FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Motorbikes

Motorbikes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm not sure which one it is it's a cbr600f on a 52 plate. So before they were faired hornets.

I rode it back to back with a hornet on a 51 plate and it was a lot faster

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Oh if this is a motorbike thread I'm looking for someone to take me on the back of one this year

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I do enjoy a totally random thread....

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"Oh if this is a motorbike thread I'm looking for someone to take me on the back of one this year "

I'll see what I can do

"Oh if this is a motorbike thread I'm looking for someone to take me on the back of one this year

I'll see what I can do "

its on my bucket list as I was to fat before not sure if I can cock my little legs over or not though

Manchester

"I'm not sure which one it is it's a cbr600f on a 52 plate. So before they were faired hornets.

I rode it back to back with a hornet on a 51 plate and it was a lot faster"

There all separate bikes mate but on the whole same engine just tuned different. Try the cbr600rr same engine again but in sports clothing. Fully faired and a bike I very much miss. Love my blade to death but every now and then it's nice just to relax and really enjoy a ride

Manchester

"Oh if this is a motorbike thread I'm looking for someone to take me on the back of one this year

I'll see what I can do its on my bucket list as I was to fat before not sure if I can cock my little legs over or not though

"

Mines a bit of a beast and not a lot of seat but I'm sure you'll be fine. She's a pushy cat. ... in the right hands

"I do enjoy a totally random thread.... "

It's not random, I had a thread open about this but it got shut down for being too long.

I started it again cos I had things to add

"I do enjoy a totally random thread....

It's not random, I had a thread open about this but it got shut down for being too long.

I started it again cos I had things to add"

In that case I feel utterly cheated,,,,

I think I'm going to go for the cbr600f I thought a bike like that would be less comfortable, infact the opposite seems to be true, once your upto speed it's nicer

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

I'll see what I can do "

Oh the suspension

By *ot so innocent nowCouple  over a year ago

Chorley

"I think I'm going to go for the cbr600f I thought a bike like that would be less comfortable, infact the opposite seems to be true, once your upto speed it's nicer"

I have a CBR600F and love it. The OH has a fireblade but had a 600f before that (an earlier model to mine.

Love my bike so very much. (C - the female of the two of us)

I'll see what I can do

Oh the suspension "

are you saying Im to fat for it?

"I think I'm going to go for the cbr600f I thought a bike like that would be less comfortable, infact the opposite seems to be true, once your upto speed it's nicer

I have a CBR600F and love it. The OH has a fireblade but had a 600f before that (an earlier model to mine.

Love my bike so very much. (C - the female of the two of us)"

This is a 52 plate that's done 31k I'm worried that it's done quite a lot of miles

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Oh if this is a motorbike thread I'm looking for someone to take me on the back of one this year "

I'm sure we can arrange something

Manchester

I'll see what I can do

Oh the suspension are you saying Im to fat for it?

"

Manchester

"I think I'm going to go for the cbr600f I thought a bike like that would be less comfortable, infact the opposite seems to be true, once your upto speed it's nicer

This is a 52 plate that's done 31k I'm worried that it's done quite a lot of miles"

What's it up for ?

This is a 52 plate that's done 31k I'm worried that it's done quite a lot of miles

What's it up for ?"

"I think I'm going to go for the cbr600f I thought a bike like that would be less comfortable, infact the opposite seems to be true, once your upto speed it's nicer"

When when you're at cruising speeds the air lifts you up and takes the weight off your arms.

Just remember the turning circle on sports bikes is hilarious at low speeds, like a tanker :p

This is a 52 plate that's done 31k I'm worried that it's done quite a lot of miles"

31k is right on the mark for the 32k major service with valve clearance checks/shimming.

If it hasnt had that you need to factor in the cost of that shortly after

31k is right on the mark for the 32k major service with valve clearance checks/shimming.

If it hasnt had that you need to factor in the cost of that shortly after"

Yes I'm going to try an get them to do that service (it's a big dealer) otherwise I'm going to have to get them to drop the price. Otherwise I think I'm going to walk away.

When when you're at cruising speeds the air lifts you up and takes the weight off your arms.

Just remember the turning circle on sports bikes is hilarious at low speeds, like a tanker :p

"

Yes I noticed that

I got my 01 FS for 2.5k with 24k on the clock about 3 years ago.

"I got my 01 FS for 2.5k with 24k on the clock about 3 years ago.

"

Any issues with it in that time

"I got my 01 FS for 2.5k with 24k on the clock about 3 years ago.

Any issues with it in that time "

Only when Edna slammed her car into it.

Other than that it was perfect

By *awtymarkyMan  over a year ago

chester

"

Providing it has had a good maintenance regime it should be ok with that mileage. Check service history carefully and any receipts as your looking for new shims otherwise you might well worth getting them done when you get the bike. Also check rear damper for leaks as standard ones where prone to seal blow outs.

Also look out for tell tale signs of it being a track bike or has been ridden hard. These bikes often needed them to be red lining to get the best out of them.

They are a fun bike to have one recommendation of you do go for the cbr 600 is to have it dynojetted and remapping plus a good quality full race exhaust system fitted. This will be a massive improvement on the mid range torque and give better bhp.

I'm going to try and get them to do the service, last thing I want is to have to shell out almost immediately.

chester

"I'm going to try and get them to do the service, last thing I want is to have to shell out almost immediately.

"

That's all good but make sure they do a full service and not just fob you off with a oil change

"

Providing it has had a good maintenance regime it should be ok with that mileage. Check service history carefully and any receipts as your looking for new shims otherwise you might well worth getting them done when you get the bike. Also check rear damper for leaks as standard ones where prone to seal blow outs.

Also look out for tell tale signs of it being a track bike or has been ridden hard. These bikes often needed them to be red lining to get the best out of them.

They are a fun bike to have one recommendation of you do go for the cbr 600 is to have it dynojetted and remapping plus a good quality full race exhaust system fitted. This will be a massive improvement on the mid range torque and give better bhp."

Its fuel injection not carbs...

Chorley

It doesn't sound extortionate for the year/mileage to be honest. Plus if the dealer will give it a full service then brilliant. If you're looking at this time of year you should get a good deal.

I bought mine last February, going from an unreliable ZX6R to my CBR was the best decision ever.

I paid £1800 for my beautiful machine with around 25000 on the clock, but it's a couple of years older than what you're looking at. My budget didn't stretch for the newer model but I've no complaints There's at least another 10k on now.

Chorley

Forgot to mention, when I looked again just before the 'season' started (what season?! Lol). You couldn't pick an identical bike to mine up for less than £2400 so it's definitely a good time to buy. Xx

ive had a long list of cbr's awesome machines, a couple of them have hit 50k miles with no issues, before I have tracked them ! you will pay a lot through a dealer, but you can also push to have more things done with dealers like that big service !

R

That's the hope, I'm waiting to hear back from them about the service

Hi I have 5 bikes would love to take you for a ride on one

James x

"Hi I have 5 bikes would love to take you for a ride on one

James x"

Thanks James but I'm kinda hoping to get my own

I think you'll find it a push to get them to do a valve check tbh.

Theyll probbaly fob you off with a minor service

"I think you'll find it a push to get them to do a valve check tbh.

Theyll probbaly fob you off with a minor service "

Yes if they won't then I'm going to use it as a reason to get them to drop the price.

I know where there is a 600fs for the same sort of money but with less miles (a year older tho)

chester

"

Its fuel injection not carbs..."

Dynojetting can also be done on fuel injection as well Mr THX

They will install a power commander and re map your chip for you for the best power curve. It's still called dynojetting as its their trademark

I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to motorbikes, the standard bike felt plenty powerful enough to me

chester

"I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to motorbikes, the standard bike felt plenty powerful enough to me"

For most people who ride one first it does feel powerful but when you get use to it you will notice a massive lag in power from 5000 revs to about 7500 revs which can get on your nerves when your in a set of twisty bends maybe for the future as a remap plus exhaust might set you back £600 (about £150 a £200 for the map then cost of £400 for let say scorpion race system)

im to old for a sports bike now,would love another fazer 600 it was superb to handle and great power,also iv recently road the triumph tiger 800 wich is a great bike

"im to old for a sports bike now,would love another fazer 600 it was superb to handle and great power,also iv recently road the triumph tiger 800 wich is a great bike"

I liked the look of the fazer, was hoping for a ride out on one when I looked at the cbr but there wasn't one available

Triumph tiger is too tall for me as I'm a midget

By *lascumMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Can't message you but I can send you a pic of my cbr600 FS if you like

Too old for a sports bike? Never.

Manchester

"Too old for a sports bike? Never.

"

"

This cbr didn't seem too uncomfortable an I'm elderly;-)

I use to ride a suzuki sv650s and it was a pretty good all rounder,rode it every day for a year&a half then had to sell it.would really like a sports bike next.....gsxr 750 rr,cbr 600 rr, a ninja 750 or an r6.

I was considering an sv650 I wanted a pointy one tho. Not been able to find one

chester

"I use to ride a suzuki sv650s and it was a pretty good all rounder,rode it every day for a year&a half then had to sell it.would really like a sports bike next.....gsxr 750 rr,cbr 600 rr, a ninja 750 or an r6."

I would advise in not going for Gsxr 750 as I have one well ww model and they are prone to blowing shell bearings a lot. I have blown mine twice and rebuilt it as the oil pump intake is off centre and gets starved a lot if you like right handers ( roundabouts or most uk race tracks). I am looking for my next one to be a cbr 1000 or ninja 1000.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Put it this way, will the faster bike help you lose your license quicker?

If the answer is yes, gi for the other one.

Chorley

"Put it this way, will the faster bike help you lose your license quicker?

If the answer is yes, gi for the other one."

12 years driving - no penalties, nothing at all

6 months riding - speed awareness course.

6 months riding - speed awareness course. "

Any motorbike with the exception of a scooter is way more capable of breaking speed limits than my car.

Manchester

Not even talking about the problems I've had with the dibble

Any motorbike with the exception of a scooter is way more capable of breaking speed limits than my car. "

On anything 600+ 4 seconds should be more than enough to lose your license on any road :p

"

Very true, well said! 58 here and love my blade!

Manchester

Very true, well said! 58 here and love my blade! "

You bought 1 now

I'd love a sports bike but I'm too short to get my leg over one! I'll be sticking with my monster for a while yet.

Very true, well said! 58 here and love my blade!

You bought 1 now "

Had it 8 years dude!

"I'd love a sports bike but I'm too short to get my leg over one! I'll be sticking with my monster for a while yet. "

Your the same height as me, I fit on a cbr600 very well

Ladies have longer legs than chaps too

"I'd love a sports bike but I'm too short to get my leg over one! I'll be sticking with my monster for a while yet. "

Sports bikes are made for midgets theae days.

Sit on a new r6 and your knees feel like there by your ears :p

"I'd love a sports bike but I'm too short to get my leg over one! I'll be sticking with my monster for a while yet.

Your the same height as me, I fit on a cbr600 very well

Ladies have longer legs than chaps too"

My height on here is approximate... never actually measured lol. The monster was even lowered before I got her. Can just about have my feet flat

"I'd love a sports bike but I'm too short to get my leg over one! I'll be sticking with my monster for a while yet.

Sit on a new r6 and your knees feel like there by your ears :p"

Lol. I've only been on 2 'big'bikes. A Honda Hornet for lessons and test and the monster. Had a gsxr srad in the garage for a bit. Never went anywhere on it, too big and heavy for me. Struggled just moving it back and forth to get it out of my way!

Sit on a new r6 and your knees feel like there by your ears :p

Lol. I've only been on 2 'big'bikes. A Honda Hornet for lessons and test and the monster. Had a gsxr srad in the garage for a bit. Never went anywhere on it, too big and heavy for me. Struggled just moving it back and forth to get it out of my way!"

I rode a hornet and they are skinny and light.

The cbr600 wasn't any taller

I wasn't that keen on the hornet. I found it too wide for me and a bit top heavy. Mind you I had only been on mopeds up till that point so may have a different view on it now.

The monster is skinny and so much lighter than the hornet. I've suffered with back problems for years due to my chest so the slightly more upright position helps me.

On a bit of a side note I think someone needs to design a tank for a sports bike with boobs shaped indents in it for those women who want to get tucked in an ride them like they are designed without having the uncomfortable squished boobs!

"I wasn't that keen on the hornet. I found it too wide for me and a bit top heavy. Mind you I had only been on mopeds up till that point so may have a different view on it now.

The monster is skinny and so much lighter than the hornet. I've suffered with back problems for years due to my chest so the slightly more upright position helps me.

On a bit of a side note I think someone needs to design a tank for a sports bike with boobs shaped indents in it for those women who want to get tucked in an ride them like they are designed without having the uncomfortable squished boobs! "

I've never riden a monster, tho I'd quite like too.

Maybe a retro bike like a Ducati scrambler or a triumph bonneville they are quite low

I like my Triumph Thruxton..slightly tuned it....72hp at the back wheel now...originally 67 at the flywheel..about 18 percent more power.

"I wasn't that keen on the hornet. I found it too wide for me and a bit top heavy. Mind you I had only been on mopeds up till that point so may have a different view on it now.

On a bit of a side note I think someone needs to design a tank for a sports bike with boobs shaped indents in it for those women who want to get tucked in an ride them like they are designed without having the uncomfortable squished boobs!

Maybe a retro bike like a Ducati scrambler or a triumph bonneville they are quite low"

You'll love a monster. I haven't yet found anyone who doesn't like mine. Bit like a wolf in sheep's clothing, no one expects much from it only being a 600, 16 years old and standard but she holds her own. Only thing is the seat is so uncomfortable after about 60 miles I have to keep moving about lol.

I like the scrambler, just couldn't see myself having one for the day to day riding that I do.

Love the old bonnie's. Such a beautiful machine

I love my fireblade. Makes all my old bikes seem like pushbikes. Free to offer pillion rides on her, too!

Maybe a retro bike like a Ducati scrambler or a triumph bonneville they are quite low

You'll love a monster. I haven't yet found anyone who doesn't like mine. Bit like a wolf in sheep's clothing, no one expects much from it only being a 600, 16 years old and standard but she holds her own. Only thing is the seat is so uncomfortable after about 60 miles I have to keep moving about lol.

I like the scrambler, just couldn't see myself having one for the day to day riding that I do.

Love the old bonnie's. Such a beautiful machine "

I'd love a bonnie but I don't have 5k to splash

Yea I know that feeling. If I ever win enough on the lottery I'd get myself a good sized garage and get some run down bikes and learn how to fix them. And of course treat myself to some beautiful steeds to ride

"Yea I know that feeling. If I ever win enough on the lottery I'd get myself a good sized garage and get some run down bikes and learn how to fix them. And of course treat myself to some beautiful steeds to ride "

I'm not a tinkerer I prefer being out on them than having them in bits all over the garage;-)

"Yea I know that feeling. If I ever win enough on the lottery I'd get myself a good sized garage and get some run down bikes and learn how to fix them. And of course treat myself to some beautiful steeds to ride

I'm not a tinkerer I prefer being out on them than having them in bits all over the garage;-)"

I'm no mechanic by any means, I have some heated grips to fit but no idea where to start. Been told it's a 30 min job but as the monster is my only transport I don't want to do anything and fuck it up. I'd just love to take a bike that's been left for scrap/dammaged/unloved and find out how it works an get it up an running again without having to take it to someone and flutter my eyes and show cleavage to get it done.

Chorley

Any motorbike with the exception of a scooter is way more capable of breaking speed limits than my car.

On anything 600+ 4 seconds should be more than enough to lose your license on any road :p"

Easily! I'm very aware of the fact.

Must get a few track days in this year.

(Sorry, I went away and you've all moved on I know)

"Yea I know that feeling. If I ever win enough on the lottery I'd get myself a good sized garage and get some run down bikes and learn how to fix them. And of course treat myself to some beautiful steeds to ride

I'm not a tinkerer I prefer being out on them than having them in bits all over the garage;-)

I'm no mechanic by any means, I have some heated grips to fit but no idea where to start. Been told it's a 30 min job but as the monster is my only transport I don't want to do anything and fuck it up. I'd just love to take a bike that's been left for scrap/dammaged/unloved and find out how it works an get it up an running again without having to take it to someone and flutter my eyes and show cleavage to get it done. "

.search yourube you csn find vids of people fitting your exact grips to your exact bike in most cases :p

All my points have come in cars, Bikes since a Fsie in 1983 to dozens of other bikes I have been chased by the bill as I had gone past them as they escorted Angels away from the Bulldog bash. I passed close by all the Harleys at 165mph on a vtwin 1000 sports bike. I like living dangerous but I didnt see armed response unmarked behind them. They chased me for 6 miles an I didnt know. Luckily I was let off with a warning and told I shook their car so much they crapped it.

My son has a Blade, great bike does everything well but he loves my Tls, I have done everything to it, all carboned down to 163kg and power commandered, air box mod. K&N full race system and re bored to 1080.

156bhp at the back wheel. Couple of mates with R1.gixers and 955i will not ride it lol.

Horsham

I got 6 points in 1 year, all on a bloody VFR400 NC24.

I got 6 points in 1 year, all on a bloody VFR400 NC24."

Ha ha ha I have one of those in the garage at the moment bloody thing is a cosmetic mess from a previous owner.

If it can do more than 20 technically you can be done for speeding regardless of what you drive or ride. I'm quite happy that I've been on the road 5 years now and haven't gotten any points or had the police pull me over.

Manchester

I got 6 points in 1 year, all on a bloody VFR400 NC24.

Ha ha ha I have one of those in the garage at the moment bloody thing is a cosmetic mess from a previous owner.

If it can do more than 20 technically you can be done for speeding regardless of what you drive or ride. I'm quite happy that I've been on the road 5 years now and haven't gotten any points or had the police pull me over. "

Kiss of death

I'm no mechanic by any means, I have some heated grips to fit but no idea where to start. Been told it's a 30 min job but as the monster is my only transport I don't want to do anything and fuck it up. I'd just love to take a bike that's been left for scrap/dammaged/unloved and find out how it works an get it up an running again without having to take it to someone and flutter my eyes and show cleavage to get it done. "

How much are heated grips to buy

I have the Oxford ones with the automatic shut off so if I forget to turn them off I won't have a flat battery. Cost £80 for them.

That's not so bad then plus fitting

Just got her out for the daily ride to work... Anyone want to come and wash her for me? She's filthy!

"Just got her out for the daily ride to work... Anyone want to come and wash her for me? She's filthy!"

Tempting but no

"I'm not sure which one it is it's a cbr600f on a 52 plate. So before they were faired hornets.

I rode it back to back with a hornet on a 51 plate and it was a lot faster

There all separate bikes mate but on the whole same engine just tuned different. Try the cbr600rr same engine again but in sports clothing. Fully faired and a bike I very much miss. Love my blade to death but every now and then it's nice just to relax and really enjoy a ride "

The cbr 600 engine could be really tuned well. I have a friend who has one and it's been specially tuned and has the rear tyre of the cbr900 fitted. You wouldn't know the difference except in the top end. He keeps up easily with all the bigger bikes.

I'd do it just for coffee and good conversation..no cleavage needed. Unfortunately in not in Norwich until beginning of March. I'll be on my XRV750.

So I think I have decided that I like a cbr600f

Rode one at the week end, but I think they want a bit too much for it.

Seen a couple of others around the same price with less miles so might go an have a look at those

Chorley

"So I think I have decided that I like a cbr600f

Seen a couple of others around the same price with less miles so might go an have a look at those"

Seen a couple of others around the same price with less miles so might go an have a look at those"

Bullet proof engine, well balanced and particularly good if ur challenged in the leg department. Can be tuned nicely too. Hold their money well...so go for the best with low miles.

They did the f4 from 2000 then the f4i from 2001 with fuel injection.

This is what I rode, I have seen a number of f4 with low mileage I may have a look at those as they are cheaper

By *oy man 2Man  over a year ago

g

i got a z750 which i found very nice to ride, then i got a z1000 that been camed and sports exhaust which is even better to ride and go,s a little faster and quicker. carnt wait till summer is here.

Manchester

"i got a z750 which i found very nice to ride, then i got a z1000 that been camed and sports exhaust which is even better to ride and go,s a little faster and quicker. carnt wait till summer is here. "

Do you mean the early zs

Hondas hold their prices well as they are reliable and well built. Just ensure its the original plastics in factory paint as replacement plastic and paint jobs may mean it's been thrown down the road. Look for a service history (doesn't need to be Honda dealer) and check the rear sprocket (as you will be paying for a replacement soon after buying). If your buying grips then buy a trickle charger and hook it up whenever you park the bike up for a couple of days. Also buy good quality chain locks and avoid disk locks (I've lost count of people I know who have ridden off and not removed their disk lock)

Manchester

" quality chain locks and avoid disk locks (I've lost count of people I know who have ridden off and not removed their disk lock) "

A tip for anyone using disk locks. Get a small piece of electrical wire remove the metal wire from inside so your left with just the shied. Then ever time you put the lock on slide it over the end of your key so it won't go in your ignition to remind you the twats on. Depending on your type of lock you can also put a small hole in it with a loose fitting cable tie and put that threw the loop in the lock when your not using it

Id take you on the bake of mine

" quality chain locks and avoid disk locks (I've lost count of people I know who have ridden off and not removed their disk lock)

A tip for anyone using disk locks. Get a small piece of electrical wire remove the metal wire from inside so your left with just the shied. Then ever time you put the lock on slide it over the end of your key so it won't go in your ignition to remind you the twats on. Depending on your type of lock you can also put a small hole in it with a loose fitting cable tie and put that threw the loop in the lock when your not using it "

Good idea, but they are hateful things. Once saw a full kit wanker (Rossi bike, leathers and lid) climb on his bike at a packed car park, fire it up, nail it and go less than a foot. He wrecked the disc, plastics, leathers and lid.

I want it to be the week end so I can go an look st bikes

Manchester

" quality chain locks and avoid disk locks (I've lost count of people I know who have ridden off and not removed their disk lock)

A tip for anyone using disk locks. Get a small piece of electrical wire remove the metal wire from inside so your left with just the shied. Then ever time you put the lock on slide it over the end of your key so it won't go in your ignition to remind you the twats on. Depending on your type of lock you can also put a small hole in it with a loose fitting cable tie and put that threw the loop in the lock when your not using it

Good idea, but they are hateful things. Once saw a full kit wanker (Rossi bike, leathers and lid) climb on his bike at a packed car park, fire it up, nail it and go less than a foot. He wrecked the disc, plastics, leathers and lid. "

Why do you think I thought of it as my old vfr will testify been there done that

g

"i got a z750 which i found very nice to ride, then i got a z1000 that been camed and sports exhaust which is even better to ride and go,s a little faster and quicker. carnt wait till summer is here.

Do you mean the early zs "

both 2005 but look like latter ones . Won't to sell 750 soon

I've I nice triumph Daytona 600 for sale. 03 plate with 14k in silver

Seen a couple of others around the same price with less miles so might go an have a look at those

Hondas hold their prices well as they are reliable and well built. Just ensure its the original plastics in factory paint as replacement plastic and paint jobs may mean it's been thrown down the road. Look for a service history (doesn't need to be Honda dealer) and check the rear sprocket (as you will be paying for a replacement soon after buying). If your buying grips then buy a trickle charger and hook it up whenever you park the bike up for a couple of days. Also buy good quality chain locks and avoid disk locks (I've lost count of people I know who have ridden off and not removed their disk lock) "

I'll add....check the small socket bearing...If it's leaking...walk away....the chain has been too tight and the the shaft bearing is warn and will mean a £700-900 engine split bill for a £18 bearing.

Manchester

"i got a z750 which i found very nice to ride, then i got a z1000 that been camed and sports exhaust which is even better to ride and go,s a little faster and quicker. carnt wait till summer is here.

Do you mean the early zs both 2005 but look like latter ones . Won't to sell 750 soon "

Arrr right don't no why but I thought you was meaning the really early 1s. The Z1000s have a special place in my heart. Might be something to do with nailing my gf at the time over it

"I've I nice triumph Daytona 600 for sale. 03 plate with 14k in silver"

It's a possibility, tho how suitable is it for a first bike

Id gladly take you on the back of mine

"I've I nice triumph Daytona 600 for sale. 03 plate with 14k in silver

It's a possibility, tho how suitable is it for a first bike"

Good first bikes and Triumphs have a good reputation and build quality, the 600's have been round for a while so any 1st model niggles will have been ironed out.

It's a possibility, tho how suitable is it for a first bike"

Not bad, 600cc 100hp.....handles well. 11months mot.....I had a ninja for my first bike

Not bad, 600cc 100hp.....handles well. 11months mot.....I had a ninja for my first bike "

Cant pm you cos we both have widgies

Not bad, 600cc 100hp.....handles well. 11months mot.....I had a ninja for my first bike

Cant pm you cos we both have widgies "

Lol try now

Well I bought a Honda cbr600f

It began to snow as I picked it up, that was a nerve wracking journey home I can tell you.

"Well I bought a Honda cbr600f

It began to snow as I picked it up, that was a nerve wracking journey home I can tell you. "

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

congratulations dude

Horsham

have you still not got a bike yet.

faired bikes with give you more protection, but the have more of the racer riding style so that puts more weight on the wrists at low speed.

And you go faster.

Horsham

Also lose your license quicker.

Remember bikes aren't just for sunny days. Your riding skills will improve if you get out in all weathers, just remember the throttle can be your biggest enemy as well as your best friend. Keep an eye out for diesel spills too

"Remember bikes aren't just for sunny days. Your riding skills will improve if you get out in all weathers, just remember the throttle can be your biggest enemy as well as your best friend. Keep an eye out for diesel spills too"

I probably haven't opened the throttle a quarter turn yet, it was maybe an inch of snow when I got home on it

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

There's nothing like experience I started on a Yamaha fs1-e at 16 and had bikes ever since got 4 at the moment

1981 Yamaha rd350lc

1990 Kawasaki zxr 400

1997 laverda diamanté

1998 Yamaha R1

They all do different things differently but suppose my favourites are the 350lc and the zxr400

Get out and do some trackdays. DONT go on a open pit lane one of your not experienced these will scare you to death. Msvt trackdays offer instruction as well

Enjoy the bike and remember every body else on the road is an idiot

Manchester

"There's nothing like experience I started on a Yamaha fs1-e at 16 and had bikes ever since got 4 at the moment

1981 Yamaha rd350lc

1990 Kawasaki zxr 400

1997 laverda diamanté

1998 Yamaha R1

They all do different things differently but suppose my favourites are the 350lc and the zxr400

Get out and do some trackdays. DONT go on a open pit lane one of your not experienced these will scare you to death. Msvt trackdays offer instruction as well

Enjoy the bike and remember every body else on the road is an idiot "

I'd love to see that Rd God what a blast from the past and as for the fizzy also the start of my longest ever love affair. Happy happy days

Pontefract

The rd isn't exactly standard

It's the early shape one ( the best ) with a Powervalve engine tuned by a well known two stroke tuner. Kawasaki kr1s carbs. Nice modern pipes. And a Ignitech race ignition. Back in the day standard they were about 42 Bhp at the back wheel. This is 66 so only wants to be on one wheel

Manchester

"Well I bought a Honda cbr600f

It began to snow as I picked it up, that was a nerve wracking journey home I can tell you. "

Something tell me you'll not regret it and possibly stick with Honda for some time to come. Good choice

Ktm is my choice of weapon

Manchester

"The rd isn't exactly standard

It's the early shape one ( the best ) with a Powervalve engine tuned by a well known two stroke tuner. Kawasaki kr1s carbs. Nice modern pipes. And a Ignitech race ignition. Back in the day standard they were about 42 Bhp at the back wheel. This is 66 so only wants to be on one wheel "

Shut up you smooth talking devil you

Pontefract

Lol. But they all get used. And abused

Selling my Africa Twin...as soon as I'm back from india In March if anyone us interested message me. I'm not on here much longer though.

Pontefract

Just up loaded pic of the Lc. And it got aproved

It's in the public pics

Manchester

"Lol. But they all get used. And abused "

I hate the fact I just can't use mine every day but till somebody invents a roof rack for a helmet it has to remain a toy

Manchester

"Just up loaded pic of the Lc. And it got aproved

It's in the public pics "

How the funk did you get that aproved. Mind if I steel it ?

Pontefract

Know what you mean. Didn't bother me in my teens to ride all year

Must be getting old

Manchester

"Know what you mean. Didn't bother me in my teens to ride all year

Must be getting old "

Happens to the best of us mate

Pontefract

Not fair though is it

Manchester

"Not fair though is it "

It's a bitch

Well this has solved a mystery I didn't realise this thread had been brought back up was wondering why I'd had four messages this morning offering to take me out on a motorbike lol, I was thinking it strange

Manchester

Rejected

Manchester

"Well this has solved a mystery I didn't realise this thread had been brought back up was wondering why I'd had four messages this morning offering to take me out on a motorbike lol, I was thinking it strange "

Your going to need a better helmet

Pontefract

They do have a habit of returning

Think it's also because us bikers get depressed during the winter

Was out on my Honda at the weekend. ..was nice on Saturday. ..bit greasy but nothing worse that the mud tbh. I do use my bikes all year round and do a lot of off roading too. Doing a coastal ride round ireland in May....hugging the coastal roads as much as possible. 10 days planned.

I rode mine for the first time in the snow, was a little tense

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

"They do have a habit of returning

Think it's also because us bikers get depressed during the winter "

I don't get depressed in winter; I don't know why bikers would be anymore depressed than anyone else .....

Pontefract

Always remember to keep feet up

Your brain doesn't fully switch to balance if you dangle your legs

And get the bike cleaned now in all the nooks and crannies. Bikes hate salt

Manchester

"I rode mine for the first time in the snow, was a little tense"

This is when the real learning to ride begins. Take your time ride to your own confidence if your mates want to razz off in front let them don't be pushed into anything your not fully confidant about. Oh and not sure about what your instructor told you about cars waiting to pull out at junctions but I remember being told to try and make eye contact well bollex to that watch his wheels. If they start turning the brain dead fucktards coming out unless it's a 17yr old with them silly spinners

Manchester

Oh yes and this may sound silly but don't ever look where you don't want to go. No idea why but your brain make you steer where you look. Welcome to the best club in the world. Bikers are the friendliest people you'll ever meet

Horsham

"There's nothing like experience I started on a Yamaha fs1-e at 16 and had bikes ever since got 4 at the moment

1981 Yamaha rd350lc

1990 Kawasaki zxr 400

1997 laverda diamanté

1998 Yamaha R1

Enjoy the bike and remember every body else on the road is an idiot "

Yamaha DT125R,

Honda VFR400R (NC24),

Honda CBR600 (Jelly mould)

Yamaha RD400DX ,

Suzuki RF6090R,

Yamaha R6,

Suzuki RF900R

Learned more on the DT & VFR than the bigger bikes, as you don't have the power & speed to fall back on.

Pontefract

I had a rd400 back in the day

So much torque it lived on the back wheel

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Oh yes and this may sound silly but don't ever look where you don't want to go. No idea why but your brain make you steer where you look."

Great advice, if you ever find ourself going a bit quick into a corner, look where you want to go not where you don't want to end up

Pontefract

It's called target fixation

I'm going to be using it to commute on, any suggestions about what winter kit is good

So had the bike just over a week and done a run into work thru rush hour traffic, even going slow I was 10 minutes faster than when in the car

g

love mine. the nuts for driveing in to london.can get to center in 20 min but in van 1 hr.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

"I'm going to be using it to commute on, any suggestions about what winter kit is good"

Cold wet hands is a real nightmare; and it's difficult to get good winter gloves that are really waterproof;

They look a bit crap, but the big handlebar muffs are really good keeping hands warm and dry; and you can wear thinner gloves inside them.

( yes I know! Nice to have your hands in a warm muff haha)

Worth investing in a good textile one piece rain suit too; nothing worse than rain seeping under your jacket and ending up with cold wet bollocks.

If you can afford them; the Sidi " Black Rain" boots are good, too, and the soles aren't bad if you have to put a foot down on the wet greasy Tarmac

Well I have had a bike now for over a month, and I must say it's almost compulsive now.

Always looking out for other bikers, when I'm not on mine

» Add a new message to this topic