FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > i have been finding it strange lately how low some peoples self esteem is

i have been finding it strange lately how low some peoples self esteem is

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A few people I've known here a while have struck me as having very low self esteem and put themselves down at every opportunity ,even though they come across as confident and articulate anyone else noticed this ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nah...... I'm to busy being self absorbed with my own magnificence....

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Maybe low self esteem or compliment hunting?

I'm awesome by the way, despite what some think

Unfortunately I agree. I think a section of people come here to escape and seek comfort or attention from strangers.

A healthy balance of living in the real world and dreaming on here is essential to a healthy mind.

I don't think my opinion is of any value so I'll refrain from comment...

I sometimes joke that I'm ugly, or that I'm think. But if truth be told I'm a dish, I just like to.mess about

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

"I don't think my opinion is of any value so I'll refrain from comment..."

Should I now say of course it's of value; please share oh wise one? Was that compliment fishing, tongue in cheek self deprecation or actual opinion?

OP, I would worry less about other people's motives and rationales and just do your own thing. Second guessing everything someone says or does would be frankly exhausting. And a fruitless exercise.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have my opinions, some have low self esteem, some do it for attention. I don't think either come across as confident. But I don't think being articulate has anything to do with it

[Removed by poster at 07/02/16 12:15:03]

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Mine is highest it has been for years lol

Maybe I am just in a good place with work and friends

"People share too much!

Is this really the right place for mental health issues for example?

Keyboard warriors can be brutal to those who are vulnerable.

Read a lot of written attacks by a couple of repeat offenders here, when.people appear to be genuinely low.

It's a lottery."

Typos amended..

I think some people have low self esteem and it would be nice if they were more confident in themselves.

On the other hand, I think sometimes realism gets mistaken for low self esteem.

-Courtney

Some attention seeking souls may think that appearing emotionally vulnerable might get them laid. Whatever works i guess.

"I don't think my opinion is of any value so I'll refrain from comment...

Should I now say of course it's of value; please share oh wise one? Was that compliment fishing, tongue in cheek self deprecation or actual opinion?

OP, I would worry less about other people's motives and rationales and just do your own thing. Second guessing everything someone says or does would be frankly exhausting. And a fruitless exercise."

Most of my posts are what I think as funny, how they are taken I have absolutely no control over....I just post because I like the sound of my own voice....or the font of my type

OP, I would worry less about other people's motives and rationales and just do your own thing. Second guessing everything someone says or does would be frankly exhausting. And a fruitless exercise."

it wasn't my point ,I'm confident without arrogance I think and see this place " fab" as a place where you need a certain level of confidence to survive and yet everyday I see people putting themselves down and as far as I can see for no reason

You can have a realistic view of yourself and the world without that being the same as low self-esteem, but often the two get conflated on here. And self-esteem can ebb and flow, sometimes you feel good about yourself and sometimes you don't. Seems pretty normal to me.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

The OP is correct, all the woe is me type posts are damaging my chances of a sympathy fuck

I think it's hard not to on here ,when you want someone to fine your self attractive and putting your self out there to be judged .

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I prefer a bit of modesty to bragging.

But that's just because I'm awesome

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

OP, I would worry less about other people's motives and rationales and just do your own thing. Second guessing everything someone says or does would be frankly exhausting. And a fruitless exercise. it wasn't my point ,I'm confident without arrogance I think and see this place " fab" as a place where you need a certain level of confidence to survive and yet everyday I see people putting themselves down and as far as I can see for no reason "

Just because you might not see a reason doesn't mean they don't have one. And it may not be due to lack of self-esteem.

"I think some people have low self esteem and it would be nice if they were more confident in themselves.

-Courtney "

This

I have a theory as to my lack of meets........ I believe that so many think they are so far out of my league that they cannot bring themselves to attain my dizzy heights and awesomeness

Funny smell in here ..........

I think that self esteem and being realistic do get mixed up on here.

I'm not gym fit and don't have a great body. However, I am confident enough about what I can do in the bedroom and my abilities in there. I also know that I have something going on upstairs and I can hold a conversation.

I think it is best to be realistic, if you saw a very attractive woman/couple in a bar, would you realistically go up and try your luck? Or would you aim for someone you think that you might have some joy with? That is my approach on here.

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

It's very easy to appear confident behind a keyboard. On here I'm Wyldstyle. In life I'm just me. On here folk look at my photos and make an assumption. However I'm the first to admit I don't view myself highly. I'm not confident regarding my appearance or my body.I don't fish for the majority of false compliments. Of course it's lovely to have some attention. However it's always far easier to believe something negative about yourself than something positive if that's what you have been used to.

I think there are many people just like me who use this site as a bit of self preservation . I'm also shallow enough to admit I often look at some and feel better about myself.

Although thats not a nice trait it's human nature.

There are also many more I admire because of the confidence they show. And they have more fun than I could ever hope to.

This site is a reflection of life. It takes all sorts.

"I think that self esteem and being realistic do get mixed up on here.

I'm not gym fit and don't have a great body. However, I am confident enough about what I can do in the bedroom and my abilities in there. I also know that I have something going on upstairs and I can hold a conversation.

I think it is best to be realistic, if you saw a very attractive woman/couple in a bar, would you realistically go up and try your luck? Or would you aim for someone you think that you might have some joy with? That is my approach on here."

I agree with your first part but not with the second. Everybody finds different things attractive, for every person that desires a gym fit body with a huge cock there is another that is attracted to intelligence and humour.

I've started conversations with some truly stunning ladies on here that have welcomed my advances, theres no harm is asking, a no thanks shouldn't hurt.

Ultimately though I think this site either breaks you or makes you grow, you have to learn to not take rejection personally or you wont be able to handle the 'no thankyous' or the 'that was great, see you around' swinging attitude

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

"You can have a realistic view of yourself and the world without that being the same as low self-esteem, but often the two get conflated on here. And self-esteem can ebb and flow, sometimes you feel good about yourself and sometimes you don't. Seems pretty normal to me. "

I agree about ebb and flow - at the moment I am on the good wave but I know that I will be on the low point - when I get like that I just try to focus on the psoitives

I like to compliment and I genuinely mean it if I say it and I think its good to boost in my case a woman's self esteem/ego but as some have said the compliments come across as I want to get in your knickers tongue in cheek charm and a lot are wasted ,it won't stop me doing it though because that's me .

Their are as someone else said a lot of people trying to grab attention the fabbing threads ,the kiss fuck or avoid threads,the can you crtitique my profile threads does my arse look big in this ,whose got the biggest tits but its all part and parcel of the diversity and fun of the place I think

"I think some people have low self esteem and it would be nice if they were more confident in themselves.

-Courtney "

"Some attention seeking souls may think that appearing emotionally vulnerable might get them laid. Whatever works i guess."

I don't have low self esteem, just everyone else's is higher than mine.

"A few people I've known here a while have struck me as having very low self esteem and put themselves down at every opportunity ,even though they come across as confident and articulate anyone else noticed this ?"

Personally speaking from experience, anxiety can play a part.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Nah...... I'm to busy being self absorbed with my own magnificence.... "

I claim this thought as mine also.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

"A few people I've known here a while have struck me as having very low self esteem and put themselves down at every opportunity ,even though they come across as confident and articulate anyone else noticed this ?"

Nice change to not see all the emoji things!

"A few people I've known here a while have struck me as having very low self esteem and put themselves down at every opportunity ,even though they come across as confident and articulate anyone else noticed this ?

Nice change to not see all the emoji things! "

I use the emojees so I can find my messages in the threads x

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

"A few people I've known here a while have struck me as having very low self esteem and put themselves down at every opportunity ,even though they come across as confident and articulate anyone else noticed this ?

Nice change to not see all the emoji things! I use the emojees so I can find my messages in the threads x "

They just get in the way of people reading your replies though. Apoligies back to your thread...

» Add a new message to this topic