FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pink!

Pink!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yldstyle OP   Woman  over a year ago

A world of my own

Okay people of fab I need your opinion..

I have a job interview on Monday. I've been for plenty in the past and I'm not nervous at all.

However recently I'm trying really hard to be a more confident dresser. Less black more colours.

I've been admiring a pink shift dress and tempted to purchase it for interview purposes. Is this a too bold a colour??

And because it's formal ill be wearing with 40D black tights and black stilettos

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depends on type of job and industry, I guess.

If you wouldn't expect your colleagues to wear it, then don't interview in it.

New people don't know the current "you". You can rock up dressed in a more bold way and they will know no different and accept that new "you".

I would go bold.

I don't think so, although of course it depends on the job/company. But it's something I'd wear, and you could always tone it down with a black or grey jacket.

A world of my own

"New people don't know the current "you". You can rock up dressed in a more bold way and they will know no different and accept that new "you".

I would go bold. "

This is my thinking too

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Pink dress black jacket and accessories will help you both stand out and look businesslike ike

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"New people don't know the current "you". You can rock up dressed in a more bold way and they will know no different and accept that new "you".

I would go bold. "

This!

It very much depends on the industry though... I work in a law firm and it's old school so if someone turned up in something that wasn't conservative interview clobber, it would immediately be assumed by the stiffs that said person was too garish/stood out too much/wasn't a yes person.

I wore a pillar box red suit jacket for my interview and I got the job. They should have known better really.

What sort of job is it you're going for? As long as you feel comfortable and confident in your outfit, you'll be grand. Reinventing yourself into a new job is a great thing to do.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

go for smart, and what would be fitting with the work environment, do you know what the dress code is at the new job ?

By *otblondewife hornyMrCouple  over a year ago

Cambuslang

I always plump for navy suit. Lighter blue shirt with nave tie. That said a good trick if you know who is interviewing you. Try find them on Facebook and mirror their image

A world of my own

It's a job with a local authority. Working with the public. I think it's fairly in keeping with some and smarter than others.

I use to work in finance and would have sexy shoe day once a month and our clients loved it lol

A world of my own

I would go bold.

This!

It very much depends on the industry though... I work in a law firm and it's old school so if someone turned up in something that wasn't conservative interview clobber, it would immediately be assumed by the stiffs that said person was too garish/stood out too much/wasn't a yes person.

I wore a pillar box red suit jacket for my interview and I got the job. They should have known better really.

What sort of job is it you're going for? As long as you feel comfortable and confident in your outfit, you'll be grand. Reinventing yourself into a new job is a great thing to do. "

Sounds like a gorgeous jacket. And good on you not going stuffy all in black X

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

Like everyone else has said .. It depends on the nature of the job.

Personally if blue suits you, then I think I would go for that colour. Xxxx

A world of my own

"I always plump for navy suit. Lighter blue shirt with nave tie. That said a good trick if you know who is interviewing you. Try find them on Facebook and mirror their image"

Powder blue is apparently one of the most successful colours in business

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

"I always plump for navy suit. Lighter blue shirt with nave tie. That said a good trick if you know who is interviewing you. Try find them on Facebook and mirror their image

Powder blue is apparently one of the most successful colours in business "

Go with that then....... All the best for your interview on Monday xxxxx

By *otblondewife hornyMrCouple  over a year ago

Cambuslang

From what I remember it's something physoclogical. It's seen as authorotative but more calming and less abrasive as white.

» Add a new message to this topic