FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Any Advice

Any Advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uperock99 OP   Man  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I been offered a job in Japan for a year but put it off on various occasions & reasons but now deciding whether to go in the in the spring or summer.

Anbody lived there before and can tell me what's it like to live out there?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I haven't but a very close family member has lived there happily for twenty years. They have a good standard of living and enjoy life. It is very different culturally and the word inscrutable is apt

Forum Mod

East Sussex

However I should add that things aren't as good economically as they once were.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A relative lived there and is possibly moving back.

It's pricey, and culturally very different. Watch Anthony Bourdain on his visits there, should be clips on YouTube.

if you are going for a year - does it make any difference what time you go - you will see all four season ???

"if you are going for a year - does it make any difference what time you go - you will see all four season ???"

This was my thought!

Exciting though

Jealous.

Good luck!

My dad used to work out there and I have a number of friends that were based out there for a number of years. The population is very nice, although the culture is very different to here, it's very much family based and politeness is definitely a massive part.

I remember my dad telling me about a time in a department store where they had ladies in the lift telling people when it stopped on each floor what was on there and where to find it, not something you'd find over here.

Its also more reserved but I'm sure the people you will be working with will take the time to show you around and advise you about places to visit etc. It's a lovely place.

Milton Keynes

"I haven't but a very close family member has lived there happily for twenty years. They have a good standard of living and enjoy life. It is very different culturally and the word inscrutable is apt "
well I understand the cultre is different and can adabt but what is it like for an outsider to get on with them

Milton Keynes

"if you are going for a year - does it make any difference what time you go - you will see all four season ???"
that's when I make a decistion to go or not to give me time to reflect lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I haven't but a very close family member has lived there happily for twenty years. They have a good standard of living and enjoy life. It is very different culturally and the word inscrutable is apt well I understand the cultre is different and can adabt but what is it like for an outsider to get on with them"

In general the Japanese are welcoming to westerners and you will be in great demand with the women and people will approach you in the street to practice their English. It does depend on where you go of course but if you go with an open attitude you will be welcomed and treated with respect.

Milton Keynes

"I haven't but a very close family member has lived there happily for twenty years. They have a good standard of living and enjoy life. It is very different culturally and the word inscrutable is apt well I understand the cultre is different and can adabt but what is it like for an outsider to get on with them

In general the Japanese are welcoming to westerners and you will be in great demand with the women and people will approach you in the street to practice their English. It does depend on where you go of course but if you go with an open attitude you will be welcomed and treated with respect."

cool I like that idea of respect and the women lol it's in Osaka

"I haven't but a very close family member has lived there happily for twenty years. They have a good standard of living and enjoy life. It is very different culturally and the word inscrutable is apt well I understand the cultre is different and can adabt but what is it like for an outsider to get on with them

In general the Japanese are welcoming to westerners and you will be in great demand with the women and people will approach you in the street to practice their English. It does depend on where you go of course but if you go with an open attitude you will be welcomed and treated with respect."

Yes, they do definitely like to practice their English, they learn it over there so the locals do like to use their knowledge when they can.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

In general the Japanese are welcoming to westerners and you will be in great demand with the women and people will approach you in the street to practice their English. It does depend on where you go of course but if you go with an open attitude you will be welcomed and treated with respect. cool I like that idea of respect and the women lol it's in Osaka"

Ah right. The Japanese women that I know like the company of western men because their attitude is very different (of course this is a massive generalisation and not true of every man or woman). You will soon realise that you can't read Japanese people in the same way and just when you think you have it sussed something will happen to make you realise you really haven't .

Go and I hope you enjoy.

Milton Keynes

Looks like after a year of being there could be a teacher of English and stay lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Looks like after a year of being there could be a teacher of English and stay lol"

Do you have a teaching English as a foreign language qualification? It isn't as easy as it once was due to the economic downturn, people aren't taking lessons like they used to.

Milton Keynes

"Looks like after a year of being there could be a teacher of English and stay lol

Do you have a teaching English as a foreign language qualification? It isn't as easy as it once was due to the economic downturn, people aren't taking lessons like they used to."

no ! Just saying that would be good if I could lol cause they want to be taught for free otherwise

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Looks like after a year of being there could be a teacher of English and stay lol

Do you have a teaching English as a foreign language qualification? It isn't as easy as it once was due to the economic downturn, people aren't taking lessons like they used to. no ! Just saying that would be good if I could lol cause they want to be taught for free otherwise "

Oh right sorry.

» Add a new message to this topic