FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > name change

name change

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *izzy. OP   Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

I changed my name for Christmas. When I went to change it back to Lizzy I discover a newbie joined 5 days ago and now has use of my name. I have had it since 2009.

Do I ask the newbie to change or just accept my new name with a full stop after.

More importantly does it mean people can't find me in searches. I can't get my head round what the effects will be?

Confused and a little sad.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Those are the risks I'm afraid and it would be unfair to ask the other person to change their name as its not their fault.

Anyone who had you on their hotlist and friends list will still find you under your new name.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

That's why I didn't participate in the Christmas name change game. Was always a risk your old username could be taken.

Stoke area

It didn't occur to me that someone would join in the 7 days I changed my name, with the same name as me.

Glad to know friends will not lose me !

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

This is the reason I don't change my name either, I think this has occurred in the past

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I got slated because my name was almost identical to another female who lives opposite end of country to me

Stoke area

Thanks for your input. If I met people at clubs it was easy to say my fab name is Lizzy. Now I need to say lizzy with a full stop. No big deal I guess. Remind me not to change my name next Christmas! !!

» Add a new message to this topic