FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Weight loss

Weight loss

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi would anyone have any tips on losing weight ? Or like to give me insensitive to lose some ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Use more calories than you take on.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Hi would anyone have any tips on losing weight ? Or like to give me insensitive to lose some ?"

Eat less , move more.

Exercise more - use a pedometer and aim for more steps per day. They were giving them away at one stage. Can't remember where now.

Less carbs more protein and look at your portion sizes.

Join a slimming group or join online for recipes.

Sarah

i found it hard to lose weight as I wasn't sure what to eat.

so I got a app for my phone called myfitnesspal. I set myself a target of a 1000 cals a day and this app helps you see whats in what you are eating caloric wise. then you just add on what you are doing excise wise. i.e walking.

No bread,sugar or beer

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Reduce the carbs intake ie: less bread

By *andp01Couple  over a year ago

here n there

"Hi would anyone have any tips on losing weight ? Or like to give me insensitive to lose some ?"

Eat less move more

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

Simplistically (as has been said already) eat less, move more.

Portion control

Reduce bread and sugar intake

Walk lots. Then increase duration / intensity of exercise. Depends where you're starting really.

Him

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

More sex burns calories

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"i found it hard to lose weight as I wasn't sure what to eat.

so I got a app for my phone called myfitnesspal. I set myself a target of a 1000 cals a day and this app helps you see whats in what you are eating caloric wise. then you just add on what you are doing excise wise. i.e walking."

That's a ridiculously low amount of calories a day!

How much are you looking to lose? If it's just a little bit, I think something like my fitness pal is a good idea. If it's a lot, then it can be a really long hard slog on your own and difficult to keep motivated and that's where slimming groups can help, even if it's only an online community that you join in with.

Have a look at the 5-2 intermittent fasting diet . I have lost 2 stone on it so far and now does not feel like a diet more a lifestyle change .

so I got a app for my phone called myfitnesspal. I set myself a target of a 1000 cals a day and this app helps you see whats in what you are eating caloric wise. then you just add on what you are doing excise wise. i.e walking.

That's a ridiculously low amount of calories a day! "

That's what i thought! I use that and it recommended 1200 calories a day for me. I thought men needed more calories than women so that does seem really low.

Kent

That's a ridiculously low amount of calories a day!

That's what i thought! I use that and it recommended 1200 calories a day for me. I thought men needed more calories than women so that does seem really low."

1200 is still pretty low even for a woman. I used an online calculator to work out mine. Mfp seems to chuck out 1200 for everyone x

Works really good for men , if you use it in conjunction with a calorie tracker like my fitness pal I really does do the trick .

Always remember though , always check with doctor etc about dieting . Good clean food veg , fruit , non processed meats and a good balance of carbs , proteins , sugars and fats .

By *rcticFoxxxWoman  over a year ago

Hereabouts

Be ill for 4 months with no appetite. Worked for me

[Removed by poster at 18/02/16 13:15:46]

You have stay under 2000kcal and cut out all the beer, focus most on protein, use myfitnesspal app to track the macros. And exercise 5 times a week at least with weights and 30min of cardio aday.

When I lost weight years ago they put me on a diet of around 1400 per day and it worked pretty well!

Is that still the accepted norm? Would like to know as I'm planning to start my spring/summer diet/exercise plan on Monday! Xx

"How much are you looking to lose? If it's just a little bit, I think something like my fitness pal is a good idea. If it's a lot, then it can be a really long hard slog on your own and difficult to keep motivated and that's where slimming groups can help, even if it's only an online community that you join in with. "

I've joined online as its difficult to get to a group and its been surprisingly easy to follow so far.

Sarah

Kent

"When I lost weight years ago they put me on a diet of around 1400 per day and it worked pretty well!

Is that still the accepted norm? Would like to know as I'm planning to start my spring/summer diet/exercise plan on Monday! Xx"

1400 sounds OK,I'd start at 1500 for a couple of weeks and If you lose then stick to that for a while, if you get stuck after a few weeks you can cut another 100

"When I lost weight years ago they put me on a diet of around 1400 per day and it worked pretty well!

Is that still the accepted norm? Would like to know as I'm planning to start my spring/summer diet/exercise plan on Monday! Xx

1400 sounds OK,I'd start at 1500 for a couple of weeks and If you lose then stick to that for a while, if you get stuck after a few weeks you can cut another 100"

Ok thanks Hun! Will do!

By *irceWoman  over a year ago

Gloucester

Walk....and walk.....it works but not whailst eating a mars bar

Kent

1400 sounds OK,I'd start at 1500 for a couple of weeks and If you lose then stick to that for a while, if you get stuck after a few weeks you can cut another 100

Ok thanks Hun! Will do! "

It's always good to leave yourself somewhere to go if you hit a wall. Also if you can get an exercise dvd to do at home If you don't have time for the gym. The 30 day shred is a great one and it's only about 20 mins

Ok thanks Hun! Will do!

It's always good to leave yourself somewhere to go if you hit a wall. Also if you can get an exercise dvd to do at home If you don't have time for the gym. The 30 day shred is a great one and it's only about 20 mins "

30 days sounds good - then I can get back into my normal gym routine!

It's patience and motivation I'm trying to get back! Used to be brill at it! Xx

"How much are you looking to lose? If it's just a little bit, I think something like my fitness pal is a good idea. If it's a lot, then it can be a really long hard slog on your own and difficult to keep motivated and that's where slimming groups can help, even if it's only an online community that you join in with. "
about 2stone I think

Thanks guys much appreciated will look into different things . My problem is I dont like veggies boo hoo

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Eat less, move more...who would have guessed. Eye opener for me when I tried it!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Hi would anyone have any tips on losing weight ? Or like to give me insensitive to lose some ?

Eat less , move more. "

Beat me to it!

How insensitive do you want us to be lard arse?

Kent

"Thanks guys much appreciated will look into different things . My problem is I dont like veggies boo hoo "

No veggies at all??

"Walk....and walk.....it works but not whailst eating a mars bar "

I have brought a tread mill so hoping to walk a mile a day then increase it as I go thanks xx

"Thanks guys much appreciated will look into different things . My problem is I dont like veggies boo hoo

No veggies at all?? "

Peas carrots some salads but not cabbage broccoli etc

"Thanks guys much appreciated will look into different things . My problem is I dont like veggies boo hoo

No veggies at all?? "

Peas carrots some salads but not cabbage broccoli etc

[Removed by poster at 18/02/16 14:00:03]

Kent

No veggies at all??

Peas carrots some salads but not cabbage broccoli etc "

That's OK. Some is better than none. Do you like peppers? I make chilli with passata and low fat mince beef then stuff peppers and stick it in the oven or You can buy carrot spaghetti from tesco or get a spiralizer and make your own makes a great alternative to pasta.

» Add a new message to this topic