FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hunting with dogs

Hunting with dogs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unlovers OP   Couple  over a year ago

rotherham

On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not sure what there is to agree or disagree about? They no longer 'hunt' with dogs, the hounds follow a trail and people follow. Kind of a low fat socially acceptable version!!

rotherham

I didn't realise it still happened as I thought it had been banned

Dogs hunting a fox

I personally think it's bad

Just wondered what other people opinions where

Simples

"Not sure what there is to agree or disagree about? They no longer 'hunt' with dogs, the hounds follow a trail and people follow. Kind of a low fat socially acceptable version!! "

Unless they accidentally happen to stumble across a fox! Doesn't bother me personally.

That's what I was saying.... They don't hunt fox's, the hounds follow a pre laid scent trail

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I have never been against hunting and wouldn't worry if it was repealed although I don't expect it will be at any time.

"I didn't realise it still happened as I thought it had been banned

Dogs hunting a fox

Simples

"

Doesn't still happen. It is banned. Like someone else has already said they follow a pre laid scent or in the case of blood hounds a human runner sets off on a pre planned route and the dogs follow.

By *idsAndyMan  over a year ago

Worcestershire

Dogs hunting a fox

Simples

Doesn't still happen. It is banned. Like someone else has already said they follow a pre laid scent or in the case of blood hounds a human runner sets off on a pre planned route and the dogs follow. "

It's not near the top of my worry list but that sounds even more idiotic than actually hunting with dogs

I've never agreed with hunting with dogs, I used to work in a job where pest control was a big part of it, mainly the control of the population of rabbits, and I've seen the aftermath of what dogs do to rabbits it's cruel and barbaric, a rifle is much more efficient and kinder, and that goes for all pest species, no animal should have to suffer the fear of being chased by a pack of dogs, or even one dog, I don't care if it is tradition, like some toffs and inbread yocals will tell you

King's Crustacean

Dogs hunting a fox

Simples

Doesn't still happen. It is banned. Like someone else has already said they follow a pre laid scent or in the case of blood hounds a human runner sets off on a pre planned route and the dogs follow.

It's not near the top of my worry list but that sounds even more idiotic than actually hunting with dogs "

They ARE hunting with dogs. There's just no fox at the other end.

"I've never agreed with hunting with dogs, I used to work in a job where pest control was a big part of it, mainly the control of the population of rabbits, and I've seen the aftermath of what dogs do to rabbits it's cruel and barbaric, a rifle is much more efficient and kinder, and that goes for all pest species, no animal should have to suffer the fear of being chased by a pack of dogs, or even one dog, I don't care if it is tradition, like some toffs and inbread yocals will tell you"

But they don't catch fox's anymore, its just a trail. And youll find most of the 'toffs' and 'inbreds' are really nice people

"I've never agreed with hunting with dogs, I used to work in a job where pest control was a big part of it, mainly the control of the population of rabbits, and I've seen the aftermath of what dogs do to rabbits it's cruel and barbaric, a rifle is much more efficient and kinder, and that goes for all pest species, no animal should have to suffer the fear of being chased by a pack of dogs, or even one dog, I don't care if it is tradition, like some toffs and inbread yocals will tell you"

I have seen the damage by a rifle where the animal hasn't been killed outright so you saying it being kinder is a load of rubbish

Anyway. I'm just about to tack up and head off

rotherham

Wish I'd never asked

"Wish I'd never asked"

There has been other threads on this and they never end well.

Worcestershire

Dogs hunting a fox

Simples

It's not near the top of my worry list but that sounds even more idiotic than actually hunting with dogs

They ARE hunting with dogs. There's just no fox at the other end. "

If there's no fox then surely they aren't hunting?

rotherham

Ok ok

End of

Xx

Love people interfering with other people's lives just because they don't like it.

I live next to a park. Foxes kill the birds in the most barbaric way. They always seem to pull their wings off first. Takes ages for the bird to die. We here the screams nightly here.

Live in a inner city area so never seen an hunt or know anyone who does so it's not up to me to decide.

rotherham

Great

"I've never agreed with hunting with dogs, I used to work in a job where pest control was a big part of it, mainly the control of the population of rabbits, and I've seen the aftermath of what dogs do to rabbits it's cruel and barbaric, a rifle is much more efficient and kinder, and that goes for all pest species, no animal should have to suffer the fear of being chased by a pack of dogs, or even one dog, I don't care if it is tradition, like some toffs and inbread yocals will tell you

I have seen the damage by a rifle where the animal hasn't been killed outright so you saying it being kinder is a load of rubbish "

and out of all the animals shot every year, what percentage do you think aren't clean shots? Compare that to how many animals die a long draw out savage death due to hare coursing or any hunting with dogs, don't tell me that what I'm saying is a load of rubbish just because you have seen what an idiot with a gun can do, because what idiots with dogs do is far worse, no method of pest control is perfect, but a quick kill is better than some barbaric entertainment

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

"Love people interfering with other people's lives just because they don't like it.

I live next to a park. Foxes kill the birds in the most barbaric way. They always seem to pull their wings off first. Takes ages for the bird to die. We here the screams nightly here.

Live in a inner city area so never seen an hunt or know anyone who does so it's not up to me to decide. "

should never have stopped loved watching them go on the boxing day hunt

"I've never agreed with hunting with dogs, I used to work in a job where pest control was a big part of it, mainly the control of the population of rabbits, and I've seen the aftermath of what dogs do to rabbits it's cruel and barbaric, a rifle is much more efficient and kinder, and that goes for all pest species, no animal should have to suffer the fear of being chased by a pack of dogs, or even one dog, I don't care if it is tradition, like some toffs and inbread yocals will tell you

I have seen the damage by a rifle where the animal hasn't been killed outright so you saying it being kinder is a load of rubbish and out of all the animals shot every year, what percentage do you think aren't clean shots? Compare that to how many animals die a long draw out savage death due to hare coursing or any hunting with dogs, don't tell me that what I'm saying is a load of rubbish just because you have seen what an idiot with a gun can do, because what idiots with dogs do is far worse, no method of pest control is perfect, but a quick kill is better than some barbaric entertainment"

You do realise that fox hunting is banned ? I have also seen what someone's pet dog can do to a sheep so are you saying all dog owners are idiots?

rotherham

This is getting a bit daft now

I did say end of

Lmao

Dogs hunting a fox

Simples

They ARE hunting with dogs. There's just no fox at the other end.

If there's no fox then surely they aren't hunting?"

Correct.

They're funting instead

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

I have seen the damage by a rifle where the animal hasn't been killed outright so you saying it being kinder is a load of rubbish and out of all the animals shot every year, what percentage do you think aren't clean shots? Compare that to how many animals die a long draw out savage death due to hare coursing or any hunting with dogs, don't tell me that what I'm saying is a load of rubbish just because you have seen what an idiot with a gun can do, because what idiots with dogs do is far worse, no method of pest control is perfect, but a quick kill is better than some barbaric entertainment

You do realise that fox hunting is banned ? I have also seen what someone's pet dog can do to a sheep so are you saying all dog owners are idiots? "

yes seen sheep with a leg chewed of a few time,s with pet dogs

rotherham

I have seen the damage by a rifle where the animal hasn't been killed outright so you saying it being kinder is a load of rubbish and out of all the animals shot every year, what percentage do you think aren't clean shots? Compare that to how many animals die a long draw out savage death due to hare coursing or any hunting with dogs, don't tell me that what I'm saying is a load of rubbish just because you have seen what an idiot with a gun can do, because what idiots with dogs do is far worse, no method of pest control is perfect, but a quick kill is better than some barbaric entertainment

You do realise that fox hunting is banned ? I have also seen what someone's pet dog can do to a sheep so are you saying all dog owners are idiots? "

Of course I'm not saying all dog owners are idiots, but if they have let their dog go after sheep then they clearly are, if you are any where near sheep with a dog you should keep it on a lead, simple, and yes I do know fox hunting is banned as well as hunting with dogs, I was commenting on how barbaric hunting with dogs is, and pointing out that there are more humane alternatives, but I guess you will always get the odd person that takes a simplistic view of the world just for the sake of proving someone wrong, but it never works

You do realise that fox hunting is banned ? I have also seen what someone's pet dog can do to a sheep so are you saying all dog owners are idiots?

Of course I'm not saying all dog owners are idiots, but if they have let their dog go after sheep then they clearly are, if you are any where near sheep with a dog you should keep it on a lead, simple, and yes I do know fox hunting is banned as well as hunting with dogs, I was commenting on how barbaric hunting with dogs is, and pointing out that there are more humane alternatives, but I guess you will always get the odd person that takes a simplistic view of the world just for the sake of proving someone wrong, but it never works"

You said being shot is kinder. Death isn't always instant. How is that kinder? More foxes are killed on the road than by hounds. Should they ban cars as well

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx"

oh this is a subject that gets heated sometimes people view it as a cruel sport and others don't ,I don't really mind either way each to their own, now of course if they were hunting me a whole different bag of kettle chips wholly agree with it

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Are you saying that if they weren't toffs and inbred yocals then it would be OK? If not then why add the totally unnecessary country folk discrimination, or do feel it's OK to basically racially slur a whole section of British society because they're white?

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx oh this is a subject that gets heated sometimes people view it as a cruel sport and others don't ,I don't really mind either way each to their own, now of course if they were hunting me a whole different bag of kettle chips wholly agree with it "

The smiley emoticon police would hunt you down Tradey, for wilful wastage of smiley emoticons!

They'd chase you with delete buttons

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx"

I don't know i was asleep at the time. But if you say it was then i have no reason to doubt you.

Worcestershire

Of course I'm not saying all dog owners are idiots, but if they have let their dog go after sheep then they clearly are, if you are any where near sheep with a dog you should keep it on a lead, simple, and yes I do know fox hunting is banned as well as hunting with dogs, I was commenting on how barbaric hunting with dogs is, and pointing out that there are more humane alternatives, but I guess you will always get the odd person that takes a simplistic view of the world just for the sake of proving someone wrong, but it never works

You said being shot is kinder. Death isn't always instant. How is that kinder? More foxes are killed on the road than by hounds. Should they ban cars as well "

If I had to choose between a bullet and being ripped apart by dogs I think I'd risk a bad shot

I think what people are saying is that because foxes kill birds, shots are often bad so death isn't instant and foxes get run over, we should all dress up like clowns, saddle up, get boozed up on Cherry Brandy and go tear some foxes apart.

Sorry OP xx

You said being shot is kinder. Death isn't always instant. How is that kinder? More foxes are killed on the road than by hounds. Should they ban cars as well "

Yeah, ban cars, guns, dogs natural predators, forest fires floods, global warming, take down the city's and restore the whole world to how it was 65 million years ago, that way no animals will die out, oh wait I forgot about the dinosaurs.

I'm saying, and please try to stay with me on this, it's important, that while hunting with guns isn't 100% free from cruelty, it's far more humane than being ripped apart by a dog, that's what I am saying, but you are coming off as having the view that hunting with dogs is more humane than hunting with a rifle, where as HUNTING WITH A RIFLE IS THE MORE HUMANE WAY OF CULLING PESTS, I hope this has made the whole issue a bit clearer for you, no need to ban cars, no need to ban dog ownership, and no need to ban the consumption of live yoghurt or what ever else you are going to put forward as an argument next, all I am saying is that hunting with dogs is WRONG!

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/438654

The Hunt has been told it's catergorically not allowed near our land. Upsets the horses and I have no desire to see or hear about a fox "accidently" getting caught by the hounds.

If and a very big if a Fox causes problems round here they get shot.

Are you saying that if they weren't toffs and inbred yocals then it would be OK? If not then why add the totally unnecessary country folk discrimination, or do feel it's OK to basically racially slur a whole section of British society because they're white?"

Ooh now I don't believe I said anything about white people, and people who live in the country are not to the best of my knowledge are not a race, black people also live in the country so come on now, don't accuse someone of being racist when you don't have a clear definition of what racism is, it makes you sound, well, a bit racist, especially if your view of the countryside is a place where only white people live, and that's not nice is it

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx oh this is a subject that gets heated sometimes people view it as a cruel sport and others don't ,I don't really mind either way each to their own, now of course if they were hunting me a whole different bag of kettle chips wholly agree with it "

hehe chase me chase me

" And youll find most of the 'toffs' and 'inbreds' are really nice people"

I don't really see how anyone who takes pleasure in watching a terrified animal being tortured to death can be a "really nice person". Disturbed, maybe, nice, na!!

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx oh this is a subject that gets heated sometimes people view it as a cruel sport and others don't ,I don't really mind either way each to their own, now of course if they were hunting me a whole different bag of kettle chips wholly agree with it hehe chase me chase me "

Just not with dogs

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx oh this is a subject that gets heated sometimes people view it as a cruel sport and others don't ,I don't really mind either way each to their own, now of course if they were hunting me a whole different bag of kettle chips wholly agree with it hehe chase me chase me

Just not with dogs "

them lil itty bitty dogs are ok shots-sues and chee-wowas

I'd personally like to see a few people in this thread being hunted by a pack of dogs ready to tear them limb from limb for their antiquated views

You said being shot is kinder. Death isn't always instant. How is that kinder? More foxes are killed on the road than by hounds. Should they ban cars as well

Yeah, ban cars, guns, dogs natural predators, forest fires floods, global warming, take down the city's and restore the whole world to how it was 65 million years ago, that way no animals will die out, oh wait I forgot about the dinosaurs.

I'm saying, and please try to stay with me on this, it's important, that while hunting with guns isn't 100% free from cruelty, it's far more humane than being ripped apart by a dog, that's what I am saying, but you are coming off as having the view that hunting with dogs is more humane than hunting with a rifle, where as HUNTING WITH A RIFLE IS THE MORE HUMANE WAY OF CULLING PESTS, I hope this has made the whole issue a bit clearer for you, no need to ban cars, no need to ban dog ownership, and no need to ban the consumption of live yoghurt or what ever else you are going to put forward as an argument next, all I am saying is that hunting with dogs is WRONG! "

What about Rats...what is the best way to deal with them...poisoning or dogs

I know which one would be the quickest way and cause less suffering

I'm saying, and please try to stay with me on this, it's important, that while hunting with guns isn't 100% free from cruelty, it's far more humane than being ripped apart by a dog, that's what I am saying, but you are coming off as having the view that hunting with dogs is more humane than hunting with a rifle, where as HUNTING WITH A RIFLE IS THE MORE HUMANE WAY OF CULLING PESTS, I hope this has made the whole issue a bit clearer for you, no need to ban cars, no need to ban dog ownership, and no need to ban the consumption of live yoghurt or what ever else you are going to put forward as an argument next, all I am saying is that hunting with dogs is WRONG!

What about Rats...what is the best way to deal with them...poisoning or dogs

I know which one would be the quickest way and cause less suffering "

I suppose it depends on how badly you want rid of the rats, rats will get away from a dog, in a small confined space like a kitchen where there are places to hide, but poison will (mostly) kill them, that's a hard one to which I confess I don't have an answer for

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx"

It's ok to hunt with dogs as long as you shoot the fox with a gun

When you have seen what a fox can do in a hen house or lambing pens you will understand

If you have actually ever been hunting you would realise that the actual hunt and the Social is quite fun

It has always been the same the poor trying to stop the fun for the rich

People will always hunt and those that do it irresponsibly like poachers have ruined a multi million pound industry

Just like swearing

rotherham

Calm down

Calm down

Shall I get kettle on

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx

When you have seen what a fox can do in a hen house or lambing pens you will understand

If you have actually ever been hunting you would realise that the actual hunt and the Social is quite fun

People will always hunt and those that do it irresponsibly like poachers have ruined a multi million pound industry

Just like swearing "

Maybe the rich should get their kicks from something which doesn't include an animal being chased by a bunch of other animals intent or tearing it limb from limb?

And you don't think there are rich people out there who oppose this barbaric antiquated practice? I think there'll be plenty who do.

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx

Just like swearing "

Yeah, the poor are bastards, how dare the stop the fun of the rich, first you can't own other people, then you can't rip animals apart with dogs, what is the world coming to

"Calm down

Calm down

Shall I get kettle on"

Please, milk and two, I think I might be here a while

"Calm down

Calm down

Shall I get kettle on"

you started this and you knew what you were doing ,your punishment is you have to go to boxing day sales

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

It's the big hunt meet here today. Boxing day tradition.

When I was a kid always used to follow the hunt.

Quorn and belvoir are the two main hunts and that's where I live

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx

Just like swearing

Yeah, the poor are bastards, how dare the stop the fun of the rich, first you can't own other people, then you can't rip animals apart with dogs, what is the world coming to"

Next they'll be wanting a living wage. Disgusting peasants *spit*.

It really hurts me that people like this gentleman are around, able to spread their bile.

If they want to go for a nice horsey ride and take their dogs with them for the exercise I don't see any problems. As long as they can control their dogs so they don't accidentally enter someone else's land and attack their dogs, not damage property and the horses don't get injured.

The country is the country unless you were bought up in the country in a farming or estate environment

You won't understand the dynamics of hunting or the benefit it has in the countryside . And most importantly more foxes are being shot now than were ever hunted in the past.

At one point they were not even living in the country . Not because they were all hunted to extinction, but because 25 to 50 sometimes more horses following a pack of at least 20 dogs sometimes more mAkes a hell of a lot of noise and the foxes all fucked off to live in the town .

Hunting in the past very rarely caught a fox but nowadays it's almost an every hunt occurrence

It's a jolly good day out if you like dogs , horses and a good chat

Widnes

Are you saying that if they weren't toffs and inbred yocals then it would be OK? If not then why add the totally unnecessary country folk discrimination, or do feel it's OK to basically racially slur a whole section of British society because they're white?

Ooh now I don't believe I said anything about white people, and people who live in the country are not to the best of my knowledge are not a race, black people also live in the country so come on now, don't accuse someone of being racist when you don't have a clear definition of what racism is, it makes you sound, well, a bit racist, especially if your view of the countryside is a place where only white people live, and that's not nice is it "

I think you're so far up your own self-righteousness on this one that you can't even see your own prejudice in what you're saying. Please explain to me exactly what 'inbred yocals' means. And while you're at it maybe you can explain how 'inbred yocals' can also be mixed race. The term 'inbred yocals' is clearly both an untrue statement and racially discriminatory against any indigenous peoples, including white Europeans

King's Crustacean

The rich ?

Some of you are confusing money with breeding , tradition and culture.

King's Crustacean

On a pendantary note....... it's yokels

Watched "the purge" last night.

Quite a lot of similarities to what I'm reading on this thread.

Ooh now I don't believe I said anything about white people, and people who live in the country are not to the best of my knowledge are not a race, black people also live in the country so come on now, don't accuse someone of being racist when you don't have a clear definition of what racism is, it makes you sound, well, a bit racist, especially if your view of the countryside is a place where only white people live, and that's not nice is it

I think you're so far up your own self-righteousness on this one that you can't even see your own prejudice in what you're saying. Please explain to me exactly what 'inbred yocals' means. And while you're at it maybe you can explain how 'inbred yocals' can also be mixed race. The term 'inbred yocals' is clearly both an untrue statement and racially discriminatory against any indigenous peoples, including white Europeans"

and would you have taken this view had I have been a white man? No, you wouldn't, so I'm not the racist here, you are, you have perceived something I have said as racist, ironically because I am black, so if I were you I would stop embarrassing yourself, and find a subject to talk about that you know the meaning of, because you clearly think that where you live in the world be it City or country has something to do with race, it doesn't, now don't call me racist again, until you have got a dictionary and looked the word up

King's Crustacean

Will you bang her tho ?

"Will you bang her tho ?"

"Will you bang her tho ?"

I've just nearly choked laughing at that lol

One thing that I don't understand is how people go on about torturing little defenceless animals like rabbits..if a dog gets a rabbit it's dead within seconds...but are ok with animals on a production line.This cow gets a bullet...sorry this one gets strung up by its back legs and it's throat cut and left to die for up to 3 minutes.Then there's the chickens which are hung up by their legs and sent on a merry go round to get their throats cut.

It's a strange world.

King's Crustacean

"Will you bang her tho ?

I've just nearly choked laughing at that lol"

Good It was all getting silly. x

Widnes

I think you're so far up your own self-righteousness on this one that you can't even see your own prejudice in what you're saying. Please explain to me exactly what 'inbred yocals' means. And while you're at it maybe you can explain how 'inbred yocals' can also be mixed race. The term 'inbred yocals' is clearly both an untrue statement and racially discriminatory against any indigenous peoples, including white Europeans

and would you have taken this view had I have been a white man? No, you wouldn't, so I'm not the racist here, you are, you have perceived something I have said as racist, ironically because I am black, so if I were you I would stop embarrassing yourself, and find a subject to talk about that you know the meaning of, because you clearly think that where you live in the world be it City or country has something to do with race, it doesn't, now don't call me racist again, until you have got a dictionary and looked the word up"

I will call you a racist if that is what I think your statements are regardless of the colour of your skin. I also noticed that you still haven't explained what exactly you meant by the term 'inbred yocals'. Maybe because you know there is know way to explain that statement without sounding racist. You being black does not make you exempt from being racist and definitely does not give you immunity from criticism when you make derogatory remarks against whole sections of a community based solely on your own prejudices. And, for the record, only having read your comments and seen your avatar picture, I didn't know you were black till you said so. So, yes, I would call anyone who made those sort of statements about others racist even if they were white themselves. Just like discrimination against Irish, Jews or East Europeans is racist and they are all mostly white.

"One thing that I don't understand is how people go on about torturing little defenceless animals like rabbits..if a dog gets a rabbit it's dead within seconds...but are ok with animals on a production line.This cow gets a bullet...sorry this one gets strung up by its back legs and it's throat cut and left to die for up to 3 minutes.Then there's the chickens which are hung up by their legs and sent on a merry go round to get their throats cut.

It's a strange world."

I'm not ok with cows on production lines or chickens getting their throats cut.

Inbread yocals, people who are the result of of sexual activity between close family members, who are commonly thick, and have webbed feet, and live in back water arse end of nowhere places where they still point at aeroplanes.

Yes this is a horrible thing to call someone, it is a derogatory term the same as a country dweller dismissively calling someone who is not from the country city folk, meaning someone who is soft and the like

I apologise to anyone who's parents are siblings who took offence to my inappropriate choice of words, because, it's only people that are inbread that the statement is aimed at.

Now, upon explaining myself to you, can you please break down how me being derogatory about the result of cousins marrying is about ethnicity or race, because you are starting to get on my pup with this calling me racist shit, if you are going to call me out on something at least have the intelligence to call me out for something I did do, not just because you got all confused,

And by the way, my avatar is clearly not easy to confuse with someone of a European completion, unles European means having brown skin.

Now, stop calling me a racist

"Inbread yocals, people who are the result of of sexual activity between close family members, who are commonly thick, and have webbed feet, and live in back water arse end of nowhere places where they still point at aeroplanes.

Yes this is a horrible thing to call someone, it is a derogatory term the same as a country dweller dismissively calling someone who is not from the country city folk, meaning someone who is soft and the like

I apologise to anyone who's parents are siblings who took offence to my inappropriate choice of words, because, it's only people that are inbread that the statement is aimed at.

Now, upon explaining myself to you, can you please break down how me being derogatory about the result of cousins marrying is about ethnicity or race, because you are starting to get on my pup with this calling me racist shit, if you are going to call me out on something at least have the intelligence to call me out for something I did do, not just because you got all confused,

And by the way, my avatar is clearly not easy to confuse with someone of a European completion, unles European means having brown skin.

Now, stop calling me a racist"

That made me laugh so loudly my son nearly called the men in white coats

Inbread so is that like hovis for the ridings .

How above the rest of the inbreads what would Berkshire be

Perhaps some one can explain

"One thing that I don't understand is how people go on about torturing little defenceless animals like rabbits..if a dog gets a rabbit it's dead within seconds...but are ok with animals on a production line.This cow gets a bullet...sorry this one gets strung up by its back legs and it's throat cut and left to die for up to 3 minutes.Then there's the chickens which are hung up by their legs and sent on a merry go round to get their throats cut.

It's a strange world.

I'm not ok with cows on production lines or chickens getting their throats cut. "

Good...I wish more people were like you.

"

I'm not ok with cows on production lines or chickens getting their throats cut.

Good...I wish more people were like you."

Try visitor a chicken farm it will put you off eating chicken for life and the quality and standards of conditions they live in go from making you cry to make you feel sad

"I'd personally like to see a few people in this thread being hunted by a pack of dogs ready to tear them limb from limb for their antiquated views "

The point is that doesn't happen anymore. That's banned, we simply follow a trail.... I really don't see the problem with that??

When Fox hunting was banned here, we helped out with the advice for landowners who wanted to get rid of the fox population via gassing or poisoning. Gassing seemed the cheapest option and with least risk to other species.

"That's what I was saying.... They don't hunt fox's, the hounds follow a pre laid scent trail"

You are so far off the truth there. They use numerous loop holes to kill foxes

"That's what I was saying.... They don't hunt fox's, the hounds follow a pre laid scent trail

You are so far off the truth there. They use numerous loop holes to kill foxes "

Do you hunt?

"That's what I was saying.... They don't hunt fox's, the hounds follow a pre laid scent trail

Do you hunt? "

You won't get any where every one who rides hunts or has hunting dogs is a cold blooded murderer that runs round the countryside killing innocent foxes who are cute and cuddly and only eat flowers

By *isexmistressWoman  over a year ago

Prestwich

But they don't catch fox's anymore, its just a trail. And youll find most of the 'toffs' and 'inbreds' are really nice people"

`Nice people`?

That are cruel.

Prestwich

"The country is the country unless you were bought up in the country in a farming or estate environment

You won't understand the dynamics of hunting or the benefit it has in the countryside . And most importantly more foxes are being shot now than were ever hunted in the past.

At one point they were not even living in the country . Not because they were all hunted to extinction, but because 25 to 50 sometimes more horses following a pack of at least 20 dogs sometimes more mAkes a hell of a lot of noise and the foxes all fucked off to live in the town .

Hunting in the past very rarely caught a fox but nowadays it's almost an every hunt occurrence

It's a jolly good day out if you like dogs , horses and a good chat "

Ive read of loads of instances where peoples pets were torn to shreds...

Great day out im sure

But they don't catch fox's anymore, its just a trail. And youll find most of the 'toffs' and 'inbreds' are really nice people

`Nice people`?

That are cruel."

Again. It's not cruel, nothing gets eaten. We follow a trail

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx"

It takes one dumb animal to hunt another !

`Nice people`?

That are cruel.

Again. It's not cruel, nothing gets eaten. We follow a trail"

Maybe your hunt is different, but foxes are still killed by hounds if they happen to be around, it is quite common. I don't have an issue with it, but I don't think it does the pro hunt lobby any favours to say it doesn't happen.

`Nice people`?

That are cruel.

Maybe your hunt is different, but foxes are still killed by hounds if they happen to be around, it is quite common. I don't have an issue with it, but I don't think it does the pro hunt lobby any favours to say it doesn't happen."

But its the same as you don't go out aiming to run over a rabbit for instance... It sometimes happens but its not intentional. We or certainly I don't go out with the sole purpose of seeing a fox killed. I go out for the ride and the people and being in parts of our beautiful countryside that I wouldn't get to see otherwise, plus watching the hounds work is magical. I would say most people out with me today feel exactly the same.

Do you hunt?

You won't get any where every one who rides hunts or has hunting dogs is a cold blooded murderer that runs round the countryside killing innocent foxes who are cute and cuddly and only eat flowers "

That's not fair, people have their own opinions and quite rightly so, I just don't like unfounded 'facts' being batted about to prove a point.

`Nice people`?

That are cruel.

Maybe your hunt is different, but foxes are still killed by hounds if they happen to be around, it is quite common. I don't have an issue with it, but I don't think it does the pro hunt lobby any favours to say it doesn't happen.

But its the same as you don't go out aiming to run over a rabbit for instance... It sometimes happens but its not intentional. We or certainly I don't go out with the sole purpose of seeing a fox killed. I go out for the ride and the people and being in parts of our beautiful countryside that I wouldn't get to see otherwise, plus watching the hounds work is magical. I would say most people out with me today feel exactly the same."

So just go for a ride without the hounds?? As I said, it doesn't bother me either way, but it happens, and regularly.

`Nice people`?

That are cruel.

But its the same as you don't go out aiming to run over a rabbit for instance... It sometimes happens but its not intentional. We or certainly I don't go out with the sole purpose of seeing a fox killed. I go out for the ride and the people and being in parts of our beautiful countryside that I wouldn't get to see otherwise, plus watching the hounds work is magical. I would say most people out with me today feel exactly the same.

So just go for a ride without the hounds?? As I said, it doesn't bother me either way, but it happens, and regularly."

Do you hunt regularly?

`Nice people`?

That are cruel.

So just go for a ride without the hounds?? As I said, it doesn't bother me either way, but it happens, and regularly.

Do you hunt regularly?"

No

`Nice people`?

That are cruel.

Do you hunt regularly?

No"

So how do you know all this?

`Nice people`?

That are cruel.

Do you hunt regularly?

No

So how do you know all this?"

Because I have many friends who do. I don't think it should have been banned. But I don't think much has changed. The only way to guarantee it is just a pleasant day out, a nice ride with friends with a few drinks would be to leave the hounds behind.

`Nice people`?

That are cruel.

Do you hunt regularly?

No

So how do you know all this?

Because I have many friends who do. I don't think it should have been banned. But I don't think much has changed. The only way to guarantee it is just a pleasant day out, a nice ride with friends with a few drinks would be to leave the hounds behind. "

Ok, well its a bit more than a nice ride out with friends, your getting your info second hand. I can tell you from first hand experience it rarely happens

Prestwich

`Nice people`?

That are cruel.

Again. It's not cruel, nothing gets eaten. We follow a trail"

Hunting foxes with dogs is cruel..as is a pack of out of control dogs tearing apart any unfortunate pets that get in the way

`Nice people`?

That are cruel.

Again. It's not cruel, nothing gets eaten. We follow a trailHunting foxes with dogs is cruel..as is a pack of out of control dogs tearing apart any unfortunate pets that get in the way"

Ok, so why are all the foot followers dogs that were at the meet today all in shreds?

The general concencus of the pro hunt folks is that if they ride out and the dogs get hold of a fox, that it is an accident, however if someone lets their dog off the lead and it attacks a sheep that is different some how.

Prestwich

ps..its easy to kill something ..Bit sick if its for pleasure tbh.

you try GIVING life..much harder.

"The general concencus of the pro hunt folks is that if they ride out and the dogs get hold of a fox, that it is an accident, however if someone lets their dog off the lead and it attacks a sheep that is different some how.

"

Although sheep are confined to a field. Usually with a helpful sign. Theres no way of telling where Mr fox might be at any given time

"ps..its easy to kill something ..Bit sick if its for pleasure tbh.

you try GIVING life..much harder."

Do you actually read any of the other comments?

Prestwich

"The country is the country unless you were bought up in the country in a farming or estate environment

It's a jolly good day out if you like dogs , horses and a good chat "

``Bring back bear baiting`` i hear you cry..Gadzooks man,its a spiffing day out and i swear the bear enjoys it too...People that dont do it will never understand

Prestwich

Do you actually read any of the other comments? "

Depends...

I dont need to comment on everything i read

Do you actually read any of the other comments?

Depends...

I dont need to comment on everything i read "

So when I said I (and the majority of people I hunt with) dont go out to see anything killed, you just ignore that, plus we only follow trails! Not live fluffy creatures!! They disturbs a herd of deer today... Did the hounds hunt them down? No, because the huntsman can control them!

By *live and PopeyesCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Just back from a great days hunting roll on Tuesday back out again can't waite

"Just back from a great days hunting roll on Tuesday back out again can't waite "

Did any foxes perish on your hunt today?

Widnes

"Inbread yocals, people who are the result of of sexual activity between close family members, who are commonly thick, and have webbed feet, and live in back water arse end of nowhere places where they still point at aeroplanes.

Now, stop calling me a racist"

I will call you a racist because that is what you are being. In fact the worst sort. Your racism is so in built and natural to you that you can not even recognise it yourself when it is pointed out to you.

Also by what right do you take it upon yourself to tell me what I would or won't do or what I observe or don't observe. If I say I didn't know you were black what relevance is it that you think I should have known, I still didn't. End of conversation on that.

Calling someone an inbred is a racist term. It has often been used against indigenous peoples from North America, through Africa and in Australia to. The slur behind the remark is that the indigenous peoples involved have weekend their own gene pool and as such are less worthy, maybe a little stupid and their rights as human beings less important than others.

The fact that you, as a black person, are willing to use such derogatory and blatantly racist comments against people just because you don't like their culture and way of life does not make it any less racist, bigoted or intolerant.

agree

Fox hunting is legal in England an Wales still to keep the numbers down. However only two dogs r allowed an the fox must b shot as quick as possible. In Scotland any amount of dogs can b used. Just Googled it.

I will call you a racist because that is what you are being. In fact the worst sort. Your racism is so in built and natural to you that you can not even recognise it yourself when it is pointed out to you.

Also by what right do you take it upon yourself to tell me what I would or won't do or what I observe or don't observe. If I say I didn't know you were black what relevance is it that you think I should have known, I still didn't. End of conversation on that.

Calling someone an inbred is a racist term. It has often been used against indigenous peoples from North America, through Africa and in Australia to. The slur behind the remark is that the indigenous peoples involved have weekend their own gene pool and as such are less worthy, maybe a little stupid and their rights as human beings less important than others.

The fact that you, as a black person, are willing to use such derogatory and blatantly racist comments against people just because you don't like their culture and way of life does not make it any less racist, bigoted or intolerant. "

If I throw a stick will you go away?

I'm not racist, I know what racism is, and it's not me, just because a word has been used as a derogatory term in Africa and Australia does not make it racist, if I had called gangsters from South Central la inbred, would that make me racist, actually don't bother answering that because if I had called a female dog a bitch you would have called me a sexist, I don't care any more, if you feel the need to be right, if you need it so much then I'll let you have it, I know I'm not racist, everyone I know knows I'm not racist, in fact it's only you who thinks that I'm racist, and why, because you don't have the mental capacity to understand that my comments were no where near being about a race of people, they were about a stereotype of people of any creed or colour, I don't want to argue this point anymore with you, life is to short to be trying to educate a keyboard warrior who is obviously a legend in his own lunchtime so I'm just going to say what ever you post next your right, your absolutely right, kudos, you're the man, go tell your friends how you win an argument on line, you big brave soldier you

"Fox hunting is legal in England an Wales still to keep the numbers down. However only two dogs r allowed an the fox must b shot as quick as possible. In Scotland any amount of dogs can b used. Just Googled it. "

If it was still legal to hunt foxes with packs of dogs and horses there work be no need to kill 1,000s of foxes a year

What people failed to understand about fox hunting with horses and dogs was that the very presence of the hunt was enough to drive the foxes away to safer areas for them . It was more about driving the foxes away because of the noise etc etc

Now these foxes that moved into cities and remote areas are going back to the previous areas where hunts used to be held and now they being shot , poisoned gassed or there dens bulldozed over

Foxes are not cute cuddly doggies they are vicious killing machines that will kill all your hens , lambs and if it gets in your house will wreck it and probably attack your children

So more foxes are being killed now than were ever hunted

By *amesDeeMan  over a year ago

Bristol

It's cruel and outdated and unnecessary, and perverts the minds of those who get hooked into doing it - which is and was always a big part of the point of it.

However, it happens all the time and they get away with it, essentially because it's a posh persons pastime - yeah not exclusively but essentially.

The law needs strengthening, police need to make more efforts in prosecuting, and judges need to make the sickos and misguided that do it pay for breaking the law.

The fact that you, as a black person, are willing to use such derogatory and blatantly racist comments against people just because you don't like their culture and way of life does not make it any less racist, bigoted or intolerant.

I'm not racist, I know what racism is, and it's not me, just because a word has been used as a derogatory term in Africa and Australia does not make it racist, if I had called gangsters from South Central la inbred, would that make me racist, actually don't bother answering that because if I had called a female dog a bitch you would have called me a sexist, I don't care any more, if you feel the need to be right, if you need it so much then I'll let you have it, I know I'm not racist, everyone I know knows I'm not racist, in fact it's only you who thinks that I'm racist, and why, because you don't have the mental capacity to understand that my comments were no where near being about a race of people, they were about a stereotype of people of any creed or colour, I don't want to argue this point anymore with you, life is to short to be trying to educate a keyboard warrior who is obviously a legend in his own lunchtime so I'm just going to say what ever you post next your right, your absolutely right, kudos, you're the man, go tell your friends how you win an argument on line, you big brave soldier you"

No you are racist as is everyone in this planet . It's how you accept this racism and whether you realise you may be unfair in your treatment of others that counts And how much you try to treat all people equally

It's inbuilt into our warrior genes that anyone who looks sounds or dresses differently should be killed to protect our family or cave dwelling

I accept that sometimes I treat people less favourably because of their Colour and I try really hard not to . However you seem to think you are totally right and everyone else is totally wrong

I'm not racist, I know what racism is, and it's not me, just because a word has been used as a derogatory term in Africa and Australia does not make it racist, if I had called gangsters from South Central la inbred, would that make me racist, actually don't bother answering that because if I had called a female dog a bitch you would have called me a sexist, I don't care any more, if you feel the need to be right, if you need it so much then I'll let you have it, I know I'm not racist, everyone I know knows I'm not racist, in fact it's only you who thinks that I'm racist, and why, because you don't have the mental capacity to understand that my comments were no where near being about a race of people, they were about a stereotype of people of any creed or colour, I don't want to argue this point anymore with you, life is to short to be trying to educate a keyboard warrior who is obviously a legend in his own lunchtime so I'm just going to say what ever you post next your right, your absolutely right, kudos, you're the man, go tell your friends how you win an argument on line, you big brave soldier you

No you are racist as is everyone in this planet . It's how you accept this racism and whether you realise you may be unfair in your treatment of others that counts And how much you try to treat all people equally

It's inbuilt into our warrior genes that anyone who looks sounds or dresses differently should be killed to protect our family or cave dwelling

I accept that sometimes I treat people less favourably because of their Colour and I try really hard not to . However you seem to think you are totally right and everyone else is totally wrong "

I give up

"It's cruel and outdated and unnecessary, and perverts the minds of those who get hooked into doing it - which is and was always a big part of the point of it.

However, it happens all the time and they get away with it, essentially because it's a posh persons pastime - yeah not exclusively but essentially.

The law needs strengthening, police need to make more efforts in prosecuting, and judges need to make the sickos and misguided that do it pay for breaking the law."

We don't break the law!! You people don't actually listen! Your only interested in your own anti elitist bullshit. I'm not posh, or rich or entitled but I love it, its about me and my horses having a great time but no no no all I want to see is small fluffies murdered. Get. A. Grip. Do some research, go and follow for a day and really see what happens.

I accept that sometimes I treat people less favourably because of their Colour and I try really hard not to . However you seem to think you are totally right and everyone else is totally wrong

I give up"

Actually no I don't, how dare you slate me and call me racist when you admit to being racist and try to pass it off as something that is normal and there fore should be accepted, I'll make it simple so you understand, my comment was about people from certain POST CODES, and therefore not about a particular race, so not racist, so can you please stop talking out of your arse for a few seconds, because this has been going on all day, yeah we get it you like to kill stuff, but don't think that you can brand me a racist just because I don't believe in what you believe in, oh and by the way being a racist isn't about being a warrior, it's about being a coward, a self confessed racist telling me I'm racist, that's a fucking joke, and the worst part is you don't even understand the difference

Do you hunt? "

I have hunted with lurcher both hare and fox.I have hunted with hounds and shotguns in Wales. I have hunted yes. I have hunted fox with terriers.I have been to the waterloo cup (Google it)

again yes I have hunted

I know the pain animals are inflicted

I will never hurt an animal for a hobby or past time ever again.

I know work in animal welfare helping animals as part of my job.

Again .I have hinted and know the pain and fear they face

fox do not get killed cleanly.it's not instant

Do you hunt?

I have hunted with lurcher both hare and fox.I have hunted with hounds and shotguns in Wales. I have hunted yes. I have hunted fox with terriers.I have been to the waterloo cup (Google it)

again yes I have hunted

fox do not get killed cleanly.it's not instant "

Ok, well as I've said, no one I hunt with goes out with the intention of harm, we follow a trail so, maybe it's different where you are

"

Foxes are not cute cuddly doggies they are vicious killing machines that will kill all your hens , lambs and if it gets in your house will wreck it and probably attack your children

"

They are not vicious killing machines,they are animals trying to survive.

to say they will get into your house and wreck not and attack your children is a laughable excuse to try and justify blood lust for killing them.

get a grip of reality.

Do you hunt?

again yes I have hunted

Ok, well as I've said, no one I hunt with goes out with the intention of harm, we follow a trail so, maybe it's different where you are"

I've seen people cheering when the fox or hare gets caught.that to me shows joy in a kill

"

to say they will get into your house and wreck not and attack your children is a laughable excuse to try and justify blood lust for killing them.

get a grip of reality."

I've seen what they do to a hen coop. Wouldn't be so bad if they actually took the lot

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I think it is a rather unpleasant way to kill any animal.

Do you hunt?

again yes I have hunted

Ok, well as I've said, no one I hunt with goes out with the intention of harm, we follow a trail so, maybe it's different where you are

I've seen people cheering when the fox or hare gets caught.that to me shows joy in a kill"

That's not everyone though is it? I can't speak for every hunt, just mine, just like you can't speak for everyone either, just your experiences

"I think it is a rather unpleasant way to kill any animal. "

They don't go out to kill anything though. Just follow a trail... This has been said so much throughout this thread but not one person has taken any notice

Bristol

"

We don't break the law!! You people don't actually listen! Your only interested in your own anti elitist bullshit. I'm not posh, or rich or entitled but I love it, its about me and my horses having a great time but no no no all I want to see is small fluffies murdered. Get. A. Grip. Do some research, go and follow for a day and really see what happens."

Having an adventure on a horse is altogether another thing and there are many other ways to do that than tag along with people involved in chasing foxes.

Most hunts end up illegally chasing and when the sabs aren't there, killing foxes At the very best they are deliberately flaunting the law.

Some breed foxes specifically to let loose to chase. The lie that they set out to follow a scent trail is ridiculous - hounds are frequently called to chase a fox. Plenty of evidence out there to show the above.

"I think it is a rather unpleasant way to kill any animal.

They don't go out to kill anything though. Just follow a trail... This has been said so much throughout this thread but not one person has taken any notice"

I think people have listened, the point is by its very nature, hunting with hounds and coming across a fox is very likely to lead to it being caught. While it may not be the intention, it does happen. And as far as I'm concerned that is fine, I suspect the kill is far quicker that way than other methods of control. If people want to hunt with no danger to foxes do it without the hounds.

Bristol

"

get a grip of reality."

They also naturally self regulate in their numbers.

But anyway, it's the hunting ceremony, like some religious blood cult, that I mainly object to. The "blooding" of kids for example. That's what the IRA used to do. It's desensitisation done deliberately to bond people into an aristocratic cult. David Cameron is one of them.

"I think it is a rather unpleasant way to kill any animal.

They don't go out to kill anything though. Just follow a trail... This has been said so much throughout this thread but not one person has taken any notice

I think people have listened, the point is by its very nature, hunting with hounds and coming across a fox is very likely to lead to it being caught. While it may not be the intention, it does happen. And as far as I'm concerned that is fine, I suspect the kill is far quicker that way than other methods of control. If people want to hunt with no danger to foxes do it without the hounds."

You can't hunt without hounds, that's the whole point.

Widnes

I give up

Actually no I don't, how dare you slate me and call me racist when you admit to being racist and try to pass it off as something that is normal and there fore should be accepted, I'll make it simple so you understand, my comment was about people from certain POST CODES, and therefore not about a particular race, so not racist, so can you please stop talking out of your arse for a few seconds, because this has been going on all day, yeah we get it you like to kill stuff, but don't think that you can brand me a racist just because I don't believe in what you believe in, oh and by the way being a racist isn't about being a warrior, it's about being a coward, a self confessed racist telling me I'm racist, that's a fucking joke, and the worst part is you don't even understand the difference "

If I made a derogator comment about people who lived in Liverpool 8 or London SW9, SW8 or SW12 most people would consider that to be racist. You seem to be living under the totally false delusion that it's only racist if it's white on black. You're wrong. It's racist whether it's black on white, white on black, ethnic protestant Scots on ethnic Irish Catholics, Serbian Orthodox Christians on Croatian Catholics, Rwandan Hutus on Tutsi, black on black or white on white.

I don't know if you are genuinely racist, I suspect probably not, but that does not mean that you're never racist and most fair minded people would consider calling a whole group of people 'inbred yokels' racist, especially if you're using that comment as an explanation for what you consider their deviant cultural behaviour.

It's doubly a shame because on the main argument of this thread (fox hunting) I'm probably more in agreement with the anti side than pro. However I'm even more opposed to nonchalant racism. Maybe you should just rethink the comment rather than getting angry with those that have pointed out the racial undertones of what you said.

I give up

Actually no I don't, how dare you slate me and call me racist when you admit to being racist and try to pass it off as something that is normal and there fore should be accepted, I'll make it simple so you understand, my comment was about people from certain POST CODES, and therefore not about a particular race, so not racist, so can you please stop talking out of your arse for a few seconds, because this has been going on all day, yeah we get it you like to kill stuff, but don't think that you can brand me a racist just because I don't believe in what you believe in, oh and by the way being a racist isn't about being a warrior, it's about being a coward, a self confessed racist telling me I'm racist, that's a fucking joke, and the worst part is you don't even understand the difference

If I made a derogator comment about people who lived in Liverpool 8 or London SW9, SW8 or SW12 most people would consider that to be racist. You seem to be living under the totally false delusion that it's only racist if it's white on black. You're wrong. It's racist whether it's black on white, white on black, ethnic protestant Scots on ethnic Irish Catholics, Serbian Orthodox Christians on Croatian Catholics, Rwandan Hutus on Tutsi, black on black or white on white.

I don't know if you are genuinely racist, I suspect probably not, but that does not mean that you're never racist and most fair minded people would consider calling a whole group of people 'inbred yokels' racist, especially if you're using that comment as an explanation for what you consider their deviant cultural behaviour.

It's doubly a shame because on the main argument of this thread (fox hunting) I'm probably more in agreement with the anti side than pro. However I'm even more opposed to nonchalant racism. Maybe you should just rethink the comment rather than getting angry with those that have pointed out the racial undertones of what you said."

So what your saying is that if I call a mixed race man from Birmingham an inbred prick, I'm racist, it's not racist to deem one post code better than another or the people of that post code, because if it was the whole scale that we have for house prices I racist, and if that's the case the whole housing market is going to fall apart.

I never mentioned race, I commented on a social group, and a social group is a lot different to a race.

So, stop calling me a racist, because it's starting to get on my last nerve

"

This isn't done by the fox to give pleasure to a load of jumped up pricks though is it, it's nature and what they do.. A lot like wolves and other such animals.

Also the drag hunts often come across live foxes by "accident". The farmers and huntsmen know where the foxes sets are yet still go near them, accident my arse.

It's a barbaric "sport" and if foxes need controlling tvey should shoot them as its far more humane although probably not as much fun for the tossers on horseback

get a grip of reality.

I've seen what they do to a hen coop. Wouldn't be so bad if they actually took the lot"

"

get a grip of reality."

This

How the fuck can someone be branded a racist for opposing fox hunting?? Fucking seen it all on here now

Do you hunt?

again yes I have hunted

I've seen people cheering when the fox or hare gets caught.that to me shows joy in a kill

That's not everyone though is it? I can't speak for every hunt, just mine, just like you can't speak for everyone either, just your experiences"

I hardly think you would admit that your hunt were illegally killing foxes even if they were

Widnes

I give up

It's doubly a shame because on the main argument of this thread (fox hunting) I'm probably more in agreement with the anti side than pro. However I'm even more opposed to nonchalant racism. Maybe you should just rethink the comment rather than getting angry with those that have pointed out the racial undertones of what you said.

So what your saying is that if I call a mixed race man from Birmingham an inbred prick, I'm racist, it's not racist to deem one post code better than another or the people of that post code, because if it was the whole scale that we have for house prices I racist, and if that's the case the whole housing market is going to fall apart.

I never mentioned race, I commented on a social group, and a social group is a lot different to a race.

So, stop calling me a racist, because it's starting to get on my last nerve"

I'll stop calling you racist when you stop making racist remarks.

You commented on a social group but the comment you made was that they were all 'inbred yokels'. As I'm sure you are aware inbreeding leads to genetic divergence from the majority population and strong convergence within in the inbred community. By saying that theses people do what they do because they are all inbreeds is to say they behave differently because they are generally different. That is the very basis of all racism. I really don't believe you can't see that but I guess stranger things have happened in the world.

Widnes

"How the fuck can someone be branded a racist for opposing fox hunting?? Fucking seen it all on here now "

No one is being banded a racist for opposing fox hunting. I wasn't in favour of it my self.

The accusation of a racist comment was the phrase 'inbred yokels'

Widnes

Do you hunt?

again yes I have hunted

That's not everyone though is it? I can't speak for every hunt, just mine, just like you can't speak for everyone either, just your experiences

I hardly think you would admit that your hunt were illegally killing foxes even if they were"

That's probably true but he definitely wouldn't if they weren't either, so where does that get us?

Foxes kill it's in their nature. I believe they have been doing it since the species first evolved. Man is a hunter in the sense of gathering food, does the hunt pack eat the fox after the hunt?

There's a major difference between hunting for food and hunting for blood sports.

I give up

You commented on a social group but the comment you made was that they were all 'inbred yokels'. As I'm sure you are aware inbreeding leads to genetic divergence from the majority population and strong convergence within in the inbred community. By saying that theses people do what they do because they are all inbreeds is to say they behave differently because they are generally different. That is the very basis of all racism. I really don't believe you can't see that but I guess stranger things have happened in the world."

I'm laughing at you, you are trying so hard to prove I'm a racist and to what end? Because if you are fighting the corner of inbreads, you are admitting that the very people I have called inbreads, are in fact inbreads, and by your logic, you yourself are the racist, because I don't for one minute believe that all people in the countryside are inbreads, just like if I called someone a bastard, it wouldn't necessarily mean that I believe that they were born out of wedlock, if someone I does something I don't like, I have the tendency to insult them, why does this mean so much to you? Do you need me to be a racist in order for you to justify barbarically killing foxes? Or are you taking away from the fact that you know that hunting with dogs is wrong, now, I've not once personally attacked anyone on this thread, but I have been, I've been called a racist by someone who openly admits to racism, chased down all day long, you have tried to corner me, and I feel like the bloody fox,

I wouldn't want to get stuck in a lift with either of you two.

"I wouldn't want to get stuck in a lift with either of you two."

It would get very sandy.

"I wouldn't want to get stuck in a lift with either of you two."

Is you the fox???

"I wouldn't want to get stuck in a lift with either of you two.

Is you the fox??? "

So they say..fnar fnar! Eh? What?!

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx"

Bring it back - Fox's whilst cute are still vermin

By *entenTeaCouple  over a year ago

Buckley North Wales

For the most part we dislike hunting for sport or pleasure.

But if people must hunt then condider keeping the odds even.

Like tiger hunting on foot with spears.

Or going after sharks with a spear gun.

Or hunting other hunters.

L&T

Widnes

I give up

You commented on a social group but the comment you made was that they were all 'inbred yokels'. As I'm sure you are aware inbreeding leads to genetic divergence from the majority population and strong convergence within in the inbred community. By saying that theses people do what they do because they are all inbreeds is to say they behave differently because they are generally different. That is the very basis of all racism. I really don't believe you can't see that but I guess stranger things have happened in the world.

I'm laughing at you, you are trying so hard to prove I'm a racist and to what end? Because if you are fighting the corner of inbreads, you are admitting that the very people I have called inbreads, are in fact inbreads, and by your logic, you yourself are the racist, because I don't for one minute believe that all people in the countryside are inbreads, just like if I called someone a bastard, it wouldn't necessarily mean that I believe that they were born out of wedlock, if someone I does something I don't like, I have the tendency to insult them, why does this mean so much to you? Do you need me to be a racist in order for you to justify barbarically killing foxes? Or are you taking away from the fact that you know that hunting with dogs is wrong, now, I've not once personally attacked anyone on this thread, but I have been, I've been called a racist by someone who openly admits to racism, chased down all day long, you have tried to corner me, and I feel like the bloody fox, "

You clearly haven't read what I have written very well. I have said at least once already that I was opposed to hunting foxes, or something indeed anything, with dogs. The reason why I'm pulling you up on your racist remarks is because that is what they were, racist. I'm not trying to prove that you are a racist but I do stand by my comment that your remark that they were 'inbred yokels' was racist. Your totally refusal to climb down and distance yourself from that racist comment on the grounds that it can't be racist because it's about their culture not their colour is painting yourself into the racist corner. Racism is always about culture, skin colour just makes it easier to identify sometimes.

The fact that you go on and say that you accept that not all people in the country side are a inbreds would be a bit like me saying 'I know not every one in Brixton is a car jacking, dope smoking, hoody'. The insult and racial slur is still given and would be rightly perceived as such. You seem to have very double standards and a total inability to take any criticism of what you say.

As for not making personal attacks: You've accused me of lying and questioned my motivation for bringing you up on your comment.

Did it never occur to you that the reason why I challenged your comment 'inbred yokels' is not because I support fox hunting (which, for the record I don't) but because it is a racist, offensive remark and it should be challenged no matter who makes it.

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx"

neither agree or disagree what do you think as you started the thread nice to have your opinion ??

I hunt every week love it...but my pack are hounds not dogs...

its disgusting

Hunt kill then hunt some more that's the circle of life

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx"

Disagree. Killing something for recreation.. Disgusting.

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx

Disagree. Killing something for recreation.. Disgusting. "

its vile,,pointless and barbaric and moronic

Belfast

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx

Disagree. Killing something for recreation.. Disgusting.

its vile,,pointless and barbaric and moronic"

The toffs can't kills a lowly surf now... So the foxes get it instead.

Ugh. Please end this cruel unnecessary past time now.. That is all. Xx.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I was brought up in the countryside I'm either an inbred or a toff... I lived in Brixton for many years im an Londoner and I'm not some ghetto hood rat either I do love these threads because it just brings out the best in people errr not...I grew up in a very horsey family and some hunted do I agree with it I don't know as I can see the pro's to it but I can also very much see that there are many cons to it.

Belfast

"I was brought up in the countryside I'm either an inbred or a toff... I lived in Brixton for many years im an Londoner and I'm not some ghetto hood rat either I do love these threads because it just brings out the best in people errr not...I grew up in a very horsey family and some hunted do I agree with it I don't know as I can see the pro's to it but I can also very much see that there are many cons to it. "

Absolutely no offence intended, it does seem the enthusiasts are from very privileged backgrounds usually. That aside.. It seems so.. So deeply wrong to kill living things for sport or as a recreational pursuit.

"I was brought up in the countryside I'm either an inbred or a toff... I lived in Brixton for many years im an Londoner and I'm not some ghetto hood rat either I do love these threads because it just brings out the best in people errr not...I grew up in a very horsey family and some hunted do I agree with it I don't know as I can see the pro's to it but I can also very much see that there are many cons to it.

Absolutely no offence intended, it does seem the enthusiasts are from very privileged backgrounds usually. That aside.. It seems so.. So deeply wrong to kill living things for sport or as a recreational pursuit.

"

I was brought up in a hard working family who happened to have a bit of spare cash hardly privileged and hardly a silver spoon job. The same goes for my extended family. We were not born into money or old money my parents worked their bollocks off to provide us with the standard of living we had they were hardly toff so assumptions of the sort actually really fuck me off.

Belfast

"I was brought up in the countryside I'm either an inbred or a toff... I lived in Brixton for many years im an Londoner and I'm not some ghetto hood rat either I do love these threads because it just brings out the best in people errr not...I grew up in a very horsey family and some hunted do I agree with it I don't know as I can see the pro's to it but I can also very much see that there are many cons to it.

I was brought up in a hard working family who happened to have a bit of spare cash hardly privileged and hardly a silver spoon job. The same goes for my extended family. We were not born into money or old money my parents worked their bollocks off to provide us with the standard of living we had they were hardly toff so assumptions of the sort actually really fuck me off. "

Weather you like it or accept it or not, the majority of blood sport enthusiasts come from money.. They can afford to eat without marauding through the countryside on horseback and leading a pack of rabid dogs to woodland creatures to tear to shreds for recreation.

It serves no purpose beyond being unusall cruel to benign animals.

What a load of shit we are not a load of rich toffs we are normal hard working people who look after the countryside...

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

look after the countryside?

how exactly does somebody "look after the countryside"? .... and who do they look after it for?

Our little piece of the Countryside looks after itself without the aid of dogs tearing anything apart. There are plenty of hard working rural people who feel the same luckily round here so the hunt has had to go elsewhere.

"What a load of shit we are not a load of rich toffs we are normal hard working people who look after the countryside..."

I think in some circumstances hunts have caused more damage especially to farmers fields etc so I don't think it's so much about looking after the countryside...

"Our little piece of the Countryside looks after itself without the aid of dogs tearing anything apart. There are plenty of hard working rural people who feel the same luckily round here so the hunt has had to go elsewhere. "

I grew up around the hunt and as a little girl I had very little say if I went with my grandad to follow the hunt however as I got older I did question the point of it but what grind my gears is the assumption that we are all silver spoon toffs who live in the countryside

"What a load of shit we are not a load of rich toffs we are normal hard working people who look after the countryside...

I think in some circumstances hunts have caused more damage especially to farmers fields etc so I don't think it's so much about looking after the countryside..."

Im a farmer too as well as a hunt master so yes I do look after the countryside

"Im a farmer too as well as a hunt master so yes I do look after the countryside"

who exactly do you look after the countryside for? on who's behalf?

"Im a farmer too as well as a hunt master so yes I do look after the countryside

who exactly do you look after the countryside for? on who's behalf?"

Everyone's, who do you think looks after the footpaths and bridle ways you use? Cut the hedges so you can see better on the roads? Top verges? Actually farm so you have food for your table?

Farmers don't necessarily do that. Various trusts and volunteers do? A lot of farmers do look after their own section of land but that's for financial gain?

"Im a farmer too as well as a hunt master so yes I do look after the countryside

Everyone's, who do you think looks after the footpaths and bridle ways you use? Cut the hedges so you can see better on the roads? Top verges? Actually farm so you have food for your table?"

ha .... that's what's called the lie of the land.

Everyone's, who do you think looks after the footpaths and bridle ways you use? Cut the hedges so you can see better on the roads? Top verges? Actually farm so you have food for your table?

ha .... that's what's called the lie of the land. "

Well this is the problem with all the fantical antis. Rather than trying to learn about what it means and what actually happens you're happy to stick you're fingers in your ears and jump around shouting about murders and toffs, and getting all of your information from hunt sabs and the sun. So its completely pointless trying to explain, I'll spend my time going out to give my girl a scratch and a extra carrot after she and I partook in some pretty fabulous hedge hopping this morning *disclaimer* no fox's were harmed in the making of this mornings hunting

I reckon that people who dress up ceremonially and gather with friends to go kill animals are psychos.

You can cull without being so weird about it.

who exactly do you look after the countryside for? on who's behalf?"

A farm is a food factory on a grand scale. Without it you will go hungry. So in short...for you..

"I reckon that people who dress up ceremonially and gather with friends to go kill animals are psychos.

You can cull without being so weird about it. "

Who said we hunt animals...I dont but I do hunt a pack of hounds...

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

"On news right now

Agree or disagree

Xx"

It takes one dumb animal to hunt another !

Lived in a rural town with one of the famous boxing day hunts and for the last 20 years lived in the black country which is pretty densely populated... One thing I have noticed recently is the fox numbers are growing and they're definitely getting braver...

xx

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

It is funny reading the views of the pro and anti hunting lobbies.

The pro hunting go on about tradition and controlling vermin.

The anti hunting groups go on about the cruelty and barbarity of the 'sport'.

In a way both are right and both are totally wrong.

Fact is riding to hunt with hounds has been around since ancient times (by royalty and their nobility), however it only became open to the upper around the time of the Civil War and became popular during the Napoleonic Wars. The reason for this is it was used as a way to train horses and men (potential cavalry officers) to ride at a full gallop cross country clearing all obstacles in close proximity to others and surrounded by noise without hesitation or falling. We no longer charge headlong into battle on horseback so the reason for riding to hounds no longer exists.

The anti hunting lobby say it is a cruel and obscene past-time and that the killing of a fox with hounds is slow. Again this is not quite so, if a fox is caught by the hounds it is dead in the first 10 seconds and dismembered in less than 30 seconds by the pack unless the whippers in get there in time to save the carcase. Whereas the alternatives of shooting or gassing does not guarantee a quick death but seem to lead to the total extinction of the animals being hunted without protection (except for rabbits and rodents that breed like rabbits).

Therefore it seems to me that the only real justification in continuing the ban on hunting is one of nuisance to others which is nothing more than thinly veiled envy or a wish of the anti hunting lobby to impose their views on others.

While the only real justification the pro hunting lobby has is that by using hunting with hounds as a way to control vermin numbers wildlife diversity is being protected.

Either way it strikes me that a lot of people are wasting a lot of time and money over something that is really a nothing.

"Anyway. I'm just about to tack up and head off "

I will just grab my bugle I will let you blow it if you want

"It is funny reading the views of the pro and anti hunting lobbies.

The pro hunting go on about tradition and controlling vermin.

The anti hunting groups go on about the cruelty and barbarity of the 'sport'.

In a way both are right and both are totally wrong.

Fact is riding to hunt with hounds has been around since ancient times (by royalty and their nobility), however it only became open to the upper around the time of the Civil War and became popular during the Napoleonic Wars. The reason for this is it was used as a way to train horses and men (potential cavalry officers) to ride at a full gallop cross country clearing all obstacles in close proximity to others and surrounded by noise without hesitation or falling. We no longer charge headlong into battle on horseback so the reason for riding to hounds no longer exists.

The anti hunting lobby say it is a cruel and obscene past-time and that the killing of a fox with hounds is slow. Again this is not quite so, if a fox is caught by the hounds it is dead in the first 10 seconds and dismembered in less than 30 seconds by the pack unless the whippers in get there in time to save the carcase. Whereas the alternatives of shooting or gassing does not guarantee a quick death but seem to lead to the total extinction of the animals being hunted without protection (except for rabbits and rodents that breed like rabbits).

Therefore it seems to me that the only real justification in continuing the ban on hunting is one of nuisance to others which is nothing more than thinly veiled envy or a wish of the anti hunting lobby to impose their views on others.

While the only real justification the pro hunting lobby has is that by using hunting with hounds as a way to control vermin numbers wildlife diversity is being protected.

Either way it strikes me that a lot of people are wasting a lot of time and money over something that is really a nothing.

"

Quite like this

If I had to choose between a bullet and being ripped apart by dogs I think I'd risk a bad shot

I think what people are saying is that because foxes kill birds, shots are often bad so death isn't instant and foxes get run over, we should all dress up like clowns, saddle up, get boozed up on Cherry Brandy and go tear some foxes apart.

Sorry OP xx"

Domestic cats kill birds and more native wildlife .. should they be hunted or owning one banned..

Personally I think if they must hunt foxes they should hunt the ones in built up areas where they go through the bins, leave a mess and do really stinky shit everywhere.

By *van ArdenMan  over a year ago

Coleford, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.

I fully support hunting with dogs and hunting should be reintroduced and encouraged.

The dogs shouldn't be used to hunt defenceless animals however. They should release them on those "posh" pricks that wear red coats and ride horses and smear kid's faces with foxes blood.

"Personally I think if they must hunt foxes they should hunt the ones in built up areas where they go through the bins, leave a mess and do really stinky shit everywhere."

Yeah go full on, horses and dogs smashing thru the fences followed by an army of deerstalker wearing shotgun snipers... and still they wouldn't catch them ...

But yeah agree and people feeding them is not helping at all... less food equals less foxes and that's not being cruel , it also means the fox population has a stronger bloodline...

Reintroduce wolves. That'll help

A farm is a food factory on a grand scale. Without it you will go hungry. So in short...for you.."

no .... you don't do anything for me. as you say, you run a food factory on a grand scale. farmers do this for money not out of some magnaminous benevolence. i've lived and worked on farms. i know precisely what goes on when nobodys looking.

Well I'll whistle off in the sunset thinking that people think I'm a toff but those who know me will know me differently...I was from south London my parents wanted a better life and well we moved to the country side along with our hip flasks and our horses yah yah

By *ilberryMan  over a year ago

Scarborough

Nice one

Well this is the problem with all the fantical antis. Rather than trying to learn about what it means and what actually happens you're happy to stick you're fingers in your ears and jump around shouting about murders and toffs, and getting all of your information from hunt sabs and the sun. So its completely pointless trying to explain, I'll spend my time going out to give my girl a scratch and a extra carrot after she and I partook in some pretty fabulous hedge hopping this morning *disclaimer* no fox's were harmed in the making of this mornings hunting"

Flushing out rats on farms/industrial premises etc which are then swiftly caught by scruffy jacks and they do kill them almost instantly is still the most effective way of dealing with them so should that a positive hunting with dogs...

fox hunting has got a cap kill rate in comparison so for inefficiency alone it shouldn't be bought back in... trails are a good replacement for those keeping up with tradition, the thrill of the chase was what it really was all about...

""Im a farmer too as well as a hunt master so yes I do look after the countryside

Nice one

Well this is the problem with all the fantical antis. Rather than trying to learn about what it means and what actually happens you're happy to stick you're fingers in your ears and jump around shouting about murders and toffs, and getting all of your information from hunt sabs and the sun. So its completely pointless trying to explain, I'll spend my time going out to give my girl a scratch and a extra carrot after she and I partook in some pretty fabulous hedge hopping this morning *disclaimer* no fox's were harmed in the making of this mornings hunting"

"

i think you'll find that i haven't mentioned that anyone is a murderer or toff on this thread so not sure exactly why you've quoted me there.

what i do object to is your projection of the myth that you as farmers are somehow guardians of the countryside. i've seen for myself how farmers "manage" the land