FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Does anyone feel

Does anyone feel

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Like modern life is designed to entrap you into the system and keep you from doing anything for yourself. I feel like fab is a small way to break away from the norm

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I think it can do that but it is possible to not be in that 'trap'

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

No, everyone is free to start with. People set their own restraints and only they can set themselves free..... It takes courage, some do and flourish

"No, everyone is free to start with. People set their own restraints and only they can set themselves free..... It takes courage, some do and flourish"

I like your thinking

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Good luck in your quest

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

"Like modern life is designed to entrap you into the system and keep you from doing anything for yourself. I feel like fab is a small way to break away from the norm "

I think if you think fab is a break from the norm, it's a little sad. Its very normal, and nothing too 'out there' at all, just another way of keeping people in their place ... trapped in the system. The only way to fight the system is from within ... or as they used to say, ' the revolution begins in your own heart'. To me, some of this world is akin to watching the soaps or reading celeb magazines, a way to divert people from thinking about the real things that can make a difference. Now, what's for dinner?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Like modern life is designed to entrap you into the system and keep you from doing anything for yourself. I feel like fab is a small way to break away from the norm

I think if you think fab is a break from the norm, it's a little sad. Its very normal, and nothing too 'out there' at all, just another way of keeping people in their place ... trapped in the system. The only way to fight the system is from within ... or as they used to say, ' the revolution begins in your own heart'. To me, some of this world is akin to watching the soaps or reading celeb magazines, a way to divert people from thinking about the real things that can make a difference. Now, what's for dinner?"

For many of us fab is a break away from the norm. It isn't part of my everyday life. I'm not sure why you would see that as sad?

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It's easier to do your own thing when you're alone.

I feel trapped. I'd love to get a decked out van/camper and travel, I just need the start up funds

"It's easier to do your own thing when you're alone. "

In deed

"I feel trapped. I'd love to get a decked out van/camper and travel, I just need the start up funds"

Like your thinking

SW London

"Like modern life is designed to entrap you into the system and keep you from doing anything for yourself. I feel like fab is a small way to break away from the norm

I think if you think fab is a break from the norm, it's a little sad. Its very normal, and nothing too 'out there' at all, just another way of keeping people in their place ... trapped in the system. The only way to fight the system is from within ... or as they used to say, ' the revolution begins in your own heart'. To me, some of this world is akin to watching the soaps or reading celeb magazines, a way to divert people from thinking about the real things that can make a difference. Now, what's for dinner?

For many of us fab is a break away from the norm. It isn't part of my everyday life. I'm not sure why you would see that as sad?"

Surely there are other ways of breaking away from the norm? Plus I actually think its quite mainstream, certainly swinging has become so compared to ten years ago or so .... it's certainly not part of our daily life, even though we met on here, thankfully every other part of our relationship and lives together has become more important. I think the point I was making was also more related to the OP .... if fab is a way of escaping from the entrapment of the system, I don't think it is, I think it is one of the many ways to keep people happy with their lot ....

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Like modern life is designed to entrap you into the system and keep you from doing anything for yourself. I feel like fab is a small way to break away from the norm "

It's easy to get on the treadmill and hard to get off especially if you have people who depend on you.

Fab is certainly one way to step off briefly

Forum Mod

East Sussex

For many of us fab is a break away from the norm. It isn't part of my everyday life. I'm not sure why you would see that as sad?

Surely there are other ways of breaking away from the norm? Plus I actually think its quite mainstream, certainly swinging has become so compared to ten years ago or so .... it's certainly not part of our daily life, even though we met on here, thankfully every other part of our relationship and lives together has become more important. I think the point I was making was also more related to the OP .... if fab is a way of escaping from the entrapment of the system, I don't think it is, I think it is one of the many ways to keep people happy with their lot .... "

Are you saying that swinging is a form of social control?

I'm quite new to fab, so maybe that's why it seems that way. I guess it depends on your perspective like most things

Surely there are other ways of breaking away from the norm? Plus I actually think its quite mainstream, certainly swinging has become so compared to ten years ago or so .... it's certainly not part of our daily life, even though we met on here, thankfully every other part of our relationship and lives together has become more important. I think the point I was making was also more related to the OP .... if fab is a way of escaping from the entrapment of the system, I don't think it is, I think it is one of the many ways to keep people happy with their lot .... "

Of course there are other ways but i don't see what is sad about seeing fab as a bit of escapism. When i meet someone from here i don't have to think about work, or what homework needs to be done by which child, or what's for dinner etc etc.....I'm not sure who has meant to have created this to keep me happy with my lot? I don't understand the argument.

SW London

Deviation within societal norms is not really deviation. It's a bit like the only way some people can cope with the mundane-ness of everyday reality for some people. Anything anyone uses for those purposes is sad, I think ...

"Like modern life is designed to entrap you into the system and keep you from doing anything for yourself. "

Nope.

Technology and modern travel gives you access to anywhere and everything.

"Deviation within societal norms is not really deviation. It's a bit like the only way some people can cope with the mundane-ness of everyday reality for some people. Anything anyone uses for those purposes is sad, I think ..."

So anyone who does anything to enhance their existence is sad?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Deviation within societal norms is not really deviation. It's a bit like the only way some people can cope with the mundane-ness of everyday reality for some people. Anything anyone uses for those purposes is sad, I think ..."

Does society consider swinging the norm? In my opinion it doesn't.

I also don't consider people finding ways to make life less mundane sad.

SW London

"Deviation within societal norms is not really deviation. It's a bit like the only way some people can cope with the mundane-ness of everyday reality for some people. Anything anyone uses for those purposes is sad, I think ...

So anyone who does anything to enhance their existence is sad?"

I am sure there are more positive and productive ways to enhance one's existence

"Deviation within societal norms is not really deviation. It's a bit like the only way some people can cope with the mundane-ness of everyday reality for some people. Anything anyone uses for those purposes is sad, I think ...

So anyone who does anything to enhance their existence is sad?

I am sure there are more positive and productive ways to enhance one's existence"

Of course there are but why shouldn't swinging be one of them? If it isn't to enhance then why would anyone do it?

There is no trap so deadly as the trap you set for yourself.

-

Raymond Chandler, The Long Goodbye

Not really, I've just set my life up so that's it's mostly how I want it. You don't have to rail against "the system" - if there's an aspect of the way you live that you really don't like, it's usually in your power to change it.

I don't think I quite meant personally, I think some aspects have due to the influences of others. I think this seems to be the attempt of the higher powers on society in general

"Not really, I've just set my life up so that's it's mostly how I want it. You don't have to rail against "the system" - if there's an aspect of the way you live that you really don't like, it's usually in your power to change it."

That's how I feel.

There's plenty of reasons to get pissed off about stuff. Seemingly that's where many people stop.

But there's so much that you can do when you are determined and take control. You can't change everything, but you can make changes.

My life isn't mundane to me. I use Fab because I like sex

"No, everyone is free to start with. People set their own restraints and only they can set themselves free..... It takes courage, some do and flourish"

Spinoza argued that there's no such thing as free will, and that we're all part of a whole that operates according to its nature. It was a strong argument. Check it out.

Anyways.. Going back to OP's point.... Yes, in a way

Very profound.. For fab!! :_)

"My life isn't mundane to me. I use Fab because I like sex"

Just for the record i don't feel I'm entrapped by the system and i don't have a mundane life....i just don't think anyone using fab as a bit of escapism from the norm is sad. And the bit of society i live in certainly doesn't consider swinging the norm!

I'm not 100% sure I totally get the OP but I feel that modern life actually gives you more tools to break free from the day to day.

"I'm not 100% sure I totally get the OP but I feel that modern life actually gives you more tools to break free from the day to day."

I gotta agree this site does exactly that.

No.

I just go my own way- never fitted in or toed the party line x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think there are many aspects of life today that can sweep you along. Humans are social tribal animals and we go along with others, the social norms are somewhat too compelling.

I always remain focused on what my objectives are - the bigger ones as well as the smaller. If my lifestyle doesn't fit those, then I break away. My health and relationships are the key priorities for me. It's easy for those to suffer, if we don't care for ourselves that well.

I've had success and financial wellbeing and could earn and work more. I'd sooner give up some time and care for people who have just a short time to live. And to focus upon what's important to me.

I'm not a Paleo diet supporter but I do admire the qualities that some earlier generations had. We can have the same or something different, if we just put our minds to it.

"I feel trapped. I'd love to get a decked out van/camper and travel, I just need the start up funds"

this is one of my intentions . I had put curtains in my mpv . Sletp out in it once and it was boltic . Like really f'in boltic . Being a mechanic id find work no problem where ever i park it . And be able to keep my car on the road

but if only i had the funds and a nice curvy ladie to help keep me warm :-/

Modern life tells us all how we should live . How we should judge . What a person is expected to look like .

Thats the sad fact .

I see the forums as an escape .

I like to think of you all as a friendly bunch . Sure we have all had our disagreements on certain things. But thats life .

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I'm free to do what I want any old time

www.youtube.com/watch?v=38j7p5WWNV0

I think it encourages independence on authority yeah. With it's slogans that mean nothing, in real words, but they do mean do what we want.

The internet not being censored is one way that we can get away from all that though, where they've lost control a little.

» Add a new message to this topic