FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anemia advice...

Anemia advice...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just curious if anyone else has experience with it?

I've recently been diagnosed with it after having the symptoms for a while but I never put two & two together. I'm on iron tablets and I'm going to take supplements, but does anyone else have tips on how to get better more quickly? I'm sick to death of constantly feeling lethargic & having my hair fall out.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think its more controlled thru a well balanced diet ?

"I think its more controlled thru a well balanced diet ? "

I have a well balanced diet but my iron level's still low.

Lots of green leafy veg, fish, nuts etc and vitamin c helps your body absorb iron

im Anemic, have an under active thyroid and i have sleep apnea..

id love to know what its like to have energy

if the colour of your bowel actions goes black dont panic,, its normal if your on the red iron tabs

There's lots of advice online or your gp as there may be underlying causes that our advice may not be suitable for. I'm just going by what i was told when i was anemic but mine was due to a huge blood loss following child birth and no underlying conditions/other medications

"I think its more controlled thru a well balanced diet ? "

Can see you didn't go to medical school lol it's not at all controlled by a well balanced diet.

Yup another Anaemic Annie here. Definitely agree with the leafy greens. Channel your inner Popeye and eat your spinach. It helps me when I feel a bit wiped out.

Hope you feel better OP. Take it easy!

Yes had it all my life.

Dont have caffeine within an hour of your supplements. Vitamin c will help your body absorb the iron better. It can take months to get your iron levels back up. If your not feeling better in a few weeks get re checked i still sometimes have problems absorbing and they dont know why.

Taking zinc will help with your hair xx

Some people get constipated some get diorhea. Your body will get used to it though xx

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

My dad has too much iron and has to have blood taken every much we all had to get tested for it however it seems in more common in males than females. I get anemic during that time of the month and take iron supplements during that week.

When my ex was expecting her iron was low and they recommended special k - apparently its one of the best sources of iron

Are your periods heavy?

A pint of Guinness a day, red meat,dark green veg, special k, weetabix, kellogs cornflakes and believe it or not baby jar food x

By *abphilMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"Yes had it all my life.

Dont have caffeine within an hour of your supplements. Vitamin c will help your body absorb the iron better. It can take months to get your iron levels back up. If your not feeling better in a few weeks get re checked i still sometimes have problems absorbing and they dont know why.

Taking zinc will help with your hair xx"

Well iron levels are very complex and sorting it out can be frustrating because there are that many reasons why. I feel like a pin cushion at the moment lol, but its for sure that it wipes you out if your iron is low

Thanks lovelies apparently the only problem is that my red blood cell count is low.

In queries to whether my periods are heavy or not, they're quite light & always have been... though on the slightly heavier days I feel more lethargic than normal, but they are so light that I can barely fill a regular tampon in eight hours... sorry boys for that information.

"Yes had it all my life.

Taking zinc will help with your hair xx

Well iron levels are very complex and sorting it out can be frustrating because there are that many reasons why. I feel like a pin cushion at the moment lol, but its for sure that it wipes you out if your iron is low

"

Yeah they have never solved mine xx

"Thanks lovelies apparently the only problem is that my red blood cell count is low.

In queries to whether my periods are heavy or not, they're quite light & always have been... though on the slightly heavier days I feel more lethargic than normal, but they are so light that I can barely fill a regular tampon in eight hours... sorry boys for that information. "

Heacy periods are the most commom but not the only reason xx

By *abphilMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"Thanks lovelies apparently the only problem is that my red blood cell count is low.

In queries to whether my periods are heavy or not, they're quite light & always have been... though on the slightly heavier days I feel more lethargic than normal, but they are so light that I can barely fill a regular tampon in eight hours... sorry boys for that information. "

The knock ons are just mad potassium levels etc

Leafy veg is a good source of iron as is red meat. Taking the iron tablets with orange juice is advisable, the vitamin C should help with absorbing the iron.

» Add a new message to this topic