FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Chest infections

Chest infections

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm currently recovering from a nasty one, has anyone else had anything similar lately?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had a chest infection just before Xmas.. 2 and half weeks it last.. Straight after 3 weeks of the flu... proper flu..i honestly couldn't do anything without puffing on an inhaler... Wiped me out .. Hooe you're feeling better

I had one 2 years back that wiped me out, being asthmatic should've gone to hospital

Since I took up smoking and fornication my chest infections once yearly have diminished.

Okay I fibbed about fornication - but one day I will take that up

I've just recovered from one as well. Left me gasping for air every time I exerted myself. Even having a shower or getting dressed was a nightmare, hope it doesn't come back.

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/02/16 18:20:04]

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

I'm just shaking my first one for almost 15 months off.

One of the milder nose/throat infections I've had so cannot complain. Saying that it fcuked off too easy tho so I reckon it will be back within weeks

Never had a chest infection

By *outhernchappieMan  over a year ago

brighton

Yep...still laid up...6th day now....aches..shakes...chesty cough. ....on antibiotics

Someone play me a violin

I always have the flu jab as I'm asthmatic and cant be too careful, however I am just recovering from a bout of what I can only describe as flu but it only lasted a matter of days rather than weeks...all that remains is a sore nose from blowing it so often...

"I had a chest infection just before Xmas.. 2 and half weeks it last.. Straight after 3 weeks of the flu... proper flu..i honestly couldn't do anything without puffing on an inhaler... Wiped me out .. Hooe you're feeling better "

It's improving, but it's really laid me low (and I don't just mean in pain, it seems to have aggravated some of my psychological issues too) this may be one of the worst I've ever had, hence my curiosity with this thread, I wondered if there was a nasty strain going around, and others experiences with it?

"I'm currently recovering from a nasty one, has anyone else had anything similar lately?"

I'm just back at work after two weeks off. Had a bad chest infection as part of my illness that verged on pneumonia due to having previously had fluid on my lungs. Knocked the stuffing out of me and ended up on 2000mg of antibiotics a day for 10 days and an overnight stay in hospital.

"I'm currently recovering from a nasty one, has anyone else had anything similar lately?

I'm just back at work after two weeks off. Had a bad chest infection as part of my illness that verged on pneumonia due to having previously had fluid on my lungs. Knocked the stuffing out of me and ended up on 2000mg of antibiotics a day for 10 days and an overnight stay in hospital. "

Sounds rough, how did you feel it affected your mood, besides the obvious?

I don't think I've ever had one. Hope you feel better soon.

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

"I'm currently recovering from a nasty one, has anyone else had anything similar lately?

I'm just back at work after two weeks off. Had a bad chest infection as part of my illness that verged on pneumonia due to having previously had fluid on my lungs. Knocked the stuffing out of me and ended up on 2000mg of antibiotics a day for 10 days and an overnight stay in hospital. "

Glad your better Daniel. That sounds really nasty.

"I had a chest infection just before Xmas.. 2 and half weeks it last.. Straight after 3 weeks of the flu... proper flu..i honestly couldn't do anything without puffing on an inhaler... Wiped me out .. Hooe you're feeling better

It's improving, but it's really laid me low (and I don't just mean in pain, it seems to have aggravated some of my psychological issues too) this may be one of the worst I've ever had, hence my curiosity with this thread, I wondered if there was a nasty strain going around, and others experiences with it?"

It's bound to make you feel low..as you're not as active as usual... Try keeping your mind active while your body is recovering... And see gp if mood doesn't improve in a few days x

I'm just back at work after two weeks off. Had a bad chest infection as part of my illness that verged on pneumonia due to having previously had fluid on my lungs. Knocked the stuffing out of me and ended up on 2000mg of antibiotics a day for 10 days and an overnight stay in hospital.

Sounds rough, how did you feel it affected your mood, besides the obvious?"

I had tosillitis and ear infections in both ears at the same time as the chest problems. I didn't sleep for 90 hours straight and didn't eat for 6 days. Was the first time I'd been ill for 13 years and tbh I felt like absolute death. Morale wise I felt low but had some lovely Kik conversations with friends on here that kept my spirits up. I watched a lot of Netflix and just stayed indoors.

Glad you're feeling better.

My gp gave me wrong antibiotics.. So by end of first week I couldn't breath.. I'm asthmatic.. So hospital it was for me too.. Steroids, more antibiotics and nebuliser twice a day for four days..

Had one start of Jan and now have pneumonia. Haven't slept in three days

By *outhernchappieMan  over a year ago

brighton

Sounds rough, how did you feel it affected your mood, besides the obvious?

I had tosillitis and ear infections in both ears at the same time as the chest problems. I didn't sleep for 90 hours straight and didn't eat for 6 days. Was the first time I'd been ill for 13 years and tbh I felt like absolute death. Morale wise I felt low but had some lovely Kik conversations with friends on here that kept my spirits up. I watched a lot of Netflix and just stayed indoors. "

Glad you mention the sleep thing. ..I'm on par with tat maybe grabbing a couple of hours a night...literally exhausted. ..I'm wondering if I have pneumonia

"I had a chest infection just before Xmas.. 2 and half weeks it last.. Straight after 3 weeks of the flu... proper flu..i honestly couldn't do anything without puffing on an inhaler... Wiped me out .. Hooe you're feeling better

It's improving, but it's really laid me low (and I don't just mean in pain, it seems to have aggravated some of my psychological issues too) this may be one of the worst I've ever had, hence my curiosity with this thread, I wondered if there was a nasty strain going around, and others experiences with it?

It's bound to make you feel low..as you're not as active as usual... Try keeping your mind active while your body is recovering... And see gp if mood doesn't improve in a few days x"

Thankyou Gillette x

I've had a sinus infection, then a throat infection over the past two months. Three lots of antibiotics, unable to sleep or eat properly for weeks. My GP says she has seen some really nasty infections this year.

I never get colds or infections so it's especially unusual for me.

Get well soon x

"Had one start of Jan and now have pneumonia. Haven't slept in three days "

Try sleeping sitting upright in an armchair.

It's bound to make you feel low..as you're not as active as usual... Try keeping your mind active while your body is recovering... And see gp if mood doesn't improve in a few days x

Thankyou Gillette x"

You're welcome. Hope you feel more like yourself soon

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I just had a bad cold over the new year, didn't last that long but it was intense.

I have had chest infection in the past and not nice.

Make sure you keep yourself wrapped up and wear a vest or T-shirt under your tops and took it in your trousers so you don't get a chill on top.

» Add a new message to this topic