FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > If I could walk with the animals, talk with the animals

If I could walk with the animals, talk with the animals

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

...would you still eat them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"...would you still eat them?

"

That is a good question

I don't eat them anyway

-Courtney

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

You would be a Man United Fan

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"

Yes, but I was raised in the countryside, so technically I did.

If you could hear a carrot whimpering as you approached it with your spade, would you? Or do only certain living things 'count'?

Mr ddc

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I saw a sad looking dog the other day... I said how do you feel .. He said "rough"

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Is a strawberry alive or dead

Yeah Ofcause. But 1st I'd ask it what it would like to be cooked in x

If you could hear a carrot whimpering as you approached it with your spade, would you? Or do only certain living things 'count'?

Mr ddc"

I was thinking along those lines, do farmers feel any anxiety or pain when the time comes to slaughter the animals they've raised? Is it just one of those things you just suck up and get on with, or do you purposely avoid getting too close to them as they grow up, knowing this time will come?

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

Mr ddc

I was thinking along those lines, do farmers feel any anxiety or pain when the time comes to slaughter the animals they've raised? Is it just one of those things you just suck up and get on with, or do you purposely avoid getting too close to them as they grow up, knowing this time will come?"

Farm were went as a kid up to my late teens the Farmer would give them cow cake and Black treacle the night before they went

Derbyshire

"

Mr ddc

I was thinking along those lines, do farmers feel any anxiety or pain when the time comes to slaughter the animals they've raised? Is it just one of those things you just suck up and get on with, or do you purposely avoid getting too close to them as they grow up, knowing this time will come?"

My thinking has always been that if one is going to kill and eat an animal, it is beholden on you to make sure that it has had the best possible life, and that it dies in the most humane way possible.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I would tell the starlings to stop shitting on my bonnet

H2G2 Restaurant at the End of the Universe

http://youtu.be/Opnv8J9QPx8

I don't consume any animal products. If animals could talk, I'm sure they'd ask us 'Why?'

Mr ddc

I was thinking along those lines, do farmers feel any anxiety or pain when the time comes to slaughter the animals they've raised? Is it just one of those things you just suck up and get on with, or do you purposely avoid getting too close to them as they grow up, knowing this time will come?Farm were went as a kid up to my late teens the Farmer would give them cow cake and Black treacle the night before they went "

That's quite sad, and makes me wonder why, if we're capable of making such gestures, how we're able to go through with the process of killing, or turn a blind eye to those who do it for us so we can enjoy our steaks?

It makes me wonder if we sometimes choose to be wilfully ignorant of things around us, as we'd rather reap the benefits rather than answer to the our inconvenience of our compassion?

"

Mr ddc

I was thinking along those lines, do farmers feel any anxiety or pain when the time comes to slaughter the animals they've raised? Is it just one of those things you just suck up and get on with, or do you purposely avoid getting too close to them as they grow up, knowing this time will come?

My thinking has always been that if one is going to kill and eat an animal, it is beholden on you to make sure that it has had the best possible life, and that it dies in the most humane way possible.

"

It also makes me think of Ned Starks (exceptionally poignant) 'He who passes the sentence should swing the sword' quote, how many of us could eat that burger if we'd been the one to butcher the cow?

Mr ddc

I was thinking along those lines, do farmers feel any anxiety or pain when the time comes to slaughter the animals they've raised? Is it just one of those things you just suck up and get on with, or do you purposely avoid getting too close to them as they grow up, knowing this time will come?Farm were went as a kid up to my late teens the Farmer would give them cow cake and Black treacle the night before they went

That's quite sad, and makes me wonder why, if we're capable of making such gestures, how we're able to go through with the process of killing, or turn a blind eye to those who do it for us so we can enjoy our steaks?

It makes me wonder if we sometimes choose to be wilfully ignorant of things around us, as we'd rather reap the benefits rather than answer to the our inconvenience of our compassion?"

Course people do. It's easier to put your hands over your ears and go 'la la la' than to do some research into what you're paying people to do to animals.

Mr ddc

I was thinking along those lines, do farmers feel any anxiety or pain when the time comes to slaughter the animals they've raised? Is it just one of those things you just suck up and get on with, or do you purposely avoid getting too close to them as they grow up, knowing this time will come?Farm were went as a kid up to my late teens the Farmer would give them cow cake and Black treacle the night before they went

It makes me wonder if we sometimes choose to be wilfully ignorant of things around us, as we'd rather reap the benefits rather than answer to the our inconvenience of our compassion?"

Not at all, there's compassion in farming, but realism too.

They're raising an animal that is destined to be consumed.

But they care about them, raise and nurture them, and ultimately despatch them. And (most) do this to the very best of their abilities

Hakuna Matata

I don't eat them....

Mr ddc

I'm sure if people had to kill it,then alot of people wouldn't eat it.

Derbyshire

"

Mr ddc

It also makes me think of Ned Starks (exceptionally poignant) 'He who passes the sentence should swing the sword' quote, how many of us could eat that burger if we'd been the one to butcher the cow?"

Very true, but as humans so much of what we do has an impact on animal and plant life that we choose to ignore.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

"

i dont

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Never give a name to something you might be forced to eat.

*intones head gravely*

"

Mr ddc

It also makes me think of Ned Starks (exceptionally poignant) 'He who passes the sentence should swing the sword' quote, how many of us could eat that burger if we'd been the one to butcher the cow?

Very true, but as humans so much of what we do has an impact on animal and plant life that we choose to ignore.

"

Its the same with wars, wealth and power distribution too, like a few weeks ago, I was looking at a photograph of various colourful donuts, a whole beautiful rainbow of designs and decorations. Then it struck me that in some places in the world, people are lucky to be able to eat ANYTHING at all such is the poverty they live in, whereas we get the choice of deciding which COLOUR or donut we'd like.

It makes you think doesn't it?

Could not possibly eat anything I've just held a conversation with. This does not apply to women, but in my defence I'm not actually eating the woman, I'm merely performing oral sex.

I feel sorry for the live lobsters who are in the tank with people looking at them deciding whether to cook them alive and eat them. I wonder if the lobsters know. If I was a lobster I would pick an obese mate and hide behind him. Then if I still got picked I would do a massive lobster poo. Hopefully they would say "that lobster is a dirty bastard" and pick my mate instead

I think if you've been brought up in a rural lifestyle, as I was, then you're appreciative of what farming is, how hard a life it is, and you know what it's like to raise and kill the animals.

One thing I'm disappointed at is the loss of the local abattoir.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

"

It also makes me think of Ned Starks (exceptionally poignant) 'He who passes the sentence should swing the sword' quote, how many of us could eat that burger if we'd been the one to butcher the cow?"

Of course I could ; and I have raised pigs and chickens and sheep, and they have had names, and I have personally killed, butchered and eaten them....

Derbyshire

"

It makes you think doesn't it?"

It makes me think how lucky we are.

(Followed by: "are vegetarians allowed to eat the pink ones?" )

Derbyshire

"I think if you've been brought up in a rural lifestyle, as I was, then you're appreciative of what farming is, how hard a life it is, and you know what it's like to raise and kill the animals.

One thing I'm disappointed at is the loss of the local abattoir. "

» Add a new message to this topic