FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > my wall paper

my wall paper

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Following on from soxy and the tacky thread, I'm in a dilemma, I've just got round to starting the decorating in my bedroom, and the last people left the most shocking purple leopard print wall paper, the problem is, I've grown to quite like it lol, its in good condition, and I can decorate the test if the room without damaging it (its only on two walls and I'm only going to keep it on one) but my dilemma is, what colours do I go with for the rest if the room? It's my bedroom so I want it to be quite dark, but I'm stumped

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Very light grey.

By *arksMan  over a year ago

in the centre

My daughter has the same paper , Amethyst from Homebase goes well with it , not to dark and compliments the wallpaper nicely

"Very light grey."

It's git a very light blue in there at the moment, it looks shit, and its too light, I was thinking dark blue, but I don't know

"My daughter has the same paper , Amethyst from Homebase goes well with it , not to dark and compliments the wallpaper nicely "

I've just had a quick look, its what is up there now, I'm sure if it

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Leopard Print and you want to get rid of it?

"Leopard Print and you want to get rid of it? "

I did but now its proving harder to keep it, even though I now strangely love it, might have to go full on 70s pimp and start wearing kimono and high karate, I'm sure I could find a medallion from somewhere LOL

Oatmeal...

Greys are really in at the moment.. How dark you can go depends on how much light enters room. If you have a large south facing window you can go as dark as you no problem. If you have a duller room you can still go dark as long as your woodwork and ceiling are white...

If you have dark room and dark wood I would stay away from dark colours unless you are looking for a dungeon...

Egyptian cotton is a nice colour not too dark not too light.

P.S im a decorator not just trying to be a smart arse

Hope this helps

Black

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Blues are cold and I'd suggest warmer colours, as well as restful and calming for a bedroom. Blood red?

Soft autumnal hues, allowing the autumn of your day to be spent feeling at peace with all. I also like colours to complement your own tones and disposition.

I've no walls that are anything other than painted - I don't do papering. But fabrics I have used. The right material adds another dimension to a room. Beautiful fabrics that soften harsher building lines and are great to caress too, when inspired. Even silks may offer something sensuous to your private cocoon. Otherwise some rugs and woven adornment may offer the complementary feel to the room. Noise abating and relaxation - fabrics will add levels of benefit above and beyond the initial wow factor.

You could also frame some esteemed clothing, showcasing your wares and taste, either subtly highlighted over your walls, or positioned to contrast - a little way to reflect the many uses of a woman's boudoir.

» Add a new message to this topic