FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Eating clean

Eating clean

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I always try to eat healthy and the fact I can cook helps a lot. I've cut down on sugar intake, and now the hardest of all, coffee. But I know I can do more.

Any tips? Does anyone else eat clean?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

I eat like a pig, smoke and take no exercise.

I'm probably rotting from the insides

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've been behaving (minus the booze consumed on Saturday) well and eating clean for the last couple of weeks and it really does make a difference. Now I just need to motivate myself into some exercise!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have in the past, once you get your head round it, it becomes easy and second nature. I fell off the clean eating wagon at xmas.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I gave up coffee then went back on to it

Well done and keep it up takes a while to feel the benefits, with all this talk about sugar at the moment I decided to kerb my intake and for first few days I was moody as as a teenager even had the odd dizzy spell but slowly getting back to myself without the ups n downs sugar can give.

I find I'm terrible for snacking and therefore need to think about some healthy tasty snacks. I eat fruit throughout the day at work so don't fancy anymore during the evening.

I've swapped tea for fruit tea. Initially not keen but not living with it

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I find I'm terrible for snacking and therefore need to think about some healthy tasty snacks. I eat fruit throughout the day at work so don't fancy anymore during the evening.

I've swapped tea for fruit tea. Initially not keen but not living with it"

Try almonds as loads of fruit might have loads of sugars.

We both avoid sugar completely (except naturally occurring sugars in fruits etc obviously) and cook everything from scratch, no processed foods at all. We also only eat whole grains so no white pasta or white rice. We're vegan too which helps with avoiding unhealthy stuff as most of it has dairy etc anyway. I have a fruit and veg smoothie for breakfast everyday too.

We've seen a huge difference in our health since we started eating clean, its well worth it once you get into the swing of it and stop craving junk. Having said that I do have the odd treat now and then

We are fun though, honest!

I have been slowly working my way into since new year. Yep, had a few 'low' days but I knew they would pass.

Definitely going to try almonds as a snack. Major meal times I'm finding easy, just eating on the go is tuff.

I don't know what "eating clean" means, but if it includes giving up coffee then fuck no.

-Courtney

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I shower before breakfast, if that counts

There's no way on Earth I'd give up coffee. Not. Going. To. Happen.

I've cut down on coffee, given up drinking...

I don't eat white bread, crisps or chocolate bars...

It's a good job sex is good for you otherwise I'd be really miserable

If you eat health with a very low fat and sugar intake all the time. Your body will get used the low intake and store fat and sugar reserves. Alot of people will have a cheat meal mainly at the weekend and fill up on junk food. .. personally I eat well, exercise and try and avoid drinking during the week(which is incredibly hard sometimes) but at the weekend I fall off the wagon

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"If you eat health with a very low fat and sugar intake all the time. Your body will get used the low intake and store fat and sugar reserves. Alot of people will have a cheat meal mainly at the weekend and fill up on junk food. .. personally I eat well, exercise and try and avoid drinking during the week(which is incredibly hard sometimes) but at the weekend I fall off the wagon "

I have one coffee in the morning with one teaspoon of sugar the rest of the day I'll have 4 cups of coffee all without sugar and I can just about last until the weekend with vodka

"I always try to eat healthy and the fact I can cook helps a lot. I've cut down on sugar intake, and now the hardest of all, coffee. But I know I can do more.

Any tips? Does anyone else eat clean? "

Lots of water.

Lean meat.

Don't over cook veg as you take goodness out of it.

As much fruit and veg as you can eat.

And piece of red meat portion size per day, should be no bigger than palm of hand (not including fingers).

Try swop white rice and bread for brown.

Drink boiled water with fresh lemon every morning.

Steam fish and veg where possible.

Limit full fat dairy

Brushing teeth after each meal helps me stop craving snacks.

"If you eat health with a very low fat and sugar intake all the time. Your body will get used the low intake and store fat and sugar reserves. Alot of people will have a cheat meal mainly at the weekend and fill up on junk food. .. personally I eat well, exercise and try and avoid drinking during the week(which is incredibly hard sometimes) but at the weekend I fall off the wagon "

That's not true at all...

But nothing wrong with a cheat meal

"I always try to eat healthy and the fact I can cook helps a lot. I've cut down on sugar intake, and now the hardest of all, coffee. But I know I can do more.

Lots of water.

Lean meat.

Don't over cook veg as you take goodness out of it.

As much fruit and veg as you can eat.

And piece of red meat portion size per day, should be no bigger than palm of hand (not including fingers).

Try swop white rice and bread for brown.

Drink boiled water with fresh lemon every morning.

Steam fish and veg where possible.

Limit full fat dairy

Brushing teeth after each meal helps me stop craving snacks. "

Some good tips

Change to skimmed milk, less fat plus more calcium

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"If you eat health with a very low fat and sugar intake all the time. Your body will get used the low intake and store fat and sugar reserves."

Absolute nonsense.

I eat clean if I'm shredding, best advice I can give is to have a goal in mind, keep to a good and manageable routine (food intake and training), reduce alcohol consumption and incorporate a cheat day every so often- once every month or two months.

Thanks everyone (so far) so many different opinions on eating clean that's why it's such a mine field. Most of the advice I do already buts it's always good to get other advice.

Plus side is I have more energy, my running times are improving as is my recover time. Down side is I'm sleeping less.

Oh I can't stand brown pasta lol

"Thanks everyone (so far) so many different opinions on eating clean that's why it's such a mine field. Most of the advice I do already buts it's always good to get other advice.

Plus side is I have more energy, my running times are improving as is my recover time. Down side is I'm sleeping less.

Oh I can't stand brown pasta lol "

Check out Paleo Diet online

"Thanks everyone (so far) so many different opinions on eating clean that's why it's such a mine field. Most of the advice I do already buts it's always good to get other advice.

Oh I can't stand brown pasta lol "

Another tip. Eating gluten free if you don't need too is not good for you as they compensate with hidden sugar

By *ylonhunterMan  over a year ago

uk

Reduce or cut out carb intake and exercise, also look up super foods as simple additions to your meals could make massive differences.

A good plan I stick to is eat small meals 5-6 times a day keeps the metabolism performing.

I have cut out pretty much all pasta and rice and avoid bread and potatoes. For complex carbs I substitute quinoa (which is also a protein) and non starchy root veg.

I can only second what has already been said...cook from scratch,avoid heavily processed food like the plague and stay hydrated. Adjust your calories and protein/carb ratio depending on your goals and any training.

There are plenty of options with herbs and spices to stop a diet becoming dull and monotonous. I have garlic and chilli in my diet every day for the additional benefits including raising metabolic rate.

Fill up your plate with veg first, then protein then carbs..

For a snack I always have pots of natural yoghurt with porridge oats and fruit in.. (generally berries/banana/apple amd plum)

"I have cut out pretty much all pasta and rice and avoid bread and potatoes. For complex carbs I substitute quinoa (which is also a protein) and non starchy root veg.

I can only second what has already been said...cook from scratch,avoid heavily processed food like the plague and stay hydrated. Adjust your calories and protein/carb ratio depending on your goals and any training.

There are plenty of options with herbs and spices to stop a diet becoming dull and monotonous. I have garlic and chilli in my diet every day for the additional benefits including raising metabolic rate.

Fill up your plate with veg first, then protein then carbs..

For a snack I always have pots of natural yoghurt with porridge oats and fruit in.. (generally berries/banana/apple amd plum)"

I have cut out most carbs I don't have bread and have those thins thing for lunch and I have to say it's made a huge difference with me and I love it. I also have sweet spuds instead of spuds and eat a lot of beans and like you yogurt with porridge oats I don't miss bread or rice or pasta at all.

Oh. Avoid anything that advertises as sugar free...it generally means they are full of chemicals to make up for it-which for me goes against cutting processed foods

I also only ever cook in 'good' fats/oils. I avoid the 1 cal sprays and margarine as again they are just synthetic substitutes.

As we all know butter makes everything better

I'm more pissed off that I haven't been able to get to the gym due to work so I have been running up and down the stairs 10 times a day at the weekend I'll do a couple of hours both Saturday and Sunday

By *ony HardcockMan  over a year ago

Shepperton

Awesome well done. I am doing my dietitian and nutrition honours at the moment I do eat healthy my problem is I don't do enough exercise and eat stupid hours of the day.

Coffee is a hard one as we all like a little caffeine and sugar buzz.

Try almond milk in your coffee. It's sweeter than milk so no need for sugar if you don't like the taste add a little vanilla extract.

And honey is a good substitute for sugar.

Please try super fruits to subsidies sugar in take kiwi's, strawberries, blueberries.

Oranges are full of sugars in juice form but if you peel and eat an orange the process of breaking the orange down plus all the fibre in an orange you burn off most of the sugars.

I do recommend the fish and vegetable diet but if you suffer from low iron please take a substitute or increase your iron with vegetables that are high in iron, Swiss chard, spinach, and scotch kale to name a few.

Also recommend lots of sex

"Oh. Avoid anything that advertises as sugar free...it generally means they are full of chemicals to make up for it-which for me goes against cutting processed foods

I also only ever cook in 'good' fats/oils. I avoid the 1 cal sprays and margarine as again they are just synthetic substitutes.

As we all know butter makes everything better "

I use olive oil for everything

Love quinoa so much, shame it's so expensive...

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

I cut out soft fizzy drinks years ago which are full of sugar and started to drink mineral water instead. Better and kinder to your teeth too. I only drink alcohol at weekends.

Firstly, everything in moderation. I have medical conditions that have wrecked me but the professionals stressed not to stop living, so I still love what I always did, but I do eat cleaner.

I always have hardboiled eggs prepared and they replace meat often, but I also like to keep grilled chicken handy.

I also rely on bananas and grapefruit and stay away from juices, and otherwise if I don't bake or roast, I'll cook with olive oil or slow cook.

Animal fat is crucial for men, though, and reduces the need for salts and sugars. If you have natural fats and are properly active, your testosterone will take care of your body fat.

Sabrina eats a pussy or ass clean .... cream pie clean up ...

"I cut out soft fizzy drinks years ago which are full of sugar and started to drink mineral water instead. Better and kinder to your teeth too. I only drink alcohol at weekends. "

I've cut out Coke and only have it with my vodka Pepsi max when out but at home I have it with this soda water and lime you can get from tesco

"Love quinoa so much, shame it's so expensive... "

I cheat cooking it. Add boiling water and flavours (lemon juice/thyme or soy/chilli etc) in a tupperware pot

Nuke for 5 mins...done

"We both avoid sugar completely (except naturally occurring sugars in fruits etc obviously) and cook everything from scratch, no processed foods at all. We also only eat whole grains so no white pasta or white rice. We're vegan too which helps with avoiding unhealthy stuff as most of it has dairy etc anyway. I have a fruit and veg smoothie for breakfast everyday too.

We've seen a huge difference in our health since we started eating clean, its well worth it once you get into the swing of it and stop craving junk. Having said that I do have the odd treat now and then

We are fun though, honest! "

High 5 for finding other vegans on here

I eat moderately clean. Very little processed crap as I do 99% of all cooking from scratch. I like to know what goes in my food, but I'm admittedly a sod for diet drinks with aspartame...

Charlotte

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

Eating clean? Keep hearing this, i wash my sides down before preparing food, that's my idea of eating clean

By *rs DCouple  over a year ago

far

Thought this was going to be a post about eating clean pussy

I'm starting again!!

Fresh fruit/nuts/super fruits

Veg

Wholewheat pasta/bread (not lots of bread though or pasta)

Fish

Chicken

Porridge with semi skimmed milk

1 cheat meal a week and maybe wine once a week.

"We both avoid sugar completely (except naturally occurring sugars in fruits etc obviously) and cook everything from scratch, no processed foods at all. We also only eat whole grains so no white pasta or white rice. We're vegan too which helps with avoiding unhealthy stuff as most of it has dairy etc anyway. I have a fruit and veg smoothie for breakfast everyday too.

I eat moderately clean. Very little processed crap as I do 99% of all cooking from scratch. I like to know what goes in my food, but I'm admittedly a sod for diet drinks with aspartame...

Charlotte

"

I knew there must be others!

Charlotte

I knew there must be others! "

As a voracious omnivore with definite carnivorous tendencies I cannot understand veganism when there is such a thing as bacon!

However much respect for going the whole hog (pun intended) and not wimping out with half arsed vegetarianism.

Do you have to supplement your diets at all? I assume a true vegan diet is very low in quality protein and some nutrients.

Charlotte

As a voracious omnivore with definite carnivorous tendencies I cannot understand veganism when there is such a thing as bacon!

However much respect for going the whole hog (pun intended) and not wimping out with half arsed vegetarianism.

Do you have to supplement your diets at all? I assume a true vegan diet is very low in quality protein and some nutrients."

No, we've been vegan for 4 years ish and never had any nutritional issues. It's all about eating well, same as with a non vegan diet really (just all plant based). Protein really isn't an issue as there are plenty of vegan foods high in protein, some even more so than animal products - Google vegan body builders for proof!

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast

Good for you hun, it definitely takes imagination and ingenuity to cut processed muck out and cook / prepare a varied diet.

Cooking skills are something most people lack Now due to convenience food culture.

Convenience kills, all those refined processed fats /simple carbs / grains are causing an epidemic of lifestyle related diseases and premature death.

Good luck hun and keep us posted. Xx

We eat clean.

However we do still have sugar as i would far rather have sugar than any artificial sweetener any day.

Artificial sweetners are dreadful things that make me very ill ..m long live sugar

Good for you hun, it definitely takes imagination and ingenuity to cut processed muck out and cook / prepare a varied diet.

Cooking skills are something most people lack Now due to convenience food culture.

Convenience kills, all those refined processed fats /simple carbs / grains are causing an epidemic of lifestyle related diseases and premature death.

Good luck hun and keep us posted. Xx "

I do wonder if this is one of the reason children seem to be getting so much bigger nowadays. .we are on the 2nd/3rd generation of people growing up with crap chemical processed food. How much of that is being passed on during pregnancy and predisposing children to a range of issues, both physical and mentally?

Hate to say this, but there is no such thing as a 'super' food/fruit. It's just a marketing name. There was a highly qualified food nutritionalist, on a BBC consumer programme talking about the names given to such foods. Total poppycock, just another way to make you spend more

"Hate to say this, but there is no such thing as a 'super' food/fruit. It's just a marketing name. There was a highly qualified food nutritionalist, on a BBC consumer programme talking about the names given to such foods. Total poppycock, just another way to make you spend more"

Well technically, the fresher and better grown you can get food, the more nutritional, so if there was a superfood, it would be what you grow yourself.

Just representing my blueberry bush

A good rule - don't eat anything that comes in a box

Eat fresh food

We grow our own stuff so its super fresh and no nasty stuff sprayed on it !

I find eating clean so hard, because I'm eating the right things I'm getting full up and therefore unable to eat enough at times and certainly not 5 times a day x

Charlotte

Do you have to supplement your diets at all? I assume a true vegan diet is very low in quality protein and some nutrients.

No, we've been vegan for 4 years ish and never had any nutritional issues. It's all about eating well, same as with a non vegan diet really (just all plant based). Protein really isn't an issue as there are plenty of vegan foods high in protein, some even more so than animal products - Google vegan body builders for proof! "

This. Healthiest I've ever been.

» Add a new message to this topic