FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Helping Lilly

Helping Lilly

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Saw this on the news its so sad that the NHS wont help her.. feel so bad for her and her family...Cant post the website on here as not aloud but google help lilly and you should find it (its about the 4th one down) her story is on there..... Makes you think will the NHS Help you if your in the same situation ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I am confused, the only Lilly i got was Lily Allen

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"..... Makes you think will the NHS Help you if your in the same situation ?"

They probably won't as the NHS hasn't got a bottomless pocket full of money. It may seem harsh but 100's of people every week are told they can't get the treatment they need on the NHS.

However, what it did make me think was ... how easy it would be to set up a similar website.

It would be yes.... i know ppl get refused treatment all the time but being a father of 2 younguns i feel so sad that it has come to them asking for help from the public to save there little girls life (i dont think shes over 2) yet there willing to claim expenses for everything that they can....who are they to judge if some ones medical needs cost too much ? just doesnt seem fair .... can they realy put a price on someones life?

i think you meant "helpmillie" shes my grand daughters best friend

Always sad to see stories like this and maybe this country should cut back aid to other countries to put money back in to our nhs to help such cases ?!

I know it might sound harsh but I think the way this county is going we need start thinking about this and you might not agree but I do .

There will always be cases where help is not forthcoming. NICE blocks medication all the time. I've just heard on the news a six year battle to get compensation for children allegedly damaged by an epileptic drug has been abandoned as legal aid has been withdrawn. I'm sure however if Peter Sutcliffe, Dennis Neilson, Beverley Allit et al made a legal challenge they would get it!

It's naïve thinking if foreign aid is stopped: funny it's always foreign aid that's mentioned by some people, then money will be available to fund all treatment: it won't!

No its deffo help lilly.... the family are from Dunstable....

It is sad yes but i dont think that Aid going to other countries being cut would be the solution... as it would just move the problems else where .... maybe the people that "work" for the goverment in the over paid jobs could think of a solution but then that would cut into there golf time

"It is sad yes but i dont think that Aid going to other countries being cut would be the solution... as it would just move the problems else where .... maybe the people that "work" for the goverment in the over paid jobs could think of a solution but then that would cut into there golf time

"

Indeed! Let's not forget their £600+ a time taxi fares! That could fund a few treatments!

Unfortunately there are many factors to consider andwe dont have all the facts. We dont know whether medication would be a cure or buy this little girl a bit more time. The NHS is not a bottomless pit and management have to look at quality of life and if 300 grand will pay for meds or fund 2 lifesaving ops then a decision has to be made on that basis. You have to take the heart and emotion out of this and bring it down to hard facts. This childs body may not be able to cope with the effect of the drugs and if the cancer is rare Drs may not be aware of whether treatment will be successful or for how long. Its emotional for parents and understandable they want to hold onto any hope but if the chances of survival arnt good and the child not strong enough then it has to be taken into consideration. In other countries she probably wouldnt have received a fraction of the treatment shes had. I agree its heartbreaking.

» Add a new message to this topic