FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Resteraunts

Resteraunts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ikeC81 OP   Man  over a year ago

harrow

I was in a resteraunt that shall remain nameless asked for a table was told it was a 30 min wait had a look, there was at least 15 empty tables

Apparently loads of people had come in so it was a 30 min wait - I have never heard of this at an mid filled resteraunt, I was very confused - I think it was more like they didn't have enough staff on

Tbh the food and it's pretty nice shame the start was not so great

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

I have been in situations like this before.

I said stuff the reservation and your crappy organisational skills, I'm going next door.

It was much better too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Knowing the industry a bit they usually like to keep the restaurant steady flowing so the kitchen isn't overwhelmed with with a load of orders at once, although there may have been other reasons in your case.

By *ikeC81 OP   Man  over a year ago

harrow

Could be but never had this all the time I have eaten out so was a but surprised

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I was in a resteraunt that shall remain nameless asked for a table was told it was a 30 min wait had a look, there was at least 15 empty tables

Apparently loads of people had come in so it was a 30 min wait - I have never heard of this at an mid filled resteraunt, I was very confused - I think it was more like they didn't have enough staff on

Tbh the food and it's pretty nice shame the start was not so great "

30 minute wait for a table or food?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I was in a resteraunt that shall remain nameless asked for a table was told it was a 30 min wait had a look, there was at least 15 empty tables

30 minute wait for a table or food?"

that's what I was going to ask

Restaurants probably have the same problems that every business that pays a minimum wage to their staff has ,sickness and turnover and also peak times ,if you pick a popular time this is going to happen a lot ,patience is rapidly going out the window in every walk of life

I'd expect to be seated and to be served drinks as we wait, and the situation explained.

If not, I'd go elsewhere.

"Knowing the industry a bit they usually like to keep the restaurant steady flowing so the kitchen isn't overwhelmed with with a load of orders at once, although there may have been other reasons in your case."

This

Speaking from A LOT of experience in the hospitality industry, if we allow the restaurant to fill at once, everyone orders at once, kitchen gets manic, massive wait on food, customers get stressed, waiting staff gets stressed, kitchen gets stressed.

30 minute wait for a table or food?"

thats what im thinking, 30 minutes to wait for food is nothing, unless you class a restaurant as a spoons or yates!

» Add a new message to this topic