FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > apology and saying sorry

apology and saying sorry

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *erekduvall OP   Couple  over a year ago

swansea

is there a difference between saying sorry and apologising?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

depends how you go about it sorry can just be a word to some people and it can be overused, apologising takes more than one word

I say sorry quite a lot..I find that I don't apologise as much as I should

By *inkershoes69Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

cant get that word out!!! xx

"is there a difference between saying sorry and apologising?"

It's usually a function of degree. People often say 'sorry' to someone they bump into on the street but it wouldn't require an apology.

People can also say 'sorry' for something they haven't done, as in 'I'm sorry that happened to you'.

I used to drive my children nuts if they said sorry in their non commital manner.. with my acidic 'Sorry for hurting me or sorry for being caught out?' response...

I'm not familiar with either!

I'll say sorry to keep the peace and make my life easier even if I don't mean it and still feel I am in the right.

I'll only apologise if i feel I have done something wrong,am contrite and feel I have learned something from it.

In some circles saying sorry is only accepted as mealy acknowledging you have made a mistake and your sorry you’ve been seen to do so, rather than accepting reasonability for the situation or problems your mistake has caused,,,

However to actually apologise, can be recognised as the acknowledgement of accepting blame in causing a negative impact to others who have been unfairly effected by the mistake you’ve made.

Whereby your apology becomes a demonstration that you are being seen to accept culpability and display remorse for the negative impact your mistaken actions or inaction’s have caused…

Its generally accepted that an apology containing the word "IF" is not a genuine apology

Well thats one way of looking at it…..and who knows….theres maybe heaps of other ways too… IDK

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

For me... if I say "I'm sorry" then I mean it. If I say "I apologise" I don't really mean it!

I apologise if I believe I might have been wrong, and I say sorry when I know I am in the wrong.

» Add a new message to this topic