still in my inbox and still showing her user name and not blank which is what happens when someone leaves.

So I know she blocked me

"Y

Hang on, you sent three emails before you were blocked? She didn't reply in this time?"

Yes that's right and she replied to each of them and yes I always give plenty of time for someone to answer them any way you can check to see if they have been read or not which I always do so no thats not the reason.

"Y

Hang on, you sent three emails before you were blocked? She didn't reply in this time?

Yes that's right and she replied to each of them and yes I always give plenty of time for someone to answer them any way you can check to see if they have been read or not which I always do so no thats not the reason.

"

Maybe you said something she didn't like, maybe she got cold feet, changed her mind. It happens. You might never know the reason.

It's something I do myself on here a lot, when something suffdently puts me off a person.

"Anyone else get this?

I dunno. Probably.

*shrugs*

Blocked.

And I'm not saying why

-Courtney "

Meanie.

By *udiguyMan  over a year ago

harrogate

"Y

"

" i still have her number"

Stalker shit like that maybe??

"Y

Maybe you said something she didn't like, maybe she got cold feet, changed her mind. It happens. You might never know the reason.

It's something I do myself on here a lot, when something suffdently puts me off a person."

Yeah may be your right and that's what I put it down to and to be honest I'm more p'ed off about the fact that she didn't have the nerve to say to me that she had changed her mind or that I had said something wrong. To me that's called Respect but that's a whole different story ! lol

"Y

Stalker shit like that maybe??"

Yes and if you're monitoring the time taken to respond and whether a message has been read or not (most send and forget, or I do) then you may have come across as a bit pushy. I don't know in this case but that's the one main reason I go on to block guys I've been speaking to.

I block people I know I will never want to meet and prefer not to have waste time clicking on their profile again, when for example I see them as veris on another profile.

"

Stalker shit like that maybe??"

Long deleted ! So I cant get myself into trouble any way even if I didn't I wouldn't contact her as if she can treat me like that I'm well shot of her.

"Y

It's something I do myself on here a lot, when something suffdently puts me off a person.

Yeah may be your right and that's what I put it down to and to be honest I'm more p'ed off about the fact that she didn't have the nerve to say to me that she had changed her mind or that I had said something wrong. To me that's called Respect but that's a whole different story ! lol "

Why should she? We're mostly here to meet suitable people at the end of the day and she's obviously decided you weren't. Neither of you owes the other anything. I certainly don't take time out of my day to point out the faults of unsuitable people who message me. Can't be arsed. Onto the next. It really is that simple.

"

Yes and if you're monitoring the time taken to respond and whether a message has been read or not (most send and forget, or I do) then you may have come across as a bit pushy. I don't know in this case but that's the one main reason I go on to block guys I've been speaking to. "

God damned if I do damned if I dont lol no I dont monitoring my emails but I know that some ladies get so many on here that they can get " lost " so if you have a friend on here who you've been talking to and you dont get a answer back say after half hour or so I put it down to the fact that if they are on line and my mail has gone unread I think that its lost and may be either resend it or wait till tomorrow.

I certainly dont demand replies straight away !

Any way why do I feel like I'm the guilty one here who's on Trial ? lol

That's it I'm off ! lol

"

Yes and if you're monitoring the time taken to respond and whether a message has been read or not (most send and forget, or I do) then you may have come across as a bit pushy. I don't know in this case but that's the one main reason I go on to block guys I've been speaking to.

God damned if I do damned if I dont lol no I dont monitoring my emails but I know that some ladies get so many on here that they can get " lost " so if you have a friend on here who you've been talking to and you dont get a answer back say after half hour or so I put it down to the fact that if they are on line and my mail has gone unread I think that its lost and may be either resend it or wait till tomorrow.

Any way why do I feel like I'm the guilty one here who's on Trial ? lol "

Sorry! You did come into a public forum asking for answers....!

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"How do you know if you're blocked? When you try to send a message, or something else?"

When you click on their profile it says:-

You can't view this profile

This profile is not available for you to view.

This can be one of three things: User's account is suspended by admin, user has blocked you or you have blocked user.

"

Sorry! You did come into a public forum asking for answers....! "

Mrs Robinson yes your right I walked into that one lol

Sorry had to reply as I'm laughing my head off so thank you lol That's cheered me up no end

"How do you know if you're blocked? When you try to send a message, or something else?

When you click on their profile it says:-

You can't view this profile

This profile is not available for you to view.

This can be one of three things: User's account is suspended by admin, user has blocked you or you have blocked user."

Right last reply

She wasnt on my friends list when I was looking for someone else so that normally means one of two things either they have deleted their profile or they've blocked me but as I said in my original post her account is still active.

Right bed time me thinks lol

It's best not dwell on it and concentrate your effort elsewhere.

"It's best not dwell on it and concentrate your effort elsewhere."

Like when you're too old to message people.

Yeah a few recently. And you know what, it's really not worth worrying about. You're unlikely to ever be compatible so a block is no great loss to either party.

Move on and focus on those that ARE interested in you. Oh, and counterblock them back. So they can't unblock when you're offline and view you either

By *kindofmagicXXXMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Yep all the time. Don't let it get you down. Used to wonder why myself but now don't worry so much. I don't offend anyone and still get blocked for no reason. It happens

Why worry about it? Seriously it doesn't matter I'm the same if someone unfollows me on twitter etc it makes no difference to my life

In short, nope

"

"

Half an hour?!

That is pretty much expecting an answer straight away

Most people have lives away from here you know?

Do you really expect people to be checking their messages every half hour?

It can take me days to reply to a message and it's certainly more usually hours.

I suspect you may have come across as a bit pushy. I block guys for that too.

"Yep all the time. Don't let it get you down. Used to wonder why myself but now don't worry so much. I don't offend anyone and still get blocked for no reason. It happens"

No you don't. There is always a reason.

You're blocked without an explanation, maybe, but not for no reason.

[Removed by poster at 23/02/16 03:18:35]

"Yep all the time. Don't let it get you down. Used to wonder why myself but now don't worry so much. I don't offend anyone and still get blocked for no reason. It happens

No you don't. There is always a reason.

You're blocked without an explanation, maybe, but not for no reason."

This

As well as pushy guys, I tend to block 'pests'; People who insist on taking up too much of my time and I've no intention of shagging them, ever.

I block loads of people. It's not intended as any sort of insult. It just means I have no interest in chatting with them.

Sometimes it's to stop them showing up in searches and on my local updates page. Serial uploaders of photos I find unappealing get blocked for this quite regularly.

Sometimes it's because I don't want them to be able to see my profile for some reason.

By *adyboy-DaddyCouple  over a year ago

Andover

Have you read your own profile?

No pics and it's all about how much you love sucking cocks.

Nothing wrong with that but it is very specific and lots won't be interested as a direct result and so block you.

Consider it a good thing. They are reading your profile and acting so as not to waste your time.

How do you know you are blocked?

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Just get used to it, it is all part of the fun of this site.

I've been blocked by a few forum users, they live 100+ miles away from me so I wouldn't have messaged them anyway, they have their reasons, obviously I've rubbed them up the wrong way at some point

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"I've been blocked by a few forum users, they live 100+ miles away from me so I wouldn't have messaged them anyway, they have their reasons, obviously I've rubbed them up the wrong way at some point "

Snap

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

There's always a reason, apparent or not

Never understand people who are concerned that they have been blocked by total strangers...concentrate on people who want to meet a d have fun..people block for all kinds of reason starting a thread ranting about them doesn't really but you in good light ...

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

Just curious more than anything, is is straight men, bi men, straight couples, bi couples, or women that tend to be doing the recent spate of blockings?

For example if it is mainly straight men, then do you not think it could be the fact they are straight and don't want messages from men.

Or if women, maybe they prefer straight men.

Or couples that may only be seeking couples.

Without knowing who is blocking you, type message you send to receive the block its impossible to predict why.

If for example you messaged me, after reading your profile i would block as you aren't what I'm looking for at all.

I personally don't give it a second thought if I'm blocked, these are people from the internet that i am not ever likely to meet so why would i care if they block or not

Iv been blocked by some people in the forums just for disagreeing with them about a post

dover

[Removed by poster at 23/02/16 07:27:17]

dover

"Iv been blocked by some people in the forums just for disagreeing with them about a post "

I never click on profiles while in the forum so may well have been blocked for the same reason, but wouldn't know or care

"Iv been blocked by some people in the forums just for disagreeing with them about a post

I never click on profiles while in the forum so may well have been blocked for the same reason, but wouldn't know or care"

Dont get me wrong i dont really care its just a bit pathetic especially when we are 100s of miles apart,but life goes on

"Iv been blocked by some people in the forums just for disagreeing with them about a post

I never click on profiles while in the forum so may well have been blocked for the same reason, but wouldn't know or care"

Same.

I read that in the voice of the sea turtle off finding memo,..

You mean Crush... he totally rocks.. OMG how do I know this shit "

That's the one..

How do you know if someone has blocked you?

You cant see their profile

"How do you know if someone has blocked you?

"

"How do you know if someone has blocked you?

"

A notice on the page saying:

' This profile is not available for you to view.

This can be one of three things: User's account is suspended by admin, user has blocked you or you have blocked user. '

I have a long list of blocked profiles.

"We are only blocked by one regular on the forum , and have no idea why . Oh well .... "
.Just one!!... Are you sure?.... Admin... My block button isn't working!

At least it's only a digital "block" as opposed to a physical one

Imagine being done with a breeze block just because a fellow fabber didn't want to talk to you

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think virtually no blocks will be due to errors and will definitely have a reason.

Blocking is standard practice in fab - read site FAQ etc, to understand its purpose and meaning.

I've been blocked before

Never for no reason though.

I just sometimes don't know it.

By *rMrs-Luv-ItCouple  over a year ago

cwmbranish

4 on our block list due to them being total fuktards then theres a fair few that have messaged us pure abuse then blocked us before we could reply i save those messages there often rather amusing even more so when they decide to un block us months later then message us as though its the first time and quite often we come accross profiles we dont recognise that have blocked us they will have there reasons am sure

( mrs )

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

I was chatting to this nice lady n went to chat to her d next day n found myself blocked bye her . Don't ask me why I did nothing wrong

"I was chatting to this nice lady n went to chat to her d next day n found myself blocked bye her . Don't ask me why I did nothing wrong "

She didn't want to chat to you any more.

There could be all sorts of reasons.

"The only time I know I've been blocked.. Is if someone sends a nasty message.. And then they block me because they have no balls .. I wouldnt know or care if I've been blocked.. Don't question things you can't do anything about.... like you blocked me for no reason ?"

There is never no reason

I can't even be arsed to block them back anymore,

"I was chatting to this nice lady n went to chat to her d next day n found myself blocked bye her . Don't ask me why I did nothing wrong

She didn't want to chat to you any more.

There could be all sorts of reasons. "

She probably went for a crap and wasn't sure if she would ever return. Wanted to tie off loose ends.

By *r Man.Man  over a year ago

London

Well I've just blocked you,

So i suggest you just get over it

Just got my first that ive noticed i feel like ive finally made it. Even if he is only joking

It's odd to look at a profile that you've never had contact with, to find yourself blocked.

But more to the point, why does it bother us? It bothers me for a nanotechnology second.

Got blocked by an English couple I never even interacted with on the forum.

No chance I'd ever meet them so I thought it was quite amusing

I block for various reasons.

It's nobody else's business but mine why I've blocked someone.

"I block for various reasons.

It's nobody else's business but mine why I've blocked someone."

But whyyyyyyyyy

But whyyyyyyyyy "

I'm blocking you for even asking that.

I'd block you twice if I could!!

I'm blocking every fucking one of you.

Because I can.

But whyyyyyyyyy

I'm blocking you for even asking that.

I'd block you twice if I could!! "

Yeah click it twice.

Block...

Unblock...

"I can't even be arsed to block them back anymore, "

Oh I do. If they want to block me, I'll stay blocked.

No sneaky unblocking to send a shitty message followed by reblocking.

"I can't even be arsed to block them back anymore,

No sneaky unblocking to send a shitty message followed by reblocking. "

^^ this

^^ this "

I hadn't thought of that surely people can't be that arsed to do it though? if they thought I was worth the bother doing that why block in the first place

"I block people I dont want to meet. Saves everyone time and awkward messages"

Same here ! After saying no thanks, they always turn up again 2 months later asking the same question

By *kindofmagicXXXMan  over a year ago

Bristol

All the time. You will get used to it

We noticed today a couple of other regular posters on the forums blocked us .

Absolutely distraught here now .... Not !

You can't please everyone and it's a tool we all use .

But whyyyyyyyyy "

In your case, it was one too many y's in why

^^ this

I hadn't thought of that surely people can't be that arsed to do it though? if they thought I was worth the bother doing that why block in the first place "

Yes, some people actually do that

» Add a new message to this topic