FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Not even funny anymore

Not even funny anymore

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Me not knowing what day of the week it is.

It's starting to impact on my life.

I now realize that because today isn't monday yesterday wasn't Sunday which I thought it was.

It's really starting to get to me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Tomorrow never comes!

Not much fun for a swinger

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You're not alone. I thought Friday was Monday. I only know it's a weekend because there are children at home during school hours. School holiday days all roll into one.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Me not knowing what day of the week it is.

I now realize that because today isn't monday yesterday wasn't Sunday which I thought it was.

It's really starting to get to me"

Get a tear off calendar with pictures or mottos on each page and keep it somewhere prominent.

Get a tear off calendar with pictures or mottos on each page and keep it somewhere prominent. "

I've got to seriously do something because today I had an appointment (that's by my reckoning) and been trying to get through to a company which had I known yesterday was Saturday I could of done yesterday

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Get a tear off calendar with pictures or mottos on each page and keep it somewhere prominent. I've got to seriously do something because today I had an appointment (that's by my reckoning) and been trying to get through to a company which had I known yesterday was Saturday I could of done yesterday"

We have to remind ourselves but that's because we don't work at the moment. The calendar thing only works if you remember to tear it off but that's where the motto comes in handy, you realise you read it yesterday.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I work month to month (actually quater but month is best way)

Before last year and my company switched to a calander month end from fiscal. When it was fiscal it was awful planning weekends away / months away as I

Could never remember when the lady day of the month was / is

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Get a tear off calendar with pictures or mottos on each page and keep it somewhere prominent. I've got to seriously do something because today I had an appointment (that's by my reckoning) and been trying to get through to a company which had I known yesterday was Saturday I could of done yesterday"

The date shows on my phone and my television when I switch them on. It's also on my watch. Don't you use any of these things and don't most people have a calendar on the wall somewhere in the house?

Get a tear off calendar with pictures or mottos on each page and keep it somewhere prominent. I've got to seriously do something because today I had an appointment (that's by my reckoning) and been trying to get through to a company which had I known yesterday was Saturday I could of done yesterday

We have to remind ourselves but that's because we don't work at the moment. The calendar thing only works if you remember to tear it off but that's where the motto comes in handy, you realise you read it yesterday. "

my problem is not that I'm unsure what day it is, in my head I know what day it is so don't feel the need to check.

There is a simple solution when I wake up and check the time check the day as well. It's always been a standing joke but I was already to go out came back on here and if I hadn't seen a thread I would of wondered what was going on outside

Get a tear off calendar with pictures or mottos on each page and keep it somewhere prominent. I've got to seriously do something because today I had an appointment (that's by my reckoning) and been trying to get through to a company which had I known yesterday was Saturday I could of done yesterday

The date shows on my phone and my television when I switch them on. It's also on my watch. Don't you use any of these things and don't most people have a calendar on the wall somewhere in the house? "

yes, but would you automatically go check your Calendar to see what day it was if you already knew.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

There is only one possible explanation, you are quite simply bonkers .

Cannock

The date shows on my phone and my television when I switch them on. It's also on my watch. Don't you use any of these things and don't most people have a calendar on the wall somewhere in the house? yes, but would you automatically go check your Calendar to see what day it was if you already knew."

Confused.com

Why would you check the calendar if you already knew the date in the first place?

That happens to me over Christmas and new year.

The date shows on my phone and my television when I switch them on. It's also on my watch. Don't you use any of these things and don't most people have a calendar on the wall somewhere in the house? yes, but would you automatically go check your Calendar to see what day it was if you already knew.

Confused.com

Why would you check the calendar if you already knew the date in the first place?

"

exactly, in my head I already no the day. So wouldn't automatically feel the need to double check

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

I blame that chappy from brighton for your confusion

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Don't worry you are not the only one who has this, I don't know what day is , only what shift I am doing.

My phone doesn't tell me which day it is,just the time and date. Neither does my laptop and I don't watch television that isn't recorded.

"My phone doesn't tell me which day it is,just the time and date. Neither does my laptop and I don't watch television that isn't recorded. "
I've just looked at my phone and the actual day is in small writing.

Cannock

The date shows on my phone and my television when I switch them on. It's also on my watch. Don't you use any of these things and don't most people have a calendar on the wall somewhere in the house? yes, but would you automatically go check your Calendar to see what day it was if you already knew.

Confused.com

exactly, in my head I already no the day. So wouldn't automatically feel the need to double check"

If it's Thursday it's rant day in the forums and if it's Friday you have Shags Friday weekly status check.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

My memory has been medically damaged and I've had to learn ways to cope.

In addition to letting go of embarrassment about forgetting things as soon as I've been told them and ensuring people I know and work with understand about my memory I've also had to make some changes.

Ive always kept a diary for appointments but I make sure I check it every day. I also put the morning news on the TV everyday to anchor myself to the day and remind myself of some of the general stuff.

I also make a lot of lists. But not on scraps of paper, I have a notebook and each new list gets a new page so I can see when I made the note. I then cross it off.

It's all really basic and probably quite obvious but accepting the issue and looking at it very simply made a big difference.

It's very strange to no longer be able to remember the simplest of things and at first I was embarrassed and tried to hide it but that doesn't help anyone.

Good luck.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Every day is today. Easy.

Get a pill box. Open the lids one week. Close them the next week.

Problem is you'd open them, get to Wednesday and start closing them......

More thinking needed.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Look at your PHONE ! date and time.

Put the news on the telly....

Get a clock with a leccy calendar on ....

Confused.com

exactly, in my head I already no the day. So wouldn't automatically feel the need to double check

If it's Thursday it's rant day in the forums and if it's Friday you have Shags Friday weekly status check. "

We need more themed days to help people keep track.

"My memory has been medically damaged and I've had to learn ways to cope.

In addition to letting go of embarrassment about forgetting things as soon as I've been told them and ensuring people I know and work with understand about my memory I've also had to make some changes.

Ive always kept a diary for appointments but I make sure I check it every day. I also put the morning news on the TV everyday to anchor myself to the day and remind myself of some of the general stuff.

I also make a lot of lists. But not on scraps of paper, I have a notebook and each new list gets a new page so I can see when I made the note. I then cross it off.

It's all really basic and probably quite obvious but accepting the issue and looking at it very simply made a big difference.

It's very strange to no longer be able to remember the simplest of things and at first I was embarrassed and tried to hide it but that doesn't help anyone.

Good luck."

thanks, there's a lot of things I do that I can work round and people don't notice. I do now write stuff down and that kind of thing.

It's the getting into the routine of actively doing something so as from tomorrow morning I'm going to start looking at the day first thing. Usually I can laugh things off, today it really upset me it was like a shock but also I was wondering about certain things just nonconsequentil things.

And if I hadn't seen a thread with Sunday in the title I'd have been none the wiser until I was wondering about out not knowing why the shops where closed.

» Add a new message to this topic