FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Closing our account

Closing our account

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am begging to wonder now is it worth staying on fabswingers it does seem to be harder making an effort to be sociable to people today I must off replied to a dozen profiles today about meets, and some have read them but a simple reply like sorry thanks but no thanks but be ok no to get verbal abuse from DICKHEADS: so now myself and john are coming to the conclusion about closing this account as it does seems that this site is attracting so horrible nasty people that do spoil it for the genuine members .has anybody experienced this before couples or singles …….

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

never take it too seriously.... it is truly never worth the upset.

xxx

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

If it ever came to the point where swinging and what it sometimes involves worried me that much I would leave this site....and probably the whole scene.

"never take it too seriously.... it is truly never worth the upset.

xxx"

that is what john said but 3 messages on the trot today has pissed me off because we say no to bareback to one couple all we have had is abuse ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

If you've had abuse sent to you then report the profile

"If you've had abuse sent to you then report the profile

"

we have today i dont think it will do owt sod it we have better things to do xxx

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

well if you have better things to do why let it bother you in the first place?

This is fun and fantasy for me. I never trawl profiles or send first messages, so I don't know if sending out more than a dozen is excessive or not.

What I would say if anyone or anything about this site frustrated me like it's doing you I'd leave: without fanfare!

This is only an internet site, words on a screen, a bit of fun if you want it.

I've said this over and over and over again - some people take this kind of site far too seriously - treat it for what it is - an internet site, nothing more, nothing less.

If somebody badmouths you, so what ? It's not as though they've come right up to your face and said it, lets face it your never gonna meet them are you, so why worry about it ? But if it does worry you here is what to do ...

1) Report the profile which you deem to be abusive

2) Block the said profile and it will never abuse you again.

But to get wound up over it ????? It ain't worth the hassle.

But is it worth staying on Fabs ?? That is a decision only you can make, but you'll find every other site is exactly the same, the only difference here being that you don't pay to be abused - it's free

Just advice and being nice!!! Did take a look at your profile (not interested in ripping it to shreds at all).... but, the first few words make it wreak of "single guy pretending to be a couple". A lot of people will not read any further as assumptions will have been made.

We know you profile is genuine as we always read in full. Sorry you are getting abuse... report, delete, block and move right on. We have had some abuse but we always laugh it off (after reporting lol).

Don't leave because of a few sad eejits... rise above xx

By *ex.IncCouple  over a year ago

Castleford

As the above poster mentioned, we will agree with that comment about the single guy. Although you mention about not showing pics due to your blokes family this seems a giveaway in itself if they see it, they will know straight away.

We used to send out lots of messages, infact we nearly messaged every single girl close to us when that was our choice and only had a few back of which most led conversation to a dead end. Its swings and roundabouts.

Nowadays we dont send messages out and let them come to us. Sometimes the inbox is busy, sometimes its very quiet. We have had the odd few arseholes but have dealt with them accordingly. Im not saying leave messaging out, as if everyone did that then nobody would be getting them.

In previous months we have umm'd and ahh'd about leaving fab, but its probably better to leave the account dormant and dont log in than delete completely. Dont let the minority spoil it for you

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"well if you have better things to do why let it bother you in the first place?"

this is the crux of it all for me....

in the end we are all here to have fun, and that all entails not taking everything too seriously or to heart....

I think if it got to the stage where I got personally offended by everything... I do exactly what jane said and would walk way before it got to that stage.....

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"As the above poster mentioned, we will agree with that comment about the single guy. Although you mention about not showing pics due to your blokes family this seems a giveaway in itself if they see it, they will know straight away.

We used to send out lots of messages, infact we nearly messaged every single girl close to us when that was our choice and only had a few back of which most led conversation to a dead end. Its swings and roundabouts.

Nowadays we dont send messages out and let them come to us. Sometimes the inbox is busy, sometimes its very quiet. We have had the odd few arseholes but have dealt with them accordingly. Im not saying leave messaging out, as if everyone did that then nobody would be getting them.

In previous months we have umm'd and ahh'd about leaving fab, but its probably better to leave the account dormant and dont log in than delete completely. Dont let the minority spoil it for you"

This is a bit off topic but I can't PM you to say it privately

Just had a sneeky peek at your profile and you guys look like you make a really nice couple in your photos. Very happy looking

That's all I wanted to say so ...er, back to the topic in hand.

swindon

"This is fun and fantasy for me. I never trawl profiles or send first messages, so I don't know if sending out more than a dozen is excessive or not.

What I would say if anyone or anything about this site frustrated me like it's doing you I'd leave: without fanfare! "

I concur with your point about leaving if this place ever got on my tits.

I don't see the point in making a "Goodbye Cruel World" type thread... I'd just send contact details to friends I've made with whom I wanted to stay in touch, and then leave.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

oh my god.all the good advice,and understanding,on this thread,is heart wrenching.i've got a wee tear in my eye.aye right

ffs everybody on here,has had wee doubts,and misapprehensions.

swinging is sometimes good,sometimes not so good.the same as life.just take it as it comes.

ignore the arseholes.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Never sent an unsolicited message,never get abusive pms....could be a connection there.

We take it as it comes,if we want a meet put up an add,it is as _abio says about having fun

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

What a difference a status makes....if this was a single male started this thread instead of a couple there would have been a totally different set of answers.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"What a difference a status makes....if this was a single male started this thread instead of a couple there would have been a totally different set of answers."

rugby,i'm surprised at you.anybody would think,swingers worked a set of double standards,tut,tut,tut.

"What a difference a status makes....if this was a single male started this thread instead of a couple there would have been a totally different set of answers.

rugby,i'm surprised at you.anybody would think,swingers worked a set of double standards,tut,tut,tut.

"

They guy did get a bashing though. People will put up with most things if they see a pussy leaving. If you have no pussy then your fair game.

By *utzzCouple  over a year ago

wrexham

Screw you guys, I'm going home

swindon

Oh my god, they killed Kenny!

Swinging is supposed to be fun if you are not longer enjoying it or you find it upsetting then its time to leave. We've never had abusive messages but if we did we would simply ignore them!

Once a member decides to leave and presses that button - How long does it take for the profile to 'disappear' ?

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Once a member decides to leave and presses that button - How long does it take for the profile to 'disappear' ?"

About 2 seconds.

Ah ..........

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Once a member decides to leave and presses that button - How long does it take for the profile to 'disappear' ?"

Whoooooosh and its goneeeeeeeeeee

I always find the ones who mean it just disappear

By *anny9840Man  over a year ago

Harrogate

sorry to hear. Just make a decision and go with it its up to you both. I would not waste your time reporting the abuse to admin though its a total waste of time they never reply back.

By *anny9840Man  over a year ago

Harrogate

I always find the ones who mean it just disappear

Yes Rugby i do not understand why some have to broadcast there leaving. If your going to leave you just leave.

I think if people wish to terminate their account then they should do so and decrease the surplus population.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"

I would not waste your time reporting the abuse to admin though its a total waste of time they never reply back. "

Nope they don't, they just do what's needed depending on the reports they receive. If they replied back to everyone who reported someone else they wouldn't have the time to do anything else!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"sorry to hear. Just make a decision and go with it its up to you both. I would not waste your time reporting the abuse to admin though its a total waste of time they never reply back. "

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is re_iewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Iv had a few thanks but no thanks the last few day, and I havent tried messaging that many people either. Just a bad average this week lol.

I always prefer a polite no to being deleted but would never give out abuse. Just dont get the menatlity of those that do.

Think the OP was a thanks but no thanks lol. Hope whatever you do works out for you!

"If you've had abuse sent to you then report the profile

we have today i dont think it will do owt sod it we have better things to do xxx"

I disagree, if you really have a genuine desire to play on a good site then it is necessary to report such people.

Everyone has to play their part. No one should feel guilty about reporting someone for inappropriate behaviour.

» Add a new message to this topic