FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > memory cards for mobiles

memory cards for mobiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reelove1969 OP   Couple  over a year ago

bristol

I have a Samsung galaxy ace phone and would like to buy a memory card to store music on..don't know the first thing about phones so don't have a clue what to buy ...there are micro so cards ..so cards ... no idea what all of this means ...is anyone able to give me a few pointers please so that I don't buy the wrong one .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just Google MicroSD card. Get a branded one like Samsung or Sandisk as they're reliable. Get as big as you can afford, you can find 64GB for £15 or so on some websites.

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

most phones (except iphones, where to upgrade the storage you buy a new phone) use the micro sd format, but check your manual or look on-line, then take your pick from the thousands of cards available

Phones have micro SD cards, you can triple your memory with them.

Any phone shop will sell them. Or ebay

Take it to the store that is your service provider. Buy one, ask them to fit it. Problem solved. By sandisk or similar. Biggest memory u can afford if u have a lot of apps, pics, and vids.

SD is the type of card (secure digital), micro is the physical size of it.

You only need to know what size card your phone takes and buy whatever size of memory you want. The higher the numer, in gb, kb or mb, the more storage there is in it's memory.

bristol

Thanks to everyone for all the great replies ...it's been a huge help ..will go take a look now

If you go to Amazon, paste this into the search "Samsung Memory 64 GB Evo MicroSDXC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card with SD Adapter".

It'll fit your phone and it's good value.

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

"Phones have micro SD cards, you can triple your memory with them.

Any phone shop will sell them. Or ebay "

Yeah, if you want to connect an external adaptor to the Lightning port = neat solution - not!

let us know which one you're thinking of getting if you're still not sure and we'll make sure it works for your phone.

bristol

I'm going to go for samsung to be safe ... I also have a Samsung tablet so will get one for that too ...just trying to decide if 32 or 64 will be best

Yeah go for class 10. Whatever size you think you need

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

Check that your phone will take a 64g card, some won't recognise anything bigger than 32...

"Check that your phone will take a 64g card, some won't recognise anything bigger than 32..."

Oh yeah good point

To give you a clue, a 32gb card would hold over 6000 mp3s.

By *heclitmaster84Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Check cex if you have one in your town there cheap there x

By *ullbackbuttMan  over a year ago

Purton

Check you manual or the Samsung website. It should tell you your maximum size. Samsung are very fussy about the size of the sd card.

Message me if you need help.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Check that your phone will take a 64g card, some won't recognise anything bigger than 32..."

I fully agree. Some phones are limited to the maximum capacity card that can be used. I thin micro SDXC are faster than some other formats like SDHC.

Personally, I always go for the biggest amount of storage space my phone will accept, mainly because I download loads and loads of podcasts, programs and keep my phone backed up regularly on the SD card.

You can never have to much memory space, and apps can eat it up quicker than you'd think.

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

I've been looking at this today

And it's not just the cards memory size you want to look at, it's also how quickly it can allow information to be stored to it and read back.

(I think most important is the speed information is stored, otherwise it will slow down say the speed you can take pics or video quality)

UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card

Argos do sell them, jessops, prices vary alot, but look at like for like not just the memory size.. (it's not just the size that matters )

I have a iPhone 6 Plus

I back up my photos to Flickr automatically

My files are kept in Microsoft cloud

Music kept in iCloud

No need for extra storage and no need to worry if I lose the phone losing all my pictures etc

"I've been looking at this today

And it's not just the cards memory size you want to look at, it's also how quickly it can allow information to be stored to it and read back.

(I think most important is the speed information is stored, otherwise it will slow down say the speed you can take pics or video quality)

UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card

Argos do sell them, jessops, prices vary alot, but look at like for like not just the memory size.. (it's not just the size that matters ) "

Never found that to be much of an issue with android to be honest. Generally the read write speeds as set by the stock ROM are lower and thats usually the cause for any delays.

» Add a new message to this topic