FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > My first tattoo

My first tattoo

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

At a grand young age of 40ish I'm contemplating on getting my first tattoo.

Thought about it for a while but not sure if it's too late in life.

Is it ever too late?. . I would say no but my physic isn't model material so I'm not likely to show it off if I got one.

Would you? Have you? Would you change if you could?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm in the same boat mate, I want to get a tattoo but not sure what or where to have it, they're such a personal thing to have, it must have meaning, have an idea but never really looked in to properly.

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

"At a grand young age of 40ish I'm contemplating on getting my first tattoo.

Is it ever too late?. . I would say no but my physic isn't model material so I'm not likely to show it off if I got one.

Would you? Have you? Would you change if you could? "

Make it something unique and personal to you and remember no names ,unless there in Chinese or something xx

The older I get the more I talk myself out of it.

Don't want to be left with something I hate.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I'm in the same boat mate, I want to get a tattoo but not sure what or where to have it, they're such a personal thing to have, it must have meaning, have an idea but never really looked in to properly."

That's why I've never had one, I could never make up my mind about what to have or where to have it

Go for it!.. Do your research to choose your artist. Don't walk in and pick one out a book or off the wall.. Discuss what you want and what you would like it to represent.. And ask them to design one around that..a decent artist will more than likely charge a drawing fee.. But it's worth it

It's never too late!

By *HRISTIAN BLACKCouple  over a year ago

Braintree

Your never too old to have one. But be warned they are addictive. I'm just planning my 12th one xxx

I was nearer 50 when I got my first - and last one .. and its not that I am scared to have more, I just don't feel the need. I DID walk in and find one in a book. I've never seen another like it - and I love it

Honestly if I didn't have any now I wouldn't get any

I had mine when I was young and stupid I very much regret them now

By *ormalguy71Man  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Took me 3 years to get mine, had my daughters name in Chinese with love and happiness. Then a few years later I got a tattoo of peter pan on my back as that was my dads nickname so when he passed I had that.

Not had one for a couple of years but next one is a cross with the words only god can judge me on my forearm.

If I could afford it id cover myself in them

"I was nearer 50 when I got my first - and last one .. and its not that I am scared to have more, I just don't feel the need. I DID walk in and find one in a book. I've never seen another like it - and I love it "

I don't mean there is anything wrong with doing it that way... Just if someone is worried about hating it further down the line.. As the OP is.. Then it's less likely if he has had a part in the design and it has a strong meaning to him

Tunbridge Wells

"Honestly if I didn't have any now I wouldn't get any

I had mine when I was young and stupid I very much regret them now "

Your kidding ? I just checked your pics and they are awesome x

By *eanut Butter CupWoman  over a year ago

B & M Bargains

I'm the same, really want one but scared I will regret it in a couple of years!

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Tattoos have no age,nor physic limitations.

Make your own choices,no matter your age,or physic.

Your kidding ? I just checked your pics and they are awesome x"

They suited me when I was young, I just look stupid with them now, if I could go back in time I'd have never had them, or had ones that were easy to cover

I loved them when I was young and just kept going and going but you don't stop to think about the future when your a kid do you

I spent years at uni getting my BSc(hons) only to be turned down for my dream job because of them and I've hated them ever since

Don't get me wrong.. I love tattoos but have never found anything I would be comfortable with in later years.

Still the same but feel like if I don't now then I never will... and I seriously want to

They suited me when I was young, I just look stupid with them now, if I could go back in time I'd have never had them, or had ones that were easy to cover

I loved them when I was young and just kept going and going but you don't stop to think about the future when your a kid do you

I spent years at uni getting my BSc(hons) only to be turned down for my dream job because of them and I've hated them ever since "

Surely that's discrimination. Doesn't mean that you wouldn't kick ass at that job with out them just as much as you would with them!

I spent years at uni getting my BSc(hons) only to be turned down for my dream job because of them and I've hated them ever since

Surely that's discrimination. Doesn't mean that you wouldn't kick ass at that job with out them just as much as you would with them! "

Depends on your job

Tunbridge Wells

Surely that's discrimination. Doesn't mean that you wouldn't kick ass at that job with out them just as much as you would with them!

Depends on your job "

I love yours. I take it not all of them can be covered then? I like tats on a woman, but it is a thin line between classy and tacky x

By *aucy tiggerWoman  over a year ago

Back where I belong

I'm also seriously considering my first tattoo, after all it's now or never. I know what I want and where I want it, just need to do it now xx

I'm 39 and only had my tattoos a couple of years. It's never too late and I love them both. I'm just waiting till I have the money for the next one. It's addictive

Depends on your job

I love yours. I take it not all of them can be covered then? I like tats on a woman, but it is a thin line between classy and tacky x"

No the one on my left arm goes up my neck, even when I'm fully dressed its still in show, you can't wear a scalf all the time can you

Tunbridge Wells

Depends on your job

I love yours. I take it not all of them can be covered then? I like tats on a woman, but it is a thin line between classy and tacky x

No the one on my left arm goes up my neck, even when I'm fully dressed its still in show, you can't wear a scalf all the time can you "

Its rare to see a lady with sleeves but I love them wish more would have them lol x

"I'm also seriously considering my first tattoo, after all it's now or never. I know what I want and where I want it, just need to do it now xx"

I'm the same.. just keep making excuses for myself

Depends on your job

No the one on my left arm goes up my neck, even when I'm fully dressed its still in show, you can't wear a scalf all the time can you

Its rare to see a lady with sleeves but I love them wish more would have them lol x"

I have a sleeve.. Well almost.. Not quite complete

Yay tattoos!

If anyone tells you they don't hurt...they are lying

Feels like being sunburnt and scratched. The position you're sitting/lying in really helps though.

I found lying down having my bicep done was really comfortable.

However The crease of my elbow and around my arm pit were most unpleasant.

"Yay tattoos!

Feels like being sunburnt and scratched. The position you're sitting/lying in really helps though.

"

Looking to have either my arm or thigh done. Playing it safeish regards to pain

"Yay tattoos!

Looking to have either my arm or thigh done. Playing it safeish regards to pain"

I've got my full arm totally covered. Bit strange. The outsides of my forearm (underside) didn't really hurt but the middle was a lot more painful.

The elbow bone isn't much fun either.

The top of my arm has a lot of single needle work which really is uncomfortable.

Pick a decent artist and take your time choosing what you want

Thanks for all the comments.. booked in for tomorrow and just had last minute jitters I suppose.

I had my first last year just before my 45th birthday and love them. I'm now having my 21st tattoo on my chest which will look great when finished next week. Just make sure you have a good tattooist. X

So did you get it done!!

» Add a new message to this topic