FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Strange Ebay experience.

Strange Ebay experience.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *umpkin OP   Man  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I`m puzzled and angry. It MAY be my fault but here goes.

I was watching an item on Ebay that didn`t have a single bid on it. With five minutes to go I loaded my top bid into the appropriate box and not wanting to show my hand waited until there was 15 seconds to go! With still no bids I hit the bid button and ...... everything froze! By the time I had realised what was happening, reloaded my bid and got back to the item bidding had closed and the item had sold for the opening bid! I know you can get these things where you can automatically keep bidding until you have won the item but that doesn`t seem to be the case this time. Am I the "victim" on a freak incident e.g. both bidding at the same time and knocking a bid out or is there a new thing that secretly blocks bids now?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Just sounds as though your bid didn't go through in time.

That's what happens when you leave it to the end if you had done it a bit sooner you could of reloaded it.

I had a woman last week I his, bought, paid and received an item she messaged me to say she hasn't received payment and promptly opened an unpaid item case against me

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Or you've clicked on a phishing page / malicious code page.

"Or you've clicked on a phishing page / malicious code page."

All seems good! Seller has several different items from the same source (spares from a dismantled tractor)and is based in the right "sort" of area.

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

ebay used to be just one bid and it was yours once you pressed submit great for guzumping people at the last second

then they changed it to 2 bids and some its up to 3 before it damn bids on an item

just dont use anything slow like a laptop or a bad wifi connection some lose due to this

its caught me out on a change when I bided on something

"ebay used to be just one bid and it was yours once you pressed submit great for guzumping people at the last second

then they changed it to 2 bids and some its up to 3 before it damn bids on an item

just dont use anything slow like a laptop or a bad wifi connection some lose due to this

its caught me out on a change when I bided on something "

Really p*ssed off as I was prepared to bid more than the "winning" bid. Sounds like I got caught by the new "system" then Gaz

Oh no, I used to get a real kick out of bidding at the last minute, my best time was 3 seconds.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

That made me laugh so much! 'Spares for a tractor' for Mr Bumpkin

You've been sniped.

I'm normally a last ten seconds bidder and more often than not I do get what I'm after.

But every now and then my bid doesn't go through and that's mainly due to the internet signal/connection. Mostly I tend to bid on my smartphone in my living room where even though I have fast WiFi you do get the odd drop or sluggish moment every now and then. Obviously sods law says its gonna be at the very moment you want it especially if youre just sat idly watching the time tick down.

I know that but just take the chance it could happen every now and then even though I could bid on my hardwire connected PC but I guess I leave it to fate

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

yeah you probably did do _umpkin the third one is annoying, when it asks you are you sure is this your highest bid you want to make.

ive been caught out on that one a few times

» Add a new message to this topic