FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > eating out of habit

eating out of habit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

because its lunchtime or because you are hungry - just made me think after the lunch thread - i really only eat when im hungry but have one or two friends that see food at work when feeding the residents and just eat because its there - one in particular is desperately trying to lose weight but just cant say no - keeps saying shes starving -

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I eat cos of purpose, to get them calories in as I do bodybuilding lol, but yes I do enjoy it

" because its lunchtime or because you are hungry - just made me think after the lunch thread - i really only eat when im hungry but have one or two friends that see food at work when feeding the residents and just eat because its there - one in particular is desperately trying to lose weight but just cant say no - keeps saying shes starving - "

Food addidiction? ??

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

" because its lunchtime or because you are hungry - just made me think after the lunch thread - i really only eat when im hungry but have one or two friends that see food at work when feeding the residents and just eat because its there - one in particular is desperately trying to lose weight but just cant say no - keeps saying shes starving - "

Her body is used to eating a certain amount of food, when she cuts down she will experience this sadly.

"eating out of habit"

I thought that this was going to be about lesbian nuns

" because its lunchtime or because you are hungry - just made me think after the lunch thread - i really only eat when im hungry but have one or two friends that see food at work when feeding the residents and just eat because its there - one in particular is desperately trying to lose weight but just cant say no - keeps saying shes starving -

Her body is used to eating a certain amount of food, when she cuts down she will experience this sadly."

shes a drinker too which doesnt help - shes asked us to dish out tough love and nag her not to eat as much - if she could shrink her stomach it would help but as she says shes basically a greedy pig - we all not eating the extra nibbles and all losing weight except her -

"eating out of habit

I thought that this was going to be about lesbian nuns "

haha - nice thought

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

It's really hard but you have to retrain yourself. I don't think I have the off switch that tells me when I'm full. I never realised how much of my life (as does everyone) actually revolves round food.

Now most of the time I just have a little something when I'm hungry but I also know I have to have some calories not to late after I've got up otherwise I don't feel to well.

But I eat like a bird now.

However, I still have my moments. Proof was one day last week I bought a large bag of m&ms and I'd eaten without even thinking.

Biggest thing for me was writing everything that went in my mouth down and then at the end of the day your conscious of what you eat

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

I eat out of boredom. My work is dull, and there is food around constantly. A woman comes round with a trolley laden with sandwiches and crisps in the mornings and cakes in the afternoon. I'm 5 metres from a vending machine and downstairs we have a staff restaurant. Colleagues also bring in all manner of crap. Baked goods, biscuits, chocolates etc. It's easy to eat crap all day long and it aggrieves me.

I take healthy snacks to work to nibble on. Carrots, bananas, sea food sticks, hard boiled eggs etc. Willpower waivers but on the whole i'm better than I was.

I'm well aware of the trap your colleague is in. It's about breaking the habits.

I think this is more common than people like to admit. I know I can be guilty of it. It part of the reason I try to be doing something with my hands (like knitting) and why I just choose not to buy too much junk food. It I buy it, I will eat it - and usually when I'm bored.

-Courtney

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I'm trying to decide if I can last until morning without eating anything else.

I've no healthy food in and don't want to go out because it's blowing a gale.

I haven't eaten much today, and I do feel a bit hungry, but then again, I'm trying to adjust to feeling a little hungry all the time.

I'm trying to weigh up whether I'll be able to cope, bearing in mind I have to be up for several hours yet to get stuff done, or if I'll break down in a few hours and eat a load of junk.

And if I decide the risk is too great, I then need to decide what to do about it.

The naughty part of my brain is yelling, "if you're going to break down and eat junk anyway, just order a takeaway now".

The naughty part of my brain is not helpful.

I'm similar but I wouldn't say it's habit for me - it's more like a lack of contentment.

I eat meals when hungry.. But do tend to pick when bored

"I eat meals when hungry"

Revolutionary. You maverick!

Plus if you keep thinking that you need to not eat in order to lose weight, your body will only turn on you and tell you that you're more hungry than you really are.

Certain foods repress hunger. Others stimulate hunger.

I eat when I'm bored. But I've replaced chocolate biscuits for bananas and grapes now

"Plus if you keep thinking that you need to not eat in order to lose weight, your body will only turn on you and tell you that you're more hungry than you really are.

Certain foods repress hunger. Others stimulate hunger."

I've managed with eating very little for 4 weeks or so without my body throwing any major tantrums. I've lost around a stone so far.

Ok, so half of that will be water, but still.

I have taken the not eating very much to an extreme today though.

"Plus if you keep thinking that you need to not eat in order to lose weight, your body will only turn on you and tell you that you're more hungry than you really are.

I've managed with eating very little for 4 weeks or so without my body throwing any major tantrums. I've lost around a stone so far.

I have taken the not eating very much to an extreme today though."

Well done. I know how hard it can be. Best I did was losing 2.2kg per week. First half of the day was fruit and yoghurt smoothies and nuts. The rest was eggs or beans, then I cheated at the weekend.

Was hallucinating fried chicken for the first week lol

If you drink water every two to three hours it helps, if you're hungry.

"I'm trying to decide if I can last until morning without eating anything else.

I've no healthy food in and don't want to go out because it's blowing a gale.

I haven't eaten much today, and I do feel a bit hungry, but then again, I'm trying to adjust to feeling a little hungry all the time.

I'm trying to weigh up whether I'll be able to cope, bearing in mind I have to be up for several hours yet to get stuff done, or if I'll break down in a few hours and eat a load of junk.

And if I decide the risk is too great, I then need to decide what to do about it.

The naughty part of my brain is yelling, "if you're going to break down and eat junk anyway, just order a takeaway now".

The naughty part of my brain is not helpful."

I felt the same and didnt want to go out ..I had an oxo in boiled water and feel fine now or bovril if you have any ...I forgot how nice and filling they are x

Well done. I know how hard it can be. Best I did was losing 2.2kg per week. First half of the day was fruit and yoghurt smoothies and nuts. The rest was eggs or beans, then I cheated at the weekend.

If you drink water every two to three hours it helps, if you're hungry."

I'm drinking loads of water and I'm adding soluble fibre to some of it.

I doubt I can continue this long term - I get bored too easily - but for now it's ok.

Because I am eating a very low carb diet, I am in ketosis, which helps me not to feel hungry too, (and is another reason I have to drink plenty). My body actually runs pretty well on ketones.

If you drink water every two to three hours it helps, if you're hungry.

I'm drinking loads of water and I'm adding soluble fibre to some of it.

I doubt I can continue this long term - I get bored too easily - but for now it's ok.

Because I am eating a very low carb diet, I am in ketosis, which helps me not to feel hungry too, (and is another reason I have to drink plenty). My body actually runs pretty well on ketones."

Boredom is a bitch, I agree. You have to save up a lot of willpower lol however...

Hunger suppressants:

Eggs, nuts, yoghurt, bananas, kelp (sea).

Kelp can also be bought in powdered form. Rehydrate a spoonful in some water and add to a smoothie in the blender. Won't taste it in the slightest. Not only will it suppress hunger, it has most of your day's recommended dose of iodine, which will boost your metabolism and overall welbeing

By *aeBabeWoman  over a year ago

London

A guy at work just last week saw me at the coffee machine in the morning and said:

"I was just thinking about you"

- ok

"Yeah, I was just thinking, she's going to have her eggs this morning. Do you know what I call that?"

- breakfast?

" Comfort eating".

-

"Yeah, I use to do that, but now I've controlled myself".

-

Apparently eating breakfast is comfort eating.

"Kelp can also be bought in powdered form. Rehydrate a spoonful in some water and add to a smoothie in the blender. Won't taste it in the slightest. Not only will it suppress hunger, it has most of your day's recommended dose of iodine, which will boost your metabolism and overall welbeing"

I'll remember this, because I just ordered a Nutri Ninja. Thanks for the tip.

"Kelp can also be bought in powdered form. Rehydrate a spoonful in some water and add to a smoothie in the blender. Won't taste it in the slightest. Not only will it suppress hunger, it has most of your day's recommended dose of iodine, which will boost your metabolism and overall welbeing

I'll remember this, because I just ordered a Nutri Ninja. Thanks for the tip."

Best of luck. Let us know how it's going

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

" because its lunchtime or because you are hungry - just made me think after the lunch thread - i really only eat when im hungry but have one or two friends that see food at work when feeding the residents and just eat because its there - one in particular is desperately trying to lose weight but just cant say no - keeps saying shes starving -

Her body is used to eating a certain amount of food, when she cuts down she will experience this sadly.

shes a drinker too which doesnt help - shes asked us to dish out tough love and nag her not to eat as much - if she could shrink her stomach it would help but as she says shes basically a greedy pig - we all not eating the extra nibbles and all losing weight except her -

"

I know how she feels. Im back on slimming world and it's difficult. I find it easier at work but home is a struggle. I cook good meals but if I'm bored I munch biscuits etc. I don't buy them but then my sweet tooth kicks in.

"Kelp can also be bought in powdered form. Rehydrate a spoonful in some water and add to a smoothie in the blender. Won't taste it in the slightest. Not only will it suppress hunger, it has most of your day's recommended dose of iodine, which will boost your metabolism and overall welbeing

Best of luck. Let us know how it's going "

I was told the other day that I post so much that everyone knows my life story, so I'm sure that won't be a problem

I was told the other day that I post so much that everyone knows my life story, so I'm sure that won't be a problem "

LOL I do kind of know you already after a couple weeks in the forums

I was told the other day that I post so much that everyone knows my life story, so I'm sure that won't be a problem

LOL I do kind of know you already after a couple weeks in the forums "

Only the superficial shit. Except my cats. They aren't superficial.

There's far more to me than anyone sees on here.

i might suggest the writing it down food diary thing to her - she eats more in 'just haves' at work than i eat in a day - but says i only had 2 slices of wholemeal toast for bf -

LOL I do kind of know you already after a couple weeks in the forums

Only the superficial shit. Except my cats. They aren't superficial.

There's far more to me than anyone sees on here."

Of course. This is the Internet. You could say the same for most people. And some cats...

Speaking of life. Going to go see if it's done buffering

» Add a new message to this topic