FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > BookFace

BookFace

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering, those posts that are really obvious maths questions or asking you to type a comment to "see" some amazing thing... what does anyone gain by it?

I never do as I once read that the originator gets your email address, which could be rubbish!!

No technophobe here...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Those things get on my tits along with all the quizzes that gain your personal information. There are stories that are supposed to be real life but are ads for diet products or something else they are trying to flog.

Theres only really one that gets on my nerves . What do you call this wer yr from ? . Its bread all day long lol

When they get a lot of replies their posts are 'bumped' as more important on everyone's feed.

So the post gets more views, more comments and more likes, and if you're making money on FB then this is fairly important.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"When they get a lot of replies their posts are 'bumped' as more important on everyone's feed.

So the post gets more views, more comments and more likes, and if you're making money on FB then this is fairly important."

How do they make money? Through advertising?

"When they get a lot of replies their posts are 'bumped' as more important on everyone's feed.

So the post gets more views, more comments and more likes, and if you're making money on FB then this is fairly important.

How do they make money? Through advertising? "

Possibly. Mostly it will be through clicks to pages outside of fb, hence all the clickbait on these type of pages as well.

» Add a new message to this topic