FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > One born every minute

One born every minute

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I love this programme, always brings a wee tear to my eye. But what irritates the hell out of me is the dads in the delivery room. Men who say, ok love its not that bad, shhh keep the noise down, dont be silly, these men are nothing but brave though because if they were in a delivery room with me, Id rip their heads off with my bare hands.

So how did you react when in labour, were you quiet, concentrating and hardworking or did you scream for england or shout obscenities at your man.

I had both my children by caesarean section. The second time I had an epidural section. I was very brave, oh I can do this being awake thing, not a problem, was very cool getting on the bed to be wheeled down to theatre, but at the theatre doors I shook so hard I nearly fell off the bed. Was terrified Id be one of those women as on the Jeremy Kyle show who feel every cut but are doped up too much to speak. I wasnt, didnt feel anything but pulling, it was fine.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky24big35Couple  over a year ago

blackpool

i love that programme but always makes me broody lol

By *havenangel1Couple  over a year ago

Worcester

I have had 4 naturally and one section would go for natural every time and i didn't create too much fuss lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I sat holding my Aunt's hand through four of hers- the 5th, her new hubbie went for it- still hasn't made me want to do it!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

my sisis making her hubby watch this as she is having her 2nd child in March (his 1st lol)

"I sat holding my Aunt's hand through four of hers- the 5th, her new hubbie went for it- still hasn't made me want to do it!"

Ah thats lovely, I wish I could go and watch a birth and not be the one starring in it

I know i'm a bloke! but damn it always gets me when they hold the baby for the first time! i suppose it's because your seeing life being born and it's pretty bloody amazing.

By *ocketManUKMan  over a year ago

Cradley Heath

"

So how did you react, were you quiet, concentrating and hardworking or did you scream for england or shout obscenities?

"

I screamed, shouted and cried. I calmed down a little when my wife released her grip on my hand though.

My ex didn't even swear, even when my first got stuck in the chute bum first for two hours. Mind you I'm still cattying the baby weight fro the second.

Forum Mod

I was fine and enjoying every minute of it until Rob decided to put a flannel over my face

Then I sort of lost it

I remember my ex telling off the nurses cos they were at the end of the delivery room discussing what they were gonna cook later whilst I was writhing.

Ha ha he had a right old go. They had to literally drag him out and send him packing when my son arrived, he was spellbound.

Happy days.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I had induced labour, had my water broken during a contraction and someone forgot to mention to me that when labour is induced contractions come all the *ucking while instead of every few minutes. I was like the devil incarnate. I had a drip in each arm, an internal monitor, external monitor, contractions all the while and they tried to tell me to relax. Then they wondered why i went into distress

I had My jack and danny shaved, an enema and then they decided i was gonna havea section

I had one baby, a bald jack and danny and clean bowels

"I had My jack and danny shaved, an enema and then they decided i was gonna havea section

I had one baby, a bald jack and danny and clean bowels "

They never shaved me or gave me anenema my one was really put out lol

"I had induced labour, had my water broken during a contraction and someone forgot to mention to me that when labour is induced contractions come all the *ucking while instead of every few minutes. I was like the devil incarnate. I had a drip in each arm, an internal monitor, external monitor, contractions all the while and they tried to tell me to relax. Then they wondered why i went into distress "

I had a similar experience with my first but ... oh what a feeling when you hold that baby in your arms xxx

By *ornyandnymphoCouple  over a year ago

poole

Gave birth to all of ours naturally.

Twins first time. Sadly one of our sons was still born, that was the hardest thing I've ever done. The rest were a breeze!

Forget what it's like, but soon bloody remember when those contractions start again!!

"Gave birth to all of ours naturally.

Twins first time. Sadly one of our sons was still born, that was the hardest thing I've ever done. The rest were a breeze!

Forget what it's like, but soon bloody remember when those contractions start again!!"

oh sorry that is sad, I miscarried one but it was fairly early in the pregnancy but still hard to cope with.

"I had induced labour, had my water broken during a contraction and someone forgot to mention to me that when labour is induced contractions come all the *ucking while instead of every few minutes. I was like the devil incarnate. I had a drip in each arm, an internal monitor, external monitor, contractions all the while and they tried to tell me to relax. Then they wondered why i went into distress

I had a similar experience with my first but ... oh what a feeling when you hold that baby in your arms xxx"

Couldnt agree more, they had managed to get me to 33 weeks pregnant before i was induced and they allowed me to hold callum before he was taken to special care, unfortunatly i wasnt allowed to hold him for quite a few days after as he wasnt allowed out of his incubator. But it was all worthwhile

I only came across this programme by chance last week, and the dad's were doing my head in too. My ex husband was the same with our first. He was bored, he was tired, it's New Year's Eve. Ours was his third child, my first. I was scared as I wasn't in pain, just "uncomfortable". The other women were screaming blue murder and I just had mild backache.

The midwife said I had hours to go so sent my husband packing and settled down to a good nights sleep. The other women were scaring me with their screams and I felt nothing, thought my baby was dead and went for a walk, much to the chagrin of the nurses who were looking for me.

Went back to bed, fell asleep until they woke me at 6am saying I was in the third stage and to push when I needed to: still no pain, just the desire to "dump", it was such a lovely feeling. 32 minutes later my daughter arrived: she was tiny!

Painless labour: knew it'd never happen again and I was right. Next four pregnancies: one miscarriage and three caesarian's!

With my first i was so doped up i cant remember much, with the second, i went for gas, almost broke my exes hand either side of my room were two one; one who was screaming non stop and the other screaming "i cant do it" enough to scare anyone

Child birth, something I never want to experience again, and it wasnt me having the baby!

Due to circumstances I ended up being the birthing partner to an ex's 16 year old daughter. Got to say she did really well through out the labour only using gas. After 12+ hours a lovely healthy baby girl comes along.

She told the midwife that she wanted me to hold the baby 1st, as she couldnt even keep her eyes open.

So im standing at the side of the bed holding this lovely little thing. Now not ever having/wanting kids of my own, in my head I knew about the afterbirth, but in my head it was tiny so tiny that it wasnt noticable.

Well was I not in for a shock!! When this (the only way I can describe) slab of raw meet came slithering out of her. I nearly threw up on the spot. That is something I NEVER want to see again.

Though got to say overall i'm glad I experienced it. Just wouldnt want to do it a second time. So hopefully no friends will ever ask me to be their birthing partners, or if they do, I no that once the child is out, to get myself to the other side of the room and turn my back.

after having 5 pregnancies i have to say they were all different for different reasons lol.4 were induced and the 5 i actually started off on my own .

my 1st , i was only young and as soon as i got that 1st contraction i was on the gas and air. threw up everywhere and cried i couldn't do it only for the midwife to reply 'there is no such word as CANN'T ' i sooo wanted to punch her. he was taken away to scub as he was distressed and needed help but 10hrs later he was back with me (boy)

2nd wasn't too bad managed to steer clear from the gas and air for quite a long time. (girl)

3rd was the best labour up on my feet went really fast but they gave me pethidine and it peaked when i was just about to give birth.. needless to say my contractions stopped just as i had pushed his head out, his body shut down and i was pushing like a mad woman to get him out only to be told to stop as it wouldnt do anything with out the contractions,, it was 5 minutes before anything happened . he was black and needed resuss but he made a very quick recovery.(boy)

4th, again induced but they got my dates wrong so took twice aslong as all the previous pregnacies to get me started . then when i was in labour they said i wasn't so told them i wanted an epidural (g hit the roof saying i didn't, midwife ignored him talked straight over him and said fine)

i didn't want 1 to give birth but they had told me nothing was happenning and i was in agony so though i need some sleep. so cos of this they had to put me in delivery room .. low and behold when they took me round they examined me and said opps no time your about to give birth .. i bloody knew but they wouldn't flippen listen (girl)

baby number 5 , now this was special for different reasons ..i actually went into labour on my own and boy did i shit my self the pain is completely different from being induced( worse i'd say)

prgressed really quick the midwife said you'll have this baby in the next 20 minutes i thought fuck that it hurts like hell i,m not daft i knew what was about to happen and there was no way i was ready to push a flippen melon out of my vagina in the next 20 minutes so decided to try and pull baby back in side or at least stop it coming out. i know now how bloody stupid that sounds but for the 20 minutes i managed to fool the midwife into thinking everything had slowed down, then i couldn't hold her in any longer . and it was all over..(girl)

there will be NO more babies from me although i do get broody watching that programe or just seeing little babies .. thank god i was sterilised because i'm sure if i wasnt i'd be flippen pregnant again.

after having the experience of my 3rd labour i did decide i didn't want any more as i though in my head that if i had another baby and it was a boy i would end up killing it through giving birth as when i had my 1st daughter the pregnancy and birth were great .. i now know that was just silly but we cant help how we feel .

girls i carry well boys not so well

did anyone else find this. that they had no problems carrying 1 sex but carrying the opposite they had problems

My mrs was in Labor for 13 minutes, I held her and gave her all the praise she needed, she had no pain relief at all cause there was no time really, and my hand got all the brunt of it, but I was there for her, no silly remarks, being support.

I've not watched the new series but I did watch the last one, and the father and 18 year old son in the delivery room should have been thrown out, anyone remember them, he was blowing up rubbing gloves and taking the piss

one born every minute is a good show i think, some of the women seem to go a bit OTT, but it may just be how they are i suppose lol

when i had my first lil one, it went too quick to have any sort or pain relief, 2 hours, so it was a shock really. i was too consumed with the pain to really do much, but i remember hating my partner at that time haha!

my daughter was huge (8lbs 14oz) and i had to have stitches. those hurt almost as much as having her lol

with my second, i wasnt happy at all. 24 hours of pain!! i had gas and air, morphine and an epidural. nothing worked and once i had the daft epi, i had her within 15 minutes. great.

lastly, with my third, i was in hospital due to a blood clot in my lung and was kept on a ward with other pregnant women. i was in severe pain but was told i couldnt be in labour as i wasnt due for another 5 weeks. so i was left on my own for a whole night in labour, shouting, screaming and being a total nightmare until they finally came to help me lol my waters broke and they all got a fright. running down the halls to the delivery room and my son was born on the way! he was tiny and not breathing so had to be taken away quickly. for being 5 weeks early he was a good weight tho, 6lbs, but i didnt get to hold him for a few days.

for me, the kids got smaller each time and the pain was worse each time too lol! so i went from handling it pretty well, quietly, calmly, to screaming and shouting haha!

will never do it again

x

I have had 3 children 3 different ways my first son was a double breach and they only found out 90mins before i had him had an epeiduaral and can still remember the young german dr whos hand i squeezed so tight his face was a picture.Son no 2 started contactions at 530 got to hospital at 630 to be told i wasnt contracting boy was their faces red when out he popped 30mins later with no painkillers at all .My daughter i said when i found out i was pregnant at 6 weeks i would have a c section so when at 37week check up was told she had stopped growing and was breach came as no surprise to be told having the op .Did ask why as my first son was breach why icouldnt have her normally but as she was so small was told pressure on head could kill her.Will never understand those that say they are to posh to push would push anyday

"My mrs was in Labor for 13 minutes, I held her and gave her all the praise she needed, she had no pain relief at all cause there was no time really, and my hand got all the brunt of it, but I was there for her, no silly remarks, being support.

I've not watched the new series but I did watch the last one, and the father and 18 year old son in the delivery room should have been thrown out, anyone remember them, he was blowing up rubbing gloves and taking the piss "

Oh yes I remember that, it was disgusting, they even locked the woman out of the room. He was a detective I remember.

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

I love this show and it brings back a lot of memories as it is at the hospital that I had my twins at so some of the midwives I remember.

With my son I was in labour for 13 1/2 hours from start to finish, just used gas and air last few hours, natural delivery..with the twins due to the lower one who had been head down for ages turning breech at 36 weeks I had to have a c section. went into labour 2 days before scheduled section and they kept me in for 4 days...the doc managed to cut C's leg when they cut into me though...she has a scar about an inch long on her upper thigh from it

off topic.. but in last nights epsode t was brought to my attention that women who have a sweep are pretty close to being fisted..

no wonder it hurt so bad having 9 in 3 days

As in chimmney ?

no as n had to be induced and had 9 sweeps & prostins inserted...

ive got 5 boys misscarried 2, allway get get asked if i was trying for a girl dose my head in .

Id like a second however one is enough for now

had 2 babies they just popped out.... 5 hour labour with first and the midwife practically had to catch him !!! 3 hours with the second .....,just a bit of gas and air im lucky I must have those child bearing hips ???

All three of ours were born by c section due to them not being presented right,lesley was desperate to have the last one naturaly but it wasnt to be.

I loved the c sections,lesley was awake for them all with a screen around her so she couldnt see and i was supposed to sit up there aswell but i had to sit in the middle so i could see the operation and look after her aswell.Its great looking inside your wife aswell as outside

Blimey thats a bit OTT. Who would link a sweep as close to fisting? Someone with a fisting fetish? A sweep is nothing like that.

The cervix has to be pretty low down the birth canal for the procedure to be carried out and its just a separation of the membranes from the uterine wall and a bit of a stimulation to encourage labour. No midwife would attempt the procedure if the cervix couldnt be easily felt - if she had to go up further then the cervix is not favourable for a sweep.

If we all started applying sexual connotations to gynae examinations then nobody would go for a smear test or be examined when it was necessary. Genitals are sexual but at times their functionality has to be checked up and its best to separate the two. Its an insult to gynaecologists and obstetricians to link the two in my mind and a little bit yucky - thinking of the horror I felt watching the movie 'The Cradle Will Fall' now.

"All three of ours were born by c section due to them not being presented right,lesley was desperate to have the last one naturaly but it wasnt to be.

I loved the c sections,lesley was awake for them all with a screen around her so she couldnt see and i was supposed to sit up there aswell but i had to sit in the middle so i could see the operation and look after her aswell.Its great looking inside your wife aswell as outside"

I had a section, the recovery after was the hardest bit. Thought it was safe to only have 2 sections?

"Blimey thats a bit OTT. Who would link a sweep as close to fisting? Someone with a fisting fetish? A sweep is nothing like that.

The cervix has to be pretty low down the birth canal for the procedure to be carried out and its just a separation of the membranes from the uterine wall and a bit of a stimulation to encourage labour. No midwife would attempt the procedure if the cervix couldnt be easily felt - if she had to go up further then the cervix is not favourable for a sweep.

If we all started applying sexual connotations to gynae examinations then nobody would go for a smear test or be examined when it was necessary. Genitals are sexual but at times their functionality has to be checked up and its best to separate the two. Its an insult to gynaecologists and obstetricians to link the two in my mind and a little bit yucky - thinking of the horror I felt watching the movie 'The Cradle Will Fall' now."

last nights episode there was a couple (joy & fabio were there names) and he said to his wife that the midwives fist was pretty much inside her to give the sweep..

"Blimey thats a bit OTT. Who would link a sweep as close to fisting? Someone with a fisting fetish? A sweep is nothing like that.

If we all started applying sexual connotations to gynae examinations then nobody would go for a smear test or be examined when it was necessary. Genitals are sexual but at times their functionality has to be checked up and its best to separate the two. Its an insult to gynaecologists and obstetricians to link the two in my mind and a little bit yucky - thinking of the horror I felt watching the movie 'The Cradle Will Fall' now.

last nights episode there was a couple (joy & fabio were there names) and he said to his wife that the midwives fist was pretty much inside her to give the sweep.."

Oh the japanese woman and german husband - think he was german.... the first series is being repeated isn't it? Well he was being sensationalist saying that. How else is a woman to be examined internally - his use of the word fist says more about his mindset I think....

"Japanese woman and german husband - think he was german.... the first series is being repeated isn't it? Well he was being sensationalist saying that. How else is a woman to be examined internally - his use of the word fist says more about his mindset I think.... "

ah its the first time i've ever seen the show. But yeah thats the couple

"Japanese woman and german husband - think he was german.... the first series is being repeated isn't it? Well he was being sensationalist saying that. How else is a woman to be examined internally - his use of the word fist says more about his mindset I think....

ah its the first time i've ever seen the show. But yeah thats the couple "

They were a bit moanie. She waited two hours for her food to arrive and knew she needed to eat during labour because of her diabetes. Instead of moaning I would have taken matters into my own hands and sent him out for food instead of hanging around watching internals...

I loved having support when I was in labour but the midwives wouldnt examine you with anyone else in room. They were always sent outside in my day.

Oh and never trust a gynaecologist who takes his work home with him

» Add a new message to this topic