FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > social media narcissists

social media narcissists

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ancscleanguy OP   Man  over a year ago

Preston

Has social media fuelled a nation of narcissist?

Facebook has just ended up a photo collection of staged family and party pics.Look at me, I'm so happy and successful.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Guess it depends who you have as your friends mine is full of people sharing pictures having a good time

Preston

I haven't got a facebook account. I can understand its use for friends or family far away. Don't see the need to take a fecking picture of my tea and share it with the world.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you haven't got an account you aren't subjected to it so why worry?

Most of my facebook is people posting about social problems or solutions lol. I have a lot of social activist types on mine even though I'm not involved with that stuff anymore

"Has social media fuelled a nation of narcissist?

Facebook has just ended up a photo collection of staged family and party pics.Look at me, I'm so happy and successful."

Facebook like this site is exactly what you make of it and who you chat to, contact and interact with.

If you find Facebook or all social media to be full of narcissistis then I'd have to say you may want to look at your selection process when following or friending people.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Facebook has just ended up a photo collection of staged family and party pics.Look at me, I'm so happy and successful.

Facebook like this site is exactly what you make of it and who you chat to, contact and interact with.

If you find Facebook or all social media to be full of narcissistis then I'd have to say you may want to look at your selection process when following or friending people. "

I never used to have a Facebook account, I'd heard bad reports. But the way I run my account its great

Preston

Your right. Its like Mary Whitehouse watching ' mucky tv ' She could of turned over.

It's just i think we are becoming a self obsessed society. A country of self important gob shites.

I would point to all media and not just social media. Media is where you find the picture perfect role models of all youngsters and gives a universal message. Then social media provides the platforms where they mingle with their idols and set out to meet the standard.

But I have hope. All you can do is teach them important values. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Those too infatuated with themselves don't count.

"I haven't got a facebook account. I can understand its use for friends or family far away. Don't see the need to take a fecking picture of my tea and share it with the world."

Me neither...

Having said that, any chance of taking a picture of the missus and sharing that

"I haven't got a facebook account. I can understand its use for friends or family far away. Don't see the need to take a fecking picture of my tea and share it with the world."

None of my family and friends use it for those purposes - except the slimming world group I'm in, but then it kinda makes sense.

This may be what you *think* Facebook is as opposed to what most people's Facebook timeline actually looks like.

If you find Facebook or all social media to be full of narcissistis then I'd have to say you may want to look at your selection process when following or friending people. "

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

LOLs at the breathtaking irony

I like Facebook for the majority if the time, but I have been known to unfriend people for being a Dick or sharing britan first posts, may start to drop people for sharing the, if you scroll past this post you will lose a relative

» Add a new message to this topic