FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Celebrating the birth of Christ

Celebrating the birth of Christ

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *at69drive OP   Man  over a year ago

Hertford

Just wondering how many members went to church either last night or today to celebrate the birth of Christ . This is what Christmas is supposed to be about .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not me.

Churches are for weddings, funerals and holiday pics.

If others take comfort in them, then great, just not for me.

"Just wondering how many members went to church either last night or today to celebrate the birth of Christ . This is what Christmas is supposed to be about ."

It can be celebrated anywhere, surely?

Living one's life in a Christian manner always, shows gratitude for Christ's birth, life and death.

Given Christ was born in the summer,i prefer to celebrate the true tradition of this holiday.

It's dark and cold, and the harvest is a long way off.

So we shall eat drink and be merry and celebrate that we shall survive this dark time.

By *uthTVDerbysTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

People nowadays have overlooked what the meaning of Christmas is all about. Forgetting that we are meant to be celebrating Santa's Birthday

In the words of Amy Farrah Fowler.....

"I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance"

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

Christmas is about spreading goodwill in my opinion not about whether a person really existed or not.Like a previous poster said why would an all powerful omnipotent all knowing all seeing deity need people to celebrate them or flock to a temple to show adoration but then return to their unchristian ways (unless living according to a book written by men)

"Just wondering how many members went to church either last night or today to celebrate the birth of Christ . This is what Christmas is supposed to be about ."

No thats what christians turned it into when they hijacked the pre existing pagan holiday and festivities, those of us who dont believe in nonsense and fairytales have no need for churches

"People nowadays have overlooked what the meaning of Christmas is all about. Forgetting that we are meant to be celebrating Santa's Birthday "
..bur Christmas has nothing to do with jesus it was a holiday far older than Christianity

By *uthTVDerbysTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

"People nowadays have overlooked what the meaning of Christmas is all about. Forgetting that we are meant to be celebrating Santa's Birthday ..bur Christmas has nothing to do with jesus it was a holiday far older than Christianity "

Exactly. The same goes for Easter. People think that's to do with Jesus rising again. Yeah. Really?.

For those less ignorant, it celebrates the invention of the chocolate egg. By Sir Thornton Cadbury himself.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

"Just wondering how many members went to church either last night or today to celebrate the birth of Christ . This is what Christmas is supposed to be about .

No thats what christians turned it into when they hijacked the pre existing pagan holiday and festivities, those of us who dont believe in nonsense and fairytales have no need for churches "

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

We went. I am not a Christian, but my seventeen year old is, so we took the opportunity to support him (I took him around many churches when he was fifteen and wanted to try some out) ... it was a good opportunity to reflect over the year and how we all feel about each other and the importance of family. For that experience, we each took what we needed to from it ....

By *lectrumMan  over a year ago

south shields

Yeah I went lastnight

By *adysueandneroCouple  over a year ago

witney

"Just wondering how many members went to church either last night or today to celebrate the birth of Christ . This is what Christmas is supposed to be about .

No thats what christians turned it into when they hijacked the pre existing pagan holiday and festivities, those of us who dont believe in nonsense and fairytales have no need for churches "

Very much agree with this

Also it could never happen today. An unmarried young woman claiming to be a virgin and execting Gods child. They would be accused of benefit scrounging and trying to jump the council flat waiting list!

I sure did

Haha. Religion always makes me piss. "Worship me and dedicate your life to me, cos I'm all forgiving and nice". Dunces.

To I didn't step foot in a brainwashing cult building, thankfully

"Given Christ was born in the summer,i prefer to celebrate the true tradition of this holiday.

It's dark and cold, and the harvest is a long way off.

So we shall eat drink and be merry and celebrate that we shall survive this dark time."

Spot on

» Add a new message to this topic