FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Awkward Silences

Awkward Silences

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Was taking part in a medical study today where I had to participate in a few mental tests.

The doctor asked if I needed to read the instructions for the computer test. I said "nah, I'm just gonna go in dry..."

She laughed out loud before realising what the phrase generally meant. Then came the deafening silence

What awkward silences have you experienced or caused this week or am I the only one around here who should be kept away from members of the public?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

8 mins is pretty awkward.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Not usually an awkard silence when I'm around I don't stop chatting for long enough

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I don't find silence awkward.

Very funny OP

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When talking to a colleague (he has a disable teen who can't talk - found out after this conversation happened!)

Me talking about my noisy child saying he never shuts up, I asked if he had any kids and he goes yeah just the one who doesn't talk and he's 15, stupidly I said oh lucky you! Here came the silence before him stating "not really through my kids choice, his disability has stopped him".. whoops.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Silence isn't usually awkward, though see how the above could have been.

I appreciate the chance to understand people and find when they're silent to be useful.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By *moothies.Couple  over a year ago

Woodthorpe

"Was taking part in a medical study today where I had to participate in a few mental tests.

The doctor asked if I needed to read the instructions for the computer test. I said "nah, I'm just gonna go in dry..."

She laughed out loud before realising what the phrase generally meant. Then came the deafening silence

What awkward silences have you experienced or caused this week or am I the only one around here who should be kept away from members of the public?"

good one

"When talking to a colleague (he has a disable teen who can't talk - found out after this conversation happened!)

Me talking about my noisy child saying he never shuts up, I asked if he had any kids and he goes yeah just the one who doesn't talk and he's 15, stupidly I said oh lucky you! Here came the silence before him stating "not really through my kids choice, his disability has stopped him".. whoops. "

Classic case lol thanks for sharing. I'm sure they took it well enough

"Silence isn't usually awkward, though see how the above could have been.

I appreciate the chance to understand people and find when they're silent to be useful. "

I enjoy silence. I need time to myself as my anxiety subtly wears me out when I'm with others. However she saw the funny side and we get along well. Just the innuendo left her with no comeback

» Add a new message to this topic