FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > STOP ME

STOP ME

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Just been on the animal rescue site where I get my cats from and theyve must had a ten year old boy come in.

As I want to !ook after senior cats 10 is the youngest age I'd go for but his owner has gone into a care home.

Also I've only got one boy would be nice to have another, this one is small and black they've got in I've already got a black cat.

Couldn't go over and fetch him this week anyway but I can ring and ask all about him

I'm just wondering if I can sneakily have him without telling jay and see how long before he notices I mean a house full of cats is just a house full of cats lol might not notice one more

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Go for it ..he wont notice...give the ole guy a home

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

don't do it...unless you really want another affectionate, grateful, amusing, interesting and lovable creature about

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Do it!!

What are you waiting for? We won't tell!

Do it! Do it!...

Do it do it do it!!! This is how I got our second dog. When I should Marc the picture on the adoption site he drove me over to pic her up.

I plan on doing the same thing when we go back to the US. I think I'll go for two next time, though.

-Courtney

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Ooh tricky.

Bear in mind it might upset the status quo and end up with inappropriate toileting and stress behaviour. You do have several already. Is it fair to them?

I so understand the urge though and it would be lovely for a harder-to-home cat to get a furrever home.

As for Jay, he'll come round. He wouldn't want to be dumped in a shelter and left alone.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Why not set up a tab there?

"Why not set up a tab there?"

Conveyor belt to the house, more like!

If they're both black just pretend they're the same cat. If they both come in the room an he says there's two black cats, look at him funny and say no dear there's one black cat, are you feeling ok?

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"If they're both black just pretend they're the same cat. If they both come in the room an he says there's two black cats, look at him funny and say no dear there's one black cat, are you feeling ok?"

"If they're both black just pretend they're the same cat. If they both come in the room an he says there's two black cats, look at him funny and say no dear there's one black cat, are you feeling ok?"

Black cat? What black cat?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

How many cats so you already have OP? If it's a couple your other half night notice but he won't mind if you really wanted another one. Seawitches tactic sounds good.

If you have a house full he'll be none the wiser.

Get it!!!

Or tell him it's s glitch in the matrix.

Just say it turned up of its own accord, I had one move in and adopt me when I lived with my ex.

Failing that I love Seawitch's idea, adopt a cat and mess with Jay's mind for a few days. Brilliant.

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Go get him at least he will have a loving home with you being spoilt and you cant have a odd number go on dare you

is it wrong to!say I was going to do!that amyway

Update i think I've persuaded my mum to take me to get it

Hurrah! I adore cats and my current moggie rescued from stray hood is a sweet beauty. I've recently started to keep ex batt rescue chickens. Now that's an addictive hobby!

I dont think you should do it.

Has this older cat lived amongst other cats? Whilst cats are cute, having a few of them will cause smells in your house, they will spray, its very difficult to get cat wee off carpets, your house will be full of hair, its just not hygenic to have too many.

Theres also the vet bills. I dont know how much cat insurance is, but for my dog its £25 per month. Having a few cats, youll be paying nearly £100 a month in insurance alone. What about injections, at £20 ish each, thats another hefty bill.

Animals are expensive if they are cared for properly, it is not just food you have to fork out for each week. I dont think its in an animals best interests to live with loads of others in a domestic setting and your house will smell.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"If they're both black just pretend they're the same cat. If they both come in the room an he says there's two black cats, look at him funny and say no dear there's one black cat, are you feeling ok?

Or tell him it's s glitch in the matrix."

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I dont think you should do it.

Has this older cat lived amongst other cats? Whilst cats are cute, having a few of them will cause smells in your house, they will spray, its very difficult to get cat wee off carpets, your house will be full of hair, its just not hygenic to have too many.

Theres also the vet bills. I dont know how much cat insurance is, but for my dog its £25 per month. Having a few cats, youll be paying nearly £100 a month in insurance alone. What about injections, at £20 ish each, thats another hefty bill.

Animals are expensive if they are cared for properly, it is not just food you have to fork out for each week. I dont think its in an animals best interests to live with loads of others in a domestic setting and your house will smell. "

I got the sense that the OP was a responsible adult and pet owner.

I didnt say she wasnt responsible. Having multiple cats living in a domestic house is not ideal and people should draw the line at some point.

Animals are expensive if they are cared for properly, it is not just food you have to fork out for each week. I dont think its in an animals best interests to live with loads of others in a domestic setting and your house will smell. "

iconic do you really think I haven't got the sense to know what it takes to look after a few cats. I've got four I know what they are like, they have regular check ups, the one I know longer had was on medication I had to pay for and give her.

And thankyou very much but I have sufficient funds if anything goes wrong.

Some pet owners may be irresponsible please do not mistake me for one of them.

If I couldn't look after an animal I wouldn't have one. That's why I don't have a dog.

If people care about a few cat hairs then they don't come to my house.

I'd sooner !ook after a cat in its last years than worry about a few hairs.

I only found this thread to say I'm not having the boy as he's been rehomed but fortunately for me they have a 14 year old come in whose owner has died and I'm picking her up Tuesday.

"I didnt say she wasnt responsible. Having multiple cats living in a domestic house is not ideal and people should draw the line at some point. "
you insinuated i had no idea what it takes to !ook after multiply cats an extra one will not make the slightest bit of difference to me

I can't go to animal rescue places anymore as I know exactly what will happen

I pay £5 per month for each of my cats. Naturally it varies depending on a number of factors

I would love to have more but I would'nt want to change the dyniamic between my existing pets- 3 cats and a dog. (This is the main thing for me)

As for a house being smelly or unclean due to having many- not necessarily. My house does not smell 'petty' in the slightest.

"I would love to have more but I would'nt want to change the dyniamic between my existing pets- 3 cats and a dog. (This is the main thing for me)

As for a house being smelly or unclean due to having many- not necessarily. My house does not smell 'petty' in the slightest."

the only time. One smells is of they've all been for a shit before I get up. It takes 5 minutes to sort the tray out and disinfect.

The 16 year old with no teeth her owner died. When I rang to tell them now she was settling in the person who had brought her in had rang to ask how she was doing he was made up to discover and had been adopted by someone who was known to them.

And I've even got homes for mine if I drop dead

"The 16 year old with no teeth her owner died. When I rang to tell them now she was settling in the person who had brought her in had rang to ask how she was doing he was made up to discover and had been adopted by someone who was known to them.

And I've even got homes for mine if I drop dead"

It takes a special person who will take in older pets like that. Knowing how attached I ger and that you are only sure it's not going to be for the length of time you have with a younger animal means it must be both rewarding and also very tough. Hats off to you for helping moggies have a pleasant and relaxed last few years.

"The 16 year old with no teeth her owner died. When I rang to tell them now she was settling in the person who had brought her in had rang to ask how she was doing he was made up to discover and had been adopted by someone who was known to them.

And I've even got homes for mine if I drop dead

It takes a special person who will take in older pets like that. Knowing how attached I ger and that you are only sure it's not going to be for the length of time you have with a younger animal means it must be both rewarding and also very tough. Hats off to you for helping moggies have a pleasant and relaxed last few years. "

thankyou, I love them all but there is also an acceptance that you know they won't be around forever. When my little old lady died the comfort was she had spent her days in a happy comfortable environment, and I got her arthritis sorted the best I could. It's very rewarding I love it

Roll on Tuesday and settling the new addition in

Goddess

Whilst I you totally accept you love cats, provide love, food and nurture for them, I still believe that having too many is not always in the animals best interests.

This is not personal to you. I believe that we can have multiple pets, but when anyone starts hitting numbers of 5+ its becomes difficult to manage and in some cases moves into hoarding animals status.

It is very difficult when you love animals and you know one is requiring a home and you dont want them left in animal shelters. It pulls on the heart strings completely, and I get that. But animals in groups start exhibiting more 'wild' behaviour than they would in the singular ie; territory marking, scratching furniture, fighting etc.

The older cat you have taken in, were you the only person to be able to offer that cat a home? Would that cat perhaps be more suited to a household without other pets, especially young pets. That cat will shows signs of aging and will probably start to have medical issues over the next few years. Is it fair on him to live his

last few years amongst younger agile cats , cats are quite competetitive with each other, especially males. Its those kind of things that have to be considered, loving them is not always enough.

"Go for it ..he wont notice...give the ole guy a home "

The cat or Jay ?

By *lutandhubbyCouple  over a year ago

west midlands

we have a couple of cats, now hubby has bought me a skunk!. one cat loves it. the other one isnt too happy. xxxx

"Goddess

Whilst I you totally accept you love cats, provide love, food and nurture for them, I still believe that having too many is not always in the animals best interests.

This is not personal to you. I believe that we can have multiple pets, but when anyone starts hitting numbers of 5+ its becomes difficult to manage and in some cases moves into hoarding animals status.

It is very difficult when you love animals and you know one is requiring a home and you dont want them left in animal shelters. It pulls on the heart strings completely, and I get that. But animals in groups start exhibiting more 'wild' behaviour than they would in the singular ie; territory marking, scratching furniture, fighting etc.

The older cat you have taken in, were you the only person to be able to offer that cat a home? Would that cat perhaps be more suited to a household without other pets, especially young pets. That cat will shows signs of aging and will probably start to have medical issues over the next few years. Is it fair on him to live his

last few years amongst younger agile cats , cats are quite competetitive with each other, especially males. Its those kind of things that have to be considered, loving them is not always enough.

"

I have no problem with your opinion, what i had a problem with was you thinking I had absolutly no idea what it takes to !ook after casts, the cost and care involved when I've already got four well looked after and spoilt cats.

I don't know about other animal centres but this one tells you where the cats are best placed (unless there strays then they must go by what they see) the one I'm having is used to living with other cats. Sometimes if they get two in together they say they must be rehomed together.

Of cause I'm aware they are more likely to get medical conditions. My other old lady had severe arthritis and sat on the floor when she first arrived with the medication and supplements I got her she became more active. You seem to think the only reason I'm doing it is because I like cats. The reason I. Doing it is to be able to give them the best home possible. Also if (its never happened) they don't fit in you can take them back.

Now me giving them the best care possible, nurturing them and wanting to be the best of !ife for the rest of their days is better than spending it in a pen.

All o!d cats do is sleep, fuss and eat on a general day to day basis. My vet k owsme well, he a!so covers the rescue centre so knows the cats. Apart from you thinkimg that cats shouldn't live in multiples of which when mine are all curled up together I can't see anything to back your argument up.

"Goddess

"

where have you got the idea I've got young agile pets, the youngest is 8 the clue was I take I take in senior cats

Oh that's my mistake then, I thought I remembered posts whereby you had kittens.

"Oh that's my mistake then, I thought I remembered posts whereby you had kittens."
the last "kitten" i had is now 8 I just go for!the seniors

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

We keep talking about getting another dog, we got a shih Tzu this year from a rescue centre. She is brilliant just wish she would come out of her shell a bit.

At up the pros & cans before doing it.

» Add a new message to this topic