FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Suspension bondage

Suspension bondage

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can anyone help answer a question, I want to put up some anchors on my bedroom ceiling for the specific use of suspension bondage, my problem is how much weight would the joists be able to take? And would it be better to put in an exposed joist?

I don't have the luxury of being able to look at the joists from above ie in the loft, or can anyone recommend an alternative to hang my rig from?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Can anyone help answer a question, I want to put up some anchors on my bedroom ceiling for the specific use of suspension bondage, my problem is how much weight would the joists be able to take? And would it be better to put in an exposed joist?

I don't have the luxury of being able to look at the joists from above ie in the loft, or can anyone recommend an alternative to hang my rig from?"

Why can't you inspect the joists? Is it a ceiling between say your flat and another above?

Big 4 poster bed with extra sturdy cross braced top?

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

If your joists can't support the weight of a human, then I suspect they're not fit for purpose.

Ceiling joists are generally at least 4x2 which should suffice

No I can't get into the lift because that's where the landlord grows his drugs just kidding, yeah it's a flat, sort of, the principal is the same.

The four poster is a good idea, but I've only just bought a new bed 4 months ago, and within the confines of a bed frame, it doesn't give much room to swing a flogger

"If your joists can't support the weight of a human, then I suspect they're not fit for purpose.

Ceiling joists are generally at least 4x2 which should suffice "

What made you say human? Who has been talking? I was cleared of all those charges

"No I can't get into the lift because that's where the landlord grows his drugs just kidding, yeah it's a flat, sort of, the principal is the same.

The four poster is a good idea, but I've only just bought a new bed 4 months ago, and within the confines of a bed frame, it doesn't give much room to swing a flogger "

Issue with it being a floor is that you dont know what's up there.

It should easily take a person but im not sure how youd inslect where to drill etc to make sure you dont weajen a joint etc without taking your celing down.

So the joists mate up to the person above floor in tull contact (is will you be relying purely upon threads in the wood rather than being able to put a metal plate on top with a nut on the top side to bolt to?)

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Just tie them up on your bed and tell them you'll release them sooner or later then go out for a bit. That'll keep them in suspense, in bondage.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've just got a hook on my ceiling... it's in one of the joists and it supports me but I don't think I'd suspend myself from it full weight... I'd likely bring the whole roof down! It currently supports a very nice Morrocan lamp!

You'd probably be best with a bdsm suspension right rather than breaking someone's neck

"You'd probably be best with a bdsm suspension right rather than breaking someone's neck "

Rig* not right lol

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

is your next post gonna be 'how do you tie somebody up from a hook'?

"is your next post gonna be 'how do you tie somebody up from a hook'? "

I have my way, but there are loads of ways to enjoy rope play, and I'm always willing to learn new things

I think I'm just going to leave the joist alone, especially being as I like ladies of the fuller figure.

I'm thinking of putting beams in, held up by beams down the walls like big goal posts that way I have an inconspicuous dungeon, ready to go at a moments notice, unless anyone has any better ideas

Your joists will take it no problem.

Put it this way. We've built a dormer extension and had two purlins, ones be taken out and the other has to have a steel plate which ways about 250kg bolted to it.

Not hung into the wall, just held up by the purlin. To stop it bowing. If it can take that extra weight the joists will take it without worry.

You could always bolt into two or three joists if it worries you and spread any weight across them.

» Add a new message to this topic