FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > stop smoking

stop smoking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

hi, ive stopped smoking now for 4 weeks and the craving is driving me mad, even though every where is no smoking the smell i have just now realised is adictive and i find myself standing next to people in the street while they smoke. iam in need of some good suggestions on how to stop the cravings. H E L P as i feel iam on the brink of lighting up again

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

every time you have the urge to smoke just wait,the urge passes after a few minutes. it will come back but you just have to keep doing it. some people massage one of their earlobes or the fleshy part beneath your thumb. something to do with pressure points I believe.chew gum.do something with your hands,a friend of mine used worry beads. try the inhalator available from chemists. do you want to control the urges or let the urges control you? just being arsey about that can help.

all good tips...I bottled it and went to the docs and got prescribed Champix. Mind you I haven't had a cig for 33 weeks. whatever you do good luck.

I have tried the patches and was allergic to the glue.

Bought some of those mini things and have never tasted anything as foul in my life.

I now have an inhilator to cut down and find this works well.

My mate has the gum which works with her.

I dont think a smoker ever gets fully rid of the addiction and just has to learn to say now.

One of my mates hasnt smoked for twenty years yet still gets the urge from time to time.

Good luck with it.

"every time you have the urge to smoke just wait,the urge passes after a few minutes. it will come back but you just have to keep doing it. some people massage one of their earlobes or the fleshy part beneath your thumb. something to do with pressure points I believe.chew gum.do something with your hands,a friend of mine used worry beads. try the inhalator available from chemists. do you want to control the urges or let the urges control you? just being arsey about that can help.

all good tips...I bottled it and went to the docs and got prescribed Champix. Mind you I haven't had a cig for 33 weeks. whatever you do good luck."

Well done you.

Im thinking about trying champix and if it intereacts with the drugs i take at the mo i may do so ?

hi guys and thanks, iam on the gum at mo, tried patches but did not work for me.

not sure why but i only have these urges during the daytime, not sure if its all about stress at work but thanks to your advise and will keep trying new things.

love the ear lobe one but prefer to have it nibbled lol

thanks

a

x

"hi, ive stopped smoking now for 4 weeks and the craving is driving me mad, even though every where is no smoking the smell i have just now realised is adictive and i find myself standing next to people in the street while they smoke. iam in need of some good suggestions on how to stop the cravings. H E L P as i feel iam on the brink of lighting up again

"

My friend had the same problems so went to a hypnotist and it really helped. It might not be your sort of thing but it is worth thinking about.

Champix:

They do have some side effects.The only ones I had were nausea with the AM pill and some bizarre dreams.One of the side effects is compulsive gambling,which given one of my previous addictions could have led to my downfall! I also became obsessed with when I was going to take them. I used to time it to the minute.I still sometimes reach for a cig after eating but thats more of a conditioning thing rather than an urge.

I don't miss it but i'm still counting in my head!! 229 days

"Champix:

They do have some side effects.The only ones I had were nausea with the AM pill and some bizarre dreams.One of the side effects is compulsive gambling,which given one of my previous addictions could have led to my downfall! I also became obsessed with when I was going to take them. I used to time it to the minute.I still sometimes reach for a cig after eating but thats more of a conditioning thing rather than an urge.

I don't miss it but i'm still counting in my head!! 229 days"

i dont suppose you ever stop counting the days but for health reasons i have to stop so its like a added pressure.

» Add a new message to this topic