FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Time going faster as we get older

Time going faster as we get older

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

So why do you think time goes quick?

According to this.... http://youtu.be/aIx2N-viNwY ..... It could be because of repetition.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Interesting theory. New experiences will always stimulate as will travel. Got to keep looking forward.

But boy am I sick of steak chicken or fish as options in most restaurants

That seven minute video went very quickly.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I always thought it was down to your perception impacted by the time you have been alive.

e.g. to a five year old a year is a fifth of their life and feels almost unquantifiably long. To a 50 year old a year is 1/50th of their life and their perception of that year is fleeting in comparison.

As we get older we have more to do,thus not noticing the minutes tick by. Pensioners sleep a lot because,if they didn't,each day would feel like an eternity.

By *r H and Good PetCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"I always thought it was down to your perception impacted by the time you have been alive.

e.g. to a five year old a year is a fifth of their life and feels almost unquantifiably long. To a 50 year old a year is 1/50th of their life and their perception of that year is fleeting in comparison."

^This is the theory that makes most sense to me.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It's because the periods of time you experience are smaller proportions of all the time you've had.

Supposing you were 5 years old. 1 year is a fifth of your life. If you're 50, 1 year is only a fiftieth so proportionally is less so appears to go faster.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

"It's because the periods of time you experience are smaller proportions of all the time you've had.

Supposing you were 5 years old. 1 year is a fifth of your life. If you're 50, 1 year is only a fiftieth so proportionally is less so appears to go faster."

Are you stealing _unky monkeys ideas Steve...

I thought time was a constant.

Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 11/02/16 12:33:26]

Nottingham

"It's because the periods of time you experience are smaller proportions of all the time you've had.

Supposing you were 5 years old. 1 year is a fifth of your life. If you're 50, 1 year is only a fiftieth so proportionally is less so appears to go faster.

I thought time was a constant. "

It is!

But perception isn't a constant.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I thought time was a constant. "

You won't believe this but I posted without reading the thread and we chose the same time scale!!!

He's made me look like a right worn out dildo

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I thought time was a constant.

You won't believe this but I posted without reading the thread and we chose the same time scale!!!

He's made me look like a right worn out dildo "

You total tit!

Mind, it's scary how similar those posts are it's like we are one, soul mates, bros from different hoes yo xxx

» Add a new message to this topic