FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > If you're not local....

If you're not local....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *evaquit OP   Couple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

then don't bother contacting us.

We see this often on profiles and it got us thinking. See, we don't meet locals and prefer to travel for our meets or meet out of towners, even if we we're likely to meet locals we wouldn't be meeting on a regular basis due to our limited time. We don't mind travelling so distance isn't really an issue for us. So out of curiosity why do some of you guys not meet anyone who isn't local? Just interested to hear the reasons why, thanks in advance.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"then don't bother contacting us.

We see this often on profiles and it got us thinking. See, we don't meet locals and prefer to travel for our meets or meet out of towners, even if we we're likely to meet locals we wouldn't be meeting on a regular basis due to our limited time. We don't mind travelling so distance isn't really an issue for us. So out of curiosity why do some of you guys not meet anyone who isn't local? Just interested to hear the reasons why, thanks in advance. "

im guessing theres varius reasons . Biggest one being that most blokes wpuld usually travel to end of tge earth for sex .

Some maybe travelled ngit let down whilst others cant be arsed travelling far for it

id travel for the right meet

I suppose it's because they are hoping for something regular and that's much more likely (even though not guaranteed) with someone local.

i think it depends on where peole live as well as other reasons. I only meet very locally to me as i have very little free time and dont drive,but im in a very highly populated area close to london so it isnt a problem for me.

For me it's because I don't drive and I want sex regularly with the same guys, not a one off random meet so looking locally is best for me.

I would travel within reason if it was the sort of meet/people I was looking for

"I suppose it's because they are hoping for something regular and that's much more likely (even though not guaranteed) with someone local. "

this is a better answer and also the case

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

If someone is travelling to them I don't know.

I don't travel for the sexual meets, simply because I don't drive and they usually take place in the evening and I want to meet at home anyway.

The most local guy I see is 50 mins away and not sure how far the furthest is

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I meet locally to where I stay regularly for work.

We see this often on profiles and it got us thinking. See, we don't meet locals and prefer to travel for our meets or meet out of towners, even if we we're likely to meet locals we wouldn't be meeting on a regular basis due to our limited time. We don't mind travelling so distance isn't really an issue for us. So out of curiosity why do some of you guys not meet anyone who isn't local? Just interested to hear the reasons why, thanks in advance. "

Some people are dreamers too. Imagine travelling for a meet and finding they don't show....nightmare. I wouldn't travel to a meet buy I live near Heathrow so I don't need to luckily. X

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

About an hour to hour and half is the average distance for the guys I see the most. So what's that 50-70 miles?

[Removed by poster at 08/02/16 18:35:46]

Some friends I know have said in the past they specify local only for a number of reasons including ease of travel, child care arrangements, wanting some one as a regular meet who can arrive quickly for when they are wanting a quicky etc etc

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

Because I am very lazy

I don't have that stated on mine but do say I won't drive more than 30 miles.... Due to not being too far away if any family emergencies should occur... On the flip side I won't meet anyone less than 5 miles away...

By *aeriequeenWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

I would prefer regular meets and also I think it adds pressure to a meet..higher expectations

I live in a small town were everyone knows each other.Kick one and they all limp so to speak!

I've no idea, however,Lincoln is a nice run out from catthorpe - just saying

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Because the first meet is always just for a coffee in a public place and since I turn down those I don't list after in the flesh I don't want any tantrums about how far they travelled.

And I like regular repeat meets. If I get the horn it's great to be able to send off a text and then be at it like the Duracell bunny half an hour later

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

I wouldn't meet someone who had travelled a long way to meet me, in case I didn't find him attractive. There would be too much pressure on me to play, because of the trouble he had gone to. Fortunately, living in easy travelling distance of a big city means there are plenty of local guys in easy travelling distance. If we don't click at a social meet, then it's easy to say that I won't be taking things further.

For me it is cos I do bodybuilding which is a 24 7 job, so I got no time to travel, meal prepping takes up lots of time lol, that's why I want someone local

I do worry about inviting men from any distance away for a social incase I don't fancy them. I don't like wasting people's time so I only meet locals or men traveling with work x

We see this often on profiles and it got us thinking. See, we don't meet locals and prefer to travel for our meets or meet out of towners, even if we we're likely to meet locals we wouldn't be meeting on a regular basis due to our limited time. We don't mind travelling so distance isn't really an issue for us. So out of curiosity why do some of you guys not meet anyone who isn't local? Just interested to hear the reasons why, thanks in advance.

Some people are dreamers too. Imagine travelling for a meet and finding they don't show....nightmare. I wouldn't travel to a meet buy I live near Heathrow so I don't need to luckily. X"

same for me..i'd worry about travelling somewhere then for whatever reason,having to find my way home on public transport late at night...

By *uzzybeWoman  over a year ago

Darlington

"Because the first meet is always just for a coffee in a public place and since I turn down those I don't list after in the flesh I don't want any tantrums about how far they travelled.

And I like regular repeat meets. If I get the horn it's great to be able to send off a text and then be at it like the Duracell bunny half an hour later "

Exactly this....

I don't mind travelling but would prefer a stay over to avoid the drive home straight after the meet,

I have looked local and to be honest most don't interest me and the ones that do are not interested in me, My looks/Height or being a single male etc,

It's the same with looking out of town but there is more Women to find a mutual attraction

I wouldn't mind traveling but it's got to be a realistic distance. 50 miles or so is probably my limit.

Don't have much more to add really

Far rather travel. It avoids awkwardness I guess.

By *evaquit OP   Couple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"I would prefer regular meets and also I think it adds pressure to a meet..higher expectations"

Ha! This really does resinante with us, hmmm, can definitely see how this would play a huge part, a bit awkward to disappoint when they've travelled so far, can see why you wouldn't want to put yourself in that situation, makes a lot of sense.

Great responses, definitely curbing the curiosity.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I've had men offer to drive four hours or more to meet me.

I'd feel terrible if they turned up and I didn't fancy them though, so I never agree.

If I really want to meet someone who lives a long way away, I'll usually suggest we meet halfway between where we live initially. And it's always made very plain that nothing is guaranteed, or expected, if, when we meet one of us, or both of us, do not want to continue.

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

For us, C's time is very limited. So unless we're away overnight at a club or party then our meets need to be local.

I do have a bit more free time so I'm a little more flexible.

I do find it strange that a lot of people from the midlands look at us, I'm not travelling that far!

I used to have that old saying on my singles profile about distance but do you know what? One day this bloke from Harlow messaged me asking me out on a date (miss cc's thread) and instead of looking at the distance I was hooked from the first message, were 50 miles away and see each other when we can but three months later, were still together (I know this thread was probably meant for 'meets' and not 'dating' but I'm glad I took a chance and didn't let the distance bother me (for long!)

G x

I love travelling it doesn't bother me, every meet I've organised I've turned up for I've done Glasgow ,exmouth ,Tewkesbury ,Buxton ,Manchester ,Southend ,Wrexham

» Add a new message to this topic