FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A rant about dummies getting spat...

A rant about dummies getting spat...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *thwalescpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

brecon

Right... these here forums are to discuss various swinging, and non-swinging topics.

There are rules about starting threads, and rules about general content etc, and rules about posting replies to threads.

Sometimes a thread does start to degenerate into a bit of a bitch fest, unles like me (aint I the angel lol!) you just let the odd snotty comment go and smile the smile of the vengeful plotter lol!

So, to the point of my little diatribe...

I fekkin hate it when someone starts a thread that we all know is gonna tread on thin ice, (like this one probably is!!) and then whines like a bitch when its pulled, either cos of the subject matter, because of the posts it engendered, or maybe a mixture of the two.

Then they start another thread, perhaps having a pop at the mods, or claiming such things as "there's no freedom of speech in the forums" or, "it was a perfectly innocent thread", when everybody is fully aware that this is bollocks!

Truth is, mods pull some replies before anyone sees them, and when the thread starts to attract more of the same inappropriate content, or it starts to get out of hand, it gets yanked... simples.

Now, I have had the odd run-in with the system myself, but, on the whole, I think it runs ok, it will never be perfect but overall its not so bad!!

So, in summary, if you wanna play the martyr, go help the folks in Eygypt out, otherwise just fekkin take a chill pill!!

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

best just to laugh at the threads/posts that are created to antagonise.

usually comes back and bites the offender in the bum.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bite me bite me

"Bite me bite me"

nom nom nom *nibbles*

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

Nothing to add, just wanted to post before this thread gets tugged.

Babbabooey babbabooey babbabooey.

I'm off to schmoke some salvia now.

I agree with the OP and it drives me mad too, but I have to say that I have also seen these additional threads started up and sometimes these threads have been started by long term forum members.

Now the threads I am referring to I obviously cant quote and admittedly I have giggled at the additional thread, and it was started not completely out of spite but out of a sense of fun but neverthless it was done to "take a pop" out of someones statement or answer on another thread.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Not entirely sure what the Op is trying to say.

The 'incitement' threads are spotted a mile off and attract opprobrium from all and sundry - it's like Pavlovs Dogs.

The mods on here do a pretty good job (speaking as one who has fallen foul of them) and only pull comments or threads when there's no option.

The biggest problem is posters with half-baked/half-arsed/half-witted comments who only attract more sharks to the waters...

..and then complain like fuck about being 'attacked' on the forums.

"

Truth is, mods pull some replies before anyone sees them, and when the thread starts to attract more of the same inappropriate content, or it starts to get out of hand, it gets yanked... simples.

"

If only there was a 'like' button just like facebook.

100% agree here.

S.

"Not entirely sure what the Op is trying to say.

The 'incitement' threads are spotted a mile off and attract opprobrium from all and sundry - it's like Pavlovs Dogs.

The mods on here do a pretty good job (speaking as one who has fallen foul of them) and only pull comments or threads when there's no option.

The biggest problem is posters with half-baked/half-arsed/half-witted comments who only attract more sharks to the waters...

..and then complain like fuck about being 'attacked' on the forums.

"

There are a lot of them about which is a shame. Also some real numskulls who just like to moan about any thread they possibly can. It makes amusing reading i guess.

"Right... these here forums are to discuss various swinging, and non-swinging topics.

There are rules about starting threads, and rules about general content etc, and rules about posting replies to threads.

Sometimes a thread does start to degenerate into a bit of a bitch fest, unles like me (aint I the angel lol!) you just let the odd snotty comment go and smile the smile of the vengeful plotter lol!

So, to the point of my little diatribe...

I fekkin hate it when someone starts a thread that we all know is gonna tread on thin ice, (like this one probably is!!) and then whines like a bitch when its pulled, either cos of the subject matter, because of the posts it engendered, or maybe a mixture of the two.

Then they start another thread, perhaps having a pop at the mods, or claiming such things as "there's no freedom of speech in the forums" or, "it was a perfectly innocent thread", when everybody is fully aware that this is bollocks!

Now, I have had the odd run-in with the system myself, but, on the whole, I think it runs ok, it will never be perfect but overall its not so bad!!

So, in summary, if you wanna play the martyr, go help the folks in Eygypt out, otherwise just fekkin take a chill pill!! "

would the person you are reffering to be Crass ?? Its a free forum people are allowed to post a toppic of there choosing.

I see no star on your profile.As such i do not see what right you have to make judgement against another user. Maybe it would be best you pm the person you appear to have a personal grudge with rather than put your post in the forums.

some things remind me of that programme the word not so much id do anything to be famous more id do anything to court popularity. Personally im happy just sippin on a jds in the background.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Just three small points to make......you don't need a star against your name to have an opinion and to post it.

I don't see a personal grudge anywhere, but an observation of what goes on on the forums.

And would you want him to contact you on this name or your Crass one?

Sometimes it's the most innocuous sounding threads that degenerate into bedlam, and yes the Mods are quick to remove offensive comments and lock threads.

It just appears at times, and this is my personal perception, is you can have two similar posts, one will be pulled completely and the other allowed to run because it's by someone "popular".

The same with photos...

"Just three small points to make......you don't need a star against your name to have an opinion and to post it.

I don't see a personal grudge anywhere, but an observation of what goes on on the forums.

And would you want him to contact you on this name or your Crass one?"

Why would i want him to contact me on either said what i wanted to say to him openly in chat in the wales chat room earlier... yes i am crass

[Removed by poster at 06/02/11 10:06:41]

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

oh dearie me...

this is where it all gets silly.

The word blancmange.

Now thats silly

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

buffoon is too

Using a different profile to post, with or without the intention to stir (usually it is the former), once another has been blocked is always frown upon!

"buffoon is too "

I like the word crockery. And completely unrelated but films of sausagedogs

I do look like a Buffoon today yukky de yuck yuk yuk

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Using a different profile to post, with or without the intention to stir (usually it is the former), once another has been blocked is always frown upon! "

Sometimes people assume others are blocked though to be honest.

brecon

"Just three small points to make......you don't need a star against your name to have an opinion and to post it.

Why would i want him to contact me on either said what i wanted to say to him openly in chat in the wales chat room earlier... yes i am crass "

I haven't blocked him on any of his profiles, and I agree with the last four words of his posts!

At times you have to take what some say with a binch of salt .... as some get off no winding people up ... its how thay get off ....... and sit there and look and hope people will post and back them up with there _iews or make a game out of it. ..... some know what thay are doing and thay love it. As its a game a mind game and if you let them into your head you can end up mixed up and up-set yourself ...... End of the day you have to be true to yourself here and dont go down to there levels. jo xxx

By *aren19681Woman  over a year ago

Stockport

[Removed by poster at 06/02/11 12:33:35]

It is rude to spit!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Why would i want him to contact me on either said what i wanted to say to him openly in chat in the wales chat room earlier... yes i am crass "

okay... that made no sense.... did you just try to defend him and his statement but in the then you admitted to being him...

far too early on a sunday for me.... sham of a mockery of a mockery of a sham I think....

brecon

"would the person you are reffering to be Crass ?? Its a free forum people are allowed to post a toppic of there choosing.

I see no star on your profile.As such i do not see what right you have to make judgement against another user. Maybe it would be best you pm the person you appear to have a personal grudge with rather than put your post in the forums."

Its a free forum, people have are allowed to post a topic of their choice.... i do not see what right you have to make judgement against another user, ...... bit of a contradiction there?

There is no personal grudge, but I doubt you will believe that. I had been intending to post something along these lines for a while and I guess your thread was the final straw. You seem to have set yourself up as "Its me against the world", but getting banned multiple times on different profiles just indicates to me that you court trouble.

By *aren19681Woman  over a year ago

Stockport

"Using a different profile to post, with or without the intention to stir (usually it is the former), once another has been blocked is always frown upon! "

The person has more than one profile because he plays as a single male in Manchester and also a couple profile because he plays as a couple in south wales and the North west. Why is this frowned upon ?

They have many friends within the south wales swinging scene from holding parties.

I think if you have been booted off with one profile then that means the other one should be booted off too if you have been banned

""would the person you are reffering to be Crass ?? Its a free forum people are allowed to post a toppic of there choosing.

I see no star on your profile.As such i do not see what right you have to make judgement against another user. Maybe it would be best you pm the person you appear to have a personal grudge with rather than put your post in the forums."

Its a free forum, people have are allowed to post a topic of their choice.... i do not see what right you have to make judgement against another user, ...... bit of a contradiction there?

There is no personal grudge, but I doubt you will believe that. I had been intending to post something along these lines for a while and I guess your thread was the final straw. You seem to have set yourself up as "Its me against the world", but getting banned multiple times on different profiles just indicates to me that you court trouble.

"

cool down x dont get upset he will love to think you are chill and say F ---- you x and forget it ,, x next week you will look back and think whats F--- was this all about .. crap ,, lol just crap xx kisses xx

Edinburgh

I'm perplexed.

Because i think that some people may be mixing up the username 'crass' with some people acting in a 'crass' manner on some of the posts and their actions being described as 'crass'.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Forgive me if i am wrong but i thought it was against the rules to mention anothers username in a post? You appear to refer to the op contacting the person by name.

As you have made refernce to crass then i assume it is ok for me to mention names to?

"

I think you will find I was answering a post to which the person mentioned the name first. As it is the same person, I don't think he or I are naming and shaming.

I have had to take your post off as you have mentioned other names now who the said poster didn't name.

What I will say though is, just to confirm for anyone who is interested.

If a person gets banned from the forums then ANY accounts they have get banned also. It won't matter if they have broken rules on those accounts, but until or if any ban is lifted, then all profiles get a ban on it.

Now sometimes mods don't realise straight away, so the 2nd and even thried ban on a persons mulitple profiles might not be instant, just when it is either reported by someone or it suddenly dawns on a mod.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"oh dearie me...

this is where it all gets silly."

and it continues...........

Edinburgh

BINGO!

I'm changing my username to 'You are a fucking cunt'.

Thus killing two birds with one stone - Saving me the time & effort of telling those who are, and at the same time avoiding any forum infringements.

Sometimes my thinking borders on genius.

"BINGO!

I'm changing my username to 'You are a fucking cunt'.

Thus killing two birds with one stone - Saving me the time & effort of telling those who are, and at the same time avoiding any forum infringements.

Sometimes my thinking borders on genius."

you may not get alot of mail , in your box doing that.

I'm in ROM.

brecon

I think its best if this thread was now pulled, other people are getting their posts pulled because they are attacking people and dragging others in too.

Edinburgh

"I think its best if this thread was now pulled, other people are getting their posts pulled because they are attacking people and dragging others in too."

You make it sound like that is in some way unusual.

brecon

"I think its best if this thread was now pulled, other people are getting their posts pulled because they are attacking people and dragging others in too.

You make it sound like that is in some way unusual."

Lol, true, but I didnt expect people from other areas to wade in and start trouble between us and others not directly involved (comment got yanked).

I know after all this time on here nothing should surprise me, but the speed with which it gets out of hand and others dive in is still a bit of a shocker!

Why would i want him to contact me on either said what i wanted to say to him openly in chat in the wales chat room earlier... yes i am crass

I haven't blocked him on any of his profiles, and I agree with the last four words of his posts! "

Edinburgh

"I think its best if this thread was now pulled, other people are getting their posts pulled because they are attacking people and dragging others in too.

You make it sound like that is in some way unusual.

Lol, true, but I didnt expect people from other areas to wade in and start trouble between us and others not directly involved (comment got yanked).

I know after all this time on here nothing should surprise me, but the speed with which it gets out of hand and others dive in is still a bit of a shocker! "

May I politely and respectfully refer you to my comment above.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

A few posts have been removed on this thread not just one, and the last post removed wasn't naming or abusing anyone on this thread, it was naming someone who wasn't on the thread.

Now I don't know if there are issues going on between certain people, but if there is you are probably better off blocking each other then ignoring each others posts.

Having said that, if the thread was started to have a pop at one certain person, then it was worded well, as lets face it, it can apply to a fair few forumites.

As always I am now going to be boring and say.....if anyone has a problem with why a thread was deleted or your post was deleted you can either mail a mod if they have shut it or use the CONTACT button at the bottom of the page to speak to Admin.