FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Rant!!!

Rant!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm so furious today!

I bought a car in August. They told me I would have it when I came back from my holiday in October.

October came and they decided to tell me the car I have bought hasn't actually been built yet and it would be January.

January came and they told me March.

They card today and told me it wasn't being built til April so won't be getting it til May!

I'm so furious!!!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm so furious today!

I bought a car in August. They told me I would have it when I came back from my holiday in October.

October came and they decided to tell me the car I have bought hasn't actually been built yet and it would be January.

They card today and told me it wasn't being built til April so won't be getting it til May!

I'm so furious!!!!!!"

Are they in breach of contract?

Did you sign a contract when you bought the car? And if yes, was a delivery date set in the terms?

-Courtney

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"I'm so furious today!

I'm so furious!!!!!!"

Fuck me what car is it

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Cancel the order and buy elsewhere.

That's crap.

I have no idea about the contract I will have to check!

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

"I'm so furious today!

I'm so furious!!!!!!

Fuck me what car is it"

Yes.... Puzzling;

Bentley?

Lamborghini ?

McClaren?

That's getting on for a year late and probably will be if they delay again for me there would be alarm bells going off big time

"I have no idea about the contract I will have to check! "

Not trying to be mean, but you should have checked back in October the first time it happened. The contract is your protection. They could be in material breach.

-Courtney

"I'm so furious today!

I'm so furious!!!!!!

Fuck me what car is it

Yes.... Puzzling;

Bentley?

Lamborghini ?

McClaren?

"

It's a fucking vauxhall viva, the eco one. I'd be less irritated if it was a Lambo!

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Cancel the order and buy elsewhere.

That's crap."

This!

It's currently a super eco car!

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"I'm so furious today!

I'm so furious!!!!!!

Fuck me what car is it

Yes.... Puzzling;

Bentley?

Lamborghini ?

McClaren?

"

Even if it was a Bugatti Veyron I would cancel the order and take my money back if they kept me waiting that long.

Manchester

"I'm so furious today!

I'm so furious!!!!!!

Fuck me what car is it

Yes.... Puzzling;

Bentley?

Lamborghini ?

McClaren?

It's a fucking vauxhall viva, the eco one. I'd be less irritated if it was a Lambo!"

Fuck it off and buy a nice car

"I'm so furious today!

I'm so furious!!!!!!

Fuck me what car is it

Yes.... Puzzling;

Bentley?

Lamborghini ?

McClaren?

It's a fucking vauxhall viva, the eco one. I'd be less irritated if it was a Lambo!

Fuck it off and buy a nice car"

I like the car. It's the cunts that sold me it I hate

Apparently even the humblest mini's are now built specifically to order. Most cars are now built with someone out there waiting to buy it. It's the way the motor industry has gone and possibly why we are so successful at building good quality cars nowadays rather than mass produced rust buckets.

Wish I could afford a new car. I should just wait patiently if it's what you really want. Good things come to those that wait.

"I have no idea about the contract I will have to check!

Not trying to be mean, but you should have checked back in October the first time it happened. The contract is your protection. They could be in material breach.

-Courtney "

True. I gave them the benefit and thought it would be fine. Its the first car I bought myself so just assumed it would be okay.

"I'm so furious today!

I'm so furious!!!!!!

Fuck me what car is it

Yes.... Puzzling;

Bentley?

Lamborghini ?

McClaren?

It's a fucking vauxhall viva, the eco one. I'd be less irritated if it was a Lambo!"

Sack them off and buy one somewhere else (if you can do this without penalty), if they're fucking you around this much at the beginning then I wouldn't have much faith in their customer service if there's any problems with it when it eventually does arrive.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Maybe go and check the contract you might get a get out clause and buy the same car from somewhere else....you really should read the small print before signing especially for such a large purchase

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

You'd also save some dosh by buying a car that's a year old... let someone else take the hit.

What engines are in the viva ? Obviously not the viva from the 60's and 70's , if it's the chain driven shite I wouldn't bother , anyone that knows engines knows that them engines are as crap if not worse than a rover k series engine

By *hoenixmanMan  over a year ago

Where men are men, and sheep are nervous...!

"I have no idea about the contract I will have to check!

-Courtney

True. I gave them the benefit and thought it would be fine. Its the first car I bought myself so just assumed it would be okay. "

Ring a couple of other Vauxhall dealers, give them the same spec telling them you are in the market RIGHT NOW for that car and see what they say about delivery. If they've got one in stock, YOUR dealer is telling you porkies - and cancel.

Personally, I'd have a Vauxhall Adam over the Viva... not that I'd fit in the thing! Lol!

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

" Apparently even the humblest mini's are now built specifically to order. Most cars are now built with someone out there waiting to buy it. It's the way the motor industry has gone and possibly why we are so successful at building good quality cars nowadays rather than mass produced rust buckets.

Wish I could afford a new car. I should just wait patiently if it's what you really want. Good things come to those that wait."

I won't buy brand new cars because the depreciation in the first few years is so extreme.

This story is another excellent reason for me to stick to that approach.

I would suggest buying from another distributor.

In terms of your legal rights, as everyone says please do check your contract.

However, the contract is not solely governed by the terms contained within the same. There are also implied conditions, such as those implied by statute or common law.

In the circumstances, and admittedly without having sight of the contract, that they would be in material breach for failing to supply the vehicle and this should enable you to repudiate the contract without it costing you anything.

"I'm so furious today!

I'm so furious!!!!!!"

7 months to build and deliver a mass produced car! They're having a fucking laugh at your expense. I work for JLR and we can practically build any car, including special order models with any options in less than 3 months from order to delivery.

The problem is most probably the dealership rather than with Vauxhall themselves.

Manchester

If you can't get out of it ie your under contract speak to vauxhall themselves. They will be pissed a franchise is fucking it's customers about like this and more than likely sort it for you

I will look I to my contract and also get in touch with Vauxhall. Luckily I've only paid my deposit and not the rest so if I decide to fuck them off I'm only losing 200 quid. I hate cars though never find one I like

"I will look I to my contract and also get in touch with Vauxhall. Luckily I've only paid my deposit and not the rest so if I decide to fuck them off I'm only losing 200 quid. I hate cars though never find one I like "

Not sure you should be in a situation where you lose anything given the service!

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

I worked in the car industry many years ago. The staff were generally given a decent discount on new cars but they rarely went for the option of buying a 'new model' car- which the Viva is- as it took several months for them to get used to the build routine and to work out any assembly niggles. At least if you're waiting till the summer, you should get a decent one

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

"

Well it's certainly an eco one! Hasn't used a drop of fuel yet .....

Vauxhall Viva; didn't know about that model; hope it's not like it's ancestor; the fucking Vauxhall Viva from the 70s...

That really was a pile of shite...

» Add a new message to this topic