FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cambridge

Cambridge

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Anyone know of any nice places to go for lunch? I'm not looking for the Ritz but equally I'm not looking for weatherspoons kind of places or the get two meals for one.

It's a celebration lunch and next to the river would be a bonus.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There's too many places, the pint shop is good

Plus, you don't want to eat near the river, to many dead bodies

"There's too many places, the pint shop is good"
the pint shop was one I looked up, can't remember why I didn't decide on there, i shall check

"There's too many places, the pint shop is goodthe pint shop was one I looked up, can't remember why I didn't decide on there, i shall check

"

The food is excellent and the drinks menu amazing, but there's are so many places.

I'd recommend smoke works, chop house, and for a coffee you've got to go to hot numbers

I've just looked it up again, can't see why it didn't stick. That's the kind of standard I'm looking for. So definetly on my list if anyone has any other suggestions

"There's too many places, the pint shop is goodthe pint shop was one I looked up, can't remember why I didn't decide on there, i shall check

The food is excellent and the drinks menu amazing, but there's are so many places.

I'd recommend smoke works, chop house, and for a coffee you've got to go to hot numbers "

oh, your a lovely mind of information the ones your mentioning are what came up on my search.

I think I will go with the pint then, jay can have a drink as we will be on the train. And we do both like a nice cup of coffee so I guess not numbers for coffee then

Now can you just tell me if these are easy to find?

I'd recommend smoke works, chop house, and for a coffee you've got to go to hot numbers oh, your a lovely mind of information the ones your mentioning are what came up on my search.

I think I will go with the pint then, jay can have a drink as we will be on the train. And we do both like a nice cup of coffee so I guess not numbers for coffee then

Now can you just tell me if these are easy to find?"

Theyre both in the centre of the city, so you'll need to get a bus from the train station. Pint shop is just off of the market square, and hot numbers is opposite the fitzwilliam museum.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

CAU is great, its a so American steak place. Or if you like Thai food Mai Thai is the most authentic you will find in the UK.

By *olarfoxMan  over a year ago

North Cambs

"Anyone know of any nice places to go for lunch? I'm not looking for the Ritz but equally I'm not looking for weatherspoons kind of places or the get two meals for one.

It's a celebration lunch and next to the river would be a bonus.

"

Galleria right next to Magdelene Bridge is a great little place - nice mixed European menu and pretty reasonable...has a small terrace upstairs too, which overhangs the river...

I'd recommend smoke works, chop house, and for a coffee you've got to go to hot numbers oh, your a lovely mind of information the ones your mentioning are what came up on my search.

Theyre both in the centre of the city, so you'll need to get a bus from the train station. Pint shop is just off of the market square, and hot numbers is opposite the fitzwilliam museum."

thanks, we k ow how to get to the centre just don't know any actual places as such.

Just one more questiom where must planning a mouch round and a nice walk by the river but I'd like an I door alternative in case it's pissing it dowm

Theyre both in the centre of the city, so you'll need to get a bus from the train station. Pint shop is just off of the market square, and hot numbers is opposite the fitzwilliam museum. thanks, we k ow how to get to the centre just don't know any actual places as such.

Just one more questiom where must planning a mouch round and a nice walk by the river but I'd like an I door alternative in case it's pissing it dowm "

I don't know, all I do is eat and drink

I love this site I'd looked up these places but its great getting it first hand

Theyre both in the centre of the city, so you'll need to get a bus from the train station. Pint shop is just off of the market square, and hot numbers is opposite the fitzwilliam museum. thanks, we k ow how to get to the centre just don't know any actual places as such.

Just one more questiom where must planning a mouch round and a nice walk by the river but I'd like an I door alternative in case it's pissing it dowm

I don't know, all I do is eat and drink "

you mentioned a museum is that any good. Don't tell me you live in beautiful Cambridge and don't explore

North Cambs

I don't know, all I do is eat and drink you mentioned a museum is that any good. Don't tell me you live in beautiful Cambridge and don't explore"

I have lived in Cambridge on and off for years...the Fitzwilliam museum is great...but best of all (imho) is the museum of Anthropology...some really fantastic and very interesting stuff in there, including shrunken heads and pigmy cod pieces etc..

I don't know, all I do is eat and drink you mentioned a museum is that any good. Don't tell me you live in beautiful Cambridge and don't explore

I have lived in Cambridge on and off for years...the Fitzwilliam museum is great...but best of all (imho) is the museum of Anthropology...some really fantastic and very interesting stuff in there, including shrunken heads and pigmy cod pieces etc.. "

thankyou, that's the kind of thing where interested in. Is the anthropology museum in the centre as well?

North Cambs

I don't know, all I do is eat and drink you mentioned a museum is that any good. Don't tell me you live in beautiful Cambridge and don't explore

I have lived in Cambridge on and off for years...the Fitzwilliam museum is great...but best of all (imho) is the museum of Anthropology...some really fantastic and very interesting stuff in there, including shrunken heads and pigmy cod pieces etc.. thankyou, that's the kind of thing where interested in. Is the anthropology museum in the centre as well?"

Yes, in fact more central than the Fitzwilliam....its on one of the University faculty sites on Downing St (if memory serves), I'm sure you can google info on it

I have lived in Cambridge on and off for years...the Fitzwilliam museum is great...but best of all (imho) is the museum of Anthropology...some really fantastic and very interesting stuff in there, including shrunken heads and pigmy cod pieces etc.. thankyou, that's the kind of thing where interested in. Is the anthropology museum in the centre as well?

Yes, in fact more central than the Fitzwilliam....its on one of the University faculty sites on Downing St (if memory serves), I'm sure you can google info on it "

thanks I will, just wanted to get my bearings. I shall Google and get the addresses for them.

But its nice to get first hand information when you don't really know places, last time we went we must went walking by the river and found a park.

North Cambs

I have lived in Cambridge on and off for years...the Fitzwilliam museum is great...but best of all (imho) is the museum of Anthropology...some really fantastic and very interesting stuff in there, including shrunken heads and pigmy cod pieces etc.. thankyou, that's the kind of thing where interested in. Is the anthropology museum in the centre as well?

Yes, in fact more central than the Fitzwilliam....its on one of the University faculty sites on Downing St (if memory serves), I'm sure you can google info on it thanks I will, just wanted to get my bearings. I shall Google and get the addresses for them.

But its nice to get first hand information when you don't really know places, last time we went we must went walking by the river and found a park.

"

check out the restaurant I recommended earlier too...Galleria

Yes, in fact more central than the Fitzwilliam....its on one of the University faculty sites on Downing St (if memory serves), I'm sure you can google info on it thanks I will, just wanted to get my bearings. I shall Google and get the addresses for them.

check out the restaurant I recommended earlier too...Galleria "

yes, and we can look and if we don't go this time we could go another

Oh and if any one from Cambridge sees me on Tuesday your welcome to say hello.

As long as you don't stick your Willy in my lunch

North Cambs

"Oh and if any one from Cambridge sees me on Tuesday your welcome to say hello.

As long as you don't stick your Willy in my lunch"

I'll come and say hello if you tell me where you are having lunch...can't promise I won't try and feed you my willy as a post lunch 'digestive' though

I'll come and say hello if you tell me where you are having lunch...can't promise I won't try and feed you my willy as a post lunch 'digestive' though "

well I won't know any times, but I'm sure youd recognise me in the street, can't be that many adult women in Cambridge with a cats head

North Cambs

I'll come and say hello if you tell me where you are having lunch...can't promise I won't try and feed you my willy as a post lunch 'digestive' though well I won't know any times, but I'm sure youd recognise me in the street, can't be that many adult women in Cambridge with a cats head "

Oh, you'd be surprised ..there are some fairly eccentric characters around

I'll come and say hello if you tell me where you are having lunch...can't promise I won't try and feed you my willy as a post lunch 'digestive' though well I won't know any times, but I'm sure youd recognise me in the street, can't be that many adult women in Cambridge with a cats head

Oh, you'd be surprised ..there are some fairly eccentric characters around "

I will feel at home then

Thankyou Cambridge people had a lovely day, weather was good and we did what we wanted.

Lovely lunch at the pint house, just glad I decided to phone and book yesterday as they where turning people away wasn't a spare table, went by the river and to the anthropology museum only thing we didn't find was the nice coffee shop mentioned.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Did you see the shrunken heads?

"Did you see the shrunken heads? "
they weren't there, well I didn't see them anyway.

"Did you see the shrunken heads? "
did go round the Christ's body college(can't remember its proper name) corpiois something and saw Alan turnings plaque

» Add a new message to this topic