FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How To Treat Others

How To Treat Others

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Been a lot of 'Downer' threads recently but I just read this.......

One night, at 11:30 p.m., an older African American woman was standing on the side of an Alabama highway trying to endure a lashing rainstorm. Her car had broken down and she desperately needed a ride. Soaking wet, she decided to flag down the next car.

A young white man stopped to help her, generally unheard of in those conflict-filled 1960s. The man took her to safety, helped her get assistance and put her into a taxicab.

She seemed to be in a big hurry, but wrote down his address and thanked him. Seven days went by and a knock came on the man's door. To his surprise, a giant console color TV was delivered to his home.

A special note was attached. It read: "Thank you so much for assisting me on the highway the other night. The rain drenched not only my clothes, but also my spirits. Then you came along. Because of you, I was able to make it to my dying husband's bedside just before he passed away. God bless you for helping me and unselfishly serving others."

Sincerely, Mrs. Nat King Cole.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Aw that is such an up lifting story plus i loved nat king cole..."unforgettable"

Sorry to put a downer on it, but it's an urban myth.

Nat King Cole died in hospital in Santa Monica, California after a protracted stay, and his wife never drove at night. She was at his bedside continually though till he succumbed to his cancer. Sorry xxx

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

as i said..i just read it..i didn't check the veracity of the story..but it soon turned to a negative

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

It was a lovely idea,and hear are a bunch of real life good samaritan stories.i always try to believe the best of people and stories like this show how wonderful people can be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12043294

True or not.

Its a lovely story .

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

The world is full of wonderful people, unfortunatly especially the media like to concentrate on all the bad things in the world

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Very true,they seem to delight in highlighting the worst in people

I was at the doctors last night and as usual they were running late and a lady with a little girl was chatting to another lady and wanted to get the little one home before she got cranky but had forgotten her phone. And without a second thought I passed her mine so she could ring her mum.

A little kindness costs nothing if it helps someone.

A lady I work with was serving a woman a while back. The customer had just come back off holidays and was jet lagged. She had a huge trolley full of shopping and once it all went through she realised she'd left her card with her hubby. Lady I work with let her borrow her card just so she wouldn't have to put all her shopping back. The shopping was over £150 but she took it upon herself to trust her to return with the money the next day. The customer did return the next day with the money. I found it mad that she'd done this with a complete stranger but at the same time, really lovely that she had the ability to trust in someone's conscience with that amount of money.

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

I always try to do a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) whenever the mood takes me. I and my daughter were in M&S Food Hall queuing for the till. The little old lady in front of us was chatting to my daughter, and turned to me and said "I was just telling your daughter that today is my 80th birthday, and I'm buying myself a birthday cake to celebrate". When it came to her cake being rung through the till, I gave the cashier the money for it and wished the lady 'Many Happy returns'. When she tried to argue, I just told her it was my birthday present to her.

Still makes me smile now, remembering her reaction to me buying her a birthday cake.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

A few years back in the early hours of the morning, on an A road leading into Leicester, two women stood next to a car with hazards flashing. A friend and I stopped to ask if they needed help and were shown the flat tyre. With no spare and no AA/RAC cover we offered them a lift back to where they lived. Just as we turned into the road where one of the women lived, we were requested to tell the husbands we had been with the ladies all night at a works do... it turened out they two women had been off meeting other men, the husbands had found out, the women had let down the tyre themselves as some sort of excuse, rang the hubbies and had been told to feck off! I now had two lying bitches in my car and two very angry men heading towards me.

Last year a work friend was called in to see his manager to explain why he had called an excessive premium rate number on his company mobile. It was only a 2 minute call, but if I remember correctly it was charged at something stupid like £50. A few weeks previous he had come to the rescue of a lady who had explained her mobile battery was flat and she needed to let her childminder know she was going to be late.

A crew of bus drivers who operated a service around the airport carparks were praised for helping out holiday makers returning from two weeks away and finding they had a flat tyre ... "must have been a slow puncture"... until they were caught letting down tyres in the long stay carpark and carrying a tyre pump on the bus.

Acts of kindness are great.... but we should always be in touch with reality.

» Add a new message to this topic