FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Valentines Day....

Valentines Day....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *emmefatale OP   Woman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Oh boy it will be here soon

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Great.

Can't wait.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ah, Valentines day. Or, as it's known in Norfolk, Mothers Day 2

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Great.

Can't wait.

"

it gets on my nerves too

Edinburgh

"Great.

Can't wait.

it gets on my nerves too "

Only cause I'm single. If I had a significant other then I'd totally love it!

haven't bothered with it for years, why feel pressured to tell your partner that you love them by paying over the odds for roses etc or taking them out for a meal when you do that throughout the year anyway

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Not looking forward to it at all, and it's nothing to do with being single

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"haven't bothered with it for years, why feel pressured to tell your partner that you love them by paying over the odds for roses etc or taking them out for a meal when you do that throughout the year anyway "
totally with ya there but some dont, they save it up for one day. Saying that they do some great red soft furnishings at this time of year xx

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

mrs saucy says,its just another excuse,to sell cards,but if she did'nt get one.there would be hell to pay.

i just wonder who's sending them.

I have to have an operation on the 14th..on me nuts!..Can't see romance and love being top of my agenda that night

"I have to have an operation on the 14th..on me nuts!..Can't see romance and love being top of my agenda that night "

theres a joke there somewhere

Edinburgh

It it just another excuse for money making. I used to work in a florists doing the deliveries on Valentines Day... got paid a fortune for it too which I can't complain about but they're overpriced and roses just don't last. It's the romance of it that I like. I got a huge amount of joy delivering flowers to people from their loved ones. That was one of my favourite days to work... closely followed by Mother's Day.

The best card I ever got was one that someone had made for me. I still have it. The thought that goes into something that someone has made is worth a million times more to me than a dozen roses.

You want to win prizes boys... make something or do something special with a little bit of imagination.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"It it just another excuse for money making. I used to work in a florists doing the deliveries on Valentines Day... got paid a fortune for it too which I can't complain about but they're overpriced and roses just don't last. It's the romance of it that I like. I got a huge amount of joy delivering flowers to people from their loved ones. That was one of my favourite days to work... closely followed by Mother's Day.

The best card I ever got was one that someone had made for me. I still have it. The thought that goes into something that someone has made is worth a million times more to me than a dozen roses.

You want to win prizes boys... make something or do something special with a little bit of imagination.

"

Seconded

oooo better work out who to spend my money on

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

well valentines day,,just great,and then the week after i have js birthday,and the next day our anniversary,,,

anyone got any unwanted pressies to sell cheaply,lol

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"It it just another excuse for money making. I used to work in a florists doing the deliveries on Valentines Day... got paid a fortune for it too which I can't complain about but they're overpriced and roses just don't last. It's the romance of it that I like. I got a huge amount of joy delivering flowers to people from their loved ones. That was one of my favourite days to work... closely followed by Mother's Day.

"

Girls can send stuff too y'know.

I look forward to receiving 'something special with a little bit of imagination...'

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

if we are going to talk about made up celebrations then I'd rather think of the one in the middle of march... than the one in the middle of feb!!!

mines a guinness....

Edinburgh

"if we are going to talk about made up celebrations then I'd rather think of the one in the middle of march... than the one in the middle of feb!!!

mines a guinness.... "

Because you're black & Irish?

Edinburgh

Girls can send stuff too y'know.

I look forward to receiving 'something special with a little bit of imagination...'"

Is that not a little bit 'nilla?!

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Marketing opportunity for the 'Pants' thread here unless I'm very much mistaken.

Edinburgh

"The best card I ever got was one that someone had made for me. I still have it. The thought that goes into something that someone has made is worth a million times more to me than a dozen roses. "

'Scuse me?

Beeston

"if we are going to talk about made up celebrations then I'd rather think of the one in the middle of march... than the one in the middle of feb!!!

mines a guinness....

Because you're black & Irish?"

..and smooth and goes down well.

Edinburgh

"The best card I ever got was one that someone had made for me. I still have it. The thought that goes into something that someone has made is worth a million times more to me than a dozen roses.

'Scuse me?"

You're excused... what did you do?

"I have to have an operation on the 14th..on me nuts!..Can't see romance and love being top of my agenda that night

theres a joke there somewhere"

"A"...come on...there's several!!!

Valentine's Day never figured big in my life even when I had a partner. I prefer to be shown all year how absolutely fabulous, desireable and drop dead gawjus I am, not just on one particular day!

Beeston

"I have to have an operation on the 14th..on me nuts!..Can't see romance and love being top of my agenda that night

theres a joke there somewhere

"A"...come on...there's several!!!

Valentine's Day never figured big in my life even when I had a partner. I prefer to be shown all year how absolutely fabulous, desireable and drop dead gawjus I am, not just on one particular day! "

So a special bum pic will not be required from me and my fellow 'joint first' friend then?

Edinburgh

"The best card I ever got was one that someone had made for me. I still have it. The thought that goes into something that someone has made is worth a million times more to me than a dozen roses.

'Scuse me?

You're excused... what did you do? "

Sorry, my mistake.

I was under the impression it was 2011, not 1971.

So it's okay for you to like a hand-made card which has thought put in it, but if a guy wanted the same then he's 'nilla' to quote the vernacular?

Whereas presumably, if I had wished for tag-team anal with the Olsen twins, i'd be 'neanderthal...

"Great.

Can't wait.

"

wine!

Edinburgh

'Scuse me?

You're excused... what did you do?

Sorry, my mistake.

I was under the impression it was 2011, not 1971.

So it's okay for you to like a hand-made card which has thought put in it, but if a guy wanted the same then he's 'nilla' to quote the vernacular?

Whereas presumably, if I had wished for tag-team anal with the Olsen twins, i'd be 'neanderthal..."

Oh... sorry, right, you wouldn't know that I do make stuff... which is I think why he made me one cause I do that anyway and had made his.

And no... I'd just not really considered sending a card to a swingy sort of person as opposed to when I was in a vanilla relationship but bless you... I'll make an exception and do one for you this year!

Lets not forget the heart shaped balloons, flowers, trashy cards, chocolates, menus, cakes, trips to Paris, hotel breaks, and a plethora of puke inducing paraphernalia, wrapped up in a Disney induced orgy of sentimentalised displays of erm...affection.....

I`m getting jaded methinks

Edinburgh

A hand-made card on Valentines day would be lovely.

But if you're going to go to any effort, tag-team anal with the Olsen twins would be even nicer.

Edinburgh

"A hand-made card on Valentines day would be lovely.

But if you're going to go to any effort, tag-team anal with the Olsen twins would be even nicer."

Well there's only so much I can do with stick back plastic and a toilet roll but I'll see what I can come up with!

you can make a mini bull whip.

Edinburgh

But if you're going to go to any effort, tag-team anal with the Olsen twins would be even nicer.

Well there's only so much I can do with stick back plastic and a toilet roll but I'll see what I can come up with! "

No need, really.

Just phone the Olsens.

Cheers.

Yer can make great paper flowers outa bog roll.....a rather charming auto de fe on the window seat of McDonalds....

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Well there's only so much I can do with stick back plastic and a toilet roll but I'll see what I can come up with!

No need, really.

Just phone the Olsens.

Cheers."

i've got a feeling,you'll end up with something,done by hand,anyway sensy.

Edinburgh

No need, really.

Just phone the Olsens.

Cheers.

i've got a feeling,you'll end up with something,done by hand,anyway sensy. "

Yeah.

Finished off by hand.

By an Olsen twin.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have Jays birthday before valentines day. He buys me flowers every week, tells me he loves me at least 10 times a day, we go out for meals and little breaks althrough the year, i dont need one day for someone to buy me a bunch of flowers and tell me they love me if they havent done it all year.

Also my ex husband walked out on me on the 15th of feb leaving the flowers he bought me the day before which was ironic and another long term partner and i split up on valentines day so not much of a romantic day for me.

Mind you it would be nice to get an announimous card from someone i didnt know lol.

I agree, as a single its just another day, luckily as im not working in the pub, there will be no snide comments from the customers about me not getting any

Anothe Hallmark Day, yippeee

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

just another day as will not get any messages, cards or flowers so not bothered really no man in my life at all

My 12 year old still makes his mum a card, and the oldest boy makes me breakfast, then they bring them to me on a tray in the morning. Luvs them xx

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

"My 12 year old still makes his mum a card, and the oldest boy makes me breakfast, then they bring them to me on a tray in the morning. Luvs them xx"

Thats nice, sounds similar to what we use to do for our mum.

"I have Jays birthday before valentines day. He buys me flowers every week, tells me he loves me at least 10 times a day, we go out for meals and little breaks althrough the year, i dont need one day for someone to buy me a bunch of flowers and tell me they love me if they havent done it all year.

Also my ex husband walked out on me on the 15th of feb leaving the flowers he bought me the day before which was ironic and another long term partner and i split up on valentines day so not much of a romantic day for me.

Mind you it would be nice to get an announimous card from someone i didnt know lol."

Oh bless, hugs to you

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"Oh boy it will be here soon "

u get my card yet ? xx

Forum Mod

Id love to get an anonymous card on Valentines day

Is'nt that what it was meant to be about?

I've never had a proper romantic card on Valentines day - how sad is that!! Had some made for my by my Son when he was little though and that was lovely.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i've never had a special romantic valentines i've had valentines ith a partner but as my last long term relationship was with a chef he was always working on valentines making other peoples night special

as i am a lowly singleton again this year i suspect i will get nowt again lol

I LIKE VALENTINES DAY NOW ! but when i was married ! it was a nightmare , LOL XX

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

well the only man and flowers in my valentine's will be the one's I lay on my son's grave as it will be 12 yrs on that day since I lost him (hell, I'm getting morose thinking about it already)

"well the only man and flowers in my valentine's will be the one's I lay on my son's grave as it will be 12 yrs on that day since I lost him (hell, I'm getting morose thinking about it already) "
sorry to hear that,

i will send all the ladies who ask an online valentines card.try to keep smiling _muma

» Add a new message to this topic